Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,467)

Showing posts 69,321 - 69,340 of81,262
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hahahaha

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

sandy hook was staged

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
UNA I read somewhere that Biden is considered to be a sex symbol among middle aged women. If that is true, there is still hope for us. LOL
That's for sure AW, maybe there is hope for us or a bunch of ladies need new glasses. LOL.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

pms....i mean ps. SMELL you later !

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

rapid fire wrote:
had fun ya'll , got to go do somethin now, and when i get that done,...well , im going to do somethin else.
Do come back. More farters needed. Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just home watching the local news and stuff today. It's been a chilly day here and not so much fun for the birds in my bird bath. Poor little guys.
Roaming, is it possible to do what I do for my chickens? I have a 60 watt bulb hanging about 18 inches above the water area. So far, even in the coldest times their water has not frozen. It is one of those bowl shaped silvery metal clamp-on lamp holders that I only turn on when it is below freezing temperatures. You might try attaching it to a shepherd's hook next to and aim it toward the bird bath. Just a thought.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

unspoken heart wrote:
AW changed my ava, for something a little more colorful for ya.. Here to please.
Meant in a good way, it is the words to Country Roads, sorry if I upset someone , with the x and all.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

hahahaha wrote:
sandy hook was staged
So was the Howdy Doody show.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

unspoken heart wrote:
<quoted text> Meant in a good way, it is the words to Country Roads, sorry if I upset someone , with the x and all.
Don't worry. There's a sore tail cat everywhere you go. They can get over it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Say, that reminds me. Do you remember Pinky Lee? Everything on his whole show was pink.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
vwwooobb..wooob...woob, niank,niank,niank
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

unspoken heart wrote:
<quoted text> Meant in a good way, it is the words to Country Roads, sorry if I upset someone , with the x and all.
I always figure that people will get over it or get under it. Not any other options.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Roaming, is it possible to do what I do for my chickens? I have a 60 watt bulb hanging about 18 inches above the water area. So far, even in the coldest times their water has not frozen. It is one of those bowl shaped silvery metal clamp-on lamp holders that I only turn on when it is below freezing temperatures. You might try attaching it to a shepherd's hook next to and aim it toward the bird bath. Just a thought.
AW, I fixed one of those in a dog house for a Beagle I had. I even ran the cord through pvc pipe so he wouldn't chew into it. I'll be darned, he chewew and mangled the metal holder. I just told him to freeze. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Say, that reminds me. Do you remember Pinky Lee? Everything on his whole show was pink.
I don't recall that one, AW.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

rapid fire wrote:
<quoted text>vwwooobb..wooob...woob , niank,niank,niank
Curly? LOL.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

HEY ! MOE !
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Well take care folks, I have sat here long enough and need a break. I might be back later.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Curly? LOL.
hey moe, larry, cheese !

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Dang, it's cold out there.. Made me even MORE perturbed about having to leave my nice warm house. But it was a wise move to do it live and in person. I have reasonably taken care of the situation...

So, here's the skinny:
I was put on a "delay" list. NOT a "don't sell to" list.

Whoever this little guy was that called my info in while I waited patiently for what I assumed would be the usual and expected okay, but then proceeded to inform me that they couldn't sell to me and ultimately couldn't give me a reason why??? Well, let's just say he's earned himself some additional "on the job training" and let's just leave it at that..

I'm not mad any more. But I'm still perturbed about the whole mess. If 'someone' had been more educated about their job duties, I would have been able to avoid all of this nonsense.
(I wasn't as mad when I LEFT there yesterday as I was after I had all of last night and this morning to stew over it. To be honest, I was more worried about the WHY reasoning behind it until my temper flared later on)..

Anyway I found the same pistol, put a chunk of change down on it because this "delay" means that I had to leave a deposit so they'd hold it, and then I can pick it up in a couple of days.

The assistant manager at the gun shop told me not to worry about this wait period, aka the "delay" list, and told me that it's happening to a lot of people right now. Particularly with the upsurge in gun purchases in the last month or so. I asked him if they'd had many people getting pissed off at about this "delay". He nodded and said "Yep".
(We both dropped it at that)...

I still don't know EXACTLY why I'm even on any kind of a "delay" list, but I may have an idea..
And here it is:

I let an old friend come here to stay with me last year for about 4 months while she tried to get back on her feet for what's about the umpteenth time now.. I don't like to kick people when they're down even if they are habitual "falling downers". So to make a long story short, I offered to give her a place to stay for a predetermined length of time.. She put in a change of address while she was here, using mine. I got to thinking about it on the way up to the gun shop and remembered that she's a convicted felon. Yes, tried, convicted and time served, but still a felon. And I had forgotten about it up until today... It didn't dawn on me until then that this might have me pegged some how.

IF they're watching people just because of who we know personally, we're ALL doomed. Well, at least I know I am.

So I'm about certain that this may very well be the reason why I was placed on a list because nothing else makes any sense. I've been clean as a whistle much too long by now for it to have been anything I did myself.. I don't even think I've downed the Prez via the internet, no matter how badly I've wanted to. I try to watch what I say about "certain things" on-line. You just never know who's watching.....

So I guess this is the way it's gonna be from here on out. Or at least until the government realizes that I'm not harboring any fugitives from the law around here, lol.

Anyway, in a few days I get my new gun. Done deal. All is good as far as I'm concerned.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Hello "Nope", I am glad you got it straightened out. It could be someone has the same name you do that is a convicted felon, mental patient, or something and they just had to verify it wasn't you. Most say if you get a Carry Concealed Weapon permit you have no delays. If you don't have one, you might think about getting one.

Sometimes when we are being nice and trying to help it comes back to bite you somewhere down the line. That could of very well been why too.

Anyway, enjoy your new gun.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Thanks AB. It was a certainly a new one on me, I'll tell you that much.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,321 - 69,340 of81,262
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mayor West Stops Picking up recycling 3 min Well 12
knox county social services 18 min right 12
Jon Hammons arrested 3 hr stupid 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Jay 139,100
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 4 hr LOL 47
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Known Fact 123,198
subway for mike corey 6 hr Pin 41
•••
•••