Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,241 - 70,260 of 81,588 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I try lala. LOL. Oh Lord, those pathetic political sites. Lol. I've been on them a few times but very few, mainly to tell them how dumb they are arguing over politicians, when none of them are worth anything and could care less about them. Those two just can't come here without their false accusations. They are the present poop stirers and try to blame someone else. I really do have a problem with folks that lie. I don't deny that. Lol.
To tell you the truth, I don't give a hoot to whomever is in office. But I do care about world events, especially when they will eventually affect my pocketbook. I also like to keep my rear end safe. Just so you know, the stuff I post is not about Rep. or Dem., or who is the President at the moment. The government has a way of running itself, and sometimes it runs away with itself. I only post things that I have seen on legitimate news stations as well as newspapers with wide circulation, that are not the off-beat type. And, now being on a fixed income, I want to make sure that my tax dollars are used for the right stuff. Hubby and I have retirement funds that grow or shrink according to what is going on in the economy, and naturally, I don't want too much shrinkage. We live a simple life, except for the occasional treat, like finding a good restaurant. But we can't splurge too often, as we are in the same boat as a lot of people are these days.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that info. I have written down all the restaurant names that you and AB have suggested. We would only go once in a while for a treat, and that's why I don't mind expensive. We take the little guy with us, and he has very good restaurant table manners. We use opportunities like this to teach him, and he has learned not to be rude and not to make noise to disturb other diners. He's going to be a ladies'man someday. He loves to flirt with the waitresses and strikes up conversations with any lovely lady he encounters...Not so sure that's a good thing...he's only 8 years old.
Eddie's place has a web site and Harrodsburg is not that far from Lebanon since they reworked 150 to Danville. then 6 miles north on US 127. I don't get over there much anymore since I retired. It is about 20 miles from me. I knew Eddie and John Michael Montgomery's dad from the old days. Sadly, he passed on before those boys became country music stars.

I would not be surprised to find that Hempburn has been there too. Gatewood Galbraith once held a political rally there. hahaha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that info. I have written down all the restaurant names that you and AB have suggested. We would only go once in a while for a treat, and that's why I don't mind expensive. We take the little guy with us, and he has very good restaurant table manners. We use opportunities like this to teach him, and he has learned not to be rude and not to make noise to disturb other diners. He's going to be a ladies'man someday. He loves to flirt with the waitresses and strikes up conversations with any lovely lady he encounters...Not so sure that's a good thing...he's only 8 years old.
You are welcome. If you go to Mike's, skip the Alligator, hahaha I didn't order it, but tasted it. I usually stick with what I know. lol

We did the same thing with our son. Wish more people did. I don't why some people let their kids act up without doing anything or taking them out to the car/bathroom or somewhere they don't disturb people trying to eat with their squalling. lol My son started with the nurses when he was born. I have pictures of him and every nurse from each shift before we left the hospital. Some of them are so adorable with him as little as he was looking all adoring and in awe of who was holding him. We left with more "freebies" than any mother on the floor. lol He then went on with it like your little one. Just working the waitresses etc..and he still does at 26. He is too funny. His friends call him a chick magnet. Luckily, he listened to what he was being taught and treats them with great respect, polite, helpful, etc..(parents love him) and does not have any baby mommas out there. I remember when he was in middle school and I bought him a box of condoms, told him if he got active like everyone was starting to I wanted him to stay protected, although I didn't condone early experiences I wanted him to be prepared. Told him I would restock when he needed them. Later on that evening I had went up to ask him and his friend if he wanted dinner and everyone of those condoms had been blown up and were all over the room like balloons. I laughed my butt off. Then I told him him when he was ready for girls let me or his father know and we would make sure he had what he needed to keep him free of disease or early fatherhood. I still laugh as I write this remembering that day. Of course, he didn't care how expensive that big box was. lol He was an adorable baby/child with those big blue eyes and dimples. He is still a handsome young man and child free. Too many unwanted children out there and kids being tied for life having them too early. He is in no hurry and neither am I.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't heard about those lala, I will have to check into them. Those would be great to keep in the vehicle to use for tootie and hand wipes. It's ok lala. It's my minature FAART mind control center. I have it focused on the bird thread, to make people think Fart. LOL. Hopefully that ungodly Beano will be banned. Abortion of unborn farts, the very idea. Farts have rights too. Some of them are born with real body. If you don't believe me, just ask that kid in the restroom or your hubby. LOL.
Theodore, you are VERY clever. You can roughly assess (not asses, Una)intellect by a person's use of language. So I know that you are no dummy. And you forget NOTHING!!!!! Now, you can use that intellect for the good, or for the not so good. I hope that you choose the former.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Cold. Just hanging out today. Off from work, and watching Tv. It's nice to have a day with nothing to do for once.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oops, been on here too long. Got a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I have to finish a few chores and take a shower before I go. So, I will return sometime this evening. Bye to all. Have enjoyed conversing with ALL of you. Theodore, please take the pressure off W KY Girl. She is a decent person, I believe. Give her a break, huh? Talk to you later. Bye from Uglylala

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am terrified on ice. I usually don't get caught out in it, but when I do I am slow as hell and white knuckled all the way home. People are idiots in snow and ice. I am more scared of them than what's on the road. hahaha
I bet you are right about the little one and hope Grandpa didn't get locked up protecting his own. I do miss him though. Even when he was slandering me he would put a sweet comment in there and he always made me laugh. I hope he is okay. He was funny playing the Gingerbread Man. Zap, Zap, and Zap in a New York minute. lol He sure kept them busy.
You are right AB, it's others on the road that drive absolutely to fast for the road condition. I know about the white knuckles, the first time I flew in an airplane. I bet my finger prints are still imbeded into the seat arms. Lol. The best thing to do when caught driving in ice is to keep it fairly slow. If you have to stop use the brake like stepping on egg shells, ever so gently. It helps when you stop in a automatic transmission vehicle to shift into neutral a little way before the stop. This keeps the transmission from pulling forward and allows the car to be stopped with less brake pressure. The same thing is acheived when you push in the clutch pedal in a standard transmission car. Just simple things like that will help you get home :) Wasn't anything I could about the airplane but ride it out. Lol. Yep, imposter was faster than a one legged man at a butt k-i-c-k-i-n-g contest. AB thats the word Topix flags. Lol. I suppose to many people were using it as a threatning word.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Oops, been on here too long. Got a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I have to finish a few chores and take a shower before I go. So, I will return sometime this evening. Bye to all. Have enjoyed conversing with ALL of you. Theodore, please take the pressure off W KY Girl. She is a decent person, I believe. Give her a break, huh? Talk to you later. Bye from Uglylala
Lol. Bye lala. Hurry back.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Theodore, you are VERY clever. You can roughly assess (not asses, Una)intellect by a person's use of language. So I know that you are no dummy. And you forget NOTHING!!!!! Now, you can use that intellect for the good, or for the not so good. I hope that you choose the former.
I'll try harder, Uglylala. Don't tell lala but I had my fingers crossed behind my back. You folks know how I hate lying. Hehehe.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right AB, it's others on the road that drive absolutely to fast for the road condition. I know about the white knuckles, the first time I flew in an airplane. I bet my finger prints are still imbeded into the seat arms. Lol. The best thing to do when caught driving in ice is to keep it fairly slow. If you have to stop use the brake like stepping on egg shells, ever so gently. It helps when you stop in a automatic transmission vehicle to shift into neutral a little way before the stop. This keeps the transmission from pulling forward and allows the car to be stopped with less brake pressure. The same thing is acheived when you push in the clutch pedal in a standard transmission car. Just simple things like that will help you get home :) Wasn't anything I could about the airplane but ride it out. Lol. Yep, imposter was faster than a one legged man at a butt k-i-c-k-i-n-g contest. AB thats the word Topix flags. Lol. I suppose to many people were using it as a threatning word.
You are right on the driving skills. Our Dad took us out when we were learning to drive the first time it glazed over to the school parking lot and practiced stopping and reacting. No cars around and it was scary then. Decades later, I remember what he taught us, but still come home white knucked and stressed to the max everytime.

lol on Grandpa. You are right.
W KY Girl

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Does anyone know of a good reputable coin dealer (numismatist) in the western half of KY or in Southern IL, Southeast MO or West TN? What about in Louisville? I've got to go there shortly.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Good afternoon everyone! I've been busy and already made my own trek to the grocery, etc. So I sat down for a hot cup of coffee before I get my tail end up moving around again.
(I was about OUT of coffee, perish the thought)!!

Good so see everyone here. God gave us all another day!! Pretty outside too, if you can bundle up to fend off that icy cold wind. It rips through your clothes if your not buttoned up from head to toe..

I've got a few things to do inside here so I can play the rest of the day away! Pondering on making some homemade veggie soup and corn bread.

Also got a bag of potting soil out of the shed yesterday afternoon to start some 'mater plants and such inside.
(That's going to be my play time).

I purchased some heirloom seeds online a month ago and can hardly wait to see the results! I'm blessed with a nice sunny window here that's out of the way and has a heat vent nearby. The warmth keeps the soil heated a tiny bit and speeds up the germination process. Throughout the winter, I save up the small yogurt containers and such to make small planters out of. They work great, plus it's easy to poke holes in the bottoms for drainage.

Yeah baby!! Getting sproutlings started up for spring planting!! There's light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Later!
_-_Nopie_-_
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I am out of here to get some things done and make a few phone calls. I hope you all stay warm and I will chat with you later.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Safe travels, Lala. Have fun!!!
concerned

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

The roaring started again today but not as loud. There is no fracking in Bullitt co where I live as far as I know.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I don't need to go to the store that is 12 miles away. Just for that reason and sometimes shortages on funds near the end of my pay period, I keep alternatives to bread and milk. I always have 4 cans of Carnation evaporated milk and 2 packages of Mary B's frozen biscuits and Jiffy corn bread mix that I mix with regular corn meal and flour. The Jiffy is too sweet by itself. I also have 2 boxes of crackers at all times.

I have enough TP and Tucks to last until spring. lol If I run out of Cokes, I can always make tea or coffee. I have at least 50 tea bags and always have a backup can of coffee. Let it come, I don't care as long as Dog and I can stay reasonably warm.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

@UNA.. I manage the toosh with Tucks in individually wrapped packages. I have some in my tackle box, some in the glove box in the truck, some in the bathroom closet and since there is no money in the wallet, I have 2 packages in there. I used to use the paper towels in the public rooms like you do, but so many places have gone to those blow dryers and even being tall it is still difficult to hold the toosh up next to the dryer. hehehe Somewhat em-bare-assing too when some guy is wanting to dry his hands. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

LOL. This thread is always a cornucopia of useful information

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Cold. Just hanging out today. Off from work, and watching Tv. It's nice to have a day with nothing to do for once.
I'm off today too-- watching Delta Force. Chuck Norris makes the day better
Hello

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Hi

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Khatru 130,200
Debate: Ferguson - Barbourville, KY 17 min Brain dead 6
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min Jay 149,718
puppet masters of knox co. who are they? 29 min Brain dead 8
Ronald Stevenson 57 min stephanie 24
Sheriff deputies 1 hr married women 15
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,226
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Knox County was issued at August 20 at 3:03PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••