Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,705

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83224 Jan 21, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Off to eat and return a phone call or two. Wow, somedays the phone just don't quit. Came home to 6 messages. I guess I should be happy someone calls huh? Some people have no friends, family or anyone but telemarketers to call. Be back later.
If not, have a good evening.
I threw my answering machine in the trash. If I don't recognize the Caller ID, I don't answer.
The Truth

Evansville, IN

#83225 Jan 21, 2013
It's most likely HAARP look it up. It's a high powered energy weapon that can fire to any specific point on earth. In 2009 The government mandated that everything go digital and took over all the analog transmitters so they can use all the over the air antennas to act as one giant antenna. While your at it look up sky roar and don't stop looking things up till you finally wake up and realize the mass amount of sh*t that's taking place right in front of your nose.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83226 Jan 21, 2013
unspoken heart wrote:
Good morning you all.. I have really got to start sleeping.. This two hour thing just aint cuttin it. I might need to talk to the shepard, instead of counting the sheep...
Good Morning. I ate my dinner and then went to the bedroom intending to watch tv and only watched the inside of my eyelids. LOL I guess someone has to get up and drink the coffee and stoke the fire to keep the dog warm and I am the only one left to do it LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83227 Jan 22, 2013
Sybil wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there's anything left for me and OJG to debate. I would really like to discuss some of the recent events going on around the world with her and see what her take is on it. Have you heard from her recently? Do you think all that pondering we stimulated accomplished anything?
It surely did accomplish something. Most often it got me to get up from the computer. Without OJG on here keeping you entertained, my lamp shades and trinkets are getting fairly dusty LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83228 Jan 22, 2013
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I know that there are many negative things in this world. As much as I can, I try to balance out hatred and fear that only generates more hatred and fear and just gets us down and makes life not even worth living.

I try to look at Happy faces and for a few hours last night I accomplished just that by mentioning my Big mouth Billy Bass and his silly songs. LOL Surely most of what I post is pure nonsense, but I think it evens the scales to keep us all from being so depressed over world events, etc which are important but not the only thing in life.

Have a good day folks but don't forget to include a little nonsense and humor. It is the dessert. We can't survive on just spinach.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#83229 Jan 22, 2013
Good morning, everyone, particularly AW who is likely to be the only threader up this morning. I see that AW was up at 4 A.M. So was I, but hubby would wake up if I posted, and I did not want to interrupt his sleep. I should get a laptop, but I've been putting it off. Does anyone recommend a particular brand of laptop.
AW, my whole day is nonsense, sometimes. Yeah, and I love big mouth Billy Bass.

Location hidden

#83230 Jan 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It surely did accomplish something. Most often it got me to get up from the computer. Without OJG on here keeping you entertained, my lamp shades and trinkets are getting fairly dusty LOL
I miss OJG and wish she would come back soon. She's been pretty busy lately, but she does promise to return. Then you can dust your trinkets. In the meantime, keep posting. You can take a vacation from dusting. Dust was here before us, and it will be here long after we're gone.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83231 Jan 22, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone, particularly AW who is likely to be the only threader up this morning. I see that AW was up at 4 A.M. So was I, but hubby would wake up if I posted, and I did not want to interrupt his sleep. I should get a laptop, but I've been putting it off. Does anyone recommend a particular brand of laptop.
AW, my whole day is nonsense, sometimes. Yeah, and I love big mouth Billy Bass.
I was up from 2:30 to 4:30 EST, got me and the dog warm and then down for 3 more hours.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83232 Jan 22, 2013
Morning again , it sure is cold... My fire is kicking , but I may still have to put on my long johns for the day.. If I still had some with the feet in them , they would be my sexy style today... I know now yall, nothing is more sexy than a woman in long flannel long johns, with the feet and drop down middle.. Oh forgot to tell ya , they were my brothers, I stole them ever chance I got. Hey a gal has got to be willing to walk in others clothing(shoes).. lol They really should make warmer clothing for us gals..
Blessed are those that can laugh at theirself, for they will never be ceased to be amused.

Location hidden

#83233 Jan 22, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
My sister and her kids all have horses. Beautiful ones that they ride in trail club with, parades, show. They are all just special animals. I have always loved horses. That's why I like to go to the track. They are magnificient animals.
No offense take on anything you have said lala. You know I wouldn't offend you on purpose. I try to shy away from politics and religion due to the passion we feel about them.
Free expression is one thing lala, pure spite and hatred is another.
I don't do the spite and hatred thing. It's not worth the effort, and in the grand scheme of things, it is friendship and love that counts.
The horse I recently put down, was a harness horse. He really loved to race. His nature was competitive, and even in his waning years, he had to be the first to go into the barn, the first in line during a trail ride, etc. I really loved that horse,and I miss his companionship...and if there is a horse heaven, he should be in it. I would never have put him down, but his old bones were getting very tired and painful. He was the gentlest horse I ever had...but on the track, he was all business.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83234 Jan 22, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss OJG and wish she would come back soon. She's been pretty busy lately, but she does promise to return. Then you can dust your trinkets. In the meantime, keep posting. You can take a vacation from dusting. Dust was here before us, and it will be here long after we're gone.
I agree on dust being here before. Regular dust is no big deal, but anyone with a wood burner has more than their share and I don't want to sit around breathing too much. which reminds me of a kid's poem for UNA.

Ashes to ashes and dust to dust
If it weren't for my a$$,
my belly would bust.

