Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,489)

Showing posts 69,761 - 69,780 of81,266
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Whoa, check this story out:
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx...

~~ An East Tennessee woman is suing a person whose identity she does not know after they wrote a post about her a popular social media website.

In a lawsuit filed January 8 in Hawkins County Circuit Court, Rogersville resident Sarah Davis claimed an anonymous user was defaming her reputation on Topix.com , a website where people can post their thoughts in hyper-local community forums.

The anonymous person, who goes by the name "LUV2WALK", wrote on the website that Davis had committed adultery in a Rogersville park. Davis denies the claims and is now suing that user for $200,000.

Her attorney William Phillips II said there were multiple posts and threats made in regards to the allegation.

"They [the user] certainly have an agenda in defaming the character of Ms. Davis," Phillips said.

He said he would like for the anonymous user to reveal their identity as it would be "the noble thing to do."

"Individuals post on Topix on a daily basis," Phillips said. "They constantly defame the characters of everyday citizens and I think they do it under the guise they can hide behind their anonymity."

In the lawsuit, Phillips and Davis have given the anonymous user 30 days to file a responsive pleading under their actual name. If the user does not do so, the lawsuit reads that Phillips and Davis will ask the court to issue a judicial subpoena directing Topix to hand over all copies of all threads and posts pertaining to the lawsuit. The lawsuit also said that the subpoena would ask Topix to provide the user's IP address, which would help identify the person behind the posts.

Phillips said he and his client posted a notice on the website directed toward the anonymous user that has since been removed.

10News talked to Topix CEO Chris Tolles about the matter. He said Topix, which is widely used in Appalachia, does not think Phillips and Davis' proposed actions sound unreasonable.

"If this goes to the court system and we are subpoenaed, we are unlikely to stand against that subpoena," Tolles said. "I haven't seen it yet, so it's hard to say what I will or will not do."

He says under the Communications Decency Act, Topix is not responsible for content posted by third party users.

Tolles said he admits there are advantages and disadvantages to allowing users to post anonymously on Topix. However, he said it is a feature the site needs in order to build up users in smaller communities.

"Our ability to actually do something interesting requires there to be some sort of audience there," Tolles said.

Either way, legal experts like Knoxville attorney Don Bosch advises web users not to make defamatory claims online as they are subject to the same laws that they would be anywhere else.

"Defamation is defamation and whether it be electronic, print or spoken, it still subjects an individual to a civil legal action should they make such a statement," he said.~~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Looks like people had better start watching their butts on here. Some of us have been saying this for years now.

And FYI, it's NOT Topix that gets sued. It's the person who puts the drivel ON here. Period.

$200,00.00 is NOT chump change. And the news story states that Topix is fully willing and prepared to help this woman find out who the anonymous user is that placed the damaging information about her on here.

People had better start waking up about this stalking and harassment that they so love to do for an evil hobby and sick thrill....
Comment

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Nope, I had to tell you that I liked seeing that you also pray for His will to be done, not giving direct orders such as 'Destroy the Problem, God'. I like knowing He knows what's best and my intercession can just be 'Your will be done'. Also good to hear your thoughts, AW. Have a great day, everyone!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Comment wrote:
Nope, I had to tell you that I liked seeing that you also pray for His will to be done, not giving direct orders such as 'Destroy the Problem, God'. I like knowing He knows what's best and my intercession can just be 'Your will be done'. Also good to hear your thoughts, AW. Have a great day, everyone!
Well, thank you "Comment".. That was an very kind thing to say and I appreciate your warm reply. You have a blessed day as well.

Truly,
_-_Nope_-_
Safety man

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

What's going on with the birds?

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Thanks. My friend is most fearful of some upcoming heart valve repair. I saw something someone posted on here some time back that has stuck with me.
You are in a room with the door shut and the dog is on the other side of the door. It knows not what is on the other side of the door but only that it's Master is in there and that is all that it needs or cares to know.
That is a dear quote that stuck with me also for years now. I try to think of it when things tend to overcome me.
What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.

Richard Bach

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I own should hopefully and eventually benefit my family when I'm gone. Right down to jewelry, my property, etc. I try to make investments that will grow, even with baubles and such. The Harley even appreciates over the years.. So even what I have now that I get enjoyment from, should also bring joy to those I love when I pass over.
I've lost everything I owned twice due to tragedies beyond my control. The first time was extremely hard, I didn't think mentally that I'd survive it. But I learned in time that it was all just 'stuff' and that my life was more important. Through the years, you accumulate more 'stuff' anyway. Adversity makes you so much stronger if you don't let it win in the end.
Anyone that's not seen hard times and extreme heartache yet, has NO way to know exactly how fortunate they are. They still take things for granted, but you really can't fault them for it. Are they simply very lucky people? Perhaps. But it does something to make you stronger when the badness falls and you overcome it and actually grow from the experience.
Been there several times also. So I know the pain it all causes. I have learned that none of those things matter any longer. What does not kill us makes us stronger, well I think I am finally strong enough..lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I should have said my friend "MaY" not have much longer for this world. I was trying to send comfort and help wipe out some fears.
I do pray all goes well with your friend. Here is one for you, dear AW.

