Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,502)

Showing posts 70,021 - 70,040 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone, particularly AW who is likely to be the only threader up this morning. I see that AW was up at 4 A.M. So was I, but hubby would wake up if I posted, and I did not want to interrupt his sleep. I should get a laptop, but I've been putting it off. Does anyone recommend a particular brand of laptop.
AW, my whole day is nonsense, sometimes. Yeah, and I love big mouth Billy Bass.
I was up from 2:30 to 4:30 EST, got me and the dog warm and then down for 3 more hours.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Morning again , it sure is cold... My fire is kicking , but I may still have to put on my long johns for the day.. If I still had some with the feet in them , they would be my sexy style today... I know now yall, nothing is more sexy than a woman in long flannel long johns, with the feet and drop down middle.. Oh forgot to tell ya , they were my brothers, I stole them ever chance I got. Hey a gal has got to be willing to walk in others clothing(shoes).. lol They really should make warmer clothing for us gals..
Blessed are those that can laugh at theirself, for they will never be ceased to be amused.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
My sister and her kids all have horses. Beautiful ones that they ride in trail club with, parades, show. They are all just special animals. I have always loved horses. That's why I like to go to the track. They are magnificient animals.
No offense take on anything you have said lala. You know I wouldn't offend you on purpose. I try to shy away from politics and religion due to the passion we feel about them.
Free expression is one thing lala, pure spite and hatred is another.
I don't do the spite and hatred thing. It's not worth the effort, and in the grand scheme of things, it is friendship and love that counts.
The horse I recently put down, was a harness horse. He really loved to race. His nature was competitive, and even in his waning years, he had to be the first to go into the barn, the first in line during a trail ride, etc. I really loved that horse,and I miss his companionship...and if there is a horse heaven, he should be in it. I would never have put him down, but his old bones were getting very tired and painful. He was the gentlest horse I ever had...but on the track, he was all business.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss OJG and wish she would come back soon. She's been pretty busy lately, but she does promise to return. Then you can dust your trinkets. In the meantime, keep posting. You can take a vacation from dusting. Dust was here before us, and it will be here long after we're gone.
I agree on dust being here before. Regular dust is no big deal, but anyone with a wood burner has more than their share and I don't want to sit around breathing too much. which reminds me of a kid's poem for UNA.

Ashes to ashes and dust to dust
If it weren't for my a$$,
my belly would bust.

Some of Sybil's conspiracy theories are quite valid, I just don't believe they are as extensive as he would portray nor is everything that is wrong in the world the fault of a particular sect of people. When he gets into long winded copy-paste to try to prove otherwise, I take up dusting and mopping. LOL Dog can be down and running around, but as soon as I get out the mop bucket, he takes refuge in the recliner. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Sybil wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there's anything left for me and OJG to debate. I would really like to discuss some of the recent events going on around the world with her and see what her take is on it. Have you heard from her recently? Do you think all that pondering we stimulated accomplished anything?
OJG will return in time, but if you wish to discuss and debate present world affairs, I'm game. I love a good debate as long as it does not degenerate into verbal jabs. I'm not a gloom and doom person, but there are things happening around the globe that do affect us on a personal level. All things trickle down from the top to eventually reach the grassroots. The answer, in my opinion, is balance. I love to talk about serious matters, and I am just as interested in the more mundane, but practical issues of day to day living.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do the spite and hatred thing. It's not worth the effort, and in the grand scheme of things, it is friendship and love that counts.
The horse I recently put down, was a harness horse. He really loved to race. His nature was competitive, and even in his waning years, he had to be the first to go into the barn, the first in line during a trail ride, etc. I really loved that horse,and I miss his companionship...and if there is a horse heaven, he should be in it. I would never have put him down, but his old bones were getting very tired and painful. He was the gentlest horse I ever had...but on the track, he was all business.
My nephew sent me a picture. It seemed that some guy was having trouble with the council that did not approve of a shelter for his horses, but there was no regulation on outdoor lawn furniture. So he built a table and chairs about the size of a house that the herd could get under. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

cats wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing like a good cat fight between two feisty women. I don't take sides, I just enjoy the show.
Why do you consider disagreement a fight? There is a difference. There's another thing that I'd like your take on. When women do "fight," why do people call it a cat fight? I'm just curious about that....and when men argue, it's not considered a "cat fight." Sexism, Teddy, pure sexism LOL.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

unspoken heart wrote:
Morning again , it sure is cold... My fire is kicking , but I may still have to put on my long johns for the day.. If I still had some with the feet in them , they would be my sexy style today... I know now yall, nothing is more sexy than a woman in long flannel long johns, with the feet and drop down middle.. Oh forgot to tell ya , they were my brothers, I stole them ever chance I got. Hey a gal has got to be willing to walk in others clothing(shoes).. lol They really should make warmer clothing for us gals..
Blessed are those that can laugh at theirself, for they will never be ceased to be amused.
I live in long sleeved tee shirts and lounging pants with pockets. Then when I go outdoors I just cover them with blue jeans and a denim shirt that hang on a hall tree by the back door along with my rubber boots. On really cold days, I add a CarHart jacket. I don't have to change clothes for my multiple trips to the chicken house, but just add or remove. Some of those lounging pants are quite sexy. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
A nice person? Okaaay! LOL I have to go too - got to put one load in the dryer and another in the washer and do supper dishes. Later.:)
Yeah,she is caring and honest in her opinions. She's not always diplomatic. LOL I do like your posts, and many times, I don't think that you deserve the nut icon. Just as I have said many times, bringing up national events is not politics. For example, I am not arguing politics when I mention POTUS and his stance on gun control. Of course we have to mention his name because he's the one who is using executive power to circumvent congress, and what he says and does has direct bearing on our lives. I consider someone talking "politics" when they are debating Repubs vs Dems,and start naming names and trying to sway opinion of one side vs the other. Discussion of politics is vague, and centered on personal opinion of the two major parties. Maybe I'm wrong, but I make the distinction between the two types of discussion and debate.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you consider disagreement a fight? There is a difference. There's another thing that I'd like your take on. When women do "fight," why do people call it a cat fight? I'm just curious about that....and when men argue, it's not considered a "cat fight." Sexism, Teddy, pure sexism LOL.
That was not Teddy, but Sybil. Women have cat fights because they scratch and claw. Men have dog fights because they bite,gnarl, and hike a leg. LOL It is said that women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs just need to get accustomed to it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in long sleeved tee shirts and lounging pants with pockets. Then when I go outdoors I just cover them with blue jeans and a denim shirt that hang on a hall tree by the back door along with my rubber boots. On really cold days, I add a CarHart jacket. I don't have to change clothes for my multiple trips to the chicken house, but just add or remove. Some of those lounging pants are quite sexy. LOL
I do the same, LOL. Great minds think alike. LOL. I love my lounging pants. A former co-worker called them "sleepy pants." They are comfortable enough to sleep in and decent enough to wear outside for chores around the house.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not Teddy, but Sybil. Women have cat fights because they scratch and claw. Men have dog fights because they bite,gnarl, and hike a leg. LOL It is said that women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs just need to get accustomed to it.
LOL, Hubby would agree with you. I hate when he says, "Yes, dear," when he wants to avoid discussion.

Since: Dec 12

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Good morning folks. I hope all is well in your neck of the KY woods.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Hubby would agree with you. I hate when he says, "Yes, dear," when he wants to avoid discussion.
That was the beauty of once having property with an outside shop. I just said "whatever" and went out to the shop. Geez, I miss that opportunity to say "whatever". We never had that many discussions, I just went to the shop and she went to shop. LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Good morning bird threaders. It is 10 degrees with a windchill of -2. Poor fat cat and bird's water is frozen. Glad I don't have to go anywhere if I don't want to. Right now I don't have to.

Ancient Wolf, did you see the video I posted about the pile up in Cincy? I do hope your son and Blue is nowhere there is treacherous roads. I thought of both of them when I seen the semis.

Thanks lala for the kind words, I think I will ignore your revisit on the political stance though. I am more "diplomatic" than you give me credit for and I will just agree to disagree with you on the POTUS. You know that most discussion about laws always involve politics. After all, they are the ones who make the laws. Good luck on the discussions with Sybil. I will be glad when OJG comes back. She should be about settled in by now.

Stay warm everyone.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

West KY Girl wrote:
Good morning folks. I hope all is well in your neck of the KY woods.
Good Morning, I have been very hesitant on going out in the cold to check on and feed the chickens, but I guess I better go on. Have a good day.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good analogy Ancient Wolf. That pretty much sums it up huh? Especially that last line.

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Ex BLACK SABBATH singer Jeff Fenholt's testimony of how he became a Christian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning, I have been very hesitant on going out in the cold to check on and feed the chickens, but I guess I better go on. Have a good day.
Good morning AW. When it's cold I don't even want to crack the door open! lol Late, late last night I took my dogs some real warm water to drink and feed. I hope it helps them when it's so cold. You have a good day too.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

@Abeliever.. yes I saw that video on the pileup and my son does push the 18 wheeler through that area quite often, but fortunately not this time.

He recently sent a picture of an 18 wheeler that ran off into the median and wiped out a police cruiser that was hiding. No one injured, so it made it laughable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,021 - 70,040 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min angela 122,516
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Boop 918
Who would make a great mayor? 1 hr WTF 74
can u apply for food stamps online 1 hr guss 28
New Family Court Judge NEEDED!!! 1 hr WTF 38
Coming soon to America!!! SICK 1 hr guss 4
Preachers 2 hr guss 4
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 7 hr your screwed 9
•••