Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,492)

Showing posts 69,821 - 69,840 of81,215
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Open

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I've heard of the Rum version. Guess it's all about which prime elixir you prefer, hehe!
I always thought raisins were a really healthy food until I was watching something on t.v. that caught my attention the other day.
(Sorry I can't tell you what show it was because it was just another one of those days where the television was just on for a distraction)..
But it seems that one handful of raisins has more sugar in them than a whole raw apple, a scoop of iced cream, or a hand full of Peanut M&M's! To think that raisins had MORE sugar per serving than iced cream or Peanut M&M.s absolutely astonished me.
I'm a diabetic,(inherited that one too, right along with my other ailments), and I always thought that raisins would have been lower on the chart than they were compared to those other foods! Pretty amazing, huh?
Google 'glycemic index' and it will help you differentiate between the good carbs and the bad carbs (sugar). For instance, everyone thinks that wheat bread is better for you than white bread. However, if you look on the glycemic scale there is not that much of a difference between them in terms of their effect on your blood sugar.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Arthur likes to mess with my wrists and ankles. I use Watkin's Liniment the same as my granny did many years ago and that works if you can get past the smell (that will take your breath if you get too close) and don't get it in on your lips, eyes, or private areas. It burns just about the same as cutting up raw jalepeno peppers.
I tried other creamy type ointments and most are too greasy to suit me. Thanks for all the suggestions, but I will stick with what works for me.
We used Tuttles Liniment on our race horses. We diluted it in water, and then gave them a bath with it after exercise.
That stuff burns like heck, but I admit, I've tried it a few times on my back. It could take your breath away as well. We have a few old horse leg bandages still hanging around, and even after 10 years out of the business, I can still smell the Tuttles.
Open

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I've heard of the Rum version. Guess it's all about which prime elixir you prefer, hehe!
I always thought raisins were a really healthy food until I was watching something on t.v. that caught my attention the other day.
(Sorry I can't tell you what show it was because it was just another one of those days where the television was just on for a distraction)..
But it seems that one handful of raisins has more sugar in them than a whole raw apple, a scoop of iced cream, or a hand full of Peanut M&M's! To think that raisins had MORE sugar per serving than iced cream or Peanut M&M.s absolutely astonished me.
I'm a diabetic,(inherited that one too, right along with my other ailments), and I always thought that raisins would have been lower on the chart than they were compared to those other foods! Pretty amazing, huh?
there are also many natural herbal supplements and home remedies you should try before going to pharmaceuticals and insulin, like cinnamon, fish oil, aloe vera, vanadium, chromium, gynema to name just a few.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Open wrote:
<quoted text>
Google 'glycemic index' and it will help you differentiate between the good carbs and the bad carbs (sugar). For instance, everyone thinks that wheat bread is better for you than white bread. However, if you look on the glycemic scale there is not that much of a difference between them in terms of their effect on your blood sugar.
Good evening Sybil.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

No need to scatter folks. I'm not carrying the Bubonic plague. I had my flea dip today.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Whatever that balm was, it stunk to the high heavens too.. I could hardly wash it off of me, nor get the stink of it out of my nostrils. My hands would tingle for about an hour afterward. Made it hard as heck to smoke a cigarette, I'll tell ya that much, LOL! And God help you if you forgot and scratched your nose after a fly buzzed you.

This was back in the mid 70's down in Florida. So what that muscle balm stuff truly was, God only knows.

My memory isn't what is used to be, but I'm wanting to say that the track was called the "Ben White Raceway" maybe??

Geez, my brain these days.. I swear.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Well, another busy day here I see. Anyone having fun yet?
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

I see the original Batmobile driven in the iconic television series sold for a tiny $4.2 million dollars at auction, Holy high bid, Batman.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Open wrote:
<quoted text>
there are also many natural herbal supplements and home remedies you should try before going to pharmaceuticals and insulin, like cinnamon, fish oil, aloe vera, vanadium, chromium, gynema to name just a few.
I've got it pretty well under control now, but thanks. I watch what I eat and like a lot of vegetables as opposed to meats and such anyway. I don't use much sugar or salt at all either. I'd say what little bit of sugar I get comes from what's already in something when I get lazy and eat a prepackaged thing of some sort. The salt too.

If you all haven't yet, you should really start reading what's on the labels of some of these foods that are 'supposed' to be good for us. The sodium levels are sky high in almost everything out there.. Not to mention the preservatives..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It was a good day here, Roaming. Very relaxing. Sorry yours was hectic.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Wow, Hemp! A measly 4.2 mill? What I couldn't put THAT to use for, HAHA!!

A dog shelter and some additional property for rescues would be first on my list. And some employees to help me out of course..
:)

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
No need to scatter folks. I'm not carrying the Bubonic plague. I had my flea dip today.
Still here. Your just a big teddy...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Hello Roaming. I had a fun day by not being here.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

unspoken heart wrote:
<quoted text> Still here. Your just a big teddy...
LOL. Yep, a fairly big Teddy except for my boney butt.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Gonna go for now.

An interesting show is on PBS/KET2. It's called "Abolitionists: American Exp", if anyone else wants to watch it. It's about slavery.

I'm going take leave from here for a while so I can pay attention...

Later folks!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Humpaburn, I think there is a little Japanese man looking for you. He didn't seem happy at all.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtian. Now child, click your heels together and say theres no place like the bird thread several times, with eyes closed and hopefully you you will wake up in a sane place.
icons

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Sybil.
I wonder why you get the nasty icons for saying good evening to me. It's either they don't like you or me, which one of us is it?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

There's those lips wanting to kiss my butt again.
Open

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got it pretty well under control now, but thanks. I watch what I eat and like a lot of vegetables as opposed to meats and such anyway. I don't use much sugar or salt at all either. I'd say what little bit of sugar I get comes from what's already in something when I get lazy and eat a prepackaged thing of some sort. The salt too.
If you all haven't yet, you should really start reading what's on the labels of some of these foods that are 'supposed' to be good for us. The sodium levels are sky high in almost everything out there.. Not to mention the preservatives..
don't forget about the trans fats and hydrogenated oils, stay away from that stuff too. But make sure you are getting enough of the good stuff, the essential fatty acids like fish oil, and the essential amino acids from good protein sources. Your diet may be lacking in these if you're eating mostly vegetables.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,821 - 69,840 of81,215
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Troy Marcey 28 min Yup 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min Justice Dale 138,784
Citys easter Egg hunt what a Joke !!!!!! 59 min Mom 1
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 3,687
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 3,439
Have a Wonderful Easter! 1 hr gator 2
Sarah Christophel Stewart (Jun '09) 1 hr This is SARA 7
Corey vs. Collins 1 hr Freeze 60
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••