Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
W KY Girl

Barrington, IL

#82566 Jan 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That cold wind does have a bite to it that got my arthritis to acting up when I went to take care of the chickens, but I came came back in and got the stove all cranked up and came to my PC by the window and the Good Lord blessed me with a herd of deer that came along and made me forget out my aching. They are still out there munching where I had my corn planted last year and left some things just for them. Beautiful to watch. I suppose if things got really bad, I could eat one but not as long as I get a few dollars and can still make it to the store. I can't imagine anyone killing the Creator's critters just for sport.
I don't like killing just for sport either. I'd rather shoot critters with my Kodak! They do have a program in KY ("Hunters for the Hungry") where those deer hunters who do hunt just for the sport of it donate their deer and the meat is given to those who need it.
http://www.huntersforhungry.org/default2.asp...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82567 Jan 17, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a sad odd happening AB. On a lighter note, I'm glad now that AW took Dog's drivers license with his unusual experience with Dog and his truck, at the bait shop parking lot. Hilarious. Lol.
Today must be dog news, I seen this one too, too funny.

Crafty three-legged dog swipes sausages from grocery store

Don't let his cute face or the fact that he only has three legs fool you: This dog, named Oscar, has a shoplifting habit. Oscar was caught on a New Zealand store's security camera casually walking out with a sausage clutched in his jaws. Locals say Oscar's owners were having another family watch the dog while they were out of town, but they didn't have fences capable of containing this hungry bandit. Fortunately for Oscar, store owner Esmay Hay is laughing about the incident rather than pressing charges. As she puts it, Oscar "wouldn't have a leg to stand on" in court.

http://now.msn.com/three-legged-dog-named-osc...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82568 Jan 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That cold wind does have a bite to it that got my arthritis to acting up when I went to take care of the chickens, but I came came back in and got the stove all cranked up and came to my PC by the window and the Good Lord blessed me with a herd of deer that came along and made me forget out my aching. They are still out there munching where I had my corn planted last year and left some things just for them. Beautiful to watch. I suppose if things got really bad, I could eat one but not as long as I get a few dollars and can still make it to the store. I can't imagine anyone killing the Creator's critters just for sport.
I agree 100%. You are lucky AW. They know they are safe in your little piece of Heaven therefore they give you joy in watching them. They are beautiful. I don't know how anyone could kill them unless they were starving to death and had no choice.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82569 Jan 17, 2013
Here's another one (these were all on my msm homepage. This is not very challenging though cute. Like a Waldo page. Still they are cute.

Spot the stealth pup hiding in these 23 photos

Grab your spectacles, readers. We've got a Border collie to find. This awesome "Find Momo" project by visual artist Andrew Knapp has the nostalgic coolness of "Where's Waldo" but with a dog lover's twist. Hidden within each Instagram picture is a glimpse of Momo, Knapp's adorably stealth pup from Ontario, Canada, with black-and-white fur and an obvious knack for self-concealment. Knapp says he didnít even start out setting the scenes up. The two would go on treks and Momo would simply disappear into the landscape. Now, if we could just get him a doggie-sized red and white sweater.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/andrew-knapp-wheres-wally-...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82570 Jan 17, 2013
What would Hell do without Youtube? For all those trying to use telephones for computers. I've heard those folks can't see the judge it's. Oh well, I guess that's what they get for trying to get a telephone to do a computers job. Kind of like sending a boy to do a mans job. Kind of odd but one poster in W KY, all of their post get from 2 to 3 clueless, nuts and spam, judge it icons everytime.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82571 Jan 17, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Today must be dog news, I seen this one too, too funny.
Crafty three-legged dog swipes sausages from grocery store
Don't let his cute face or the fact that he only has three legs fool you: This dog, named Oscar, has a shoplifting habit. Oscar was caught on a New Zealand store's security camera casually walking out with a sausage clutched in his jaws. Locals say Oscar's owners were having another family watch the dog while they were out of town, but they didn't have fences capable of containing this hungry bandit. Fortunately for Oscar, store owner Esmay Hay is laughing about the incident rather than pressing charges. As she puts it, Oscar "wouldn't have a leg to stand on" in court.
http://now.msn.com/three-legged-dog-named-osc...
I used to walk around like that sometimes. I didn't swipe sausage though, I thought walking around on one was enough. Hehehe.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82573 Jan 17, 2013
'Dear Abby' columnist Pauline Phillips dies

Pauline Phillips was better known as "Dear Abby," the advice columnist who helped thousands.
Beloved advice guru Dear Abby has died at the age of 94.

http://news.msn.com/obits/pauline-phillips-de...

RIP Dear Abby, an American icon

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82574 Jan 17, 2013
Nigeria? LMAO. Scam capital of the world. Dang I need to get some folks signed up to help me get all of my diamonds into the United States and share my fortune with them. Hurry folks when I get them cashed in for billions, you will only have ten thousand invested. Only a few spots left.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#82575 Jan 17, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to tell you Roaming, but the hurting doesn't improve with age. It becomes eaiser to pick out spots that don't hurt though. Lol.
You got that right. Fibromyalgia OH how I hate it!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82576 Jan 17, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Nigeria? LMAO. Scam capital of the world. Dang I need to get some folks signed up to help me get all of my diamonds into the United States and share my fortune with them. Hurry folks when I get them cashed in for billions, you will only have ten thousand invested. Only a few spots left.
What was that ...the post removed? I missed it. hahaha

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82577 Jan 17, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like killing just for sport either. I'd rather shoot critters with my Kodak! They do have a program in KY ("Hunters for the Hungry") where those deer hunters who do hunt just for the sport of it donate their deer and the meat is given to those who need it.
http://www.huntersforhungry.org/default2.asp...
that is a great thing and some good folks do it ..
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82578 Jan 17, 2013
I am busting a gut laughing at all the dog stories on my home page. Must be a slow news day. I promise this is the last one. Just too funny not to post. Lala and AW could get the dogs to talk tree time on skype. hahaha

Two Dogs Talk On Skype
http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82579 Jan 17, 2013
Couple earthquakes, one in the Madrid Fault area:

Hayward, Missouri
Magnitude: 1.6

Spencer, Oklahoma
Magnitude: 2.6

Lots of epidemic hazard symbols on the map...flu, measles, and chicken pox
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

The fish death entry on the map I posted yesterday is a news story today. How sad. I would freak if I came up on this:

Tens of thousands of dead fish wash ashore on South Carolina beach

Thousands of dead fish washed up on mile and a half stretch of beach in South Carolina Tuesday, officials said, at least the second such occurrence in the region in a week.

Roughly 30,000 to 40,000 menhaden fish, 6 to 8 inches long, were spread along the shore from DeBordieu Beach in Georgetown County, S.C., to Pawleys Island, a town on the state's Atlantic Coast, and thousands more were expected, Pawleys Island Police Chief Michael Fanning said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/17/16...

Okay, off to do a few errands and soak in a little sunshine. I hope you all have a great afternoon.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82580 Jan 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not want to go there. If you think you have experienced culture shock here, you would be in for a rude awakening there among a very "clannish" peoples that would not accept an "outsider", especially one formerly from Mass. LOL
That clannishness is a direct heritage from their Scotch-Irish background that largely developed from County Armargh, Ireland.
Well, my hubby is Irish, wonder if that would count. LOL I'm Russian, but I have been able to fit in pretty much anywhere I've been, probably because I don't act "uppity" as my neighbor says.
I have developed a weird accent, though. It's sort of a blend of Ma. and Ky country...after having been here for 15 years.

Location hidden

#82581 Jan 17, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is something how loyal and true dogs can be. Lots of stories out there about them doing just that. I wonder how many people think to prepare for the care of their trusted friends if something happens to them. Something to think about.
I am glad to see the sun shining bright, at least it LOOKS warm through the window. hahaha
I did for my horses, LOL I knew that the old horse that I recently put down, and the little guy's pony would have trouble finding a home. So I put them in my will with a stipend for their care and or euthanasia, should it be necessary if I predecease them. Luckily, I was able to keep my old horse until it was time for him to cross the "Rainbow Bridge.:

Location hidden

#82582 Jan 17, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Nigerians tried to run a scam on me. It was so unbelievable that I couldn't see how anyone could get caught up in one, but apparently, people do.

Location hidden

#82583 Jan 17, 2013
healthy warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't have to patronize me either, what you accuse me of is exactly what you do yourself, maybe that's why you are so sensitive to it. "Our earlier post" happen to be my posts as well and if you recall I was mostly responsible for getting these "ad nauseum" subjects out there for discussion to begin with and you are just a follower and a supportive researcher that helped to confirm a lot of what I was saying. So you need to really quit trying to be condescending when you respond to me, it doesn't work with me and I will give it right back to you. Sick to presenting your detailed supportive research, you are good at that. You should also know by now I don't care to offend anyone on here, I'm kinda known for that anyway and I like it that way ; )
No harm meant. I just thought that you were a new poster looking for information. I never intend to insult anyone, and if you took it that way, please accept my apology. I often don't remember the names of people who posted long ago, and drop in infrequently now.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82584 Jan 17, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that ...the post removed? I missed it. hahaha
It's still there AB, it's on the page before this one.#82564. I bet some of those Nigerians cold tell several testamonies. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82585 Jan 17, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Nigerians tried to run a scam on me. It was so unbelievable that I couldn't see how anyone could get caught up in one, but apparently, people do.
It is unbelievable Lala. I think some people only see the big dollar signs and lose any sense they might have.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82586 Jan 17, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
No harm meant. I just thought that you were a new poster looking for information. I never intend to insult anyone, and if you took it that way, please accept my apology. I often don't remember the names of people who posted long ago, and drop in infrequently now.
Lala, Sybil uses so many names and expects everyone to know who he is. Don't pay any attention to that nut. Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 12 min user 12
German shepard 2 hr doggy 2
Porsche mills 2 hr sad days 25
barbourville affordabe funeral home (Oct '08) 4 hr someone who knows 109
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 5 hr Junes son Jeff Va... 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr havent forgotten 131,904
terry smith from the creek 9 hr wondering 4
To the Garland family 12 hr Friend 5
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... Fri Get a life 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Fri billy 183
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night