Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,471)

Showing posts 69,401 - 69,420 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Good morning, everyone, especially AW who is awake at this hour. Good grief, I have a stray horse in my yard. Called my neighbor, but it doesn't look like one of theirs. This is the second time that this happened to me. The last time, I corralled the critter and put it in my front paddock, hoping someone would go by and know who it belonged to. That critter stayed until the owner finally came... two months later. In the meantime, I had the hungry critter eating up all my hay and grain. Grrrrr.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Hellbilly wrote:
If you really want to be freaked out check out how many earthquakes occur in the Ozark Arkansas area.
Lesson to the preppers: do not bug out to the Ozark area. The safest place to be, according to my research is West Virginia, on the eastern Ky. border.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Lesson to the preppers: do not bug out to the Ozark area. The safest place to be, according to my research is West Virginia, on the eastern Ky. border.
But it was not the safest for Devil Anse Hatfield or SelKirk McCoy. LOL
lol

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Good one
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not want to go there. If you think you have experienced culture shock here, you would be in for a rude awakening there among a very "clannish" peoples that would not accept an "outsider", especially one formerly from Mass. LOL

That clannishness is a direct heritage from their Scotch-Irish background that largely developed from County Armargh, Ireland.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks think Harlan Ky is Heaven. MY maternal granny thought so.
i promise you , you will be better invited into those homes than alot of rich peoples. some of the kindness people there in the world, although , yes they will shot you if you do them wrong , but hey want we all...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

@ Lala..In 1611 (the same time as the King James authorized Version of the Bible), in an effort to stem the growth of Catholicism, the King sent many Scots to immigrate to Ireland. These were hated by the true Irish with the feeling they were taking over, much like the current feelings of being threatened by illegal aliens.

These became known as the Scotch-Irish and many further migrated to America settling in Pa., W. Va. and Eastern Ky. The clannishness is a direct heritage dating back to that era as well as the continuing struggle in Ireland between the Catholics and the Protestants.

These are good peoples that will give the shirt off their back to a friend, but not hesitate to take action against someone otherwise. They are largely industrial and less agriculture and many have migrated to the Detroit auto industry and are Ohio's "Briars".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

unspoken heart wrote:
<quoted text>i promise you , you will be better invited into those homes than alot of rich peoples. some of the kindness people there in the world, although , yes they will shot you if you do them wrong , but hey want we all...
Exactly.. these are my people on the Paternal side and I can trace my ancestry back to a Scotch-Irish immigrant that came to America and died some 33 years prior to the American Revolution.

Maternal side is also Scotch-Irish from Eastern Kentucky blended with Cherokee out of North Carolina.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
But it was not the safest for Devil Anse Hatfield or SelKirk McCoy. LOL
Isn't that true. There are Hatfields and McCoys living in Marion County. They must have called a truce. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that true. There are Hatfields and McCoys living in Marion County. They must have called a truce. LOL
They did and not long ago their descendants held a joint family reunion.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Good morning folks. I'm a little late getting here, so much fan mail to answer on other topics. Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Good morning folks. I'm a little late getting here, so much fan mail to answer on other topics. Lol.
Godd Morning. It is tough being so popular. That is why I have to get up early. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

It is simply amazing the things that can be learned here. Yesterday it was reported that Hell was deep in the earth. I already knew that because I had heard it on Youtube. You folks know, Youtube the place that knows everything. It seems that these Russians were drilling a hole in Siberia and accidentally on purpose dropped a microphone into this hole, they heard folks in Hell screamin'. I think this microphone had a million mile long cord on it and found Hell just before it got to China.

They warned folks not to listen to it if they were skeerdy cats. Well I listened anyway. I immediately pooped my underoos right there and "accepted" Jesus at the same time. Look out folks, the best I can tell a volcano reaches down to Hell and has belched up Stalin and Hitler. They are on the bird topic sometimes, putting out more propaganda than Taliban radio.
HMM

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Really! Fan Mail!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Godd Morning. It is tough being so popular. That is why I have to get up early. LOL
I know AW, it's not easy sometimes. Some of us just have to bear the burden, I suppose. Sigh!

Since: Nov 08

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see that anything was placed before God. Go tell it to Charles Taze Russell, he invented your pathetic doctrine. statist??? When you folks come by here with your three year old literature, I just tell them to hurry on down the street and invite someone else to go to hell with them.
Charles Taze Russell did not invent the JW doctrine. The JWs have rejected the good tidings of great joy that will for all the people that Brother Russell preached, and replaced it with an Armageddon message of bad tidings of the great woe of eternal destruction for most of the people (including their children) of the nations if they do not join their alleged "visible organization of Jehovah." Russell preached against such a message.

http://ctr.reslight.net/...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

HMM wrote:
Really! Fan Mail!
No doodie.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

For all the dog lovers out there. This story is so sweet and sad. AW, you will like this one.

Loyal dog continues to attend mass at church where owner’s funeral was held

A loyal dog whose owner died late last year has apparently been showing up for mass every day for the last two months at the church where the funeral was held.

Tommy, a 7-year-old German Shepherd, used to accompany his owner, Maria Margherita Lochi, to services at Santa Maria Assunta church in San Donaci, Italy, according to the Daily Mail, and was allowed to sit at her feet.

After Lochi died, the dog "joined mourners at her funeral service" according to locals and "followed after Maria's coffin" as it was carried into the church.

Tommy, a stray who was adopted by Lochi, has been showing up "when the bell rings out to mark the beginning of services" ever since.

"He's there every time I celebrate Mass and is very well behaved," Father Donato Panna told the paper. "He doesn't make a sound."

None of the other parishoners have complained, Panna said, and villagers give the dog food and water and allow him to sleep nearby.

"I've not heard one bark from him in all the time he has been coming in," Panna added. "He waits patiently by the side of the altar and just sits there quietly. I didn't have the heart to throw him out—I've just recently lost my own dog so I leave him there until mass finishes and then I let him out."

Examples of this type of over-the-top canine loyalty are incredibly common.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/loyal-do...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

ResLight wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles Taze Russell did not invent the JW doctrine. The JWs have rejected the good tidings of great joy that will for all the people that Brother Russell preached, and replaced it with an Armageddon message of bad tidings of the great woe of eternal destruction for most of the people (including their children) of the nations if they do not join their alleged "visible organization of Jehovah." Russell preached against such a message.
http://ctr.reslight.net/...
Oh yes he founded the Watchtower Society. Charles T. Russell preached heretical doctrine. The Jehovahs Witnesses took his heresies and made changes to the false doctrines as they proved themselves to be wrong. And dang it, they still don't have it right. The Jehovah's Witnesses changed their doctrine of only 144,000 being in heaven, when they finally realized their number already exceeded that. All the would have done was read where the Apostle John stated, he saw a multitude that no man could number. That entire religious system is heresy. That was just one example, I won't even go into the rest. People can research it for themselves.

A really sick bunch. They have had the door slammed in their face so much, they are sending children to the door with three year old garbage they need to toss into the trash can themselves.

I saw this happen last summer on one of the hottest days of the year. They had a child out doing their dirty work while the rode their sorry hind ends around in a air conditioned van. Nothing pisses me off anymore than child abuse. A freakin' cult is what it is.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Hadn't heard anything about this, but apparently they have in LA:

Bat-killing fungus found at Kentucky's Mammoth Cave National Park

White-nose syndrome is found in a bat in a smaller cave. The park service will continue giving tours of Mammoth Cave.

A fungus that has killed roughly 6 million bats in North America and Canada has now been found for the first time in Kentucky's Mammoth Cave National Park, federal authorities announced Wednesday.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-bats-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,401 - 69,420 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Mike Duquette 122,940
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min wtf 138,824
Citys easter Egg hunt what a Joke !!!!!! 1 hr Bobtail 13
Barbourville Street Dept truck at Ernies Liquor... 1 hr Bobtail 2
Guss need a hug 1 hr Scat 17
Barbourville Street Dept truck at Ernies Liquor... 1 hr Outraged 1
What Say You? 3 hr Truth 1
Corey vs. Collins 6 hr Bobtail 65
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters