Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,648

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83696 Jan 26, 2013
I wonder if a moniker is something like a trouser monkey?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83698 Jan 26, 2013
owl wrote:
<quoted text>
you're right, I'm not only pissing in the wind, I'm casting pearls among swine. Everybody is a nobody, myself included. Realistically, what I say won't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but if I have had an influence on changing even one person's thoughts or attitudes for the better, that is one flap of a butterfly's wings that may someday have an effect. I am already at the point of saying "why I did all that", frankly I don't know and I am just about done pissing in the wind.
Good morning Sybil. Don't get discouraged. Just look at how some folks treat me and my Gems of Wisdom.
owl

Stanton, KY

#83699 Jan 26, 2013
this thread is good for everyone to get the opportunity to 'say what you need to say'. If nothing else this thread has served as a way to pass time while communicating with others from many different backgrounds and allows you to see what lurks in the minds of others. The anonymity here allows you to say things which you would probably not say in the presence of others. You can not only be more truthful, but you can also lie without regard to repurcussions and consequences of what you say. I guess that's why this thread has become so popular.
How many of you here would be able to face the people you have communicated with on this thread without feeling shame for what you have said?
HilLogic

London, KY

#83700 Jan 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I was just thinking that all the variables on this thread reminds me of something I once experienced.
A deer was trying to make it's way across a frozen lake, breaking down the ice as it came. When it got to the other side it lay on the bank almost near death from exhaustion and cold.
I felt sorry for the poor deer but the crowd that gathered was quite laughable. One old dude was down on the ground trying to give the deer some warm milk. A younger Bubba type was trying to give it some bourbon whiskey.
The 3rd and most laughable was some woman down on her hands and knees with her arms outstretched toward the Heavens, proclaiming repeatedly in loud voice "Lord, save this deer".
Then a realist came by and saved the deer in his freezer. I think the deer might have even survived if it were not for all the futile hovering of warm milk, bourbon, and prayers.
What a great analogy; morality, immorality, religion and logic. ;-)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83702 Jan 26, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
What a great analogy; morality, immorality, religion and logic. ;-)
and humor and compassion.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83704 Jan 26, 2013
owl wrote:
How many of you here would be able to face the people you have communicated with on this thread without feeling shame for what you have said?
The variable for me would be about 10% shame and 90% pride. I guess as humans that is about as good as one can hope for. Only "ONE" was perfect, and HE was crucified.
W KY Girl

Dunlap, IL

#83705 Jan 26, 2013
owl wrote:
<quoted text>
you're right, I'm not only pissing in the wind, I'm casting pearls among swine. Everybody is a nobody, myself included. Realistically, what I say won't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but if I have had an influence on changing even one person's thoughts or attitudes for the better, that is one flap of a butterfly's wings that may someday have an effect. I am already at the point of saying "why I did all that", frankly I don't know and I am just about done pissing in the wind.
Boy you got that right!!! I have NOTHING bad at all to say about Hempburn, Nope or Oglala. But no doubt I have been casting pearls among a few swine. When so-called "Christians" are offended by Christ related posts, IT SAYS A LOT! When some people who claim to go to church every Sunday act as they do, it is no wonder people are turned away from Christianity. People like them a the reason people run away from church!
Go All A

Stanton, KY

#83707 Jan 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Abeliever. Hope you have minimal trouble with ice. This time, the southern part of Ky got the foul weather, usually it is north, near the river.
Nothing wrong about alluding to a representative. Adults should be able to talk about this, as well as any other subject. I don't "talk politics," but when policy issues directly affect my well-being or pocket book, I don't shy away from discussing these important matters. Take for instance, gun control, higher taxes, increased cost of gas and necessary goods, or first and second Amendment rights of citizens. There is a difference...And no, there is no other thread that addresses these issues. Now those folks on the Rand Paul site are not even "talking politics". They are just bashing each other, and I want no part of that.
it's very difficult for most people to discuss issues without degenerating into a bashing contest because most are incapable of considering other viewpoints that do not fit their own. BTW, I thought you wanted to have a debate with me but then you got silent after I responded to your post about the issue of military aid to potentially hostile countries like Egypt. Is it because of your inflexible opinions with regards to military aid to our 'ally' Israel? This is actually a very good topic to discuss. Why is Israel our ally?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83708 Jan 26, 2013
I have never really told any outright lies, but I have left things a little vague from time to time and let others assume what they may. When questioned in years past by the wife as to where I had been, I would say "I went by the car lot". Which I did and that was not a lie. I drove right on by it on the way to someplace else. If she chose to assume that I had stopped, more power to her. LOL
NEO

Stanton, KY

#83710 Jan 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The variable for me would be about 10% shame and 90% pride. I guess as humans that is about as good as one can hope for. Only "ONE" was perfect, and HE was crucified.
usually that is what happens to one who tries to be 'perfect'. Of all the people you know who go to church, do you know of any who is or strives to be Christ-like?
owl

Stanton, KY

#83712 Jan 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have never really told any outright lies, but I have left things a little vague from time to time and let others assume what they may. When questioned in years past by the wife as to where I had been, I would say "I went by the car lot". Which I did and that was not a lie. I drove right on by it on the way to someplace else. If she chose to assume that I had stopped, more power to her. LOL
if you didn't tell the whole truth on the little things, then how did you deal with the bigger things?
Girl W KY

Stanton, KY

#83713 Jan 26, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy you got that right!!! I have NOTHING bad at all to say about Hempburn, Nope or Oglala. But no doubt I have been casting pearls among a few swine. When so-called "Christians" are offended by Christ related posts, IT SAYS A LOT! When some people who claim to go to church every Sunday act as they do, it is no wonder people are turned away from Christianity. People like them a the reason people run away from church!
do you believe in the dogma of "God's chosen people"? Why do the Jews think they are the 'chosen people' and why do Christians buy into that nonsense?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83714 Jan 26, 2013
NEO wrote:
<quoted text>
usually that is what happens to one who tries to be 'perfect'. Of all the people you know who go to church, do you know of any who is or strives to be Christ-like?
Quite a number strives but none achieves and I have found that for me I can do about as well in my struggle out admiring GOD"S handiwork as I can in a man-made building with man-made rules for social conformity. That is not for everyone either and some require the comradeship that church affords and are willing to conform just so as to "fit in".

The church I attend now was my father's old church and I go mainly to carry on his tradition. I don't follow the leader or try to pattern my relationship with GOD after any man or woman, especially not those on television. My dad's church is a little noisy as if some think that GOD is so old that he could be a little hard of hearing. I like the Scripture that says "BE STLL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD" and I can be more still out with just me and GOD and not being disturbed by what others may be doing or not doing.
HilLogic

London, KY

#83715 Jan 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
and humor and compassion.
Most definitely; without those two, life would be nearly unbearable at times.
HilLogic

London, KY

#83716 Jan 26, 2013
The only lie I ever told was that I never told a lie. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83717 Jan 26, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. Sun shining bright, still frigid 28 degrees, but no ice/s-word. haha

I am going to go back and catch up.

I hope everyone is still warm, safe, and having a good day!

Be back.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83718 Jan 26, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Full moon...???
haha, yes, full moon and all it's crazies. lol How have you been Blueminer? We were wondering about you out in all that mess. I am so glad you are safe. We missed you.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83719 Jan 26, 2013
owl wrote:
<quoted text>
if you didn't tell the whole truth on the little things, then how did you deal with the bigger things?
It was not a matter of truth but more so not "spilling one's guts" over every little detail. Bigger things were easy to be truthful about. I grew up in a small town where the only thing for teen boys to do was to either work on the farm or go to the Pool Hall and learn how to shoot pool. I worked hard but did learn the game in my leisure time and became quite good at it. That was about my only sport because after school the boys playing High School sports could practice while I did farm chores. I could go to the Pool Hall at night after old Bossy was milked, etc. I have never been on a golf course or to a bowling alley.

So years later after a stressful day at work, I would stop by the local Honky Tonk and play a few games just to relax. I knew the wife did not like the place and I saw no reason to mention it and start some debate that would send me off to the work shop.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#83720 Jan 26, 2013
Morin' all. It's cold, oh so cold out there! Hope everyone is snuggled in and comfy!

Glad to see you all today. It means no one lost power and that you all more than likely stayed off of the roads!

:)
WKG

Dunlap, IL

#83721 Jan 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a number strives but none achieves and I have found that for me I can do about as well in my struggle out admiring GOD"S handiwork as I can in a man-made building with man-made rules for social conformity. That is not for everyone either and some require the comradeship that church affords and are willing to conform just so as to "fit in".
The church I attend now was my father's old church and I go mainly to carry on his tradition. I don't follow the leader or try to pattern my relationship with GOD after any man or woman, especially not those on television. My dad's church is a little noisy as if some think that GOD is so old that he could be a little hard of hearing. I like the Scripture that says "BE STLL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD" and I can be more still out with just me and GOD and not being disturbed by what others may be doing or not doing.
You can't get to heaven hanging on to your daddy's coat tail. God only has children, not grandchildren. Every "tv preacher" is not working for satan. No doubt many are working for theirself, but not all. Anybody who thinks that God can not use tv, the internet or anything else to reach people is... let's just say wrong. God owns eveything and can use whatever He pleases for whatever He pleases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 13 min Vargus 5,764
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr wtf 154,274
campbell vs smith for sheriff 2 hr Warrior 7
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr tluv 3,542
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 4 hr Redhound squad 15
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 4 hr Snowden 25
Dylan Mills (Sep '08) 5 hr Lisa 11
kC principal injured 12 hr what happened 9
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... Sun record 10
•••