Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82809 Jan 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha It is not so much that some men can't handle some mouthy female, it is that they just don't need to when they too are self sufficient and the mouthy is more of a liability than an asset. The younger women are full of drama and responsibilities and the only asset some older women have is the one "setting" on the couch watching Dr. Phil or Oprah. LOL
I am not rushing out to increase my weaponry or ammo, I have plenty and have had for many years way before it became a crisis or a fad. I don't have to worry about small children being around or locked up in a gun cabinet, so they are all loaded and ready. What good is an empty chamber with the ammo tucked away in some drawer with the batteries to the remote controls and smoke detectors, curtain rod hangers, paper clips, nails, screws, and a plastic spoon you used to dipped up last years chili? LOL I don't have a concealed weapon permit, that is just a recorded document that you even have one. I would prefer to be judged by one man than to be carried away by 6.
Exactly AW. It isn't the point of handling or not handling mouthy women. The point is, you and I don't have to.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#82810 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE IN THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN, MISTER??
We were about to call out the mounted police on your butt.
The mounties are good but they would of had a long ride to find me in japan, lol, but it's darn good to be back home. Nice to see you still here too nope.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#82811 Jan 19, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. I am so happy to see Hempburn is alive and well and back with us. We missed you.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#82812 Jan 19, 2013
Well, it's certainly good to hear from you! And I'm glad you're back too! Everyone will be! We wondered if your PC took a dumb or if you had gotten ill. So how was your trip to Japan?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#82813 Jan 19, 2013
*Took a DUMP on you.

I gotta try harder to wake up here..........

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#82814 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Good morning bird threaders. I am so happy to see Hempburn is alive and well and back with us. We missed you.
G'mornin AB. Hope you slept well. Coffee is mighty tasty today!! Want a shot of "Heath Bar" International Creamer in yours?

I just found it at the grocery store last week and thought I'd give it a try. Not too bad, but one and I'll be done. It's a bit much...
Wonder if this stuff freezes well... Hmmmmm.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82815 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I scrolled through and found "The Rifleman" on AMC a little bit ago. After that, "The Alamo" is on. I can watch John Wayne any day of the week, hehe. Used to watch The Rifleman with my beloved Dad when I was a kid along with "Combat", "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", "McHales Navy", "Bonanza", etc. So many good shows back then that we used to watch together that I've can't recall them all this morning. I'm only on cup one of Dollar General Java.... Good memories though.
I agree. I don't care for "American's Idle" or "Dancing with the Idiots". I saw 3 minutes of Honey Boo Boo and that was enough. I get Gunsmoke and Bonanza on a daily basis on TV Land. On Saturdays on INSP; I get Big Valley, High Chapparel, and The Virginian. My favorite Eastwood movie is "The Outlaw Josie Wales" and I am a glutton for "Dances with Wolves" lol

Last night, I was watching the History Channel's synopsis on Presidents. It gave a 30 minute segment on each of the 20th century's Presidents and said that Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, and George W. Bush all used wars abroad to stifle individual freedoms at home and that people would give up freedoms for security. They gave the highest honors to Calvin Coolidge and Lyndon Johnson saying his overbearing personality accomplished more for the Civil Rights movements than what would have been if JFK survived, but then we would never know about that. It did say that Johnson even being from Texas, pushed through that equality included all Americans and he could not have done it without being so overbearing. It said he was an "up in the face" person with Congress and came out of some meetings covered in blood, sweat, and tears.

Off to do chores, may everyone have a good day.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#82816 Jan 19, 2013
I don't get that TvLand channel. Wish I did. I so love the old shows. The ones these days aren't worth the electric it wastes to run the t.v.

I have a few household chores to do myself. Be back later.

And again, welcome back Hemp!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82817 Jan 19, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly AW. It isn't the point of handling or not handling mouthy women. The point is, you and I don't have to.
To clarify before I go, I do like some older women. I just dont need or want the mouthy ones. Good conversation is always a plus, but "bossy" is easily avoided. LOL
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#82818 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
G'mornin AB. Hope you slept well. Coffee is mighty tasty today!! Want a shot of "Heath Bar" International Creamer in yours?
I just found it at the grocery store last week and thought I'd give it a try. Not too bad, but one and I'll be done. It's a bit much...
Wonder if this stuff freezes well... Hmmmmm.
Good morning Nope, I know a lot of my friends and sisters think I am crazy but I always pass on those flavored creamers. I just like my coffee to taste like coffee. The one I did try once was Hazel Nut. It wasn't too bad, but I really just like my Maxwell House plain. hahah Thanks anyway!:)
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#82820 Jan 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify before I go, I do like some older women. I just dont need or want the mouthy ones. Good conversation is always a plus, but "bossy" is easily avoided. LOL
Maybe mouthy wasn't exactly what I meant. Opinionated maybe would have been better. I had one who was looking for a mousey, quiet one I guess with no opinion of their own. I have never been bossy except to my son when he was younger maybe. lol

