Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,627

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83378 Jan 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis never cared much for being called "Elvis the Pelvis" since he had a cousin named Enos.
AB.. that was an old joke from the late 50s and 60s about Carlos Toadvine that played in and around Lexington and billed himself as "little Enis" as a takeoff on Elvis, but he was not related to Elvis. Little Enis was a left handed guitar player that strung the strings backwards. If interested, some of his old stuff is on Youtube.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83379 Jan 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB I had biscuits and gravy. Dog had Kibbles & Bits and gravy. i am glad I did not get that switched like the time I had an Oreo Cookie in one hand and a Milk Bone treat in the other. LOL
ummm I would have rather had biscuits and gravy. Maybe some sausage patties on the side.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83380 Jan 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis never cared much for being called "Elvis the Pelvis" since he had a cousin named Enos.
haha, I didn't like that nickname at all and I am sure his cousin didn't want them to try that on him. hahahaha

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#83381 Jan 23, 2013
Sagittarius-mister
An ideal day to set things in order at home. Your finances are probably going haywire, or at least you don't have a very good idea of where your money is and where it has gone. Track down your resources and get to grips with the situation, otherwise you could be in for a rude shock and a small financial mess.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83382 Jan 23, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Sagittarius-mister
An ideal day to set things in order at home. Your finances are probably going haywire, or at least you don't have a very good idea of where your money is and where it has gone. Track down your resources and get to grips with the situation, otherwise you could be in for a rude shock and a small financial mess.
haha I always know where my money is and where it has gone..mine sounds like I am a "mean girl"...hahaha

Cancer

You might be in charge, but that doesn't give you the right to work other people beyond their capacities. Lighten up with the big demands, Cancer. This is or should be a day off from your usual pace. Instead of having to deal with your extremely high and unreasonable expectations, others could use your help or support. You might be surprised at how natural it feels to put on a kind face.

Love the comment on my expectations...so off the mark. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83383 Jan 23, 2013
Go away little clueless dimwit. hahahaha

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83384 Jan 23, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, thanks for my first laugh of the day! My first thought when I seen it was pretty much the same thing. Ouch, poor hen. lol
I don't think I would have eaten it for some reason. haha An egg inside another egg is crazy. Wonder if it happens often. Occassionally I have seen two yokes, but not two eggs in one. hahaha
Good afternoon AB. I would sure would like an update on the poor hen that laid that egg. As you, I have seen two yolks in one egg. I think one could go to two worlds fairs and a duck orgy and not see anything like that egg in an egg. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83385 Jan 23, 2013
Hello AW. I wondered about you and some others this morning. Lol. Humpaburn and Biscuit were securing the bunny trail, qwerty posted the daily "horrible scope" and that was about it. I should give thanks I guess, maybe a couple of mouths froze in the closed position. Lol. Now it could be that some Joisy style toids got tossed into the big fan. LOL.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#83386 Jan 23, 2013
Unreasonable exectation in some people so true

I would hear miss bad mouthing people and me for years how bad we were. We did nothing but try to please her and be there for her and it was never enough, nothing was enough and she also pitted us against each other too(tried). She is not mental, she knows excatly what she is doing and she is not healthy to be around.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83387 Jan 23, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon AB. I would sure would like an update on the poor hen that laid that egg. As you, I have seen two yolks in one egg. I think one could go to two worlds fairs and a duck orgy and not see anything like that egg in an egg. LOL.
Hey Teddy. Poor hen probably ran away. lol

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83388 Jan 23, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Teddy. Poor hen probably ran away. lol
No doubt, if she was able. After that egg she might be in a full body cast. Lol.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#83390 Jan 23, 2013
"I Can Create A Neanderthal Baby". A scientist has said it would be possible to clone a Neanderthal baby from ancient DNA if he could find a woman willing to act as a surrogate.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/9814620/I-...

~

Prof Church helped start the Human Genome Project that mapped human DNA and is well respected in the field. His comments will surprise most geneticists who believe that cloning humans is unacceptable. It is illegal in Britain.

Prof Church said:“We can clone all kinds of mammals, so it’s very likely that we could clone a human. Why shouldn’t we be able to do so?”

He added:“Neanderthals might think differently than we do. We know that they had a larger cranial size. They could even be more intelligent than us.

“When the time comes to deal with an epidemic or getting off the planet or whatever, it’s conceivable that their way of thinking could be beneficial. They could maybe even create a new neo-Neanderthal culture and become a political force. The main goal is to increase diversity. The one thing that is bad for society is low diversity.”

Prof Church said the technique would involve artificially creating DNA from fossilised material and introducing this into human stem cell lines.

He discusses his idea in his latest book, Regenesis: How Synthetic Biology Will Reinvent Nature and Ourselves.

He rules out recreating older human ancestors or dinosaurs, as was the subject of the Jurassic Park films, because the age limit of useful DNA is about one million years, he said.

He told the magazine:“One of the things to do is to engineer our cells so that they have a lower probability of cancer.

“And then once we have a lower probability of cancer, you can crank up their self-renewal properties, so that they have a lower probability of senescence [ageing].”~

(ADDITIONALLY FROM _-_NOPE_-_: PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE LAST TWO PARAGRAPHS, FOLKS!!)

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#83391 Jan 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the beauty of once having property with an outside shop. I just said "whatever" and went out to the shop. Geez, I miss that opportunity to say "whatever". We never had that many discussions, I just went to the shop and she went to shop. LOL
I'm sure that you miss your wife terribly. I'm sure that she felt the same about you. I would hate to think of what my life would be like without hubby. The longer that you are married, the more dependent you are on each other. You get to think alike as well. Many times hubby and I will start to say the same thing at the same time. I'm sure the creator will Bless you with a reunion with your wife when your time here is over.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#83392 Jan 23, 2013
Chilly, but still the birds are eating happily.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83393 Jan 23, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
My chickens are too. They love the left over green beans that I was tired of eating. I fixed 2 quarts of home grown (canned) Sunday and have now had all I want for a while. Time for something else.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#83394 Jan 23, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Have you slept well?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83395 Jan 23, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that you miss your wife terribly. I'm sure that she felt the same about you. I would hate to think of what my life would be like without hubby. The longer that you are married, the more dependent you are on each other. You get to think alike as well. Many times hubby and I will start to say the same thing at the same time. I'm sure the creator will Bless you with a reunion with your wife when your time here is over.
Yes, you are right. It has been challenging to get over 41 years. I wonder if the hereafter has a work shop or a place she can shop? LOL some lady I know has been trying to play match maker. I told her I have had the best and I don't need the rest. Besides she was trying to fix me up with someone that has already planted 2 and 3rd time is charm.... NOT
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83396 Jan 23, 2013
@Nope.. on your Neanderthal post.. Maybe there is already enough big headed people. hehehe

#83397 Jan 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
My chickens are too. They love the left over green beans that I was tired of eating. I fixed 2 quarts of home grown (canned) Sunday and have now had all I want for a while. Time for something else.
Mine had leftover baked beans today mixed with other leftovers.
(Maybe thanks to Jr. Wolf delivering the metal)!!

#83399 Jan 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Nope.. on your Neanderthal post.. Maybe there is already enough big headed people. hehehe
I've wondered why we're not seeing Woolly Mammoths and such yet. The technology is out there to do it with. Surprising that it's not been done, IF it hasn't already. You'd think they'd be charging money to see them in a zoo somewhere already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Uncle Tab 152,796
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 30 min Joe Kerr 4,127
Wen Hair Products 52 min love it 3
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 52 min Limbertwig 48
Harriman Tnn. symboxone clinic 1 hr fiinders fee 2
Henson Hollow 1 hr live in the holler 3
knox board of ed raising taxes 2 hr disgusted 75
What happened at Stinking Creek? Fri Brenda 88
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••