Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,704

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83502 Jan 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Oops, been on here too long. Got a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I have to finish a few chores and take a shower before I go. So, I will return sometime this evening. Bye to all. Have enjoyed conversing with ALL of you. Theodore, please take the pressure off W KY Girl. She is a decent person, I believe. Give her a break, huh? Talk to you later. Bye from Uglylala
Lol. Bye lala. Hurry back.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83503 Jan 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Theodore, you are VERY clever. You can roughly assess (not asses, Una)intellect by a person's use of language. So I know that you are no dummy. And you forget NOTHING!!!!! Now, you can use that intellect for the good, or for the not so good. I hope that you choose the former.
I'll try harder, Uglylala. Don't tell lala but I had my fingers crossed behind my back. You folks know how I hate lying. Hehehe.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83505 Jan 24, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right AB, it's others on the road that drive absolutely to fast for the road condition. I know about the white knuckles, the first time I flew in an airplane. I bet my finger prints are still imbeded into the seat arms. Lol. The best thing to do when caught driving in ice is to keep it fairly slow. If you have to stop use the brake like stepping on egg shells, ever so gently. It helps when you stop in a automatic transmission vehicle to shift into neutral a little way before the stop. This keeps the transmission from pulling forward and allows the car to be stopped with less brake pressure. The same thing is acheived when you push in the clutch pedal in a standard transmission car. Just simple things like that will help you get home :) Wasn't anything I could about the airplane but ride it out. Lol. Yep, imposter was faster than a one legged man at a butt k-i-c-k-i-n-g contest. AB thats the word Topix flags. Lol. I suppose to many people were using it as a threatning word.
You are right on the driving skills. Our Dad took us out when we were learning to drive the first time it glazed over to the school parking lot and practiced stopping and reacting. No cars around and it was scary then. Decades later, I remember what he taught us, but still come home white knucked and stressed to the max everytime.

lol on Grandpa. You are right.
W KY Girl

Aurora, IL

#83506 Jan 24, 2013
Does anyone know of a good reputable coin dealer (numismatist) in the western half of KY or in Southern IL, Southeast MO or West TN? What about in Louisville? I've got to go there shortly.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#83507 Jan 24, 2013
Good afternoon everyone! I've been busy and already made my own trek to the grocery, etc. So I sat down for a hot cup of coffee before I get my tail end up moving around again.
(I was about OUT of coffee, perish the thought)!!

Good so see everyone here. God gave us all another day!! Pretty outside too, if you can bundle up to fend off that icy cold wind. It rips through your clothes if your not buttoned up from head to toe..

I've got a few things to do inside here so I can play the rest of the day away! Pondering on making some homemade veggie soup and corn bread.

Also got a bag of potting soil out of the shed yesterday afternoon to start some 'mater plants and such inside.
(That's going to be my play time).

I purchased some heirloom seeds online a month ago and can hardly wait to see the results! I'm blessed with a nice sunny window here that's out of the way and has a heat vent nearby. The warmth keeps the soil heated a tiny bit and speeds up the germination process. Throughout the winter, I save up the small yogurt containers and such to make small planters out of. They work great, plus it's easy to poke holes in the bottoms for drainage.

Yeah baby!! Getting sproutlings started up for spring planting!! There's light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Later!
_-_Nopie_-_
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83508 Jan 24, 2013
I am out of here to get some things done and make a few phone calls. I hope you all stay warm and I will chat with you later.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#83509 Jan 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Oops, been on here too long. Got a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I have to finish a few chores and take a shower before I go. So, I will return sometime this evening. Bye to all. Have enjoyed conversing with ALL of you. Theodore, please take the pressure off W KY Girl. She is a decent person, I believe. Give her a break, huh? Talk to you later. Bye from Uglylala
Safe travels, Lala. Have fun!!!
concerned

Shepherdsville, KY

#83510 Jan 24, 2013
The roaring started again today but not as loud. There is no fracking in Bullitt co where I live as far as I know.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83511 Jan 24, 2013
I don't need to go to the store that is 12 miles away. Just for that reason and sometimes shortages on funds near the end of my pay period, I keep alternatives to bread and milk. I always have 4 cans of Carnation evaporated milk and 2 packages of Mary B's frozen biscuits and Jiffy corn bread mix that I mix with regular corn meal and flour. The Jiffy is too sweet by itself. I also have 2 boxes of crackers at all times.

I have enough TP and Tucks to last until spring. lol If I run out of Cokes, I can always make tea or coffee. I have at least 50 tea bags and always have a backup can of coffee. Let it come, I don't care as long as Dog and I can stay reasonably warm.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83512 Jan 24, 2013
@UNA.. I manage the toosh with Tucks in individually wrapped packages. I have some in my tackle box, some in the glove box in the truck, some in the bathroom closet and since there is no money in the wallet, I have 2 packages in there. I used to use the paper towels in the public rooms like you do, but so many places have gone to those blow dryers and even being tall it is still difficult to hold the toosh up next to the dryer. hehehe Somewhat em-bare-assing too when some guy is wanting to dry his hands. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#83513 Jan 24, 2013
LOL. This thread is always a cornucopia of useful information

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#83514 Jan 24, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Cold. Just hanging out today. Off from work, and watching Tv. It's nice to have a day with nothing to do for once.
I'm off today too-- watching Delta Force. Chuck Norris makes the day better
Hello

Lexington, KY

#83516 Jan 24, 2013
Hi
W KY Girl

Aurora, IL

#83517 Jan 24, 2013
Speaking of wiping the tush... in a lot of countries toilet paper (or any butt wiping paper) does not exist. The tush is wiped with the left hand. So in everyday life things must be done with the right hand - eating, shaking hands, etc. To attempt to use the right hand for those things is a BIG NO-NO! Something to think on... the US Government is bringing in immigrants from many of those countries where toilet paper doesn't exist or isn't used. You would think that when those folks reach the land of milk and honey and toilet paper they would use it, right? Not so much, seems as though old habits die hard. Guess where MANY of those immigrants work? Food processing plants. Yum! KFC just might have a new spice! LOL ...And we thought people were so gross for not washing their hands after using the restroom. lol

Sorry if I have ruined your next meal. lol
W KY Girl

Aurora, IL

#83518 Jan 24, 2013
Hello wrote:
Hi
Hi Hello!:)
W KY Girl

Aurora, IL

#83519 Jan 24, 2013
concerned wrote:
The roaring started again today but not as loud. There is no fracking in Bullitt co where I live as far as I know.
Hi concerned. That is freaky. I wonder what it is.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83520 Jan 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@UNA.. I manage the toosh with Tucks in individually wrapped packages. I have some in my tackle box, some in the glove box in the truck, some in the bathroom closet and since there is no money in the wallet, I have 2 packages in there. I used to use the paper towels in the public rooms like you do, but so many places have gone to those blow dryers and even being tall it is still difficult to hold the toosh up next to the dryer. hehehe Somewhat em-bare-assing too when some guy is wanting to dry his hands. LOL
AW, your toosh really gets respected. LOL. Tucks pads are a little bit on the expensive side. I just settle for a two dollar pint of witch hazel and cotton ball application. Lol. I hate those blow dryers, they are almost worthless, besides it's really hard trying to stand on my head to dry my tootie. I just usually just shake the water off my hands and swipe them across my britches legs, if paper towels aren't available. I just leave my toosh wet. Shaking ones toosh in a public rest room is kind of risky, if one isn't into that kind of stuff. LOL. Fartman don't play that game. Ahahahah. Not even the corn bag toss board game with the same name. This old boy ain't taking any chances.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83521 Jan 24, 2013
concerned wrote:
That's nice. More folks should model themselves after Bullitt County folks. There is way to much fracking going on.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83522 Jan 24, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
AW, your toosh really gets respected. LOL. Tucks pads are a little bit on the expensive side. I just settle for a two dollar pint of witch hazel and cotton ball application. Lol. I hate those blow dryers, they are almost worthless, besides it's really hard trying to stand on my head to dry my tootie. I just usually just shake the water off my hands and swipe them across my britches legs, if paper towels aren't available. I just leave my toosh wet. Shaking ones toosh in a public rest room is kind of risky, if one isn't into that kind of stuff. LOL. Fartman don't play that game. Ahahahah. Not even the corn bag toss board game with the same name. This old boy ain't taking any chances.
No No, I don't do the corn bag toss game either LOL If I was going with a game, I would have to play Solitaire but my cards are too worn out for that and the Queen of Hearts is missing and sort of ruins the game of poker. LOL

The Tucks are just for portability which is why they are in the truck, tackle box, and wallet. Your method is for in home use. Witch Hazel and cotton balls don't fit well in my pocket and might be considered as an over statement of reality. LOL
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#83523 Jan 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the good places to eat in Lex. or Louisville. Hubby and I are sick of the poor restaurants in Lebanon. It would be worth a trip to the big city to get good food. What do you recommend?
One of my favorites is the Pub. It's an authentic british pub massive hand made bar shipped from the mother country. It serves british foods like fish and chip, bangers and mash, shepards pie and the best deserts not to mention 52 beers on tap. Johnny Carino's is good itilian foods,, the skilletini is a mix of flavors I've tried to duplicate but not quite made it, yet. Good food and drink. Of course all the chains like applebees, lobster, tgif's and cheddars. I also like the mongolian grill and bonefish grill once in a while. Hit the Pub, can't go wrong there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min ChromiuMan 131,470
Brett Ledford 1 hr Niki 3
'Harlan's Got Talent' coming next year 1 hr Really 2
No more old way cafe!!! 2 hr whatever 18
dell laptop 3 hr travis 1
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 6 hr former jailmate 88
eastern ky propane 6 hr lmao 1
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 16 appleannie46 47
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:22 pm PST

Bleacher Report11:22PM
Titans' Week 12 Preview vs. Eagles