Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,484)

Showing posts 69,661 - 69,680 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
Good morning you sexy beast coffee cup, lay some of your sweet ebony taste on me.
Ok, looks like all is well in birdville, have a good one people.
So glad you are well... We were all so worried , you had crossed over. Well good day to you as well..

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>You are welcome AB. Everyone should know a refined lady's place is in a shopping mall. Lol.
I hate the mall! I am a kamikaze shopper---

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Leo

As the Son swings into your seventh house, the influence you exercise over other people occupies your mind. Do others see you as , forceful? Should you be married or living with someone, you will most likely assess your role in the union from a rather ego-centric viewpoint. Do you dominate your partner in crime, or is it the other way round? Does the partnership help, or impede your personal growth?
thoughts

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

politics.coffee.to signs.post wore out.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Una. Poor, poor Una. You're really getting pathetic here now..

My ex mother and law and I still talk frequently, as do my ex husband and I. We have managed to stay very good friends even though he's remarried. His wife is also very sweet lady and they're happy. Which means that I'm happy for them. They are a part of my family and they will continue to be, even though no children were involved. We've stayed in touch because there was NO reason NOT to.

Una, some people are able to be adult and kind toward each other after a split up. I have no trouble with anyone in my life other than the government and my fundamental rights being invaded. YOU, my dear, are nothing more than an annoying little gnat on the threads. And my life doesn't revolved around this web site, unlike yours seems to.

Have any of us ever heard of you talk about a hobby? A friend? Anything other than your supposed visits to church service on Sunday mornings? I haven't. And that's sad. Very sad.

Seems to be a hard trait for you to grasp, this being nice with people concept. Unless of course there is a something in it for you. AKA, this sudden switch to 'suck up' mode.

Why do you need to bully so badly? Why are the very people you hated two short months ago, suddenly your psychological buddies now? It's very transparent, dear.

Maybe the Lord will guide your preachers sermon tomorrow so you can be granted peace and a softening in your hard heart.. I've seen stranger happenings during church service where the pastor was lead to preach change the sermon suddenly and turn it toward something that a member needed badly to hear.....

Again, my power over you seems to really tip your apple cart. So much so that you can't leave me alone. Such childish comments coming from you make me honestly question your true age, or at least your mental state. Honestly, I don't understand that. It's also not worth wasting any of my time trying to figure it out..
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Great Day to all of you , hope it is a grand one. Got a date with a handsome young man ,,, see yall
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I like opininated women...but only if I agree with their opinion.
We know. lol But I like you anyway Sybil. We just have to agree to disagree on some things. Not all your post are farfetched. We argued about that for almost a year. Yet agree on a lot things.

Global Warming is Geo Engineered Using Chemtrails
Published on Jan 16, 2013

Rosalind Peterson is California President and Co-Founder of the Agriculture Defense Coalition (ADC). The ADC was formed in 2006, to protect agricultural from a wide variety of experimental weather

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I know a conrail when I see it and I still see CHEMtrail activity up here in the Louisville/Ft Knox area. Planes take off out of either place head in one direction and keep going, they don't pair up and criss cross the sky for hours leaving CHEMtrails. I know what I am looking at and have researched it extensely. You know, I shared it.

Have a sunshiny day Sybil.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with you right there, AB! I will NOT pay that much for one cup of coffee. I'm quite comfortable here, all my bills get paid and I have enough to purchase non-essentials whenever I want them, but I'm not "stinking rich" by any stretch of the imagination, hehe. I can't see throwing that kind of money away on one cup of coffee ever day like some people do.
My ex mother in law is hooked on Starbucks, bless her heart. Personally? I never saw the big deal. Like I said, one of these 'foo foo' coffees and I'm done. I'm already back to my regular cup... That "Heath Bar" stuff was just too heavy and sweet.
(I'll portion it out later today to see if it freezes well, HAHA)!
When I use to go TDY for years my coworkers would laugh because even though all that "per diem" was on someone else's dime I still shopped and ate pretty much like I was paying for it myself. I was partly, it was tax payers money. I never order expensive stuff while on a date, I just look "foo foo" (funny you should use that term, I have heard it many times when they find out I am NOT).

I have tasted Starbucks, but have never bought one or ordered one if someone else offered to buy. I would rather have drank the hotel room coffee. haha We stayed in some nice hotels and resorts in Miami, Chicago, DC, Vegas, etc. I loved it. It was ALWAYS great to get back home. Guess that is why retirement was so hard to get use to.

