Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,705

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
HilLogic

London, KY

#83594 Jan 25, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I had read that exact story earlier in the month with the Bullitt County poster talking about the boom. I live between the Louisville Airport and Fort Knox airfield and I have never heard such a sound. We use to blame all booms on Fort Knox, but since the Armor Center moved to Georgia there is very little tank activity on that post if any. There are rock quarries around the area so I am inclined to believe those blast may be what people are hearing in this area. Thanks for the sites. Let us know if you hear or see anything different.
Have a great day!
I will be happy to just that. I enjoy reading the posts on this thread; it gives me the warm fuzzies most of the time.:-)
I hope you have a great day as well!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83595 Jan 25, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day for homemade soup and Grilled cheeze sandwiches. I just remembered something funny from yesterdays grocery store trip. At Save A Lot I had just loaded my groceries & started up the truck. I looked out over this vacant lot and saw this guy in his back yard. The best I could tell It was a very large clomp of this decorative grass. All of a sudden this guy sets it on fire, with the wind yesterday it went wild. This guy starts jumping around and looks like he's doing a Wautusi war dance. Lol. Apparently sparks had caught some dried moody grass on fire. He was all excited dancing and stomping and flames from the large fire were lapping at his backside. It was a free show and funny too. LOL.
Hahaha, maybe his dance brought all this mess. haha People do some funny/stupid things when you least expect it.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83597 Jan 25, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be happy to just that. I enjoy reading the posts on this thread; it gives me the warm fuzzies most of the time.:-)
I hope you have a great day as well!
Thank you. It will be a great one indoors. I am not even going to venture to the mailbox today. I will continue to explore that subject as well. Some say they are as a result of earthquakes. Texas had a pretty sizable one today and Tennessee had a small one yesterday. Don't know if they are part of it not.

I have loved this thread for two years due to all the interesting things you can learn about. Not trashy like most. Although it has had it's moments. lol Come back and join us, the more the merrier..or more info I should say.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83599 Jan 25, 2013
Son says twenty Six truckers in a convoy going slow up Hwy 31 since I65 is shut down. Misery loves company.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83600 Jan 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Son says twenty Six truckers in a convoy going slow up Hwy 31 since I65 is shut down. Misery loves company.
I just watched the update news showing from the ground and air the people able to get to the turnarounds to exit ramps with that idea of using 31W to get moving. They said they were lined up from Etown to Cave City in the northbound lanes. What a mess. Hope your son stays safe. As well as all those out in this mess.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83601 Jan 25, 2013
He Was near Munfordville on my last phone call. Truck should track well, his trailer is loaded with 40,000 pounds of rolled steel. In the past 7 days he came from Virginia through here to Ohio then on to North Alabama and taking the steel to somewhere near Indianapolis to deliver on Monday. It was supposed to be delivered today but he won't make that.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83602 Jan 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Is I-65 shut down due to ice, accidents or both?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83603 Jan 25, 2013
I am sure there are a lot of loads not going to make it there today. At least around this area. Looks like it is all heading east now. Bye, bye..haha OJG should be seeing it and Sybil (I think). I would say his truck should roll well with all that weight. He may need it in Indiana.

Wonder where everyone else is...seen the mess and went back to bed if they were smart. I tried, it didn't work. I hope everyone is warm and safe whatever they are doing.

I seen this and thought of you since you like books and Una for the two on poop. haha

20 books with unfortunate and hilarious titles

"Great Expectations." "The Great Gatsby." These are titles forever etched into our minds when it comes to great (pun intended) literature. Then there are a whole lot of other books out there — some with titles that aren't so great. We've rounded up some of these humorous books in the gallery above; it's up to you to decide if the titles are on purpose or accidental.
http://now.msn.com/funny-book-pictures-show-u...

They are funny!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83604 Jan 25, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Both. They said there were 10 semi's involved. They just opened it Northbound and said that traffic was backed up from Elizabethtown to Cave City. At least the truckers had food, drinks, TV etc..even a bed to get some rest while some of them have waited over 6 hours to move. It is a mess out there. Glad I am not out in it.:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83605 Jan 25, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Son says lots of accidents resulting from the ice.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83606 Jan 25, 2013
@AB and UNA.. he is now on the south side of Louisville on 31 and says it is still drizzling but no longer so icy.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83607 Jan 25, 2013
E-Town to Cave City, several miles. My daughter called from Bowling Green at work. She said the only trouble she had was getting down the front door steps. Lol. The ice on the trees and roofs are melting here.
Ditch Mitch

Vine Grove, KY

#83608 Jan 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB and UNA.. he is now on the south side of Louisville on 31 and says it is still drizzling but no longer so icy.
As he gets closer to Louisville it has warmed up and melting. Nothing going on up my way. I hear the drips from the roof and downspout when I open the door. We are almost ice free already.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83609 Jan 25, 2013
That was me AW.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83610 Jan 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Great news, he's safe and moving slowly again. Ky, lol. I listened to the weather station on tv. They are forcasting thunderstorms for Tuesday with heavy rain, wind and severe lightning.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83611 Jan 25, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
That was me AW.
I have been bored this morning and reading some of the posters from here and those that drop in. Quite interesting. The best thing on those sites is Stevie's jokes. hahaha And yes, I do hate Mitch. I think it is time for him to go. Yeah, I know, I don't like to do political. Hhahaha

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83612 Jan 25, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
That was me AW.
If that means ditch McConnell, I agree. LOL.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#83613 Jan 25, 2013
Does anyone know how the roads are in the Lebanon, KY area, that is south/central, KY.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83614 Jan 25, 2013
Man flu is real: Scientist claims men are worse affected than women

Ladies, next time your man complains of seemingly minor flu symptoms, don't roll your eyes and laugh about him with your girlfriends. Instead, try giving him the love and support he's so desperately yearning for. According to prominent UK neuroscientist Dr Amanda Ellison, the "man flu" phenomenon is no joke, and men really are more affected by flu symptoms. Fevers are the body's way off burning off the bug, she says, and men's brains have more temperature receptors than women's. "So men feel rougher when they have a temperature," she said, although she admits there's no hard evidence to prove her theory.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/man-flu-might-be-real-afte...

I agree. hahaha Nothing like a grown man acting like a 3 year old when they have the flu. haha

Oh, and watch out for this up and coming new virus:

Winter vomiting alert: New strain of norovirus on the rise

In addition, the general public ought to be aware that the new bug is out there and take precautions including washing hands with soap and water, disinfecting surfaces, rinsing fruits and vegetables, cooking shellfish thoroughly and not preparing food or caring for others while ill.
CDC officials said it’s too early to tell whether the new strain will lead to more outbreaks or more serious illness, but they’re watching the situation closely.

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/24/16...

I might just stay in until Spring. haha I am sick of being sick, tired of being tired. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83615 Jan 25, 2013
He made it home across the river and won't go out again until Sunday Evening. He said the worst seemed to be Elizabethtown to the Smiths Grove exit where they shut him down last night. So all is well. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr they 131,618
no nickle tax knox BOE 7 hr sick of taxes 2
Mayor Darren west come get political signs 8 hr Catron resident 4
fire station or not 11 hr Citizen 3
HAppy Thanksgiving Everyone! 16 hr gator 2
how can a murderer walk the streets!!!! 23 hr john 16
Phillip Vaughn (Oct '10) Wed Loving 9
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 24 beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts