Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,021 - 70,040 of 81,570 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do the spite and hatred thing. It's not worth the effort, and in the grand scheme of things, it is friendship and love that counts.
The horse I recently put down, was a harness horse. He really loved to race. His nature was competitive, and even in his waning years, he had to be the first to go into the barn, the first in line during a trail ride, etc. I really loved that horse,and I miss his companionship...and if there is a horse heaven, he should be in it. I would never have put him down, but his old bones were getting very tired and painful. He was the gentlest horse I ever had...but on the track, he was all business.
My nephew sent me a picture. It seemed that some guy was having trouble with the council that did not approve of a shelter for his horses, but there was no regulation on outdoor lawn furniture. So he built a table and chairs about the size of a house that the herd could get under. LOL

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

cats wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing like a good cat fight between two feisty women. I don't take sides, I just enjoy the show.
Why do you consider disagreement a fight? There is a difference. There's another thing that I'd like your take on. When women do "fight," why do people call it a cat fight? I'm just curious about that....and when men argue, it's not considered a "cat fight." Sexism, Teddy, pure sexism LOL.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

unspoken heart wrote:
Morning again , it sure is cold... My fire is kicking , but I may still have to put on my long johns for the day.. If I still had some with the feet in them , they would be my sexy style today... I know now yall, nothing is more sexy than a woman in long flannel long johns, with the feet and drop down middle.. Oh forgot to tell ya , they were my brothers, I stole them ever chance I got. Hey a gal has got to be willing to walk in others clothing(shoes).. lol They really should make warmer clothing for us gals..
Blessed are those that can laugh at theirself, for they will never be ceased to be amused.
I live in long sleeved tee shirts and lounging pants with pockets. Then when I go outdoors I just cover them with blue jeans and a denim shirt that hang on a hall tree by the back door along with my rubber boots. On really cold days, I add a CarHart jacket. I don't have to change clothes for my multiple trips to the chicken house, but just add or remove. Some of those lounging pants are quite sexy. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
A nice person? Okaaay! LOL I have to go too - got to put one load in the dryer and another in the washer and do supper dishes. Later.:)
Yeah,she is caring and honest in her opinions. She's not always diplomatic. LOL I do like your posts, and many times, I don't think that you deserve the nut icon. Just as I have said many times, bringing up national events is not politics. For example, I am not arguing politics when I mention POTUS and his stance on gun control. Of course we have to mention his name because he's the one who is using executive power to circumvent congress, and what he says and does has direct bearing on our lives. I consider someone talking "politics" when they are debating Repubs vs Dems,and start naming names and trying to sway opinion of one side vs the other. Discussion of politics is vague, and centered on personal opinion of the two major parties. Maybe I'm wrong, but I make the distinction between the two types of discussion and debate.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you consider disagreement a fight? There is a difference. There's another thing that I'd like your take on. When women do "fight," why do people call it a cat fight? I'm just curious about that....and when men argue, it's not considered a "cat fight." Sexism, Teddy, pure sexism LOL.
That was not Teddy, but Sybil. Women have cat fights because they scratch and claw. Men have dog fights because they bite,gnarl, and hike a leg. LOL It is said that women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs just need to get accustomed to it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in long sleeved tee shirts and lounging pants with pockets. Then when I go outdoors I just cover them with blue jeans and a denim shirt that hang on a hall tree by the back door along with my rubber boots. On really cold days, I add a CarHart jacket. I don't have to change clothes for my multiple trips to the chicken house, but just add or remove. Some of those lounging pants are quite sexy. LOL
I do the same, LOL. Great minds think alike. LOL. I love my lounging pants. A former co-worker called them "sleepy pants." They are comfortable enough to sleep in and decent enough to wear outside for chores around the house.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not Teddy, but Sybil. Women have cat fights because they scratch and claw. Men have dog fights because they bite,gnarl, and hike a leg. LOL It is said that women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs just need to get accustomed to it.
LOL, Hubby would agree with you. I hate when he says, "Yes, dear," when he wants to avoid discussion.

Since: Dec 12

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Good morning folks. I hope all is well in your neck of the KY woods.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Hubby would agree with you. I hate when he says, "Yes, dear," when he wants to avoid discussion.
That was the beauty of once having property with an outside shop. I just said "whatever" and went out to the shop. Geez, I miss that opportunity to say "whatever". We never had that many discussions, I just went to the shop and she went to shop. LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Good morning bird threaders. It is 10 degrees with a windchill of -2. Poor fat cat and bird's water is frozen. Glad I don't have to go anywhere if I don't want to. Right now I don't have to.

Ancient Wolf, did you see the video I posted about the pile up in Cincy? I do hope your son and Blue is nowhere there is treacherous roads. I thought of both of them when I seen the semis.

Thanks lala for the kind words, I think I will ignore your revisit on the political stance though. I am more "diplomatic" than you give me credit for and I will just agree to disagree with you on the POTUS. You know that most discussion about laws always involve politics. After all, they are the ones who make the laws. Good luck on the discussions with Sybil. I will be glad when OJG comes back. She should be about settled in by now.

Stay warm everyone.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

West KY Girl wrote:
Good morning folks. I hope all is well in your neck of the KY woods.
Good Morning, I have been very hesitant on going out in the cold to check on and feed the chickens, but I guess I better go on. Have a good day.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good analogy Ancient Wolf. That pretty much sums it up huh? Especially that last line.

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Ex BLACK SABBATH singer Jeff Fenholt's testimony of how he became a Christian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning, I have been very hesitant on going out in the cold to check on and feed the chickens, but I guess I better go on. Have a good day.
Good morning AW. When it's cold I don't even want to crack the door open! lol Late, late last night I took my dogs some real warm water to drink and feed. I hope it helps them when it's so cold. You have a good day too.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

@Abeliever.. yes I saw that video on the pileup and my son does push the 18 wheeler through that area quite often, but fortunately not this time.

He recently sent a picture of an 18 wheeler that ran off into the median and wiped out a police cruiser that was hiding. No one injured, so it made it laughable.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning AW. When it's cold I don't even want to crack the door open! lol Late, late last night I took my dogs some real warm water to drink and feed. I hope it helps them when it's so cold. You have a good day too.
Just back from taking care of the chickens. I have a light suspended about 18 inches above their water and even as cold as it got last night, it did not freeze.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Just another cold morning here in Kentucky. Hoping for warmer weather but not expecting it.
Spring, where are you???

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning from the great one, Teddy Farterman. I can tell some folks think Humpaburn is cukoo for paying up in the thousands for a knife, but he's not.

That knife he bought is so sharp, he can slice tomatoes, cucumbers, meat, etc. so thin, the wifes relatives will never come back. Thats the only way to get rid of those bottomless pits is to starve them out. With the savings on grocery bills, Humpaburns knife will have paid for itself in less than a year. Besides this will free up Humpy from the kitchen, Weber Bullet Smoker etc. This will give him time to do more important things like, flying his rc helicopters, securing the bunny trail, burning a joint and proper training of little toker. Hehehe.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just another cold morning here in Kentucky. Hoping for warmer weather but not expecting it.
Spring, where are you???
Good Morning, heat wave coming Thursday with temps climbing to 40. I still can't go skinny dipping though, mainly because I am not skinny. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Good Morning UNA. Did you see my kid's poem for you about 10 posts back? I am betting that you already know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Jay 146,288
Stivers Center fixes 1 hr get real 51
Any couples into SCAT??? 1 hr lady ella 12
disability lawyer 2 hr been there 17
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr Ashby 26,189
jon h 3 hr Resident 17
Truddy 3 hr John Deer 4
•••
•••