It amazes me how many of my friends have those different types of coffee flavoring creamers or flavored coffee. I just like my coffee to taste like coffee.:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I am thinking that Nope has peaked my interest if she is over age 50 and under age 70. LOL She lives in seclusion, likes westerns, dislikes Roseanne Barr, has feathered friends, dogs, seems opinionated and intelligent, has a pocket full of change but not rich LOL and won't waste good money on Starbucks. But most of all, she likes to go fishing.

Say Nope would you happen to have long dark hair and a natural look without all the superficial aids ? LOL I don't care if you are a bit chubby and the long dark hair won't get it if you look and dress like Cher. hehehe

My son just called and the chores are on now, so I will have to hit on you later. hehehe
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I could deal with the barefoot, just leave out the pregnant LOL and would just as soon that she did something other than the kitchen. Maybe mop the floor and make the beds. I am so tall and arthritic that both those chores don't go down well. I can stand straight up and lift with the best, but anything requiring bending over gets to my back.
I could too. Kicking off my shoes is the first thing I do and nothing takes you back to childhood like running through cool grass barefooted. I have my grown son and am done with the pregnant stage. lol

Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

Seriously? That comment is offensive? hahaha too funny. I will try to post anyway. lol (maybe it is the word "grass" haha)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

thoughts wrote:
politics.coffee.to signs.post wore out.
Not so or it wouldn't have almost 83,000 comments would it. You are welcome to join us or just move on. You will learn more and have interesting reading than most threads in your forum. Your choice. Have a nice day!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome AB. Everyone should know a refined lady's place is in a shopping mall. Lol.
:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I hear that, AB!! We were FAR from well of when I was growing up. It wasn't unusual for my dear Dad to work two jobs, and one part time job on the weekends at a gas station. We ate frugally. Sadly, I was a pretty sick child. Lot's of medical bills and my Mom and Dad didn't turn to food stamps and such. They paid their bills and Dad wanted Mom home with us, so he was willing to provide by working himself to half death for us.

I think it stuck with me. I don't buy steaks on a regular basis. Not only because I don't really care that much about eating meat, but because it's just outrageously over priced if you want something that won't make your jaws feel achy the next day from chewing so long that you can actually swallow it.

Same with everything else. I'm not a name brand clothing kind of woman. As long as it's comfortable and I feel pretty wearing it, I'm good to go and a happy little camper. What's on the brand label doesn't improve the attitude of who's on the inside of the garment.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Well, now that I am all caught up on the post it appears everyone disappeared. Guess I will too and go do something productive. Check back with you later. I am going to see how close to 50 degrees it is.

Enjoy your sun shiny day. Be back later before I go out for the night. Dinner, dancing, and ???:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I hear that, AB!! We were FAR from well of when I was growing up. It wasn't unusual for my dear Dad to work two jobs, and one part time job on the weekends at a gas station. We ate frugally. Sadly, I was a pretty sick child. Lot's of medical bills and my Mom and Dad didn't turn to food stamps and such. They paid their bills and Dad wanted Mom home with us, so he was willing to provide by working himself to half death for us.
I think it stuck with me. I don't buy steaks on a regular basis. Not only because I don't really care that much about eating meat, but because it's just outrageously over priced if you want something that won't make your jaws feel achy the next day from chewing so long that you can actually swallow it.
Same with everything else. I'm not a name brand clothing kind of woman. As long as it's comfortable and I feel pretty wearing it, I'm good to go and a happy little camper. What's on the brand label doesn't improve the attitude of who's on the inside of the garment.
Sounds like we are alot alike. I am the same way. I have something awesome with lots of compliments and my friend will have a name brand on that would of paid for 3 of my cheaper version. I am not a name brand foo foo clothes, makeup, or jewelry type a gal. I have nice things that were bought for me as gifts but nothing I would have bought myself.:)

I have spent my whole life with the Department of Defense. My Dad is buried in the Veteran's Cemetery along with my Mom now. I have only known Army life. Took me plenty of places, always had what I needed, as a child and grownup. I have been blessed.

I have steak at least 2-3 times a month. At least once is out at a steakhouse or restaurant like O'Charley's. I grill out all year round like Hempburn. I would choose pork over beef if I had to choose.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Okay, now I am off. Hope everyone has an enjoyable day!:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am thinking that Nope has peaked my interest if she is over age 50 and under age 70. LOL She lives in seclusion, likes westerns, dislikes Roseanne Barr, has feathered friends, dogs, seems opinionated and intelligent, has a pocket full of change but not rich LOL and won't waste good money on Starbucks. But most of all, she likes to go fishing.
Say Nope would you happen to have long dark hair and a natural look without all the superficial aids ? LOL I don't care if you are a bit chubby and the long dark hair won't get it if you look and dress like Cher. hehehe
My son just called and the chores are on now, so I will have to hit on you later. hehehe
I'm in my mid 50's. Actually, it's rather amazing to me that I made it there, lol.

And yes, I cherish my seclusion and the nature that's around here every day. It enriches my life. I have no use for the city unless it's for groceries or the doctor.

I do love westerns, but I also love a good old time horror flick.

Rosanne Barr can stay on her "nut farm", which from what I happened across on an AOL headline a while back, is where she makes her pennies nowadays.

I have more fishing gear than most men and get poked fun at over it quite regularly.
(Even by some other anglers who may pass by when I'm out fishing).

I've not bothered to wear makeup in a few years now. On rare occasions when I'm going out? Yeah, I'll make myself more glamorous if I'm in the mood to. No one seems to really notice when a woman wears makeup anyway, not unless she's made up like "Elvira", LOL.

I don't have long dark hair, but it's not gray and certainly not cut into a 'church lady' style either, ROFLMBO! It's below my shoulders and styled with light curls and waves. Now, years ago it was almost to my knees. But I'm too old for that mess any more, not to mention how hard it was to take care of.

I'm not a goddess, but I'm not a haggard old crow yet by any stretch of the imagination. I can still clean up pretty dang well, or so I'm told.
:)

Anything else anyone would like to ask, I'm an open book. Well, within reason and as long as my privacy isn't invaded, haha!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Oh. Almost forgot: I'd put a serious hurtin' on anyone who tried to hurt one of my critters. No second thoughts. Specially my four leggers.
Cally Da Man

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Uh oh ..next topic going too be ..Thousands aliens get discovered in work place!' lol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
When I use to go TDY for years my coworkers would laugh because even though all that "per diem" was on someone else's dime I still shopped and ate pretty much like I was paying for it myself. I was partly, it was tax payers money. I never order expensive stuff while on a date, I just look "foo foo" (funny you should use that term, I have heard it many times when they find out I am NOT).
I have tasted Starbucks, but have never bought one or ordered one if someone else offered to buy. I would rather have drank the hotel room coffee. haha We stayed in some nice hotels and resorts in Miami, Chicago, DC, Vegas, etc. I loved it. It was ALWAYS great to get back home. Guess that is why retirement was so hard to get use to.
It amazes me how many of my friends have those different types of coffee flavoring creamers or flavored coffee. I just like my coffee to taste like coffee.:)
What an amazing life it sounds like you've had!! I wish we could sit down some day and you could tell me about it!! I love listening to peoples life adventures. Guess that's why Topix got me hooked in like it did a few years back when I stumbled upon it.

Anyway, a dear friend of mine was also a "military brat".
(You know I don't mean that in a bad way, hehe).
She was born in Japan. They finally settled permanently in the States only after her Dad retired. Boy, the places she's been to and seen.

We used to meet after work and sip cold beers at our local watering hole back in the day and I loved listening to her talk about where all she'd been, what she's seen, etc. We've been friends for over 35 years now!
(Plus, I'm also one of those strange people who absolutely LOVE to look at other peoples photographs. Yeah, I know. I admitted that it's strange, haha. But the older the photos, even the more intriguing I find them to be)!

One thing she always said was how much a true friend meant to her. I guess due to always being uprooted so many times when she was growing up and never being able to make lasting friendships like normal children could.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,661 - 69,680 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min SNYB 128,057
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Nutz 144,998
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr Poles 26,170
Barbourville topix 5 hr Rumors 11
Re. Maggie Milles 6 hr Just Looking 1
Truddy 6 hr Just Looking 3
looking for a mini pot belly pig 7 hr Shy 3
KC Basketball Coach 7 hr Panther Fanz 71
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 8 hr onefoehim 390