Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,724

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83156 Jan 21, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Duane Eddy's "Rebel rouser". I believe that is E flat. LOL
I can do an E flat in a fart :)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#83157 Jan 21, 2013
I JUST FOUND ONE ON YOUTUBE!! OH HOW FUNNY IS THIS!!

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83158 Jan 21, 2013
I bet Una could use a singing Lobster, then he could have a duet. LOL

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83159 Jan 21, 2013
my neice fell in love with a Billy Bass and she wanted to take it to bed with her ever night, we did okay till we rolled over on him and he sang, and I rolled out of bed,, we do not sleep with Billy and more.. If I am going to hear voices in my sleep they had better be playing Sing me back home ...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83160 Jan 21, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Hubby bought a mystery box at an auction, and lo and behold, in it was Billy Bass and Singing Lobster. There were 2 or 3 each.
I bet he gave them to you. Very romantic. LOL.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#83161 Jan 21, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Bundy rings a bell here. Although to my knowledge, none of his crimes involved firearms, that guy had everyone fooled. H wore a suit and tie many times. He even faked a broken arm one time and saying he needed help to get a chair of some kind into his car of ban, just to lure a woman close enough to capture her?
Dangers are everywhere. And there are different types of 'crazy'..
(I never did care for that word to describe someone who was mentally ill, although I'm guilty of using it myself on occasion).
We have to learn to keep our eyes and ears open at all times. And above all else, TRUST YOUR INTUITION!! We all have that 'little voice' in our heads for a reason. Learn to listen to it.
And NEVER leave anyone alone with your child unless it's a very close family member.
(Even though sadly sometimes they themselves have proven to be a lurking and very patient danger to an innocent child)...
This is the world we live in.
Sad world, isn't it. We must always be aware of our surroundings. Many mentally ill patients were released from inpatient facilities into communities. I worked in that field for awhile, and I used to see former inpatients leering at young girls going into a restaurant when I lived up North. One particular individual was violent, and I had witnessed his behaviors, including assault on clinicians working with him. The mental health facilities closed and we all needed to set a goal of "community reintegration." In reality, it was because it cost too much money to house these patients. That's part of the problem. Inpatient mental health facilities do not hold patients for long term...usually only 2-4 weeks. That doesn't cure schizophrenia. Many of the "shooters" recently had severe mental illness, most likely schizophrenia. Adam Lanza and the Colorado shooter certainly exhibited the symptoms. Maybe we ought to rethink institutions for the severely mentally ill.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83162 Jan 21, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? I think he DID have more than one song!! His head moved out from the backboard and he sang as his mouth moved. I had forgotten all about having one of those. Remember how they eventually came out with different fish, too? Wasn't one a catfish or something?
I had to leave him turned off most of the time. It eventually became too annoying where I had him hung on the wall.
:)
I usually only turn mine on when company comes.

Location hidden

#83163 Jan 21, 2013
unspoken heart wrote:
<quoted text>Ill take G, please...Maybe we all need to start a band?/
Only if I can be the frontperson LOL. I can let loose with some ear-splitting shrieks. We all know what musical instrument Una plays, but what is yours?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83164 Jan 21, 2013
unspoken heart wrote:
<quoted text>Ill take G, please...Maybe we all need to start a band?/
Well if you can get a "G", a "C", and a "D".. then you can do everything Hank Williams sr. ever did.

Location hidden

#83165 Jan 21, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome, correct. The 14th expanded on that further as the first admendment addressed only laws enacted by congress. The first ten admendments are called the Bill of Rights. You ARE smarter than a fifth grader! lol.
Thanks, but I still have trouble helping my little guy with third grade math. They use the Singapore math program. I just learned straight math, back in the day.