Some of Sybil's conspiracy theories are quite valid, I just don't believe they are as extensive as he would portray nor is everything that is wrong in the world the fault of a particular sect of people. When he gets into long winded copy-paste to try to prove otherwise, I take up dusting and mopping. LOL Dog can be down and running around, but as soon as I get out the mop bucket, he takes refuge in the recliner. LOL

Location hidden

#83235 Jan 22, 2013
Sybil wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there's anything left for me and OJG to debate. I would really like to discuss some of the recent events going on around the world with her and see what her take is on it. Have you heard from her recently? Do you think all that pondering we stimulated accomplished anything?
OJG will return in time, but if you wish to discuss and debate present world affairs, I'm game. I love a good debate as long as it does not degenerate into verbal jabs. I'm not a gloom and doom person, but there are things happening around the globe that do affect us on a personal level. All things trickle down from the top to eventually reach the grassroots. The answer, in my opinion, is balance. I love to talk about serious matters, and I am just as interested in the more mundane, but practical issues of day to day living.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83236 Jan 22, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do the spite and hatred thing. It's not worth the effort, and in the grand scheme of things, it is friendship and love that counts.
The horse I recently put down, was a harness horse. He really loved to race. His nature was competitive, and even in his waning years, he had to be the first to go into the barn, the first in line during a trail ride, etc. I really loved that horse,and I miss his companionship...and if there is a horse heaven, he should be in it. I would never have put him down, but his old bones were getting very tired and painful. He was the gentlest horse I ever had...but on the track, he was all business.
My nephew sent me a picture. It seemed that some guy was having trouble with the council that did not approve of a shelter for his horses, but there was no regulation on outdoor lawn furniture. So he built a table and chairs about the size of a house that the herd could get under. LOL

Location hidden

#83237 Jan 22, 2013
cats wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing like a good cat fight between two feisty women. I don't take sides, I just enjoy the show.
Why do you consider disagreement a fight? There is a difference. There's another thing that I'd like your take on. When women do "fight," why do people call it a cat fight? I'm just curious about that....and when men argue, it's not considered a "cat fight." Sexism, Teddy, pure sexism LOL.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83238 Jan 22, 2013
unspoken heart wrote:
Morning again , it sure is cold... My fire is kicking , but I may still have to put on my long johns for the day.. If I still had some with the feet in them , they would be my sexy style today... I know now yall, nothing is more sexy than a woman in long flannel long johns, with the feet and drop down middle.. Oh forgot to tell ya , they were my brothers, I stole them ever chance I got. Hey a gal has got to be willing to walk in others clothing(shoes).. lol They really should make warmer clothing for us gals..
Blessed are those that can laugh at theirself, for they will never be ceased to be amused.
I live in long sleeved tee shirts and lounging pants with pockets. Then when I go outdoors I just cover them with blue jeans and a denim shirt that hang on a hall tree by the back door along with my rubber boots. On really cold days, I add a CarHart jacket. I don't have to change clothes for my multiple trips to the chicken house, but just add or remove. Some of those lounging pants are quite sexy. LOL

Location hidden

#83239 Jan 22, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
A nice person? Okaaay! LOL I have to go too - got to put one load in the dryer and another in the washer and do supper dishes. Later.:)
Yeah,she is caring and honest in her opinions. She's not always diplomatic. LOL I do like your posts, and many times, I don't think that you deserve the nut icon. Just as I have said many times, bringing up national events is not politics. For example, I am not arguing politics when I mention POTUS and his stance on gun control. Of course we have to mention his name because he's the one who is using executive power to circumvent congress, and what he says and does has direct bearing on our lives. I consider someone talking "politics" when they are debating Repubs vs Dems,and start naming names and trying to sway opinion of one side vs the other. Discussion of politics is vague, and centered on personal opinion of the two major parties. Maybe I'm wrong, but I make the distinction between the two types of discussion and debate.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83240 Jan 22, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you consider disagreement a fight? There is a difference. There's another thing that I'd like your take on. When women do "fight," why do people call it a cat fight? I'm just curious about that....and when men argue, it's not considered a "cat fight." Sexism, Teddy, pure sexism LOL.
That was not Teddy, but Sybil. Women have cat fights because they scratch and claw. Men have dog fights because they bite,gnarl, and hike a leg. LOL It is said that women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs just need to get accustomed to it.

Location hidden

#83241 Jan 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in long sleeved tee shirts and lounging pants with pockets. Then when I go outdoors I just cover them with blue jeans and a denim shirt that hang on a hall tree by the back door along with my rubber boots. On really cold days, I add a CarHart jacket. I don't have to change clothes for my multiple trips to the chicken house, but just add or remove. Some of those lounging pants are quite sexy. LOL
I do the same, LOL. Great minds think alike. LOL. I love my lounging pants. A former co-worker called them "sleepy pants." They are comfortable enough to sleep in and decent enough to wear outside for chores around the house.

Location hidden

#83242 Jan 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not Teddy, but Sybil. Women have cat fights because they scratch and claw. Men have dog fights because they bite,gnarl, and hike a leg. LOL It is said that women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs just need to get accustomed to it.
LOL, Hubby would agree with you. I hate when he says, "Yes, dear," when he wants to avoid discussion.

Since: Dec 12

Antioch, IL

#83243 Jan 22, 2013
Good morning folks. I hope all is well in your neck of the KY woods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr they 131,618
no nickle tax knox BOE 8 hr sick of taxes 2
Mayor Darren west come get political signs 9 hr Catron resident 4
fire station or not 13 hr Citizen 3
HAppy Thanksgiving Everyone! 17 hr gator 2
how can a murderer walk the streets!!!! Thu john 16
Phillip Vaughn (Oct '10) Wed Loving 9
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 24 beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts