Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Sep 11

Scottsville, KY

#81994 Jan 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Preppers beware! I watched a video last night about a prepper who stockpiled food, built an underground shelter, and kept some weapons. He got along with his neighbors, except the one who reported him to the police saying that he was getting crazier and crazier and had an arsenal. Police came to his home welding business undercover and casually asked about his prepping and whether or not he had guns. He admitted to having some protection. Well, the upshot is that the undercover guy reported him to FBI and Homeland Security. A while later, the street was ablaze from police car lights, 150 officers (I think) which included local, FBI, Homeland Security, and Swat teams surrounded his home, which he wisely fled into the woods. He turned himself in the next morning. Come to find out, the guy had only a few revolvers and a couple of shotguns, a supply of food, and his shelter. Police wrecked that by digging up his yard. It's a good thing that neighbors supported this man, and what he was doing. The crazy guy was probably the one who reported him, and was just disgruntled for some reason. They expected to find grenades, RPGs , and who knows what, but they only found his small gun collection. Charges were dropped. The prepper is in some legal hot water; though, because 20 years ago, he had a drug charge in his background check. Although he had no other run ins with the law, he was technically a felon and was not supposed to have a gun. Everyone spoke very well of the man and told investigators that he would never hurt anyone, and only helped others. But, you see how only rumor caused this very exaggerated response. So, preppers beware. I also read that Homeland Security also considers buying food in bulk, which may mean a terrorist threat. Watch out, AW, when you do your monthly shopping to save money. Who knows who may be watching.LOL. It is a shame that one individual (the person reporting the "crime") can snitch on a law-abiding citizen and initiate such an uproar. It is these kinds of things that worry me. My grandmother, an immigrant from Russia, would roll over in her grave to see what America (the land of milk and honey, and the place where you could be free)is coming to. I do not fear terrorists. I fear people relinquishing their individual rights and freedoms under the guise of "keeping us safe." I'll take my chances.
That is so funny and so truth of how some people over react. The over reacting people will be going to this guy when a real disaster hits.

Kinda like the ice storm we had a few years back. Dang I had a house full of people, with heat, coffee, t.v. but no electric. Took hours to make a pot of coffee but it was good.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81995 Jan 12, 2013
Well, good-night, folks. Time to do a few more chores, take a shower, and hit the bed AGAIN. Can't shake this sleepy thing off. Pleasant dreams, all,and talk to you tomorrow, Lord willing.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81996 Jan 12, 2013
Goodnight lala, Goodnight everyone.

I am calling it a night too. All my favorite teams lost today and the Packers don't look like they are going to pull out a miracle so I am off to bed. It's nice and cool in my bedroom and I just can't wait to hit the pillow and think of Spring. lol

Pleasant dreams to you all.
qwerty

Carrollton, OH

#81997 Jan 12, 2013
Count to ten, Leonardo... That's about how long it will take you to calm down during this confusing time. Breathe a fart every chance you get. This collection of minor annoyances sent by the Capricornicus Moon is due to be scattered by a sudden gust of wind. There are plenty of other people in your life right now, but you remain your own best wind. Trust only those you know are on your back side. Expect an emotional triumph as the day draws to a close.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81998 Jan 12, 2013
qwerty wrote:
Count to ten, Leonardo... That's about how long it will take you to calm down during this confusing time. Breathe a fart every chance you get. This collection of minor annoyances sent by the Capricornicus Moon is due to be scattered by a sudden gust of wind. There are plenty of other people in your life right now, but you remain your own best wind. Trust only those you know are on your back side. Expect an emotional triumph as the day draws to a close.
Beautiful qwerty, simply beautiful. Would that be Leonardo DeFartio? Lol.
W KY Girl

Villa Park, IL

#81999 Jan 12, 2013
@Oglala
I agree with you, down here guns are as common as...silverware! LOL I can remember one kid bringing a gun for "show-and-tell," jr high school I think it was. It wasn't a big shock to see him walking down the hall with it propped on his shoulder. I remember taking my knife collection for "show-and-tell." I couldn't think of anything to take so what the heck, I just took a bunch of knives. lol I remember my bus driver wanted to buy one of them. The majority of the boys carried a pocket knife. No doubt there are a lot of people who do not get our culture. I have also been around a few northerners who thought gun ownership was awful!

One thing I am hoping from reading that letter is that should things go crazy, I hope the majority of the ex-military men and women are on the side of the citizens. We will need them! You are right, we never know what natural disaster might happen or when the next terrorist attack will be or when the government will finally go completely off the deep end. That is all guess work BUT we are assured in the bible that in the end times that bad things are going to happen that will be beyond what we can imagine. No doubt at that time all guns will be confiscated. From reading the bible, all of the above will be going on at the same time - wars, total government takeover, horrific natural disasters, little access to food/water, etc. Whether we have an earthquake in mind, or a tornado, zombie apocalypse, rapture, tribulation, or just losing a job - one thing is for sure, we better be prepared for whatever!
Flu pandemic

Richmond, KY

#82000 Jan 12, 2013
http://www.naturalnews.com/038648_flu_pandemi...
Flu Epidemic Strikes Millions of Americans Already Vaccinated Against the Flu

The USA is in an official flu pandemic panic right now, with Boston declaring a public health emergency and hospitals setting up flu treatment tents as if cities were war zones. The CDC says it's the worst flu pandemic in a decade, and it's of course urging everybody to get injected with flu vaccines.

But here's the dirty little secret the vaccine industry doesn't want you to know: Most people getting the flu right now are the same people who were vaccinated with the flu shot.

The CDC refuses to release any statistics on this, of course, because then the total hoax of the flu shot would be exposed. But I've been making phone calls to a large network of friends and professional contacts, and they're all telling me the same thing: Of the people they know who are getting sick, about two-thirds routinely get flu shots!

Check with your own friends, family members or co-workers on this point. Ask the ones who got sick: Did you get a flu shot? See if the answers you get are about the same as mine: Two-thirds.

If this holds true across a larger data set, it means that flu shots actually make you MORE susceptible to the flu. That's because far less than two-thirds of the U.S. population takes flu shots. So if two-thirds of those getting the flu this year are the same people who got flu shots, mathematically it can only mean that flu shots INCREASE vulnerability to the flu.
Flu pandemic

Richmond, KY

#82001 Jan 12, 2013
(cont)

What's in flu shots? Aluminum, mercury, MSG and formaldehyde
The CDC openly admits that vaccines contain a toxic cocktail and metals and synthetic chemicals that we all know cause neurological damage. Those include aluminum and mercury.

These metals and chemicals also suppress the immune system, and that's the primary purpose of vaccines: To actually cause an epidemic so that more people rush out to buy more vaccines. The whole point is to sell more vaccines, not to improve public health. And the fastest way to sell more vaccines is to make sure the vaccines themselves contain chemicals and metals that make people more vulnerable to infection.

What, you don't believe me? You think Big Pharma is a collection of compassionate, loving angels who care about the people more than they care about profits? Wake up and smell the chemicals. Vaccine manufacturers are, on the record, criminal organizations that are repeatedly found guilty of felony crimes -- everything from price fixing to the bribery of doctors and the commission of marketing fraud.

Drug companies have zero ethics. They kill children to test their vaccines. They conduct medical experiments on prisoners and mental patients. Do you honestly think they wouldn't use vaccines as a way to make people sick and create an infectious disease scare that sells more vaccines?
Flu pandemic

Richmond, KY

#82002 Jan 12, 2013
(cont)
Real solutions to the flu
If you really want to stay healthy this flu season, the answer is pretty simple. It all starts with the top three nutrients for flu prevention:

1) Vitamin D
2) More vitamin D
3) And yet more vitamin D

If you're not taking at least 5,000 IUs of vitamin D each day during the winter flu season, you're probably vitamin D deficient and that's making you a sitting duck for influenza.

In addition to vitamin D, there are all sorts of other herbal remedies, trace minerals (like zinc), and superfood nutrients that can help protect you.

And, of course, don't suppress your immune system with flu shots, chemotherapy or prescription medications. All those things make you more vulnerable to infection and makes you a repeat customer for the "sick care" cartels that profit from human suffering.
W KY Girl

Villa Park, IL

#82003 Jan 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
... I do not fear terrorists. I fear people relinquishing their individual rights and freedoms under the guise of "keeping us safe." I'll take my chances.
@Oglala -I agree with you. Dang a bunch of terrorists, what's scary is this government of ours!-and that is pretty dang sad! Other than my boyfriend, I don't let anybody know what I have or don't have. There are too many people like the one that snitched on that prepper as well as the ones who will be chomping at the bit to steal your stuff ...and the ones who will want to move in like you did all the prepping just for them. I do know some people who have what the government would call an arsenal. lol Some are hunters and some are just collectors - no nut jobs. lol I went to an auction a year or two ago where the man had over 300 guns of all kinds. They had a tent set up that was probably 100'X40' and it was FULL of guns and people buying them -standing room only! They were running background checks on the buyers.
Boy I would have been so mad if I had been that guy. I would be wanting to sue the heck out of the government! He's lucky he didn't get killed. He was wise in running for the woods! Things like that is why I don't ever want close neighbors.
W KY Girl

Villa Park, IL

#82004 Jan 12, 2013
@Flu Pandemic -thanks for the info. I agree on Vitamin D and the flu shot. Me and my mother take at least 2,000 IU's (gel caps) in the warm months and 4,000 IU's during the winter. I am thinking about upping our doses to 6,000 IU's because of this flu. I honestly do think that Vitamin D gives the immune system a HUGE boost.
W KY Girl

Villa Park, IL

#82005 Jan 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82006 Jan 13, 2013
@Ab.. I don't use Oracle or Java or allowed it to be installed on the corporate mainframe servers or computers as a gateway to anyone and everyone sitting out in Timbuktu.

From a personal standpoint, I keep software at a bare minimum and take the stance that if I don't use it daily, I don't need it. I never saw the need for a punchbowl set to have to clean all year long to only use at Christmas. I had to laugh at UNA's story on Tupperware jumping out of the cabinets.

The "practical" solution is for departmental servers and main computers to not install anything they suspect, no matter how popular it may be. "Physician Heal Thyself".

I am still running Windows-98 and do not use any of the Office suite of software products including PowerPoint. I have a cd that I can reload this PC back to day one and I "like" nothing on Facebook and even on Topix, I look at very few weblinks and even when I do I immediately purge all temporary internet files and "add-on" data. This old machine works well except for the typist. hehehe
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82007 Jan 13, 2013
I saw the comments earlier on Piers Morgan and tend to agree that he is quite arrogant, but I never saw the logic behind watching or reading anything one dislikes. I saw him once and that was enough. LOL I don't even watch Bill O'Reily. The first time I saw him he was funny, the 2nd time was "Why am I watching this"?

I dislike and don't listen to, read, or watch those with an agenda to shove into my face. That includes pundits, politicians, Topix posters, Facebook "news" and especially preachers. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82008 Jan 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a British name. What else can you expect from those sorry bums.
Labeling? I thought you were beyond that.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82009 Jan 13, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell ya Roaming, I have been waiting for two days to get washed into Barren River. According to Topix severe weather warning we are supposed to have had flooding. It hasn't rained enough here to float the Tidy-Bowl man in his little john boat and I do mean john. LOL.
It has been pouring rain here off and on for 3 days and just now started again. Maybe the weather people think my water is going to run downhill and give you a flush. LOL

Location hidden

#82010 Jan 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Labeling? I thought you were beyond that.
Well, I'm human, so I guess I can fall off the wagon from time to time, LOL

Location hidden

#82011 Jan 13, 2013
Good morning, everyone. The flood that Una has been waiting for has arrived. It's been pouring on and off all night here. Hope everyone had a good night's sleep. Flu season is in high gear, so I told hubby that it might be wise to skip church services this morning. I don't think Our Creator will mind.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82012 Jan 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been pouring rain here off and on for 3 days and just now started again. Maybe the weather people think my water is going to run downhill and give you a flush. LOL
It could be AW. Lol. The flood warning is still up this morning. Lol. At least I am on top of one of the many hills in Allen County.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82013 Jan 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. The flood that Una has been waiting for has arrived. It's been pouring on and off all night here. Hope everyone had a good night's sleep. Flu season is in high gear, so I told hubby that it might be wise to skip church services this morning. I don't think Our Creator will mind.
The Creator might not mind if I skip since I can worship here as well as there and quite often even better. But I am betting those little boys and girls from the Housing Project are waiting on me to come sit with them and help them sing "Blessed Assurance". Take care folks, dog is anxious to get out of here too LOL

You know, I am blessed at this old age to have never had the flu in my life. I get my Vitamin D from the sunshine. I guess I won't get much today. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
terry smith from the creek 9 min wondering 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min dollarsbill 131,891
Brett 1 hr sorry 2
To the Garland family 2 hr Friend 5
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 8 hr gator 15
Jason woolum (Jul '11) 10 hr buster hyman 13
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 11 hr Mee 3
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 15 hr Get a life 8
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info