Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
69,701 - 69,720 of 81,601 Comments Last updated Yesterday

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#82887 Jan 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I had an opportunity last year to go to Daytona races and did not go. I have no interest at all in the other things they planned to do ie Mickey Mouse. Plus retirement does not leave enough $$ to waste on Mickey and Goofey.
I hear ya. I'd much rather have a new gun or something than to ride any teacups or see Goofy, Donald, Micky and Minny.. Not that my poor old bones could even handle the teacups anymore.

Talk to you all later.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#82886 Jan 19, 2013
I worked in Orlando and Merritt Island for about 18 years so nice to see some of the names of places I used to call home around the area. Unlike nope, I do like the Keys, especially the Marathon area. My parents still live just out of orlando and I have one brother in titusville fla. After being in Ky for so long I can do without all the traffic. I still know a lot of shortcuts during rush hour though which can come in handy.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82888 Jan 19, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
I worked in Orlando and Merritt Island for about 18 years so nice to see some of the names of places I used to call home around the area. Unlike nope, I do like the Keys, especially the Marathon area. My parents still live just out of orlando and I have one brother in titusville fla. After being in Ky for so long I can do without all the traffic. I still know a lot of shortcuts during rush hour though which can come in handy.
Garvice Kincaid founder of Central Bank in Lexington and Kentucky Finance Co. once owned a big resort Hotel in Marathon. I guess all those poor folks borrowing money made it possible.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#82889 Jan 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Garvice Kincaid founder of Central Bank in Lexington and Kentucky Finance Co. once owned a big resort Hotel in Marathon. I guess all those poor folks borrowing money made it possible.
Remember "Radar" off Mash? He runs a small fishing boat company out of Marathon mostly fishing the flats for the bones with flyrod.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82890 Jan 19, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember "Radar" off Mash? He runs a small fishing boat company out of Marathon mostly fishing the flats for the bones with flyrod.
I watch Mash a couple times a week on TV Land. I saw Klinger recently in an old folks commercial, I think One Reverse Mortgage. My has he gotten old. Also the Fonz is doing those type commercials.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82893 Jan 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, and after all the poor folks borrowed money that they couldn't afford to repay, the banks had a crisis of their own. But not to worry, they got bailed out and many mortgage borrowers were forgiven for the remainder of the debt. Of course they had to give up their homes, which made many unhappy. Those folks thought that they should be able to keep their homes as well as be forgiven for defaulting. That bank bailout and debt forgiveness was all done on the taxpayer's dime. Grrr Those of us who worked hard and settled for more modest shelter in order that they not be in default, received no reward, except perhaps the satisfaction of being honest and realistic about what they could pay.

Location hidden

#82894 Jan 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I watch Mash a couple times a week on TV Land. I saw Klinger recently in an old folks commercial, I think One Reverse Mortgage. My has he gotten old. Also the Fonz is doing those type commercials.
I wonder why they look so old??LOL I guess time waits for no one.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82896 Jan 19, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, and after all the poor folks borrowed money that they couldn't afford to repay, the banks had a crisis of their own. But not to worry, they got bailed out and many mortgage borrowers were forgiven for the remainder of the debt. Of course they had to give up their homes, which made many unhappy. Those folks thought that they should be able to keep their homes as well as be forgiven for defaulting. That bank bailout and debt forgiveness was all done on the taxpayer's dime. Grrr Those of us who worked hard and settled for more modest shelter in order that they not be in default, received no reward, except perhaps the satisfaction of being honest and realistic about what they could pay.
You are talking about the bigger lending institutions and I agree. My reference was simply about smaller local banking and personal finance company only operating in Kentucky. It had nothing to do with what you are discussing and they took no bail outs or did much mortgage lending. I only referenced them because I had friends that once worked for them.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82897 Jan 19, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why they look so old??LOL I guess time waits for no one.
And even the Six Million Dollar man is now selling hearing aids. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82898 Jan 19, 2013
chop chop got chopped LOL
W KY Girl

United States

#82899 Jan 19, 2013
Hello EVERYBODY. Looks like you're all having a good day except for Nope and her blackened brussels sprouts. hehe I love those things too! I like them cooked with crumbled up bacon - yum!

@Hempburn, glad to see you back. You had everybody worried! Next time please be sure to put in for a leave of absence. Going AWOL is just not acceptable! LOL Sounds like you had a really cool trip. Wish I had a friend with a jet...or a helicopter, or...:)

Location hidden

#82900 Jan 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
And even the Six Million Dollar man is now selling hearing aids. LOL
Now he really has bionic ears. LOL He really aged poorly, don't you think? Many of the "has been" actors are now selling something on t.v.

Location hidden

#82901 Jan 19, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
You can go AW, I'm taking over the ship. It's pootany on the Bounty. First duty as captian, it's shark feeding time. Nope & W KY goof Girl will walk the plank. I hope PETA don't find out about me abusing the sharks. Ahoy sharks eat em up.
You can find enough sharks on the internet.LOL

Location hidden

#82902 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I already knew that, AW!! And thank you, a certain someone has been giving me what he thinks is a hard way to go. Little does he realize the utter fool he's continuing to make of himself. As I see just now that it's continuing.
I figure that since everyone has a mental image of each other, I'd clear mine up. That's why I said if anyone else had any questions, that I'd be happy to answer them as long as my privacy didn't get invaded, hehe!! Not even the Watch Tower people knock on my door around here.
I'm WAY past the point of adjusting to someone else being under my roof. And I can only assume due to your happy posts, you are as well. I'm not interested in tipping the scales at this age. It's too nice to finally be able to do as I wish, when I wish. Things are quite comfortable right now and I've always been a pretty comfortable loner, even while IN a relationship. If that makes any sense??
I've wanted a fishing boat. Even thought about trading the Harley in on one at a certain point. But I don't know squat about boat motors. I'd get out there, possibly break down, and be afloat for a month before anyone realized I was MIA..
A little boat may be nice if you like lake fishing, but those big, fancy boats are money pits... Boating is even more expensive than "horsing around" which is more my speed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82903 Jan 19, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Now he really has bionic ears. LOL He really aged poorly, don't you think? Many of the "has been" actors are now selling something on t.v.
Yes, and most of those aged performers are selling products geared toward the older folks on channels such as TV Land that we older folks tend to watch. Pat Boone is even selling walk-in bath tubs. Targeted Marketing at it's best.(or worst).

Location hidden

#82904 Jan 19, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no sense in bing that way. I would love to go fishing with you. I'll even furnish the anchor and chain. I'll even let you keep the anchor and chain. No strings attached, just a chain.
Clever, but naughty, naughty. Can't you be nice for 2 days in a row??? LOL
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#82905 Jan 19, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
Hello EVERYBODY. Looks like you're all having a good day except for Nope and her blackened brussels sprouts. hehe I love those things too! I like them cooked with crumbled up bacon - yum!
@Hempburn, glad to see you back. You had everybody worried! Next time please be sure to put in for a leave of absence. Going AWOL is just not acceptable! LOL Sounds like you had a really cool trip. Wish I had a friend with a jet...or a helicopter, or...:)
Oh my, unacceptable awol, lol. My friend owns an 8 passenger jet and stays pretty busy flying out of Lex as home airport, including fuel and nine days in and about Gifu I spent about 2g, not bad at all. My new toy however,, ouch, ouuuch, lol.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82906 Jan 19, 2013
Happy Weekend all... Stay cozy..
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#82907 Jan 19, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
A little boat may be nice if you like lake fishing, but those big, fancy boats are money pits... Boating is even more expensive than "horsing around" which is more my speed.
A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into.
W KY Girl

United States

#82908 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi WKG! If you want a new firearm, my advise is to not wait for ANYTHING to settle down. This "crisis" is not going to go away like a bad fart under tight bed sheets.
If you want one, go get it and go get it now. Personally, I'd recommend a revolver because it doesn't look like there will be an issue involved with owning those any time in the near future.
(Of course I"m only assuming that as of right now though... Who knows what the months or years ahead might bring as far as our rights to bear arms for personal use)..
Hey there Nope. I'm glad you like that new gun. Sounds like a nice collection. I was going to buy a s&w 40 the other day and somebody beat me to it. Oh I wasn't talking about this ordeal with gun regulation being a crisis. It is a small family crisis that might cost me a little money. As soon as I get that ironed out I'll be shopping for another gun. I know of one I want but I'm afraid it will be long gone before I can get to it. They are going fast around here!
I sure am glad that we don't live somewhere like New York! I can't get over the new gun "laws" that their governor signed in the other day. This "grandfathering in" certain types of guns is a TOTAL TRICK if you ask me! Getting everybody to admit to what all they have is the first step. Then there will be another crisis come along then they are going to come knocking on our doors for what we admitted to having! I have got a bad feeling about all of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min swapnaa 151,374
Kentucky Fried Chicken 2 hr toenail eater 11
New club in Barbourville? 3 hr Little D 48
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 hr Democrat 1,782
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Khatru 130,575
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 hr Trucked on by 680
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 5 hr SLY WEST 3,496
Walmart Supercenter 9 hr Bigdaddy 6
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE