Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
69,901 - 69,920 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Oh, before I leave I'd like to insert just one tidbit for thought while everyone is at each others throats here. It might help defuse this situation:

"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors."
~~Thomas Jefferson

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not looking for a debate of any kind but this is AMERICA and so far I do still have the right to my opinion. As far as my "Christianity"... I am a Christian, not Jesus.
You have a right to your opinion NOW, but I'm not so sure of that in the near future. If our Constitutional laws and Bill of Rights are circumvented, our First Amendment rights will soon follow. I don't care about politics. As a matter of fact, I vote for the who I think would be best for our country. I respect the Office of POTUS, but I don't need to bow down to any individual who holds that office temporarily. I hold fast to the ideals held by our nation's founders. If any individual breaks the law, regardless of how high the level of government, then that individual is guilty of sedition or treason. That is just my opinion. History will play out, and we will see the legacy of our current POTUS. Interference with the right to bear arms violates the Second Amendment. Having doctors asking patients if they have guns, then reporting it to the government breaks the HIPPA laws (privacy laws) that are in place now. I wonder how many people know that there is a $25,000. penalty for any individual, including doctors, to release unauthorized medical information. We have the right to free speech and encouraging a private citizen to report information to the government without a patient's permission interferes with free speech and confidentiality. That will make people reluctant to speak their minds. I believe these things no matter what race, religious affiliation, or political party is in office. Therefore, my comments are not political, instead they are about the freedoms I enjoy as a citizen of the USA. Folks, we are descending down the slippery slope, with caution thrown to the wind.
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a right to your opinion NOW, but I'm not so sure of that in the near future. If our Constitutional laws and Bill of Rights are circumvented, our First Amendment rights will soon follow. I don't care about politics. As a matter of fact, I vote for the who I think would be best for our country. I respect the Office of POTUS, but I don't need to bow down to any individual who holds that office temporarily. I hold fast to the ideals held by our nation's founders. If any individual breaks the law, regardless of how high the level of government, then that individual is guilty of sedition or treason. That is just my opinion. History will play out, and we will see the legacy of our current POTUS. Interference with the right to bear arms violates the Second Amendment. Having doctors asking patients if they have guns, then reporting it to the government breaks the HIPPA laws (privacy laws) that are in place now. I wonder how many people know that there is a $25,000. penalty for any individual, including doctors, to release unauthorized medical information. We have the right to free speech and encouraging a private citizen to report information to the government without a patient's permission interferes with free speech and confidentiality. That will make people reluctant to speak their minds. I believe these things no matter what race, religious affiliation, or political party is in office. Therefore, my comments are not political, instead they are about the freedoms I enjoy as a citizen of the USA. Folks, we are descending down the slippery slope, with caution thrown to the wind.
I agree 100%. And good morning Lala.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day to you, as well....but it is afternoon. Boy, time goes quickly.
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

@Lala This interference with a person seeking medical services is only going to lead to those with mental issues (or a family member with mental issues) NOT seeking medical help for fear of being reported to the government then being denied II Amendment rights or being put on some watch list. Of course somebody with severe mental issues does not need a gun. But what person has not experienced some level of depression during their lifetime?
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day to you, as well....but it is afternoon. Boy, time goes quickly.
I make that mistake a lot. lol Whatever time of day it is, I hope you are having a good one.
Peter Piper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, our rights are slowly being taken away and some on here don't even notice it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

@ W KY Girl

I think we should all celebrate democracy. It may be the last time we get the chance. Your comments, in my opinion, are on target. It is fine for others to disagree, but I think that it is wrong for you to get bashed for expressing your ideas. First Amendment of the Constitution....right??? It won't be too long to find out who is right or wrong. As a matter of fact, I hope that I am dead wrong.
Peter Piper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
@Lala This interference with a person seeking medical services is only going to lead to those with mental issues (or a family member with mental issues) NOT seeking medical help for fear of being reported to the government then being denied II Amendment rights or being put on some watch list. Of course somebody with severe mental issues does not need a gun. But what person has not experienced some level of depression during their lifetime?
I was in Nam in 68 &69 and have PTSD so I guess I would be considered mentally ill. I don't want to shoot anyone had enough of that in Nam. I wonder if the next time I go to the doctor he will report me!
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

@Lala Did you see the mess with the guy from the preppers show losing his gun rights because they decided he was mentally incompetent? No doubt he is very eccentric, but I don't think he is crazy.
http://www.infowars.com/doomsday-prepper-gets...
Here's another prepper they went after: http://spreadlibertynews.com/150-officials-in...
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Peter Piper wrote:
<quoted text>Me too, our rights are slowly being taken away and some on here don't even notice it.
So true.
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
@ W KY Girl
I think we should all celebrate democracy. It may be the last time we get the chance. Your comments, in my opinion, are on target. It is fine for others to disagree, but I think that it is wrong for you to get bashed for expressing your ideas. First Amendment of the Constitution....right??? It won't be too long to find out who is right or wrong. As a matter of fact, I hope that I am dead wrong.
Thank you Lala. Yes, I hope I am wrong about several things.
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Peter Piper wrote:
<quoted text>I was in Nam in 68 &69 and have PTSD so I guess I would be considered mentally ill. I don't want to shoot anyone had enough of that in Nam. I wonder if the next time I go to the doctor he will report me!
Hi Piper. First of all, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your service and may God bless you! I have a good friend who was also in Nam (68-71). He has PTSD too. Me and him were just talking about this a few days ago. I don't know where this county is headed but it doesn't look good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
That is exactly what I mean. So many people have events in their lives that result in depression. No one would advocate for an insane person to purchase a gun. But some people have what is called "situational depression," and get relief with antidepressant medication. These folks are not aggressive and ready to go out and harm someone. But once they are in a data base, they could be denied the right to purchase a gun.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to leave the thread without saying that I totally agree with this, so have a good day. BTW so did my ancestors but they only started in 1711 (except for the minute portion of Native American heritage that was already here). LOL
AW, I got some Cherokee in me somewhere, big toe maybe, lol,, I forget how far back, 5 generations I think.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
@Lala Did you see the mess with the guy from the preppers show losing his gun rights because they decided he was mentally incompetent? No doubt he is very eccentric, but I don't think he is crazy.
http://www.infowars.com/doomsday-prepper-gets...
Here's another prepper they went after: http://spreadlibertynews.com/150-officials-in...
Yeah, I saw the video about the raid which happened only on the word of a single individual, who probably had a grudge against the prepper.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

I like the sheriffs who are refusing to confiscate arms in their community. I am proud of them for standing up for what's right. I wonder what the folks in KY will do.
Peter Piper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Piper. First of all, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your service and may God bless you! I have a good friend who was also in Nam (68-71). He has PTSD too. Me and him were just talking about this a few days ago. I don't know where this county is headed but it doesn't look good.
The only guns I have are my dads old hunting rifles don't even have bullets for them. BUT THEY ARE MINE!!!! Nobody has a right to take them away from me.
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what I mean. So many people have events in their lives that result in depression. No one would advocate for an insane person to purchase a gun. But some people have what is called "situational depression," and get relief with antidepressant medication. These folks are not aggressive and ready to go out and harm someone. But once they are in a data base, they could be denied the right to purchase a gun.
Yep. Everybody that has some sort of mental issue is not crazy and dangerous. Shoot, some of the dang people who are seen as sane and highly intelligent are more dangerous than anybody! This having our doctors spy on us is only going to cause people not to consult their doctor about their problems which could be helped. This is a bad idea!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

From what I've read, it was discovered that he was a convicted felon though. So he wasn't supposed to be in the possession of any firearms whatsoever...

(IF we're talking about the same case, of course).

Yeah, sure I feel bad for the guy. But the law is the law as far as felons and gun ownership. Once you're convicted of a felony, you loose certain rights. This is absolutely one he that lost due to a conscientious decision made on his part...

Sometimes stupid mistakes follow you all the way to the grave.. Other mistakes, even further beyond the grave..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Cornelius Scudmister 150,036
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 44 min yea right 6
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Jealous Person 3,474
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Curious 130,287
Charmaine 3 hr Shameless 1
D Boone Days 3 hr Booneville Man 1
Lesb or Bi 3 hr Looking 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••