Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
69,781 - 69,800 of 81,600 Comments Last updated 36 min ago

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82983 Jan 20, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Nope. Yeah I believe I saw the same program you did and yes I agree, GUILTY! I hope you are having a good day.:)
Hello, how are you doing today? I could not get to sleep until 5 A.M., then I was up at 7. Can't seem to get going today. There are tons of things that I have to do, but I keep putting everything off. I have a wayward grown daughter who keeps on trying to drag hubby and me into her dramas, looking for us to rescue her, AGAIN. She makes bad decisions which eventually boxes her in, and when she is out of options, or money, she comes to us. Golly, what to do!!! I do not want to enable her, but I also don't want to get a dreaded phone call from police, either. Una is a saint compared to her.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#82984 Jan 20, 2013
Hey, WKG. My day has been better than I expected it to be, beings as I screwed up my sleep schedule. I found that my Hyacinths were already popping up out there. It's MUCH too early for my baby's to be coming up out of the ground like this! Even the Daffodils are breaking ground too soon!! I was too scared to go look closely as my flower bushes. If I saw buds on those, I'd cry..

Did you read that article I posted about the woman in Tennessee that's suing an anonymous user for outing her personal life on the threads? I can't wait to see who it was that did it to her. She has 30 days to come forward, or Topix has agreed to give up her IP's for trace.

I hope her own name and face gets plastered on the news channels for everyone to see. There's NO reason to do that to someone on any public forum. NONE whatsoever.

A few of us have been trying to warn people for years about doing those things. Maybe they'll start to think twice now?

Location hidden

#82985 Jan 20, 2013
No doubt, I want spring to arrive as well, but if we do not get a cold snap for awhile, we all will be battling with the exploding insect and rodent populations. I do think we have global warming, but nature's contribution to the problem far outdoes mankind's. I was reading that the warmth is gradually spreading northward, extending our growing season. The downside is that more ferocious storms will be developing with greater frequency, along with big swings in world conditions;i.e., drought or flooding, warm winters vs. blizzards in other parts of the world. Who knows??Maybe Kentucky will turn into the tropics. Then we won't have to miss out on a vacation in a warm, tropical paradise. LOL

#82986 Jan 20, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>Una is a saint compared to her.
Oh, dear God. That's one heck of a comparison, Lala. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

It's such a hard call to make, knowing when to say enough is enough. But if jail is what you're talking about in that 'phone call from the police', then sometimes it DOES work to wake a person up. Sad that some people need to face jail time in order to fully see what it is or was that caused them their woes. I'm sorry for you all having to be put into this situation..

Best of luck to you all. I won't suggest "tough love" because until it's a person that someone loves dearly who needs that "tough love", they don't know how hard it can be to implement it..

Location hidden

#82987 Jan 20, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, dear God. That's one heck of a comparison, Lala. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
It's such a hard call to make, knowing when to say enough is enough. But if jail is what you're talking about in that 'phone call from the police', then sometimes it DOES work to wake a person up. Sad that some people need to face jail time in order to fully see what it is or was that caused them their woes. I'm sorry for you all having to be put into this situation..
Best of luck to you all. I won't suggest "tough love" because until it's a person that someone loves dearly who needs that "tough love", they don't know how hard it can be to implement it..
I am worried about it being worse than jail. She's a addict and has very bad social behavior. We have spent years and years trying to help her, but to no avail. We can't have her live with us any longer because she would inflict terrible emotional trauma on our little guy. She's his momma. You can imagine how tough things were and still are, because we had to adopt him to prevent him from going into foster care. He's a great little boy, and we love him dearly, but we can't expose him to her negative influence. We do let her see him when she has been relatively calm and not strung out. Yes, we need prayers, lots of them. We're getting too old to put up with her issues.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82988 Jan 20, 2013
Oglala wrote:
I know Arthur very well, indeed. He visits me every day, and stays all night, so that it is hard to get sleep. Arthur is very active, AW. How do we get rid of our mutual house guest.
Arthur does not care for Ibuprofen and heat.

#82989 Jan 20, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I am worried about it being worse than jail. She's a addict and has very bad social behavior. We have spent years and years trying to help her, but to no avail. We can't have her live with us any longer because she would inflict terrible emotional trauma on our little guy. She's his momma. You can imagine how tough things were and still are, because we had to adopt him to prevent him from going into foster care. He's a great little boy, and we love him dearly, but we can't expose him to her negative influence. We do let her see him when she has been relatively calm and not strung out. Yes, we need prayers, lots of them. We're getting too old to put up with her issues.
Well, hon, if it takes a restraining order then get one. That little guy needs his Momma, but he doesn't need to be exposed to what her company causes as far as emotional confusion and what he's going to perceive as her abandonment sometime in the future anyway. There's no way around the fact that he's going to eventually realize that she found the drugs more important than he was. Sad to say, but he's going to face that one day anyway. It's what he's been dealt.