#83166 Jan 21, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad world, isn't it. We must always be aware of our surroundings. Many mentally ill patients were released from inpatient facilities into communities. I worked in that field for awhile, and I used to see former inpatients leering at young girls going into a restaurant when I lived up North. One particular individual was violent, and I had witnessed his behaviors, including assault on clinicians working with him. The mental health facilities closed and we all needed to set a goal of "community reintegration." In reality, it was because it cost too much money to house these patients. That's part of the problem. Inpatient mental health facilities do not hold patients for long term...usually only 2-4 weeks. That doesn't cure schizophrenia. Many of the "shooters" recently had severe mental illness, most likely schizophrenia. Adam Lanza and the Colorado shooter certainly exhibited the symptoms. Maybe we ought to rethink institutions for the severely mentally ill.
Or rethink these medications that so many of them are found to be on during the time when they commit these crimes.

We've been complacent about allowing doctors to 'medicate' children for far too long. Many times all these children need is a a parent that KNOWS how to be a parent. They also need a parent that isn't scared half to death to punish their child. Instead, these parents are told my 'medical personnel' that they have a magic pill... Now look where these magic pills have gotten us?

I cut my own switch more times than I could count growing up and I never needed any magic pills to make me behave...

Times have changed.. Now we get to suffer for what we've created.

Location hidden

#83167 Jan 21, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are trying to combine Una Farter and imposter into one, you are more ignorant than I thought you were. It's not an insult, I like imposter and appreciate his honesty. We don't lie as some on here do. It would really be a put down if I was accused of being you or Nope.
By the way, you are improving on getting bad judge it's on every post. You have climbed today from an average of 3 per post to 4 per post. Congradulations, keep on babbling nonsense I think you can easily rate 6-8 with ease.
I've had my share of dim light bulbs today, as well. LOL I like to get folks thinking, and sometimes I'm controversial, but never impolite, I hope.

#83168 Jan 21, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you can get a "G", a "C", and a "D".. then you can do everything Hank Williams sr. ever did.
Are you sure Hank done it this'a way??

Now THAT song is stuck in my head. But thankfully it replaced "Don't Worry, Be Happy". ROFLMBO!!

Location hidden

#83169 Jan 21, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I bet Una could use a singing Lobster, then he could have a duet. LOL
How about this???????
http://www.youtube.com/user/lakewi44...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83170 Jan 21, 2013
My uncle used to have his own version of Hank Snow's "Moving On"...

The old Tom Cat was feeling mean
til he caught his tail in the sewing machine,
He's moving on

The old Hound Dog was feeling fine
til they rubbed his butt in turpentine,
He's moving on

Location hidden

#83171 Jan 21, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oddly enough, do you think like I do in the fact that this would probably have been the FIRST neighbor to try to bust his door down for help if S did HTF??
People can be so petty.. For some, it's a full time job trying to keep their noses from igniting jealousy. Frankly, I consider them to be nothing short of miserable and lonely failures who want to see everyone else brought to their own level of non-accomplishment.
Agree. I am blessed to have wonderful neighbors who treat us like family. When I was ill, they came to the hospital often, and gave me encouragement and prayer. When I got home and finally able to eat, they brought home made soups and other delicious foods to help me get my appetite back. I literally trust them with my life.

#83173 Jan 21, 2013
Lala, all that takes me to is a main page. Is it a singing lobster? I want to see it if it is! I had never seen a lobster one before, lol.

#83174 Jan 21, 2013
OH MY GOSH! Is this him??
"Lucky the Lobster"?
&li st=UUFD2UG4dx9c7PeOd8odIlaA
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83175 Jan 21, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this???????
http://www.youtube.com/user/lakewi44...
Yeah, the one with Big Mouth Billy Bass is just like the one I have. Including the 2 songs.

Location hidden

#83176 Jan 21, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet he gave them to you. Very romantic. LOL.
Unfortunately, they just rotted in the barn. LOL Hubby is never romantic, but he's a good guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Night life in Barbourville 57 min Darren 4
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 1 hr Darren 224
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Known Fact 132,123
food stamp office 1 hr Client 13
Heard Nick Mandel almost died 1 hr Friend 4
county line 229 burglar 1 hr Neighbor 4
barbourville affordabe funeral home (Oct '08) 1 hr User 110
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 2 hr dad 52
dinky phipps 2 hr friend 15
Barbourville Dating