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82821 Jan 19, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
Good morning you sexy beast coffee cup, lay some of your sweet ebony taste on me.
Ok, looks like all is well in birdville, have a good one people.
There you are!!!!Missed you and worried about what happened to you. Glad you checked in. Your fellow coffee lover, Lala

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82822 Jan 19, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
The mounties are good but they would of had a long ride to find me in japan, lol, but it's darn good to be back home. Nice to see you still here too nope.
Humpaburn!!! You're alive and well. I was worried fartless about you, well almost fartless. AB and I have missed your daily reports. Fill us in on your adventures when the wife gives you a break and a puppy report please.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#82823 Jan 19, 2013
The best thing about cable is that TVLAND always provides something to watch. I love all those shows you mention Ancient Wolf. Watched them as a child with Mom and mostly Dad. Outlaw Josey Wales is my favorite Clint Eastwood movie as well. I love all his westerns. Dances With Wolves is my favorite Mel Gibson movie.

Well while everyone is off doing chores (I did all mine yesterday) I will surf the news and see what is happening across the globe today. I hope to get out later when it warms up a bit. It is suppose to be a springlike day. Love it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82824 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I don't get that TvLand channel. Wish I did. I so love the old shows. The ones these days aren't worth the electric it wastes to run the t.v.
I have a few household chores to do myself. Be back later.
And again, welcome back Hemp!!
I just got back from feeding and freeing the chickens and had left this thread up. I am not on cable tv, but living here in the boonies I have Dish Network packaged with internet and telephone.. one bill for all three. As for "mouthy" women, how did Roseanne Barr ever get on television? hehehe Welcome back Hemp. Now I am really gone.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82826 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
*Took a DUMP on you.
I gotta try harder to wake up here..........
Dudette, you are a dump.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82827 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Nope, I know a lot of my friends and sisters think I am crazy but I always pass on those flavored creamers. I just like my coffee to taste like coffee. The one I did try once was Hazel Nut. It wasn't too bad, but I really just like my Maxwell House plain. hahah Thanks anyway!:)
Good morning, Abeliever. Maxwell House coffee is a staple in our house as well. The only thing better is Dunkin Donut coffee, but it's way too expensive to enjoy on a regular basis...$9.00 per pound at Walmart. Yikes!!!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82828 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe mouthy wasn't exactly what I meant. Opinionated maybe would have been better. I had one who was looking for a mousey, quiet one I guess with no opinion of their own. I have never been bossy except to my son when he was younger maybe. lol
Good morning AB. I take it you dumped that young whipper snapper. It's probably for the best. He would have to have been on roller skates to keep up with an active classy lady like you anyway. You have no time for slackers.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82829 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
The best thing about cable is that TVLAND always provides something to watch. I love all those shows you mention Ancient Wolf. Watched them as a child with Mom and mostly Dad. Outlaw Josey Wales is my favorite Clint Eastwood movie as well. I love all his westerns. Dances With Wolves is my favorite Mel Gibson movie.
Well while everyone is off doing chores (I did all mine yesterday) I will surf the news and see what is happening across the globe today. I hope to get out later when it warms up a bit. It is suppose to be a springlike day. Love it.
Wrong... Dances with Wolves is Kevin Costner. My crush is "Stands with a Fist". I guess you could say she was opionated but not mouthy. LOL No more please, I do need to go. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82830 Jan 19, 2013
Good morning Uglylala. Nice to see you are up and able to take nourishment this morning. I have already seen several birds this morning. It looks like a lovely day in store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min ChromiuMan 156,621
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 1 hr a sad fact 178
Knox Schools 1 hr teacher 10
Mikey Bruner 2 hr biker 36
Is Donrick Blevins OK? 3 hr Sam 14
Are you people really Adults? 5 hr Meh 3
Reward!!! For turning in drug dealers. (Jan '11) 5 hr Pfft 207
Listen up people 14 hr humm 7

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages