Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,679

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#83192 Jan 21, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Good evening bird threaders. Sorry if I offended anyone earlier. That's why I don't discuss politics and religion. I guess I should keep to that.
The Billy Bass comments made me laugh. I have a couple extras if anyone needs them. haha They are hilarious. I kept them on mute too. Son thought they were a hoot when he got them. He has his Dad's too. I hadn't seen the Lobster one. haha
My sister stopped by and we decided to run out to my nephews and raid the family garden goodies from his spare freezer. Can't wait to eat some home grown (yet frozen) corn, green beans, etc and strawberries. YUM. Of course we stopped and got food to bring home. hahaha It was a nice sunny drive out into the sticks. I loved it. Sun was deceiving though, too cold. They are talking about delaying school for 2 hours tomorrow due to single digit temps. No S-word though, that's good. lol
I had her stop by Wendy's to get a couple large chilis to doctor up a bit, it will go with the shredded cheese/Fritos and hotdogs. Dinner is served. haha I will cook tomorrow. Fresh air (cold as it was) and sunshine was quite refreshing. Just what I needed. Nephew was a hoot. Had some big laughs. Lala, you would of loved the smell of horses. He is ready to buy another one. They have four. I always go see the horses when I go out there.
Hope everyone is staying warm and having a good evening.
Your nephew is fortunate to have horses. There's an old saying to the effect that "the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man." Don't recall who said that though.

BTW, there is never any offense taken for anything you say. Freedom of expression is what this thread is all about, don't you think so?

Location hidden

#83194 Jan 21, 2013
Got to go tonight. I have a load of wash in the dryer and it will soon be time to fold clothes. I guess a woman's work is never done, LOL Well, if the truth be told, I just spent too much time on the computer today, and now I have to play catch up with the chores. Good night, and pleasant dreams to all. Will be back tomorrow, unless the Lord calls my number.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83195 Jan 21, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Your nephew is fortunate to have horses. There's an old saying to the effect that "the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man." Don't recall who said that though.
BTW, there is never any offense taken for anything you say. Freedom of expression is what this thread is all about, don't you think so?
My sister and her kids all have horses. Beautiful ones that they ride in trail club with, parades, show. They are all just special animals. I have always loved horses. That's why I like to go to the track. They are magnificient animals.

No offense take on anything you have said lala. You know I wouldn't offend you on purpose. I try to shy away from politics and religion due to the passion we feel about them.

Free expression is one thing lala, pure spite and hatred is another.

Location hidden

#83196 Jan 21, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there Lala. I was referring to earlier today when AB told me something about I should to go to those threads where I can bash the president. I was the one up to be banished for my opinions. LOL
I know. I figured that out LOL. AB is really a very nice person, but she does get gunshy when anybody mentions a subject that she interprets to be political. I was having a little fun, just stirring the debate pot. I just say what I think, and try to be polite and not offensive. But I really think no one should be reluctant to bring any subject up. I think of this thread like my "Stumble Upon" site. One topic leads to another and then to another, like the flow of a conversation. I disagree with lots of things on this thread, and I'm not afraid to gather the empty bulbs and nut icons for telling it how I see it. Now I really have to go. Bye-bye. Talk to you tomorrow
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83197 Jan 21, 2013
Raw video: I-275 crash

More than 80 vehicles were involved in a crash on Interstate 275

1 dead, 20 hurt in I-275 crash

Dozens of vehicles involved in I-75 crash

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/hamilton-...

Hope they keep all this up there. Too close for my comfort. I hope and pray Blueminer and Ancient Wolf's son is not in the area. God Bless our truckers. There are 33 pictures of I-75. So sad for those people.

There is suppose to be a windchill factor of -10 degrees tonight here, schools are on a two hour delay here and across the river in Indiana. I knew my bad knee was aching for a reason. Would that be Arthurette? lol
Majority

Stanton, KY

#83198 Jan 21, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not going to do a political debate with you. That is why I liked this thread for the last couple years. There are three of them along with many others if you want to debate politics and trash our President elected by a Majority of Americans whether we like it or not. I will say this though..I was brought up to respect our President whether you voted for him or not and I have and will continue to do so. I also think that if MLK Jr. were alive today he wouldn't agree with your last statement. It is AMERICA and we are all FREE to believe what we want, I just wonder sometimes how people proclaiming to be Christians could behave the way they do. What happen to the WWJD concept? Don't answer that, it was just a statement. Today has always been a tradition for Americans to put aside their political difference and celebrate our Democracy. Sorry you don't see it that way.
the problem is serious doubts have been raised whether or not our election process is in fact fraudulent and rigged through the electoral college. I still believe that Obama did not get the popular majority vote despite what the media has lead us to believe as it would be difficult for any American to honestly say that he has been happy with the job Obama has done during his first term. How he got re-elected is beyond me. If I had faith in the election process I would agree with your statements if Obama truly was elected by the majority, but I have serious doubts.
the best of them

Stanton, KY

#83199 Jan 21, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been slammed by the best of them.
I can vouch for that ; ]
BTW, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your heated exchange with W KY Girl...reminds me of the good ole days of this thread when you were real feisty.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83201 Jan 21, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I figured that out LOL. AB is really a very nice person, but she does get gunshy when anybody mentions a subject that she interprets to be political. I was having a little fun, just stirring the debate pot. I just say what I think, and try to be polite and not offensive. But I really think no one should be reluctant to bring any subject up. I think of this thread like my "Stumble Upon" site. One topic leads to another and then to another, like the flow of a conversation. I disagree with lots of things on this thread, and I'm not afraid to gather the empty bulbs and nut icons for telling it how I see it. Now I really have to go. Bye-bye. Talk to you tomorrow
I wouldn't say gunshy, people just cannot talk politics without someone getting nasty or ignorant, much like religion. We all have our own opinions and if I wanted to talk either I would go to one of the thousands on both subjects. That is why I liked this thread. Common goal trying to figure out what killed the birds, theories on all the subjects brought to light trying to figure out what killed the birds, good stories, songs, Ancient Wolf's wisdom, several posters humor, anything and everything but those two subjects except for an occassional mention or just plain folks chatting about everything. If you all want to turn into another political thread I guess I will avoid it like I do the randpaul sites everytime I click on to the bird site. I don't have the time or desire to jump post to post and espcially those sites. I knew wkygirl jumped over there under her United States location and joined in. You can read her and pick her out in a New York minute.

I hope you have a good evening catching up on your chores. Maybe I will catch you later if you can't sleep.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#83203 Jan 21, 2013
**Yawn** I hate Mondays.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83204 Jan 21, 2013
the best of them wrote:
<quoted text>
I can vouch for that ; ]
BTW, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your heated exchange with W KY Girl...reminds me of the good ole days of this thread when you were real feisty.
Awe, I know you like your feisty! lol I like us two years later better.:)

Since: Dec 12

Hartford, WI

#83205 Jan 21, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
A nice person? Okaaay! LOL I have to go too - got to put one load in the dryer and another in the washer and do supper dishes. Later.:)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83206 Jan 21, 2013
the best of them wrote:
<quoted text>
I can vouch for that ; ]
Wasn't that enjoyable, Sybil? I loved it, man oh man did AB ever stir up a dust bowl. Still plenty of feist left in AB. She sent that pair of pantaloons off with the seat smoking. You go AB, go. LOL.
spin

Stanton, KY

#83207 Jan 21, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
You spin your name more than Sybil.
that's impossible

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83209 Jan 21, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
**Yawn** I hate Mondays.
Hello Roaming, Monday's have never been my favotite days. LOL.
cats

Stanton, KY

#83210 Jan 21, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that enjoyable, Sybil? I loved it, man oh man did AB ever stir up a dust bowl. Still plenty of feist left in AB. She sent that pair of pantaloons off with the seat smoking. You go AB, go. LOL.
nothing like a good cat fight between two feisty women. I don't take sides, I just enjoy the show.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83211 Jan 21, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
My sister and her kids all have horses. Beautiful ones that they ride in trail club with, parades, show. They are all just special animals. I have always loved horses. That's why I like to go to the track. They are magnificient animals.
No offense take on anything you have said lala. You know I wouldn't offend you on purpose. I try to shy away from politics and religion due to the passion we feel about them.
Free expression is one thing lala, pure spite and hatred is another.
Your last line AB, that's what I have been saying for the last couple of months or so. Just keep reading and watching and you will see who all the real villians are.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#83212 Jan 21, 2013
cats wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing like a good cat fight between two feisty women. I don't take sides, I just enjoy the show.
In this one I did take sides. You are right, much better than guy's fighting. Let the fur fly.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83214 Jan 21, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
:) You are too funny Teddy. You know it eats at her you and Imposter and I quit hating on each other. I think she wants you to like her. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83215 Jan 21, 2013
cats wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, I know you would like that. There will be no show. I posted this after being gone from the site and coming back and posting again an apology so to speak there we go nitpicking a fight because her opponents on the randsite got her stirred. I am done. I am on to that one. Go back and read a couple pages then go to the randpaul and read where it dropped off here. Pretty evident. Like you, spin your name and location but you are pretty identified by what you say and how you say it every time. It is your topix signature to spin the name to the subject or thought and most of the time the location are at least within close distance to surrounding towns. Unless you are the skilled Imposter when trying to aggravate the mods or Nope.

Abeliever wrote:
Good evening bird threaders. Sorry if I offended anyone earlier. That's why I don't discuss politics and religion. I guess I should keep to that.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83216 Jan 21, 2013
Sybil wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already had my arguments with KY Girl, though she wasn't much of a challenge for me.
I noticed that. Wish OJG would come back and debate you. They were always interesting. You both brought allot to ponder. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who will you vote for as jailer 27 min Jail Tracker 65
Indictments 30 min Curious 12
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 32 min In the Know 21
Who will win for Knox County Jailer 2014 35 min Unsatisfied Voter 13
Haunted house 36 min Question 1
Who will you vote for as Judge Executive ? 51 min Good read 11
Richard hicks dating a inmate abuser 1 hr Lover 3
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 7 hr Curiouswonderer 4
Ask your candidate to join us this time it is a... 10 hr Voter 15
Barbourville Dating