You are goodness and mercy and compassion and understanding. You are peace and joy and light. You are forgiveness and patience, strength and courage, a helper in time of need, a comforter in time of sorrow, a healer in time of injury, a teacher in times of confusion. You are the
deepest wisdom and the highest truth; the greatest peace and the grandest love. You are these things. And in moments of your life you have known yourself as these things. Choose now to know yourself as these things always.

Neale Donald Walsch
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Mmmmmmmmm coffee. Why yes, I will have another pot of java.

The city of Gifu is a mix of old and modern unlike any place I've seen, but coffee ha, you could cut it with a knife and serve it like jello. Coffee is easy to find and all the hotels have it in the morning, but they just can't seem to master it.
conspiracy nonsense

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
@Sybil and anyone interested in vaccines and their modifications. Look up FUNVACS, which stands for Vaccine for religious fundamentalism, and how it can be used as a war weapon in the Middle East.(If they can use it there, what is to stop it being used here).
Another interesting thing that you may like is a video featuring Dr. Maurice Hilleman. Apparently, when the Salk vaccine was introduced in the 1950's, they were still using live virus to conquer polio. They discovered new viruses which were initially undetectable, but proceeded anyway. These viruses, possibly including a variation of the AIDS virus, may not have been inactivated and turned up in some of the seed stock (refers to the initial vaccine from which more vaccine was manufactured).
Another video that you might find interesting is the leaked Pentagon meetings related to vaccines. There was evidence that, when testing on rats, the test subjects developed cancer, but again that was ignored.
I'm not going into detail regarding these issues because those folks interested will research this information, and others may just scroll by.
bioengineering of virulent strains of viruses for biowarfare and depopulation is well known among microbiologists. Of course they want us to believe this is all crazy conspiracy nonsense (do you really think they would tell us the truth?) but it is all very real. There is a lot of evidence out there which suggests that AIDS was a bioengineered virus. To find out who is behind it, all you have to do is follow the money trail and ask who benefits from this. The ones who come up with the 'cure'(big Pharma) are the ones who benefit and that's why they are so busy developing more meds and vaccines which are actually just more poisons that create more health problems so they can create more poisons so they can perpetuate this never ending vicious cycle where the people get sicker and they get richer.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Looks like a busy day in here. I will put out fresh food for my little birdie friends. Have a nice day ya'll.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I should have said my friend "MaY" not have much longer for this world. I was trying to send comfort and help wipe out some fears.
Your friend is very fortunate to have YOU for a friend. Please tell her that I will keep her in my prayers. I have been where she is now on several occasions, and if the Lord has more work for her to do on this plane of existence, then all will be well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, everyone. It's a beautiful day with bright sunshine. Hope everyone slept well. Will stop in later.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

get a job wrote:
want me to watch your home while you are gone?
No, but thank-you just the same. My home is watched very well by 3 very large dogs outside that don't like strangers, and an inside dog in case our perimeter is breached.
Anyway, there's always one or two people home at the same time...just in case somebody thinks that this well-armed home is a target.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Good afternoon bird threaders. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday so far. Looks like a nice day out. Warming up real nice. I have only been out to feed the birds while coffee was brewing. I had to sleep in this morning. Out too late, dinner at Mark's Feed Store (love that place), on to a UK/anniversary party for drinks (I passed), more food, laughs, dancing and acting crazy because our Wildcats won,(played a good game), the DJ was one of the best I have seen since a wedding I attended 5/6 years ago. Just too much fun. I will have to rest today. I think I moved body parts I haven't moved in a while. hahaha I love to dance. It's been awhile. lol

Off to go read and catch up on the thread.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I watch Mash a couple times a week on TV Land. I saw Klinger recently in an old folks commercial, I think One Reverse Mortgage. My has he gotten old. Also the Fonz is doing those type commercials.
I love MASH. I love TV Land too. You are right, they all starting to show up on "baby boomers" related commercials. I have noticed it myself for awhile.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
and Arthur tells me it is time for me to take my leg to the heating pad. good Night folks.
Who's Arthur? Dog? haha
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Sorry about your friend Ancient Wolf. I am sure you ARE a comfort. I will add your friend to mine that I am praying for. Everyone should have a caring friend like you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's Arthur? Dog? haha
No, I think AW is referring to Arthur Itis. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

I know Arthur very well, indeed. He visits me every day, and stays all night, so that it is hard to get sleep. Arthur is very active, AW. How do we get rid of our mutual house guest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,761 - 69,780 of81,266
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min World History101 139,111
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min do whut 123,210
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 27 min LIbEralS 25,980
Mayor Thompson baby 33 min Funny 39
self refind 38 min lowrider 2
looking for free dog 1 hr looking for fred 9
Paradise Tan (May '09) 1 hr Flo Mcvey 76
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 9 hr LOL 47
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••