Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,512)

Showing posts 70,221 - 70,240 of81,217
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Great BIRD story:

Rescuers free bald eagle stuck upside down in 70-foot tree
A bald eagle that had gotten tangled in fishing line and ended up hanging upside down in a tree was successfully rescued after first responders managed to set it free. Bob Bodemann of Naples, Fla., first saw the bird on his lawn but later noticed it stuck in a tree with the line wrapped around its leg. Firefighters scaled the 70-foot tree and spent nearly 45 minutes trying to free the bird as it flapped its wings and tried to swing out of reach. The bird was able to fly off on its own, but firefighters removed nearly 150 feet of fishing line. Residents are still on the lookout for the bird in case it runs into trouble again.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/bald-eagle-stuck-in-fishin...
W KY Girl

Hinsdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Hi folks. What do you think of this?? The United States is sending, as a gift to Egypt, four F16 fighter jets and two hundred Abrams tanks!!! This is our best, first line technology. This is sent to a country who hates us, whose president belongs to the Muslim Brotherhood... and who openly stated that Israeli Jews are descended from pigs and apes, and who called OUR president a liar. The only country that these weapons of war would be used against is Israel...our only true ally in the region. WTF????Sorry for the expletive, but this is being done when our deficit is approaching 17 trillion dollars, and we are borrowing money from China to meet our country's obligations. This country is going to hell in a handbasket. What kind of insanity is this?
Good lord! It is so obvious that this administration is dead set against Israel, no matter what they say! I agree with your expletive!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Something for everyone.

Cinnamon and Honey

Drug companies won't like this one getting around.

Facts on Honey and Cinnamon:
It is found that a mix of honey and Cinnamon cures most diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Scientists of today also note honey as very effective medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without side effects which is also a plus.Today's science says that even though honey is sweet, when it is taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm even diabetic patients. Researched by western scientists:

HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, put it on toast instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol and could potentially save one from heart attack. Also, even if you have already had an attack studies show you could be kept miles away from the next attack. Regular use of cinnamon honey strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as one ages the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and the veins.

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients can benefit by taking one cup of hot water with two tablespoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. When taken daily even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week (out of the 200 people so treated) practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain -- and within a month, most all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis now started walking without pain.

BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder....who knew?

CHOLESTEROL: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water given to a cholesterol patient was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, when taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterol-could be cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.

COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and, clear the sinuses, and it's delicious too!

UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also is said to clear stomach ulcers from its root.

GAS: According to the studies done in India and Japan, it is revealed that when Honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.

IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of Honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles (where DNA is contained) to fight bacterial and viral diseases.

INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food is eaten relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals

INFLUENZA: A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural 'Ingredient' which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.

Continued:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Continued:

LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Use four teaspoons of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and three cups of boiling water to make a tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. Life spans increase and even a 100 year old will start performing the chores of a 20-year-old.

RASPY OR SORE THROAT: When throat has a tickle or is raspy, take one tablespoon of honey and sip until gone. Repeat every three hours until throat is without symptoms.

PIMPLES: Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it off the next morning with warm water. When done daily for two weeks, it removes all pimples from the root.

SKIN INFECTIONS:Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin Infections.

WEIGHT LOSS:Daily in the morning one half hour beforebreakfast and on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. When taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.

CANCER: Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder three times a day for one month.

FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, even when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, when taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M., the vitality of the body increases within a week.

BAD BREATH: People of South America, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water first thing in the morning so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.

HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts restores hearing.

Remember when we were kids? We had toast with real butter and cinnamon sprinkled on it!

Teddy, get out the cinnamon and honey. lol
W KY Girl

Hinsdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Teddy Farterman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have enough sense to check IP location, you can see it wasn't me. If I didn't have a life of my own I would be dead. Ignorance must be bliss for you. I can assure you, no one is fixated on you or your fake preachers. Una Teddy Farterman.
News flash! I don't even give half a damn about IP addresses or the 3rd grade drama on this thread. While it may be you and your compadres' life source, as someone use to tell you pretty much daily, I have a life so whatever! lol Yeah right, I believe you think about me every waking hour and probably dream about me! I have a man, please get it through your head that I don't want you! You may as well stop pulling my hair! LOL
W KY Girl

Hinsdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning to you. Don't worry about anything. They are not important in the greater scheme of things. My philosophy is to treat EVERYONE as I wish to be treated. Oh, I know that I have fallen off the wagon from time to time, but not very often. There are more important things in the world to consider and "being picky" is not one of them.
You are so right. Like you, I have a whole lot more in life to take care of than to worry about childish drama. Some people don't and they are bored so...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Teddy Farterman wrote:
Good morning Uglylala. It's me Una Farter. Dang, I've been up since 4:54 AM. Woke up hungerier than one of Humpaburns bears. Lol.
Good morning to you. I wake up early sometimes, and can't get back to sleep. Makes you feel like a piece of poop.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the good places to eat in Lex. or Louisville. Hubby and I are sick of the poor restaurants in Lebanon. It would be worth a trip to the big city to get good food. What do you recommend?
I am not Hemp and too poor to go to any of my sugestions anymore, but for Louisville I suggest the KingFish off either Blankenburger or Hurstbourne. It used to be at 6th and RiverRoad along the River Walk, Great Seafood. There is a nice Japanese restaurant on Hurstborne where the meal is prepared right in front of you with the chef throwing knives and such into the air.Table is sitting around 3 sides of the grill and you sit with either your large party or with strangers and sip little drinks with paper umbrellas. LOL

My son says there is a nice restaurant on a tugboat on the Indiana side of the river. Supposed to be a really nice place in downtown Springfield too. I have never been to either.

Lexington.. Mississipi River company is good if it is still open. It is off Richmond road. Also O'neals Irish Pub is good on the same road. It has a real bar imported from Ireland. For good pub food, I suggest the "Grapevine" in Tates Creek Center. It is owned (or once was) by Troy Lee Gentry's (Montgomery-Gentry country duo) dad. Closer to Lebanon is in Harrodsburg Eddie Montgomery's steak house. Most Excellent and has entertainment sometimes Eddie Montgomery of that duo appears. You might check the web sites.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Good morning bird threaders. Cold enough for you?
Teddy, from Elizabethtown. I don't know how you all spin your locations, it is confusing until a couple comments are posted (or like you identify themselves) to tell who it is. Mine, like Ancient Wolf's only spins when internet provider spins it. It has never hit my actual hometown yet. But when it does spin, it is usually close in the vacinity.
I hope everyone is stocked up on food and water. Looks like we might be in for some of that weather everyone else is getting tomorrow. At least up in my area. I hope not.
Good morning AB. LOL, you are right AB it depends which tower your IP signal is hitting, sometimes mine switches to Campbelsville. LOL. Elizabethtown is about the same distance from here as it is to Nashville Tn. About 65 miles or so.

Apparently they are expecting some bad weather here. They were spraying that deicer solution on the roads yesterday. I hope not too. Lol. Let's see the items everyone "must" have before winter weather, if they use them or not. Bread, milk, I'm not sure what else. LOL. I'm about out of diet cokes, pray for me that I don't get trampled in the grocery store rush. Hehehehe.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

and don't forget the toilet tissue or stock up on corn cobs LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good lord! It is so obvious that this administration is dead set against Israel, no matter what they say! I agree with your expletive!
It's not just that, but can you imagine the money one of those jets costs? We just need to get our priorities straight. We send billions of borrowed dollars every year to countries that do not have our best interests at heart. I understand that it's essentially "protection money," but countries like Egypt and Pakistan are not our friends, no matter how much money we give them annually. Originally, the foreign aid was meant to be a wedge; for example, if they did not comply with certain reasonable rules, we could threaten to withdraw foreign aid to them. That used to work when there were more moderate leaders in those areas. It doesn't work now because the leaders in those countries are now extremists. We promised the former President Mubarek those jets, as a token of goodwill. Well, Mubarek was overthrown and replaced by President Morsi, who is 'in bed' with the extremists. We really should revoke that "gift." ....But government red tape continues and as of now, that gift still stands.

