Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,661

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
W KY Girl

Dunlap, IL

#83634 Jan 25, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't say gunshy, people just cannot talk politics without someone getting nasty or ignorant, much like religion. We all have our own opinions and if I wanted to talk either I would go to one of the thousands on both subjects. That is why I liked this thread. Common goal trying to figure out what killed the birds, theories on all the subjects brought to light trying to figure out what killed the birds, good stories, songs, Ancient Wolf's wisdom, several posters humor, anything and everything but those two subjects except for an occassional mention or just plain folks chatting about everything.***If you all want to turn into another political thread I guess I will avoid it like I do the randpaul sites everytime I click on to the bird site. I don't have the time or desire to jump post to post and espcially those sites. I knew wkygirl jumped over there under her United States location and joined in. You can read her and pick her out in a New York minute.***
I hope you have a good evening catching up on your chores. Maybe I will catch you later if you can't sleep.
WHO wrote this??? Was it Ditch Mitch? Oh no, it was Abeliever?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83643 Jan 25, 2013
Dinner is ready. Time to make those grilled cheese sandwiches. I will be back later.

I hope everyone is staying warm. I will be back later.
Yep

Corbin, KY

#83644 Jan 25, 2013
Just hundreds? That won't even make a dent in them. There are 10's of thousands of starlings and blackbirds. Of course birds get sick like anything else does so they've probably got some kind of flu or something similar that they're passing around. Just don't pick them up or handle them in any way if you find them. If you have to move them use disposable gloves and bury them somewhere. If we're lucky this will thin them out some.
butterfly effect

Stanton, KY

#83646 Jan 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Nothing posted since Una and I left here 6 hours ago with our chili leaving Pastor Fat Wallet and Sybil all alone with their deep, dark thoughts on how to influence the world with a Topix thread.
Maybe they will have better luck when the congregation is not worrying about impending bad weather.
for some reason when I post those "deep dark thoughts" silence follows, and because it's winter there are no crickets to break that silence. But actually wolf, that silence is very profound because all it takes is a few of the right people to read my silent words...the influence could be far greater than you could imagine. Ever heard of the "butterfly effect"?
Girl W KY

Stanton, KY

#83647 Jan 25, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have a whole lot of time. I bet when you tell these tales of some "hot date" and going out with all your "friends" - in fact you are just going next door to hang out on the Paul sites. You have outed yourself as the true Sybil and still accusing me of changing names? I am "like Sybil, changing names but at least he doesn't hide it." Yeah right Mitch. Baaahhahahaaaaaa
Well thank you for giving me a good laugh today. hehehe I have to go now because I actually do have a real life, not a fake one. LOL
who's Mitch??
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83653 Jan 25, 2013
For the BIRDS from Discovery Channel:

Africa: Bizarre bird attacks its baby brother

http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...

Cute dogs right under the video too.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#83655 Jan 25, 2013
Lord what a day! Looks like a fun one in here too.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83659 Jan 25, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Lord what a day! Looks like a fun one in here too.
It does doesn't it? It kind of looks like Theodora has had a Buster Brown field day, but I know she wasn't here. Just like a skating rink, I think she might have rented her poop stompers out. That's the free enterprize system at work, I suppose. Hehehe.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#83661 Jan 25, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone, particularly AW who is likely to be the only threader up this morning. I see that AW was up at 4 A.M. So was I, but hubby would wake up if I posted, and I did not want to interrupt his sleep. I should get a laptop, but I've been putting it off. Does anyone recommend a particular brand of laptop.
AW, my whole day is nonsense, sometimes. Yeah, and I love big mouth Billy Bass.
I would recommend an acre aspire. I have the quad core processor , and it works great!!! The batteries in the Toshiba brand seems to go bad quickly. If you like using the Linux operating system or Ubuntu, the Acer is a perfect lap top. Just my opinion;) this little raven has to fly:)
Noisy Cricket

Franklin, KY

#83662 Jan 25, 2013
What the hell is going on in this thread?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83663 Jan 25, 2013
butterfly effect wrote:
<quoted text>
for some reason when I post those "deep dark thoughts" silence follows, and because it's winter there are no crickets to break that silence. But actually wolf, that silence is very profound because all it takes is a few of the right people to read my silent words...the influence could be far greater than you could imagine. Ever heard of the "butterfly effect"?
Sure I have heard of such effects and maybe silence does follow your "deep dark thoughts", but it is a futile effort to be posting on this thread. There are no "right people" here to read your remarks and you are just pi$$ing in the wind.

There is not a single poster on this thread (including me) that has any influence over anything except their own little tiny piece of the pie and that is what makes your posts seem so silly. It is not the contents of your deep, dark thoughts so much as your thinking this thread can or will change anything. Spin those wheels, spin those locations, spin those monikers and maybe someday you will wake up and wonder "why I did all that" ?
Blueminer

United States

#83665 Jan 25, 2013
Full moon...???
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83667 Jan 25, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Full moon...???
Good Evening. I hope you are safe somewhere and not in foul weather.
Blueminer

United States

#83668 Jan 25, 2013
Hello Everyone! My previous comment was directed at all that hate and discontment I was reading. Sure be glad when it warms up so everyone can get out and about a lil bit.

Maybe loosen up and relax and be more tolerant of thy Topix Neighbor?

Just a thought. Go ahead and cuss me if you want.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83669 Jan 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I did the same thing with a nice, long nap. And as I just got through posting to Sybil, it does not really matter who is right or wrong on this thread, but that sheep sounding KY jelly poster sounds considerably like that old Big Daddy poster that claimed to be from Daviess county when it's ISP was Central Kentucky. I have been calling it Pastor Fat Wallet because all it knows how to do is copy-paste the various Pastor Fat Wallet's testimonials then as AB says came on here and shows the true colors. WHATEVER lol
Yes Pastor Fat Wallet. LOL. They got to have that money, I mean do people really know about the cost of jet fuel for Joyce Meyer to fly around in that private jet? And dang, there is Benny Hinn. He needs a new pair of designer shoes, the ones he is wearing are at least two days old. I could go on and on with the needs of these false teachers, but the list is endless to fakes and their wants. Let's not forget big Jimmy and little prodical Jimmy, his Ho's have got to eat too, the very idea.

Amen on the manure spreader, AW. I think it needs some adjustment though. It's laying it on really heavy. Glad it's not chicken manure, that high nitrogen stuff would even kill the roots. Bull popo isn't as bad in overuse.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83670 Jan 25, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hello Everyone! My previous comment was directed at all that hate and discontment I was reading. Sure be glad when it warms up so everyone can get out and about a lil bit.
Maybe loosen up and relax and be more tolerant of thy Topix Neighbor?
Just a thought. Go ahead and cuss me if you want.
Now we do have a weak agreement. Don't tempt me. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83671 Jan 25, 2013
Thou shall not tempt the Farterman by waving a can of beans under his nose. Hehehe.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83672 Jan 25, 2013
Think I'm going to go to bed again. AW better double check the bond on your quarter/string/super glue, before you toss it at Rev. Fat Wallet. Good Night.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83673 Jan 25, 2013
Good Night Una. I am off here to do the same.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#83674 Jan 25, 2013
Leo
To the disappointment of some and the delight of others, your wild streak is finally coming to an end. The forces of right and reason silence most of the irrational distractions that have followed you over the past couple of years. Dominant Leo personalities will be tempered by their partners now. It's important that you're willing to understand other's points of view, even if you're not going to adopt them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min yeah man 7,287
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Le Duped 155,480
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 45 min really? 45
knox board of ed raising taxes 47 min right?! 120
Stealing from child's grave 55 min gimme a big nickle 17
T and L pawn 2 hr True Anon 2
Joe and Teresa 2 hr I wonder 13

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]