Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,468)

Showing posts 69,341 - 69,360 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Oh, and for the record, he said that they aren't able to give a reason WHY someone is denied when it does happen. He said that info isn't relayed to them. Odd, but I guess it makes sense to a certain degree. Specifically if someone was on any type of medication for mental illness. Who knows.
Like I said, it's a new one on me...

I guess I should have asked HOW a person would find out what might block them so I could tell everyone here, but I was just too happy to get this mess settled.

No problem now as far as I'm concerned. As if there should have been one before.... Next time I go to make a purchase, I'll go into it knowing full well that there might be another "delay".
EndofDays

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

BoomBoom wrote:
The unsolved mystery of the booms are now being heard around the world. Don't care about your government conspiracy theories just wondering how far ranging this is. In Western KY today they are occurring at a rate of once every 5 to 15 minutes. The best guess I've read is the solar eruption that occurred a year ago is at its peak hitting earth and bending the atmosphere causing a sonic boom.
The Booms can be heard in Paducah, KY. Been going on since late summer. Search the net there are reports from all over the east coast area. USGS say they have no clue.
Kitkat

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Really?
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Dang, it's cold out there.. Made me even MORE perturbed about having to leave my nice warm house. But it was a wise move to do it live and in person. I have reasonably taken care of the situation...
So, here's the skinny:
I was put on a "delay" list. NOT a "don't sell to" list.
Whoever this little guy was that called my info in while I waited patiently for what I assumed would be the usual and expected okay, but then proceeded to inform me that they couldn't sell to me and ultimately couldn't give me a reason why??? Well, let's just say he's earned himself some additional "on the job training" and let's just leave it at that..
I'm not mad any more. But I'm still perturbed about the whole mess. If 'someone' had been more educated about their job duties, I would have been able to avoid all of this nonsense.
(I wasn't as mad when I LEFT there yesterday as I was after I had all of last night and this morning to stew over it. To be honest, I was more worried about the WHY reasoning behind it until my temper flared later on)..
Anyway I found the same pistol, put a chunk of change down on it because this "delay" means that I had to leave a deposit so they'd hold it, and then I can pick it up in a couple of days.
The assistant manager at the gun shop told me not to worry about this wait period, aka the "delay" list, and told me that it's happening to a lot of people right now. Particularly with the upsurge in gun purchases in the last month or so. I asked him if they'd had many people getting pissed off at about this "delay". He nodded and said "Yep".
(We both dropped it at that)...
I still don't know EXACTLY why I'm even on any kind of a "delay" list, but I may have an idea..
And here it is:
I let an old friend come here to stay with me last year for about 4 months while she tried to get back on her feet for what's about the umpteenth time now.. I don't like to kick people when they're down even if they are habitual "falling downers". So to make a long story short, I offered to give her a place to stay for a predetermined length of time.. She put in a change of address while she was here, using mine. I got to thinking about it on the way up to the gun shop and remembered that she's a convicted felon. Yes, tried, convicted and time served, but still a felon. And I had forgotten about it up until today... It didn't dawn on me until then that this might have me pegged some how.
IF they're watching people just because of who we know personally, we're ALL doomed. Well, at least I know I am.
So I'm about certain that this may very well be the reason why I was placed on a list because nothing else makes any sense. I've been clean as a whistle much too long by now for it to have been anything I did myself.. I don't even think I've downed the Prez via the internet, no matter how badly I've wanted to. I try to watch what I say about "certain things" on-line. You just never know who's watching.....
So I guess this is the way it's gonna be from here on out. Or at least until the government realizes that I'm not harboring any fugitives from the law around here, lol.
Anyway, in a few days I get my new gun. Done deal. All is good as far as I'm concerned.
not to worry,know for fact that when the check calls are backed up your automaticly put on the hold list which takes usually three working days.i had same ordeal.plus i know a couple of gun dealers well.but it is aggrevating,because i want mine right now.also i think its none of the're buisiness how many or what kinds of guns i own,buy,or sell.what about fishing poles ? can they be high capacity spools on my reeels ?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Just hanging out.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha...always a different, but correct slant on things. I hope it doesn't regress to the "UGG" stage. Wild west sounds more interesting.
What's with the peanut??Can't you detect the note of sarcasm that I was trying to convey? LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

rapid fire wrote:
<quoted text>not to worry,know for fact that when the check calls are backed up your automaticly put on the hold list which takes usually three working days.i had same ordeal.plus i know a couple of gun dealers well.but it is aggrevating,because i want mine right now.also i think its none of the're buisiness how many or what kinds of guns i own,buy,or sell.what about fishing poles ? can they be high capacity spools on my reeels ?
Watch about high capacity on your reels.LOL. And Una had better watch about the high capacity methane he is releasing. Gov. might consider it a weapon of"mess" destruction. Poison gas. LOL Notice that I include the LOL. Sometimes people take me too seriously and don't catch the sarcasm or irony I respond with. So I add the juvenile LOL lots of time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Can anyone tell me the answer to this. Is there currently a paper trail when you buy a gun, to keep track of how many you may have? After checking the individual, is there a record of sale with the purchaser's name kept on file.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

One of Obama's regulations that bothers me is that physicians may ask their patients if they own or have access to guns, then report this to the government. The government does not have the right to petition a citizen (doctor) to report another. That is in direct violation of present law (HIPPA), which has been enacted for several years now. It stands for health insurance portability act, which is a privacy law.At the present time, health information cannot be released without the patient's written permission. You are notified of this, and sign an acknowledgement when you go to a doctor for the first time.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
What's with the peanut??Can't you detect the note of sarcasm that I was trying to convey? LOL
I get peanuts and x's a lot. Don't worry.
as if

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

seriously its a hoax
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
One of Obama's regulations that bothers me is that physicians may ask their patients if they own or have access to guns, then report this to the government. The government does not have the right to petition a citizen (doctor) to report another. That is in direct violation of present law (HIPPA), which has been enacted for several years now. It stands for health insurance portability act, which is a privacy law.At the present time, health information cannot be released without the patient's written permission. You are notified of this, and sign an acknowledgement when you go to a doctor for the first time.
lala, my understanding was that was for patients that have mental issues and could be a danger to themselves or others, there is no HIPPA violation unless a doctor releases medical information about you without your permission. It is sorta like a hospitals obligation to call and report gunshot wounds. Sorta like this story:

First suit filed against University of Colorado in Aurora shooting

The widow of an Aurora massacre victim has filed a lawsuit against the University of Colorado, claiming a school psychiatrist could have prevented the slaughter by having cops lock up student James Holmes after he "fantasized about killing a lot of people."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/16...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Can anyone tell me the answer to this. Is there currently a paper trail when you buy a gun, to keep track of how many you may have? After checking the individual, is there a record of sale with the purchaser's name kept on file.
Uglylala, if a person has a concealed weapons permit, no call is made, but the form with all of your information has to be filled out and signed by the customer. It is kept on file by the gun dealer.

At this time, there is no way the government knows or don't know what you have in your posession. Any firearm you own as of now, can be sold, traded, lost, tossed in a river, ground to bits on a grinder etc. I think you can see what I mean. Hope this helps. Lol.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Wonder if the booms are due to the increase in EARTHQUAKES:

Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Magnitude: 2.9

Arcadia, Oklahoma
Magnitude: 3.2

Paul Smiths, New York (never see New York on there)
Magnitude: 2.4

plus California, Hawaii, Alaska, Nevada, and Washington

5.0 mag in Japan and the Phillipines

Then some fish deaths:

South Carolina
Mass Die-off (Fishes)
There is a mystery along the South Carolina coast. Thousands of dead fish washed up on the beach at the south end of Pawleys Island

North Carolina
Mass. Die-off (fishes)
Hundreds of thousands of dead fish have been reported this week

Epidemic Hazard - Flu epidemic/deaths
South Carolina

Just take a look at the overall map and all the earthquakes globally.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php
running wild

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
AW, where's Sybil? The conspiracy theories are running wild today. I'm afraid they are going to consficate my 45,000 rounds of pinto beans.
the executive order on gun control is what was intended after the staged false flag events of Aurora and Sandy Hook, this is all playing out exactly as "conspiracy theorists" have been warning about all along so none of this should come as a surprise to anyone.
Ethel

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Bird bird... Bird is the word

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
lala, my understanding was that was for patients that have mental issues and could be a danger to themselves or others, there is no HIPPA violation unless a doctor releases medical information about you without your permission. It is sorta like a hospitals obligation to call and report gunshot wounds. Sorta like this story:
First suit filed against University of Colorado in Aurora shooting
The widow of an Aurora massacre victim has filed a lawsuit against the University of Colorado, claiming a school psychiatrist could have prevented the slaughter by having cops lock up student James Holmes after he "fantasized about killing a lot of people."
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/16...
Hello AB, I'm back. I've been to church tonight. I don't think it helped much though. Oh well I tried :(

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

running wild wrote:
<quoted text>
the executive order on gun control is what was intended after the staged false flag events of Aurora and Sandy Hook, this is all playing out exactly as "conspiracy theorists" have been warning about all along so none of this should come as a surprise to anyone.
There you are. Good evening, Sybil.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>Hello AB, I'm back. I've been to church tonight. I don't think it helped much though. Oh well I tried :(
You're an angel--- well at least nanny thinks so.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Wonder if the booms are due to the increase in EARTHQUAKES:
Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Magnitude: 2.9
Arcadia, Oklahoma
Magnitude: 3.2
Paul Smiths, New York (never see New York on there)
Magnitude: 2.4
plus California, Hawaii, Alaska, Nevada, and Washington
5.0 mag in Japan and the Phillipines
Then some fish deaths:
South Carolina
Mass Die-off (Fishes)
There is a mystery along the South Carolina coast. Thousands of dead fish washed up on the beach at the south end of Pawleys Island
North Carolina
Mass. Die-off (fishes)
Hundreds of thousands of dead fish have been reported this week
Epidemic Hazard - Flu epidemic/deaths
South Carolina
Just take a look at the overall map and all the earthquakes globally.
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php
Maybe the Japan and the Phillipines one AB. The others are of kind of low magnipoots. Hehehe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,341 - 69,360 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Commietator 138,348
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 9 min 75 Scorpio 3,430
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min The_Box 122,555
lamon jones 20 min answer 7
Earl Carter (Jun '09) 1 hr wondering 27
Would love to have a female to HUG and SNUGGLE ... 1 hr guss the Tinkerbelle 7
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr SLY WEST 3,680
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 2 hr desperado 12
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 9:59AM EDT

•••
•••
•••