People should be aware of this stuff because it will affect us all. If unsavory governments get hold of our high tech stuff, they will be emboldened to implement their agenda, and it is not a good one. One spark in the Middle East can have devastating consequences in our country. It could draw us into another war, which we do not need. Gas prices, food prices will be affected.

In the past, what happened on the other side of the world did not affect us as it does today. We have a global economy, and wars have an effect on that. Gas goes up, transportation costs for goods go up, then food prices, clothing prices, etc. go up as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Hemp and too poor to go to any of my sugestions anymore, but for Louisville I suggest the KingFish off either Blankenburger or Hurstbourne. It used to be at 6th and RiverRoad along the River Walk, Great Seafood. There is a nice Japanese restaurant on Hurstborne where the meal is prepared right in front of you with the chef throwing knives and such into the air.Table is sitting around 3 sides of the grill and you sit with either your large party or with strangers and sip little drinks with paper umbrellas. LOL
My son says there is a nice restaurant on a tugboat on the Indiana side of the river. Supposed to be a really nice place in downtown Springfield too. I have never been to either.
Lexington.. Mississipi River company is good if it is still open. It is off Richmond road. Also O'neals Irish Pub is good on the same road. It has a real bar imported from Ireland. For good pub food, I suggest the "Grapevine" in Tates Creek Center. It is owned (or once was) by Troy Lee Gentry's (Montgomery-Gentry country duo) dad. Closer to Lebanon is in Harrodsburg Eddie Montgomery's steak house. Most Excellent and has entertainment sometimes Eddie Montgomery of that duo appears. You might check the web sites.
Thank you so very much. We love seafood. That's the only thing that I miss from New England, living fairly close to the Atlantic Ocean. I guess I miss long walks along the beaches, which are pretty much deserted in the early fall and early spring. The rest of the stuff...they can keep it up there! New Englanders, by nature, are very, very reserved. They don't strike up conversation with strangers, and are suspicious of people's motives, because they almost always have a secret agenda of their own, etc. Can you guess why I didn't fit in well up there, even though I was born and raised there?? Perhaps I was reincarnated and was a Southerner in a previous life.LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning AB. LOL, you are right AB it depends which tower your IP signal is hitting, sometimes mine switches to Campbelsville. LOL. Elizabethtown is about the same distance from here as it is to Nashville Tn. About 65 miles or so.
Apparently they are expecting some bad weather here. They were spraying that deicer solution on the roads yesterday. I hope not too. Lol. Let's see the items everyone "must" have before winter weather, if they use them or not. Bread, milk, I'm not sure what else. LOL. I'm about out of diet cokes, pray for me that I don't get trampled in the grocery store rush. Hehehehe.
Hi Teddy. If you go before school and work let out you shouldn't get trampled. Everyone will be stopping and picking up items I am sure before going home. Unless they are fully stocked. Of course, you always need milk, bread, diet cokes haha, and as AW suggested toilet paper. I am not going anywhere. I have already stocked up a few days ago just in case. That pile up in Cincy with all that ice and snow was just too close for comfort across the river. Much like Indiana. Luckily the Ohio River must swing it all up to them which is fine by me. lol

Wonder where our Grandpa Imposter has been? Do you think he is banned or just busy with the grandbaby?

Stay warm and have a great day.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't need those items AW. I wash my tootie with soap and water after the fact. LOL. Those items just smear doodie. LOL.

I hate to have to go in public restrooms. I don't care what people think, as I first stop at the paper towels and soap dispenser and go to the stall with water & soap bubbles dripping from the folded paper towels. Hehehe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Good late morning, AB. Sorry that I missed you earlier. Looks like we are playing "internet tag." LOL. Are you still working at your new job, or did you decide to retire. Wish I could still work. I had a job that paid very good money and I loved what I did. Getting sick is for the birds. Hubby and I have enough to live on reasonably well, but I miss getting out to be with people, day to day. I have recovered from the spring/summer ordeal, but the underlying autoimmune problem will not go away, and at this time, there is no cure. So, I live for the day, appreciate friends, enjoy chatting with all of you on the thread, and try to keep busy in the house or with the little guy. I miss OJG, and wish she would come back to the thread. I think that she will once she is settled.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

@Lala.. I think you would really like Eddie Montgomery's Steak House in Harrodsburg on the US 127 bypass. It is out by itself on "Lucky Man" (one of his songs) Way. The entire place is done up in white cedar. They serve much more than a normal steak house. A little pricy but excellent food.

Eddie is a big UK CATS fan and there are multiple big screens with one at least 12 foot square on the stage so on basketball nights it is good to come early and stay late. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
OUCH!!!!!!!~
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so very much. We love seafood. That's the only thing that I miss from New England, living fairly close to the Atlantic Ocean. I guess I miss long walks along the beaches, which are pretty much deserted in the early fall and early spring. The rest of the stuff...they can keep it up there! New Englanders, by nature, are very, very reserved. They don't strike up conversation with strangers, and are suspicious of people's motives, because they almost always have a secret agenda of their own, etc. Can you guess why I didn't fit in well up there, even though I was born and raised there?? Perhaps I was reincarnated and was a Southerner in a previous life.LOL
Here is the best Seafood Restaurant in all of Louisville. If you are coming 31W it is easier to get to than I65. I love this place and have most of my life. In the summer it is awesome and it is right on the River. They have the best fish, frog legs and homemade onion rings to die for. lol You would not be disappointed in anything you order. Here is link to it:

Mike Linnigs Restaurant, Famous Seafood Since 1925! Located in Louisville, Kentucky
http://mikelinnigsrestaurant.com/

I have eaten at Joe's Crab Shack on River Road and the Hungry Pelican on Bardstown Road, but nothing compares to Mike Linnigs. I usually eat at Mark's Feed Store or Outback when I go. Seafood, I prefer Mike's. Email me when you are coming and maybe I could meet you guys. That would be wonderful.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Teddy. If you go before school and work let out you shouldn't get trampled. Everyone will be stopping and picking up items I am sure before going home. Unless they are fully stocked. Of course, you always need milk, bread, diet cokes haha, and as AW suggested toilet paper. I am not going anywhere. I have already stocked up a few days ago just in case. That pile up in Cincy with all that ice and snow was just too close for comfort across the river. Much like Indiana. Luckily the Ohio River must swing it all up to them which is fine by me. lol
Wonder where our Grandpa Imposter has been? Do you think he is banned or just busy with the grandbaby?
Stay warm and have a great day.
That is reassuring AB, I might get the task over with soon. That pile up in Ohio was terrible. I can deal with driving on thick ice and snow, but that black ice is something else, not much control over a vehicle in that stuff.

I don't think imposter was banned, they couldn't catch him long enough. Lol. It doesn't take much for a two year old to win your heart. I just bet he's got a lot on his plate. Hopefully he didn't get to close with his shotgun putting dope heads after his neice, on the run and wound up in jail. Lol. I wish he would come back. He could come up with some funny stuff. I think he's just a good ol' country boy. I would about lose it when he would come off with the can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man stuff. Lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need those items AW. I wash my tootie with soap and water after the fact. LOL. Those items just smear doodie. LOL.
I hate to have to go in public restrooms. I don't care what people think, as I first stop at the paper towels and soap dispenser and go to the stall with water & soap bubbles dripping from the folded paper towels. Hehehe.
Hey, Una, have you heard about the "freshy-fresh?" Those are those moist flushable wipes. First the toilet paper, then the freshy-fresh wipes. You can go to the wipes directly if the pooty is not too soiled to begin with. I never thought that I would be discussing toileting habits on the internet. LOL Leave it to you, Theodore. You are a bad influence on me. LOLOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,221 - 70,240 of81,217
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Khatru 122,885
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min Jay 138,789
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr Yep 16,031
lamon jones 1 hr cat 28
Citys easter Egg hunt what a Joke !!!!!! 1 hr Big rig 71 2
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SLY WEST 3,440
Troy Marcey 2 hr Yup 2
Corey vs. Collins 3 hr Freeze 60
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters