Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
69,641 - 69,660 of 81,602 Comments Last updated 21 hrs ago
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82823 Jan 19, 2013
The best thing about cable is that TVLAND always provides something to watch. I love all those shows you mention Ancient Wolf. Watched them as a child with Mom and mostly Dad. Outlaw Josey Wales is my favorite Clint Eastwood movie as well. I love all his westerns. Dances With Wolves is my favorite Mel Gibson movie.

Well while everyone is off doing chores (I did all mine yesterday) I will surf the news and see what is happening across the globe today. I hope to get out later when it warms up a bit. It is suppose to be a springlike day. Love it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82824 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I don't get that TvLand channel. Wish I did. I so love the old shows. The ones these days aren't worth the electric it wastes to run the t.v.
I have a few household chores to do myself. Be back later.
And again, welcome back Hemp!!
I just got back from feeding and freeing the chickens and had left this thread up. I am not on cable tv, but living here in the boonies I have Dish Network packaged with internet and telephone.. one bill for all three. As for "mouthy" women, how did Roseanne Barr ever get on television? hehehe Welcome back Hemp. Now I am really gone.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82826 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
*Took a DUMP on you.
I gotta try harder to wake up here..........
Dudette, you are a dump.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82827 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Nope, I know a lot of my friends and sisters think I am crazy but I always pass on those flavored creamers. I just like my coffee to taste like coffee. The one I did try once was Hazel Nut. It wasn't too bad, but I really just like my Maxwell House plain. hahah Thanks anyway!:)
Good morning, Abeliever. Maxwell House coffee is a staple in our house as well. The only thing better is Dunkin Donut coffee, but it's way too expensive to enjoy on a regular basis...$9.00 per pound at Walmart. Yikes!!!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82828 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe mouthy wasn't exactly what I meant. Opinionated maybe would have been better. I had one who was looking for a mousey, quiet one I guess with no opinion of their own. I have never been bossy except to my son when he was younger maybe. lol
Good morning AB. I take it you dumped that young whipper snapper. It's probably for the best. He would have to have been on roller skates to keep up with an active classy lady like you anyway. You have no time for slackers.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82829 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
The best thing about cable is that TVLAND always provides something to watch. I love all those shows you mention Ancient Wolf. Watched them as a child with Mom and mostly Dad. Outlaw Josey Wales is my favorite Clint Eastwood movie as well. I love all his westerns. Dances With Wolves is my favorite Mel Gibson movie.
Well while everyone is off doing chores (I did all mine yesterday) I will surf the news and see what is happening across the globe today. I hope to get out later when it warms up a bit. It is suppose to be a springlike day. Love it.
Wrong... Dances with Wolves is Kevin Costner. My crush is "Stands with a Fist". I guess you could say she was opionated but not mouthy. LOL No more please, I do need to go. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82830 Jan 19, 2013
Good morning Uglylala. Nice to see you are up and able to take nourishment this morning. I have already seen several birds this morning. It looks like a lovely day in store.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82831 Jan 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong... Dances with Wolves is Kevin Costner. My crush is "Stands with a Fist". I guess you could say she was opionated but not mouthy. LOL No more please, I do need to go. LOL
Ye that weareth fig leaves must not dance among hungry goats ah.

The Rev. Dr. Carl Pathos.
Spititual Gynecologist

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#82832 Jan 19, 2013
LOL! That's the exact same thing I had to do first off! Went out to feed and free my featherheads, roflmbo!!

They ate, drank and then waddled out to the nearest sun spot. Comical buggers! I'm watching them through the window and now they're scraping at the frosted leaves and what little grass is left out there, looking for some kind of mystery vermin.. I doubt they'll find much out there. But they've had hot oatmeal again, with a few raisins, scratch and what was still sitting in the fridge of that leftover pork roast that I cut up for them. Bet they hate it when summer comes around and these warm morning breakfasts take a back seat to cracked corn, cold leftovers and scratch..

Their water bowl was frozen over this morning for only the third time so far this winter..

Oh, and the Rosanne Barr thing? Another great example of one that I could never tolerate for more than a couple of minutes at a time, whew. My dear Dad, God rest his soul, couldn't even sit in front of the television if "I Love Lucy" was on, hehe. He'd get up and leave the room, usually going down into his tool room to do a thing or two until well after the show was over... Guess I know now exactly how and why he felt like he did!!
:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82833 Jan 19, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Abeliever. Maxwell House coffee is a staple in our house as well. The only thing better is Dunkin Donut coffee, but it's way too expensive to enjoy on a regular basis...$9.00 per pound at Walmart. Yikes!!!
Good morning lala. I love my Maxwell House but will buy Folgers if it is cheaper. Dunkin donut coffee is good but I won't spend that kind of money on coffee, much like Starbucks. Please, I could buy a can of coffee for some of their prices. haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82834 Jan 19, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning AB. I take it you dumped that young whipper snapper. It's probably for the best. He would have to have been on roller skates to keep up with an active classy lady like you anyway. You have no time for slackers.
Yes, in a New York minute. I don't do well with those who are convinced women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen with no real opinions on anything of her own. Thanks for the compliment. I try. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82835 Jan 19, 2013
my son just called and the chores are delayed for a couple hours. Oh well, interesting morning on here. I like the Sav-a-Lot coffee in the red can. Can't remember the name, but right now I am on Dollar General coffee. last cup of a full pot that I made several hours ago. I don't care for any flavored stuff, but I do put some 2% milk in mine.
opinion

Richmond, KY

#82836 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in a New York minute. I don't do well with those who are convinced women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen with no real opinions on anything of her own. Thanks for the compliment. I try. lol
I like opininated women...but only if I agree with their opinion.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#82838 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning lala. I love my Maxwell House but will buy Folgers if it is cheaper. Dunkin donut coffee is good but I won't spend that kind of money on coffee, much like Starbucks. Please, I could buy a can of coffee for some of their prices. haha
Agree with you right there, AB! I will NOT pay that much for one cup of coffee. I'm quite comfortable here, all my bills get paid and I have enough to purchase non-essentials whenever I want them, but I'm not "stinking rich" by any stretch of the imagination, hehe. I can't see throwing that kind of money away on one cup of coffee ever day like some people do.

My ex mother in law is hooked on Starbucks, bless her heart. Personally? I never saw the big deal. Like I said, one of these 'foo foo' coffees and I'm done. I'm already back to my regular cup... That "Heath Bar" stuff was just too heavy and sweet.
(I'll portion it out later today to see if it freezes well, HAHA)!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82840 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I could deal with the barefoot, just leave out the pregnant LOL and would just as soon that she did something other than the kitchen. Maybe mop the floor and make the beds. I am so tall and arthritic that both those chores don't go down well. I can stand straight up and lift with the best, but anything requiring bending over gets to my back.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82841 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome AB. Everyone should know a refined lady's place is in a shopping mall. Lol.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82842 Jan 19, 2013
By having you as a daughter in law Nope, your ex mother in law is very fortunate, it's only Starbucks. It's a miracle she isn't hooked on Zannies and vodka. Lord help the poor soul.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82843 Jan 19, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
Good morning you sexy beast coffee cup, lay some of your sweet ebony taste on me.
Ok, looks like all is well in birdville, have a good one people.
So glad you are well... We were all so worried , you had crossed over. Well good day to you as well..

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#82844 Jan 19, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>You are welcome AB. Everyone should know a refined lady's place is in a shopping mall. Lol.
I hate the mall! I am a kamikaze shopper---

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#82845 Jan 19, 2013
Leo

As the Son swings into your seventh house, the influence you exercise over other people occupies your mind. Do others see you as , forceful? Should you be married or living with someone, you will most likely assess your role in the union from a rather ego-centric viewpoint. Do you dominate your partner in crime, or is it the other way round? Does the partnership help, or impede your personal growth?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min DITCH MITCH 151,498
fish for sale 7 min travis 9
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min Another Vet 2,139
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 31 min _Zoey_ 3,502
It must suck to be you 34 min Sister Mary 3
katherine mills murder trial starts tuesday the... (May '13) 35 min CCRider 10
knox board of ed raising taxes 48 min Panther Dad 12
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••