Personally, I'd tell her to stay gone until she gets cleaned up. Offer her nothing except a warm meal and a pair of warm shoes. Nothing says that in this case, Goodwill clothing isn't good enough for her either. Give her NOTHING except what she can wear, or what she can eat in your presence outside of the house. And no receipts for clothing, she'd just return it for the cash. Don't even let her know where you bought it if you do get new merchandise for her to wear. I swear, if I was in your place it would be thrift store or Goodwill clothing if she needed it... And if you are doing so, stop paying her rent, her gas, her utilities or anything else that is enabling her to continue her way of life.

She needs rehab, but until a person admits to and accepts rehab treatment, there is nothing anyone can do.

I hate to tell you this, but I've had my fair share of addicts as friends. Eventually you just have to let them go much like a balloon into the air. Hopefully she'll clean herself up before it's too late and you are planning a funeral. But until she gets as low as she can possibly go, she'll keep clawing a the both of you for support. You're going to have to draw a line and cut her loose.

I know it's hard, it'll be the hardest thing you'll ever do. In the end, she's an adult and will do what she wants to. All you can do,(or any of us for that matter), is pray that she wakes up before it's too late to save her.

She's gonna have to do this one on her own. Quit being a stopping off point and her last resort when she only needs something. Once she runs out of last resorts, she'll finally hit that bed of rocks and hopefully reach out for REAL help instead of an instant fix.

#82990 Jan 20, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Arthur does not care for Ibuprofen and heat.
Have you tried a really hot bath, AW? Sometimes it's all that helps me. Although even getting in and out of it is a dangerous venture at times..

Wish they would find a better treatment for old Arthur. He has me too. I can tell you when the pressure outside changes. And I usually know a day before that a storm is coming, thanks to my knees...

Hope you feel better soon.

#82991 Jan 20, 2013
AW, I used to work with harness race horses many, many years ago and there was this ointment called "Beagle"(sp?) balm or some such..
(Wish I could remember the exact name of it).

But I rubbed it into the horses muscles after I'd taken them for a harnessed work-out run around the tracks and had finished bathing and brushing them down. It made your hands even tingle and feel numb.

There are many times I wish I could find that stuff now...
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#82992 Jan 20, 2013
Aloe Vera juice is helpful in combating a lot of ailments. It has been known to slow down tumor growth and cancer. Just read an article from a guy in Tuscon,Az telling the benefits of using aloe Vera for a range of problems: kidneys, joints, diabetes. Of course, organic and preservative free is the way to go when purchasing the juice. I might start using the aloe Vera juice because I am beginning early stages of arthritis and I hate pills, stomach bleeding and liver problems I don't need. Thought this might help for those most visited by Arthur.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#82993 Jan 20, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
AW, I used to work with harness race horses many, many years ago and there was this ointment called "Beagle"(sp?) balm or some such..
(Wish I could remember the exact name of it).

But I rubbed it into the horses muscles after I'd taken them for a harnessed work-out run around the tracks and had finished bathing and brushing them down. It made your hands even tingle and feel numb.

There are many times I wish I could find that stuff now...
My mother trained trotters and pacers in Lexington about 47 years ago. I was a toddler

Location hidden

#82994 Jan 20, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, hon, if it takes a restraining order then get one. That little guy needs his Momma, but he doesn't need to be exposed to what her company causes as far as emotional confusion and what he's going to perceive as her abandonment sometime in the future anyway. There's no way around the fact that he's going to eventually realize that she found the drugs more important than he was. Sad to say, but he's going to face that one day anyway. It's what he's been dealt.
Personally, I'd tell her to stay gone until she gets cleaned up. Offer her nothing except a warm meal and a pair of warm shoes. Nothing says that in this case, Goodwill clothing isn't good enough for her either. Give her NOTHING except what she can wear, or what she can eat in your presence outside of the house. And no receipts for clothing, she'd just return it for the cash. Don't even let her know where you bought it if you do get new merchandise for her to wear. I swear, if I was in your place it would be thrift store or Goodwill clothing if she needed it... And if you are doing so, stop paying her rent, her gas, her utilities or anything else that is enabling her to continue her way of life.
She needs rehab, but until a person admits to and accepts rehab treatment, there is nothing anyone can do.
I hate to tell you this, but I've had my fair share of addicts as friends. Eventually you just have to let them go much like a balloon into the air. Hopefully she'll clean herself up before it's too late and you are planning a funeral. But until she gets as low as she can possibly go, she'll keep clawing a the both of you for support. You're going to have to draw a line and cut her loose.
I know it's hard, it'll be the hardest thing you'll ever do. In the end, she's an adult and will do what she wants to. All you can do,(or any of us for that matter), is pray that she wakes up before it's too late to save her.
She's gonna have to do this one on her own. Quit being a stopping off point and her last resort when she only needs something. Once she runs out of last resorts, she'll finally hit that bed of rocks and hopefully reach out for REAL help instead of an instant fix.
I thank you so very much for your concern and advice. I am blessed to have found kind people in the "dead bird society"

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82995 Jan 20, 2013
Guys, try yall some yellow raisins, soaked in the fridge in gin, eat two a day, they say it helps arthur, and if it dont , got to make you feel better...lol

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82997 Jan 20, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I thank you so very much for your concern and advice. I am blessed to have found kind people in the "dead bird society"
my thoughts will be with you . praying for you to have the strength you need and her to get the strength she needs to overcome this.. hugs...
W KY Girl

Oak Lawn, IL

#82996 Jan 20, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, how are you doing today? I could not get to sleep until 5 A.M., then I was up at 7. Can't seem to get going today. There are tons of things that I have to do, but I keep putting everything off. I have a wayward grown daughter who keeps on trying to drag hubby and me into her dramas, looking for us to rescue her, AGAIN. She makes bad decisions which eventually boxes her in, and when she is out of options, or money, she comes to us. Golly, what to do!!! I do not want to enable her, but I also don't want to get a dreaded phone call from police, either. Una is a saint compared to her.
Hey there Oglala.:) Oh how I know about messed up sleep. Usually mine is just me being dumb and staying up way too late but sometimes problems can keep you awake too, huh? So far my day has been better. I still have some issues to work out but I don't think either will be too awfully difficult. But boy oh boy can things get trying sometimes. One problem might not be so much but when they tend to all come at once, ahhhhhhhh! LOL (But it can always be worse.) Like you seem to do, I make or let other people's problems become my problems and I'm sure you'll agree, it is only because we love them. I take it better when somebody tries to screw me over than I do when somebody tries to screw a loved one over. My "oh hell no...let me tell you something!" attitude comes out right quick! lol
I thank God I don't have anybody in my immediate family who has a drinking or drug problem. But I do know SEVERAL like that. Some are close friends of friends and I have seen some things that they have had to deal with. I know it is extremely sad and heartbreaking to watch and so frustrating when they won't take any help. I know people who will not allow their loved one to even stay at their house because they will steal them blind just for drug money. Those same loved ones will also break into family's house to steal when nobody is home. It is just sad!
Oh gosh girl, don't put your daughter down like that - Una would be something that would drive a person to drink or do drugs! lol

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82998 Jan 20, 2013
Until now Una hasn't been here all day and I have been talked about horribly. I had a temper tantrum earlier and didn't pitch my fit here. I took off my Sunday School shoes, put on my clod hoppers, lay on my back, banged the floor with my heels, screamed, farted, and yes cried tears the size of horse turds.

Thanks to some of you bad mouthing me, I tried to commit sewer cider. I tried to beat myself to death with a stick of stove wood. That really hurt. Then I decided to just wait until late night television. There are some ambulance chasing lawyers on there. I'm going to call the first one that comes up and see if I can get some free money by suing some folks for saying mean things about me.

Now, I have a road kill fat possum in the oven broiler. If the possum fat catches on fire I will really be mad. I am going to have it for supper. Dinner is the mid day meal. I found this meal in the road to Sunday School and church this morning. I didn't break or eat any crayons today. although the orange one looked tasty.

Oh Uglylala, thank you for calling me a saint. You will be secused from frivilous lawsuits.

