Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,660

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82455 Jan 16, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
So was the Howdy Doody show.
Say, that reminds me. Do you remember Pinky Lee? Everything on his whole show was pink.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

#82456 Jan 16, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
So was the Howdy Doody show.
vwwooobb..wooob...woob, niank,niank,niank
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82457 Jan 16, 2013
unspoken heart wrote:
<quoted text> Meant in a good way, it is the words to Country Roads, sorry if I upset someone , with the x and all.
I always figure that people will get over it or get under it. Not any other options.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82458 Jan 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Roaming, is it possible to do what I do for my chickens? I have a 60 watt bulb hanging about 18 inches above the water area. So far, even in the coldest times their water has not frozen. It is one of those bowl shaped silvery metal clamp-on lamp holders that I only turn on when it is below freezing temperatures. You might try attaching it to a shepherd's hook next to and aim it toward the bird bath. Just a thought.
AW, I fixed one of those in a dog house for a Beagle I had. I even ran the cord through pvc pipe so he wouldn't chew into it. I'll be darned, he chewew and mangled the metal holder. I just told him to freeze. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82459 Jan 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Say, that reminds me. Do you remember Pinky Lee? Everything on his whole show was pink.
I don't recall that one, AW.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82460 Jan 16, 2013
rapid fire wrote:
<quoted text>vwwooobb..wooob...woob , niank,niank,niank
Curly? LOL.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

#82461 Jan 16, 2013
HEY ! MOE !
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82462 Jan 16, 2013
Well take care folks, I have sat here long enough and need a break. I might be back later.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

#82463 Jan 16, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Curly? LOL.
hey moe, larry, cheese !

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#82464 Jan 16, 2013
Dang, it's cold out there.. Made me even MORE perturbed about having to leave my nice warm house. But it was a wise move to do it live and in person. I have reasonably taken care of the situation...

So, here's the skinny:
I was put on a "delay" list. NOT a "don't sell to" list.

Whoever this little guy was that called my info in while I waited patiently for what I assumed would be the usual and expected okay, but then proceeded to inform me that they couldn't sell to me and ultimately couldn't give me a reason why??? Well, let's just say he's earned himself some additional "on the job training" and let's just leave it at that..

I'm not mad any more. But I'm still perturbed about the whole mess. If 'someone' had been more educated about their job duties, I would have been able to avoid all of this nonsense.
(I wasn't as mad when I LEFT there yesterday as I was after I had all of last night and this morning to stew over it. To be honest, I was more worried about the WHY reasoning behind it until my temper flared later on)..

Anyway I found the same pistol, put a chunk of change down on it because this "delay" means that I had to leave a deposit so they'd hold it, and then I can pick it up in a couple of days.

The assistant manager at the gun shop told me not to worry about this wait period, aka the "delay" list, and told me that it's happening to a lot of people right now. Particularly with the upsurge in gun purchases in the last month or so. I asked him if they'd had many people getting pissed off at about this "delay". He nodded and said "Yep".
(We both dropped it at that)...

I still don't know EXACTLY why I'm even on any kind of a "delay" list, but I may have an idea..
And here it is:

I let an old friend come here to stay with me last year for about 4 months while she tried to get back on her feet for what's about the umpteenth time now.. I don't like to kick people when they're down even if they are habitual "falling downers". So to make a long story short, I offered to give her a place to stay for a predetermined length of time.. She put in a change of address while she was here, using mine. I got to thinking about it on the way up to the gun shop and remembered that she's a convicted felon. Yes, tried, convicted and time served, but still a felon. And I had forgotten about it up until today... It didn't dawn on me until then that this might have me pegged some how.

IF they're watching people just because of who we know personally, we're ALL doomed. Well, at least I know I am.

So I'm about certain that this may very well be the reason why I was placed on a list because nothing else makes any sense. I've been clean as a whistle much too long by now for it to have been anything I did myself.. I don't even think I've downed the Prez via the internet, no matter how badly I've wanted to. I try to watch what I say about "certain things" on-line. You just never know who's watching.....

So I guess this is the way it's gonna be from here on out. Or at least until the government realizes that I'm not harboring any fugitives from the law around here, lol.

Anyway, in a few days I get my new gun. Done deal. All is good as far as I'm concerned.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82465 Jan 16, 2013
Hello "Nope", I am glad you got it straightened out. It could be someone has the same name you do that is a convicted felon, mental patient, or something and they just had to verify it wasn't you. Most say if you get a Carry Concealed Weapon permit you have no delays. If you don't have one, you might think about getting one.

Sometimes when we are being nice and trying to help it comes back to bite you somewhere down the line. That could of very well been why too.

Anyway, enjoy your new gun.

#82466 Jan 16, 2013
Thanks AB. It was a certainly a new one on me, I'll tell you that much.

#82467 Jan 16, 2013
Oh, and for the record, he said that they aren't able to give a reason WHY someone is denied when it does happen. He said that info isn't relayed to them. Odd, but I guess it makes sense to a certain degree. Specifically if someone was on any type of medication for mental illness. Who knows.
Like I said, it's a new one on me...

I guess I should have asked HOW a person would find out what might block them so I could tell everyone here, but I was just too happy to get this mess settled.

No problem now as far as I'm concerned. As if there should have been one before.... Next time I go to make a purchase, I'll go into it knowing full well that there might be another "delay".
EndofDays

Bowling Green, KY

#82468 Jan 16, 2013
BoomBoom wrote:
The unsolved mystery of the booms are now being heard around the world. Don't care about your government conspiracy theories just wondering how far ranging this is. In Western KY today they are occurring at a rate of once every 5 to 15 minutes. The best guess I've read is the solar eruption that occurred a year ago is at its peak hitting earth and bending the atmosphere causing a sonic boom.
The Booms can be heard in Paducah, KY. Been going on since late summer. Search the net there are reports from all over the east coast area. USGS say they have no clue.
Kitkat

Corbin, KY

#82469 Jan 16, 2013
Really?
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

#82470 Jan 16, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Dang, it's cold out there.. Made me even MORE perturbed about having to leave my nice warm house. But it was a wise move to do it live and in person. I have reasonably taken care of the situation...
So, here's the skinny:
I was put on a "delay" list. NOT a "don't sell to" list.
Whoever this little guy was that called my info in while I waited patiently for what I assumed would be the usual and expected okay, but then proceeded to inform me that they couldn't sell to me and ultimately couldn't give me a reason why??? Well, let's just say he's earned himself some additional "on the job training" and let's just leave it at that..
I'm not mad any more. But I'm still perturbed about the whole mess. If 'someone' had been more educated about their job duties, I would have been able to avoid all of this nonsense.
(I wasn't as mad when I LEFT there yesterday as I was after I had all of last night and this morning to stew over it. To be honest, I was more worried about the WHY reasoning behind it until my temper flared later on)..
Anyway I found the same pistol, put a chunk of change down on it because this "delay" means that I had to leave a deposit so they'd hold it, and then I can pick it up in a couple of days.
The assistant manager at the gun shop told me not to worry about this wait period, aka the "delay" list, and told me that it's happening to a lot of people right now. Particularly with the upsurge in gun purchases in the last month or so. I asked him if they'd had many people getting pissed off at about this "delay". He nodded and said "Yep".
(We both dropped it at that)...
I still don't know EXACTLY why I'm even on any kind of a "delay" list, but I may have an idea..
And here it is:
I let an old friend come here to stay with me last year for about 4 months while she tried to get back on her feet for what's about the umpteenth time now.. I don't like to kick people when they're down even if they are habitual "falling downers". So to make a long story short, I offered to give her a place to stay for a predetermined length of time.. She put in a change of address while she was here, using mine. I got to thinking about it on the way up to the gun shop and remembered that she's a convicted felon. Yes, tried, convicted and time served, but still a felon. And I had forgotten about it up until today... It didn't dawn on me until then that this might have me pegged some how.
IF they're watching people just because of who we know personally, we're ALL doomed. Well, at least I know I am.
So I'm about certain that this may very well be the reason why I was placed on a list because nothing else makes any sense. I've been clean as a whistle much too long by now for it to have been anything I did myself.. I don't even think I've downed the Prez via the internet, no matter how badly I've wanted to. I try to watch what I say about "certain things" on-line. You just never know who's watching.....
So I guess this is the way it's gonna be from here on out. Or at least until the government realizes that I'm not harboring any fugitives from the law around here, lol.
Anyway, in a few days I get my new gun. Done deal. All is good as far as I'm concerned.
not to worry,know for fact that when the check calls are backed up your automaticly put on the hold list which takes usually three working days.i had same ordeal.plus i know a couple of gun dealers well.but it is aggrevating,because i want mine right now.also i think its none of the're buisiness how many or what kinds of guns i own,buy,or sell.what about fishing poles ? can they be high capacity spools on my reeels ?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#82471 Jan 16, 2013
Just hanging out.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82472 Jan 16, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha...always a different, but correct slant on things. I hope it doesn't regress to the "UGG" stage. Wild west sounds more interesting.
What's with the peanut??Can't you detect the note of sarcasm that I was trying to convey? LOL

Location hidden

#82473 Jan 16, 2013
rapid fire wrote:
<quoted text>not to worry,know for fact that when the check calls are backed up your automaticly put on the hold list which takes usually three working days.i had same ordeal.plus i know a couple of gun dealers well.but it is aggrevating,because i want mine right now.also i think its none of the're buisiness how many or what kinds of guns i own,buy,or sell.what about fishing poles ? can they be high capacity spools on my reeels ?
Watch about high capacity on your reels.LOL. And Una had better watch about the high capacity methane he is releasing. Gov. might consider it a weapon of"mess" destruction. Poison gas. LOL Notice that I include the LOL. Sometimes people take me too seriously and don't catch the sarcasm or irony I respond with. So I add the juvenile LOL lots of time.

Location hidden

#82474 Jan 16, 2013
Can anyone tell me the answer to this. Is there currently a paper trail when you buy a gun, to keep track of how many you may have? After checking the individual, is there a record of sale with the purchaser's name kept on file.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min brad 155,438
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 28 min Kyboy 7,186
Stealing from child's grave 1 hr gator 8
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 1 hr gator 6
Pastor Arnold Murray R.I.P.. 1 hr LOL 11
Chamges to Topix? 2 hr Archangel Oger 2
Marica 1015 6 hr Looker 1

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance