Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,733

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82266 Jan 15, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh The Sounds of Silence... I can deal with it Sybil, can you? I like that sound and it is a good time to commune with the CREATOR and await the coming day and count my blessings and be Thankful.
And from your perspective, you think I get up early or stay up late to argue with you. My perspective is that in the overall scheme of things, you and what you have to say (post) just are not all that important. My Bible says "Love Thy Neighbor", but no where can I find that it says I have to like them. LOL
Haha, good morning, AW. I'm always up very early, as well. Just don't get online until the little guy is safely packed off to school.

Location hidden

#82267 Jan 15, 2013
Good morning to everyone. Hope you had a good night's sleep, Roaming. It is chilly, but no snow...Yay.

Location hidden

#82268 Jan 15, 2013
sand wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me, what color is the sand?
It depends on which beach you are talking about.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82269 Jan 15, 2013
owl wrote:
<quoted text>
ignorance is bliss, right?
Not necessarily. While ignoranace might sometimes be blissful, bliss quite often is not a result of ignorance but of knowledge and a faith that there is a Heavenly Father that knows and sees all. The same as the rectangle and square theory. A square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square,

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#82270 Jan 15, 2013
Heavy sleet again tonight. Not happy about this.
jack

Portsmouth, OH

#82271 Jan 15, 2013
Thanks

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82272 Jan 15, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a clever answer. See, you can do it without vulgarity.
It's a struggle lala. It's really tough to keep from telling Sybil to kiss my boney butt.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82273 Jan 15, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh The Sounds of Silence... I can deal with it Sybil, can you? I like that sound and it is a good time to commune with the CREATOR and await the coming day and count my blessings and be Thankful.
And from your perspective, you think I get up early or stay up late to argue with you. My perspective is that in the overall scheme of things, you and what you have to say (post) just are not all that important. My Bible says "Love Thy Neighbor", but no where can I find that it says I have to like them. LOL
You got it AW, silence. I love it. I rarely have a TV or radio on. I did install a new radio in my truck recently, the old one was messed up and constantly popping and changing settings on it's own. Most of the newer ones don't have an off position and are on when the key is on. Even with the volume off it still clicked and popped. Lol. When I say silence I mean silence.
W KY Girl

Milwaukee, WI

#82274 Jan 15, 2013
Silly boys, no doubt the moon is BLUE.

"Blue Moon of Kentucky"
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82275 Jan 15, 2013
I have to keep asking; Was there life before Youtube and Facebook?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82276 Jan 15, 2013
jack wrote:
Thanks
You are welcome Jack. I'm glad my Gems of Wisdom have blessed your life and made it complete.

Location hidden

#82277 Jan 15, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
I have to keep asking; Was there life before Youtube and Facebook?
Of, course, Theodore. But people had more fun back in the day. They didn't sit in front of a computer screen and keyboard. They did something that's gone out of style. They got together, partied, or had quiet conversations with friends (face to face).

Location hidden

#82278 Jan 15, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Heavy sleet again tonight. Not happy about this.
I'd better keep my electronic cigarettes charged up in case we get a power outage. Otherwise, I'll be back smoking the real thing.

Location hidden

#82279 Jan 15, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
Silly boys, no doubt the moon is BLUE.
"Blue Moon of Kentucky"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4syA9aNnNa0XX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Nice tune.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82280 Jan 15, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it AW, silence. I love it. I rarely have a TV or radio on. I did install a new radio in my truck recently, the old one was messed up and constantly popping and changing settings on it's own. Most of the newer ones don't have an off position and are on when the key is on. Even with the volume off it still clicked and popped. Lol. When I say silence I mean silence.
Godd Morning Una. I got my chores caught up for now and sat back down here for a break. I guess the radio in my truck works. I turned it on 3 years ago. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82281 Jan 15, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Of, course, Theodore. But people had more fun back in the day. They didn't sit in front of a computer screen and keyboard. They did something that's gone out of style. They got together, partied, or had quiet conversations with friends (face to face).
Thank you lala. It seems these days some people can't say a complete sentence without posting a Youtube link and/or check it out on Facebook. It's like so many folks are stuck in DUHland these days. Even in this town, signs in front of various businesses follow or join us on Facebook. Like I care, I don't even go in their freaky store. Geez.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82282 Jan 15, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice tune.
I didn't even bother lala. That song has been around longer than I have. Nothing new. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82283 Jan 15, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Godd Morning Una. I got my chores caught up for now and sat back down here for a break. I guess the radio in my truck works. I turned it on 3 years ago. LOL
Good morning AW. LOL, that sounds just like me. I guess I could have pulled the radio fuse, but I like the light source from the radio. I'm about night blind driving and need all the help I can get finding dash controls. Lol. That clicking and popping was driving me crazier than I already am. I do have a little ways to go. I have noticed lately, there are folks crazier than I am. Speaking of crazy, tomorrow is the day the old eagle poots for us. We are supposed to be getting our raise too. I mighy just get to go to the Dollar Store, Save A Lot and Family Dollar. I can hardly wait.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82284 Jan 15, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Lala. That is one of my favorite memories. Going with my dad up to the neighbor's house and sitting with the old kerosene lamp on (no electric) and a fire in the fireplace and listening to Dad and the neighbor just talk about various subjects while I looked through the neighbor's "Progressive Farmer" magazine and lusted after all the pretties in the Sears and Roebuck catalogue that could be ordered if only we had some money.

Later in the evening, the flames would lower to just glowing coals and the neighbor would bring out an old fireplace popcorn popper (that I still have) and would bring me an ear of popcorn that I would shell and pop and we would sit there eating the popcorn. It made me feel so good that I had actually fixed something that we all shared.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82285 Jan 15, 2013
AW, I bet that is where the term "Wishbook" came from, us poor folks looking through the Sears and Roebuck catalog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 4 min Edozier 17
dinky phipps 7 min Edozier 20
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 22 min spaceship 132,245
pte boys 29 min for real 3
hau mings mexican restaurant 55 min Stuk 5
teena Marie mills 2 hr the truth 16
Messers 6 hr Wondering 1
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance