Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,648

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83401 Jan 23, 2013
If I had a choice, I would go back to when:

a woman could hold a child on her lap and read them a story and not depend on the tv or a video game to keep them occupied. Tuck them in at night after having taught them to say their prayers. Not be afraid that a sink of dish water would ruin their multi-colored nails. Would actually take the child to Sunday School instead of just sending them. Know how to cook a meal without a microwave. Not think that doing the dishes involved turning on a machine to clean 3 days worth of hidden dirty dishes. Did not spend the household budget on a chunk of metal to stick in the eyebrow or tongue. Knew how to manage the household budget such that there was always a little left for family pleasures. Those are just a few things to name a few.

Men would come home after a full days work and help with the same thing and not sit in the Archie Bunker chair and say "Edith, bring me a beer".

I had such a mother and such a wife as I just described, so yes I miss both of them very much.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#83402 Jan 23, 2013
I hope everyone is having a blessed day out there. Always a joy to read the conversations on this thread.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83405 Jan 23, 2013
I suppose the person that gave me the flames and the mad face never had a family that shared life and living. Poor pitiful soul.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83409 Jan 23, 2013
I don't normally click the icons, but thought it appropriate to change a few of Ugly Truths.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#83410 Jan 23, 2013
I tried to change yours on the "If I had a choice", but it only posted a star..

Sorry, I tried..

#83411 Jan 23, 2013
There. Now Ugly Truths is fixed.
:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83412 Jan 23, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I tried to change yours on the "If I had a choice", but it only posted a star..
Sorry, I tried..
It is okay. Negative judge marks mean nothing really, I was simply commenting on how sad some people's lives must be if they do not have a sharing and loving family such as I have had from grandparents, parents, and within my own family. I have been blessed and sorry their's is so full of bitterness.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#83413 Jan 23, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you slept well?
I slept about 2 hours last night.((Which is good for me)) I dreamed about butterflies. It was really nice.
How's your sleeping??

Location hidden

#83414 Jan 23, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
There. Now Ugly Truths is fixed.
High Nope :) I usually post from a smart phone and cannot see the judging. Did someone give me a thumbs down?? I agree with the Ancient Wolf, its a very sad day when someone goes thru rating genuine comments as poor. People are so negative these days.

#83415 Jan 23, 2013
I hope you BOTH have been sleeping better, Roaming and Lala.

Mine hits sometimes from just not having to keep a schedule any more. Well, other than the schedules that my critters need anyway..

#83416 Jan 23, 2013
UglyTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
High Nope :) I usually post from a smart phone and cannot see the judging. Did someone give me a thumbs down?? I agree with the Ancient Wolf, its a very sad day when someone goes thru rating genuine comments as poor. People are so negative these days.
Well, yeah. Someone thought your nice comment was ridiculous I guess.

It's pretty transparent who's doing it. And yet they play these games and want to pawn it off to look like another one is doing it...

It's a shame you have to put up with stalkers on here.

I can't say anything at all without getting some smart remark or being harassed over it by the resident grade school bully on this thread.

#83417 Jan 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It is okay. Negative judge marks mean nothing really, I was simply commenting on how sad some people's lives must be if they do not have a sharing and loving family such as I have had from grandparents, parents, and within my own family. I have been blessed and sorry their's is so full of bitterness.
Aw, please don't tell me that you don't know who it is by now...
:/

"It's so easy to figure out, even a cave man could do it", ROFLMBO!!

#83418 Jan 23, 2013
Be back in a bit. I'm craving some hot tea.
(Hoping I can find a lemon rolling around somewhere in the back of veggie bin of the fridge. Crossing figners.%)...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83419 Jan 23, 2013
This sleep talk has me yawning and since I don't have schedules anymore either, I will hold out as long as I can. Dog has already gone to the bedroom. I guess he does not have any schedule either. LOL

Location hidden

#83420 Jan 23, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yeah. Someone thought your nice comment was ridiculous I guess.
It's pretty transparent who's doing it. And yet they play these games and want to pawn it off to look like another one is doing it...
It's a shame you have to put up with stalkers on here.
I can't say anything at all without getting some smart remark or being harassed over it by the resident grade school bully on this thread.
Thank You for doing so. Yes, it's a shame when people will not let a good thing be. Jealousy tends to run rampant on these threads, but this is one of the more enjoyable threads to read in my opinion. Everyone is nice and respectful.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83421 Jan 23, 2013
Good evening. I helped too. Went back and added. Now, who could that be..haha Probably one of those who stops in long enough to demand we stop and move on. Speaking of nuts.....I seen this in the news and thought...creepy, not sure I will see Charlie Brown in the same way again. A stalker, he should be ashamed.

Voice actor for Charlie Brown arrested in Calif.

Peter Robbins was arrested at the US-Mexico border after a background check revealed the voice actor had a warrant out related to stalking charges.
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83422 Jan 23, 2013
Good story reminded me of Ancient Wolf's logic and there is a mention of Arthur. lol

Reason #4,520 you get better with age

Fine wine's got nothing on you.

Sure, getting older has its downsides: That all-over ache after a great game of tennis, wrinkles that seem to pop up out of nowhere, and a gray hair you swore wasn't there yesterday. But research has shown that one thing nearly always tends to get better: Your attitude. And a new study offers insight into why

http://living.msn.com/life-inspired/living-yo...

Lot of true statements.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83423 Jan 23, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, please don't tell me that you don't know who it is by now...
:/
"It's so easy to figure out, even a cave man could do it", ROFLMBO!!
Truth is NOPE, I think I know but I really don't care who it is or what they click or if I am right or wrong. It won't change my opinions at all and I will keep right on posting as long as I am able and this thread is here. If it goes away, I will find another way to enjoy my pass time. Lord Willing.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83424 Jan 23, 2013
@AB My folks had very little education but spent their last dollars making sure that we did. I have seen my MOM rob the coin jar many times to get enough change to pay for piano lessons that I took for several years and still can't play.

So my favorite character on the Charlie Brown series is Schroeder all bent over and banging away on that tiny piano. LOL

#83425 Jan 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is NOPE, I think I know but I really don't care who it is or what they click or if I am right or wrong. It won't change my opinions at all and I will keep right on posting as long as I am able and this thread is here. If it goes away, I will find another way to enjoy my pass time. Lord Willing.
"Dead Birds" isn't going anywhere. If it was it would have been long gone by now, I'm sure, lol.

So many complaints to Topix that it's been removed from the drop down menus of towns all over the place? Haters continually hating? People coming, going, then coming back again?

This thread will go on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and...
(Well, at least until there are different methods of space age blogging, roflmbo)!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 10 min tluv 3,542
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 31 min Jack 5,760
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min American Lady 154,272
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 39 min Redhound squad 15
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 1 hr Snowden 25
Dylan Mills (Sep '08) 1 hr Lisa 11
Jm Hall has done nothing for knox county 2 hr facts are real 18
kC principal injured 8 hr what happened 9
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... Sun record 10
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••