W KY Girl

Oak Lawn, IL

#82999 Jan 20, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hey, WKG. My day has been better than I expected it to be, beings as I screwed up my sleep schedule. I found that my Hyacinths were already popping up out there. It's MUCH too early for my baby's to be coming up out of the ground like this! Even the Daffodils are breaking ground too soon!! I was too scared to go look closely as my flower bushes. If I saw buds on those, I'd cry..
Did you read that article I posted about the woman in Tennessee that's suing an anonymous user for outing her personal life on the threads? I can't wait to see who it was that did it to her. She has 30 days to come forward, or Topix has agreed to give up her IP's for trace.
I hope her own name and face gets plastered on the news channels for everyone to see. There's NO reason to do that to someone on any public forum. NONE whatsoever.
A few of us have been trying to warn people for years about doing those things. Maybe they'll start to think twice now?
Hey Nope. Yeah I saw that. I'm glad they are doing something about it! I think it is BEYOND TACKY to harass somebody on the internet. It is bad enough when the people don't know each other but when somebody is anonymously harassing somebody they know by name, that is so wrong! Even if what they are saying is the truth, shoot go face the person and tell them what you think! You know what? Years ago when it wasn't such a big deal to give somebody an old fashioned butt stomping when they asked for it, things were much better back then. There wasn't near as many people running their mouth and harassing other people. I know there have been lawsuits and sadly, suicides over things written on TOPIX. And you know, I think that if TOPIX allows somebody to be harassed (especially by their real name) and do nothing about it, they should be held accountable too. This is the only thread where I have seen it kept under control. I have even seen where when people die people will start talking trash about them. It is lowdown to hurt their family/kids like that!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83000 Jan 20, 2013
Talk about horrible advice.

Lala, if your daughter asks you to go a mile with her, go two miles.

If she asks for bread should she be given a stone? If she asks for fish should she be given a serpent?

Lala, I don't have to tell you where that comes from. Give all you can(within reason)and you will have no regrets.
W KY Girl

Oak Lawn, IL

#83001 Jan 20, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Oglala, I agree with Nope. Don't give her anything she can sell. I have seen people do some crazy things to get their fix. One girl was given a kerosene heater and kerosene in order to keep warm because her heat had been cut off. She sold the heater and the kerosene for booze money.
I tell you what, I do know that God can fix anything. I have seen it with my own eyes. I have seen an IMPOSSIBLE situation work out. It took a lot of prayer and hard prayer! When you get to the end of your own rope there is a prayer you can pray but boy oh boy stand back when you do! lol I had a loved one years ago living a totally wrong life. My prayer went something like this, "God I know you can do anything! I know that you love *** even more than I do! God ONLY YOU can get *** out of this mess! God I ask you to spare ***'s life, but God do WHATEVER You have to do to rescue *** from this situation!" But Oglala, this is a serious prayer. My loved one came out of the mess but boy did some bad things happen to get them out of it. But I know our God is real and He can do the impossible! Pray that your daughter is t-totally miserable and living in pure hell until she gives up! And you might think God is not listening or doing anything. I thought that and I got so mad at God. But little did I know, God was busy at work fixing everything. God can do it, trust Him. Pray pray and keep on praying-refuse to give up!!!:) This may sound stupid or crazy, but I have seen it work.

#83003 Jan 20, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Nope. Yeah I saw that. I'm glad they are doing something about it!
Right? And here's the kicker: Whoever this woman was that put all the nasty grams up about the other, is going to have HER real name and face plastered all over the news now. Talk about a turn around.. If she has a church, they'll all know. Family, friends, neighbors? Her own kids? Yep, all of them will know what's in her heart for sure now.

I am not even able to chuckle over it. I find it horrible for BOTH parties involved. And keeping in mind that the offender was purely following the lead of millions of others on here who like to spread hate and filth about people, she just picked the wrong one to attack.

MANY more Topix users could feasibly go down if someone sued them for what they've posted on here in the past. MANY more.

One of them will never be me though. There's nothing that anyone could ever say to me, on here or in real life, that would make me step over that line and hammer them on Topix by revealing their most intimate details for the world to see..

Topix users worldwide are about to find out that it doesn't matter what's TRUE or not. Irregardless of what they're own version of that truth may be, it's NOT LEGAL to harass, threaten, humiliate or shame someone on the internet when it comes to their personal, real, and private life or lifestyle.

I bet the woman who put the nasty grams up is about to crawl under a rock and die right about now. I know I would be. But I can only imagine..

It will never be Nope who puts herself in a situation like this one has. Never..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Cornelius Scudmister 151,284
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Mitch 1,545
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 10 min No clue 12
knox board of ed raising taxes 1 hr hmm 1
What time does IGA open? 1 hr bagger 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Khatru 130,549
anyone know anything about Holly Cole? (Sep '09) 2 hr lol 9
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs