Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,061 - 70,080 of 81,559 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Catching up on the news, email and facebook and seen a couple stories that were interesting, here's one.

12-foot boulder crashes into Utah woman's bedroom

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/22/16...

Talk about a rude awakening. lol Lucky she picked the right side of the bed to jump off. Here Angels were watching over her. Scary.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

For the BIRDS:

New Zealand to eradicate pet cats? Purr-ish the thought!

It's for the birds, this one-man campaign to rid New Zealand of cats and return to the time when birds had no natural predators. It's not going over well: About half of New Zealand homes are graced with a pet cat.

http://news.msn.com/world/new-zealand-to-erad...

lala, The picture of the cats are adorable.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Can't beat the flu? Bourbon-infused sorbet might make you feel better

Finally, an upside to getting the flu. "Influenza Sorbet" is specially made to combat or at least distract you from the disease. The soothing sorbet from Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams won't make you better (unlike, say, medicine), but it does contain Maker's Mark bourbon, which makes it a tie as far as we're concerned. Along with the bourbon, Influenza Sorbet also contains honey (to soothe the throat), cayenne pepper (to clear nasal passages) and pectin (more throat care). Hope you have enough energy to open your wallet, though: At $12 a pint, flu salvation won't come cheap.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/influenza-sorbet-is-a-froz...

That's a new approach to the flu. lol I bet Kentucky's own Maker's Mark hopes it catches on. If it don't work you won't care because you will have a nice buzz. I am sure you could make a lot for yourself applying that $12 to the ingredients and making it yourself. hahaha

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Well UNA. I am glad you think so highly of me but really I am not in charge of the weather. LOL I only reported what was on the weather report. It could be like the "dusting" we were to receive some years ago that turned out to be 17 inches of dusting LOL
In 1978, we had a blizzard up north that left us with 40 inches, not counting the drifts that were over our heads. We were stuck in the house for 3 days. Hubby tried to shovel and gave up after about 10 feet...it was 500 feet to the main road. I was stupid. All that I could think of was the birds, so I ventured outside with a piece of particle board on which to put seed and bread. Well, I got stuck in the snow and hubby had to rescue me.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

For lala to enjoy. These are too cute.

18 cats that think you're working too much

Pets have a way of getting what they want. Birds peck, dogs whine and turtles ... well, walk slowly or something. But no pet is quite as persistent as a cat. They will scratch, cry, meow and generally act like spoiled brats until they get what they want. Or sometimes, they'll lie in just he right spot until you have no choice but to pet their belly. To celebrate these passive-aggressive animals, we've compiled 18 examples of cats interrupting people who are trying to do get some work done. Just give up and pet the kitty, already. That's priority No. 1.

http://now.msn.com/funny-cat-pictures-take-a-...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Something we might need.

For icy steps and sidewalks in freezing temps, mix 1 tsp of Dawn dish washing liquid, 1 tbsp of rubbing alcohol, and 1/2 gallon hot/warm water and pour over walkways. They won't refreeze.

http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Of course rock salt is probably easier. That could be used if you were out. haha
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Well, AW. I'm making some baked beans today so I'll certainly thank your son for possibly delivering that metal!! They're going to be yummy!! Probably going to be some massive doggy and featherhead farts going on around here sometime tomorrow when I get tired of eating them myself!!
By the way, Una. I don't eat oatmeal, can't stomach the stuff. Had enough of it when I was growing up and we didn't have much, if enough, money to eat on. It resembles vomit to me now. As sick as I was growing up, I puked my fair share of it up while my dear Mom tried to fix me something that would stay down... Too many times, oatmeal wasn't it.
You're such an ass, even on one of your few and far between non suck-up days here lately.
Cooked oats are very nutritious for my featherheads by the way. Particularly when it's mixed with the seeds cast aside by my spoiled "green and blue winged wonder bird", cracked corn and scratch.
You got a bird with blue and green wings?? That is not a pattern I can think of for KY,, perhaps on a stretch it could be a violet green swallow or even more rare for Ky a Green jay,, but doubt either really,, can you give us more, like size compared to robin,,tail length, beak shape...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1978, we had a blizzard up north that left us with 40 inches, not counting the drifts that were over our heads. We were stuck in the house for 3 days. Hubby tried to shovel and gave up after about 10 feet...it was 500 feet to the main road. I was stupid. All that I could think of was the birds, so I ventured outside with a piece of particle board on which to put seed and bread. Well, I got stuck in the snow and hubby had to rescue me.
I remember that well. The one that sticks in my mind is the Storm 94. They closed schools and the Army base for a week. If you could get out you risked branches falling on you from the weight of the ice and then find that stores were slim pickins. People lost power etc..liked we discussed when doing our survival list and grab and go bags way back when. lol

It felt that cold this morning. Thankful there was no ice and snow.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
You got a bird with blue and green wings?? That is not a pattern I can think of for KY,, perhaps on a stretch it could be a violet green swallow or even more rare for Ky a Green jay,, but doubt either really,, can you give us more, like size compared to robin,,tail length, beak shape...
I think she meant parakeet or parrot.:) I have a friend that has one that follows her throughout the house, sits on her shoulder while she does chores, talks on the phone, watches TV. It is a hoot. It even whistles the Mayberry tune. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Hope you all have a warm afternoon. I have a few things I need to get done and will check in later to see how everyone is.

Enjoy your afternoon.:)
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she meant parakeet or parrot.:) I have a friend that has one that follows her throughout the house, sits on her shoulder while she does chores, talks on the phone, watches TV. It is a hoot. It even whistles the Mayberry tune. lol

Ah, a housebird,, well that explains a lot, I could not think of a blue green winged bird in this area, lol.

Since: Dec 12

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Rocker ALICE COOPER talks about his Christian faith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

@ Abeliever: My cats have those moves too. They're smarter than people give them credit for.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! It's my spoiled 'parrot head'. She rules one corner of the room in her huge 'parrot castle'. When she wants a treat, she makes sure you know about it.. And she'll keep on letting you know about it until that treat is delivered.
Other than that, she's pretty peaceful. Thank God. LOL!
:)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey AB. My internet has been down since mid day yesterday. The cable company finally got it going about noonish today.
Did Uni just call my katana a knife !!!! It's a sword, "Shinken" in the style of the samurai. If Biscuit was not just a pup, I'd sik him on ol Uni.
My most humble apology for calling your kantata a knife, Humpaburn. Please have mercy and don't sik the beast slayer on me. LOL. AB & I are glad you're back. We love your morning reports. We really do.

Since: Dec 12

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Ohhhhh my gosh! Bouncy lip-synced the national anthem at the ingageration!!! I want my money back! LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

West KY Girl wrote:
Rocker ALICE COOPER talks about his Christian faith:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Nothing there. Any guy named Alice has got real problems to begin with. Just like that Marilyn Manson, that is one ugly girl.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING WITHIN THE LAST FEW HOURS.

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm...

~~ Three people one suspected shooter and two people caught in a "crossfire" were wounded in a shooting that appears to have been between two people at the Lone Star College campus in Houston, school spokesman Jed Young said.

The wounded suspect is in custody, and the second gunman is on the loose but not believed to be on campus, Young said.

Authorities believe the school is "under control, but the school is still being evacuated," Young said.

Young said he doesn't know the conditions of the wounded. He said the shooting apparently between two gunmen was reported at about 12:31 p.m. CT.

Two apparently unintended targets were shot in a "crossfire," he said.~~

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

West KY Girl wrote:
Ohhhhh my gosh! Bouncy lip-synced the national anthem at the ingageration!!! I want my money back! LOL
Hahahaha. I like your nickname for that singer....what's her name? Beonce is it? A lot of female singers, models get lip injections to get that puffy-lip look. Then when the silicone, or whatever they use, fails, they look mighty weird. Have you ever looked at "Plastic surgery fails" on utube. It's a riot. Serves them right for messing with their God-given beauty.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Stivers Center fixes 12 min Lol 57
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Le Jimbo 146,893
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min Mike Duquette 128,925
Dentist AJ Smith 37 min wondering 1
john sowders 51 min not surprised 1
Corn for Sale 3 hr seller 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder Sun sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE