Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,634

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
W KY Girl

Urbana, IL

#81943 Jan 12, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I just realized something.. I might be in cloud cover beings as I sit on a mountain top over here. DUH. It's probably low clouds that I'm in the midst of. I'm in the midst of the mist...
Bwwwahahahahahahaha!
Enjoy this:
The "Twilight Zone" theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XVSRm80WzZkXX
HAHA Nope, early one morning (still dark out) years ago it was so foggy here that when I cracked the back door open to check it out some fog rolled into the house! It scared the crap out of me! I jumped back like something tried to grab me! It was funny AFTER I realized what had happened. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81944 Jan 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful, but what nice things did you seen when you arrived at Grand Central?!!!LOL
It was quite a week of cultural change for an old country fellow. In Chicago, I ate at a restaurant with the walls loaded with photos of gangsters and their molls. I looked and planned to "duck" if an old car showed up with guys wearing black suits and black and white wing tip shoes and packing sub-machine guns. LOL

The hotel looked much like the old 1890s one that Richard Boone stayed in as Paladin in "Have Gun will Travel", complete with a claw foot tub.

The train went through Amish country in Pa. and then along the beauty of the Hudson River and through a tunnel into Harlem, where I was glad to be on the train. LOL It did please me that even in Harlem, I could see a few floral boxes sitting in the windows of some of the tenements even though the streets were lined with trash and filth.

IN N.Y., I ate at a real Italian restuarant with old wait staff that could not even speak English. I just pointed at something and it turned out to be good and did not make me sick. To this day I have no idea what I ate. LOL I took a hansom cab from Mama Mia's back to the hotel instead of a regular cab. I did not dare walk down 42nd street. I had walked there in day light but it was dark by the time I had eaten.

Oh course at Grand Central, I saw the hookers, run away kids laying in doorways, street bums, trash, and rats. In the evening, I mixed with the "High Brows" and went to a Broadway play with George C. Scott playing the role of Willie Loman in Arthur Miller's "Death of a Salesman".

I was glad to get back home and eat pinto beans and cornbread and onions. LOL

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81945 Jan 12, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Girl, it's so foggy here right now that I had to go out and make sure my woods weren't on fire. This is the strangest weather I've ever seen.. Eerie out there as a matter of fact. Makes me feel like it's the wee hours of the morning, but the clock say it's 3:00 in the afternoon.
It's a "Twilight Zone" kind of feeling today.. And I don't like it, hahah.
I know how yo feel about the weather. I feel the same way. Can't wake up today. Been sleeping on and off round the clock for about a week now. It is not like me at all. Just woke up a little while ago, did some chores, now I'm ready for sleep again. Strange for me.
W KY Girl

Urbana, IL

#81946 Jan 12, 2013
"A Taste of History" is on KET. That old man is workin' that cast iron!!! LOL
W KY Girl

Urbana, IL

#81947 Jan 12, 2013
...the history lesson today is on Paul Revere.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81948 Jan 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It was quite a week of cultural change for an old country fellow. In Chicago, I ate at a restaurant with the walls loaded with photos of gangsters and their molls. I looked and planned to "duck" if an old car showed up with guys wearing black suits and black and white wing tip shoes and packing sub-machine guns. LOL
The hotel looked much like the old 1890s one that Richard Boone stayed in as Paladin in "Have Gun will Travel", complete with a claw foot tub.
The train went through Amish country in Pa. and then along the beauty of the Hudson River and through a tunnel into Harlem, where I was glad to be on the train. LOL It did please me that even in Harlem, I could see a few floral boxes sitting in the windows of some of the tenements even though the streets were lined with trash and filth.
IN N.Y., I ate at a real Italian restuarant with old wait staff that could not even speak English. I just pointed at something and it turned out to be good and did not make me sick. To this day I have no idea what I ate. LOL I took a hansom cab from Mama Mia's back to the hotel instead of a regular cab. I did not dare walk down 42nd street. I had walked there in day light but it was dark by the time I had eaten.
Oh course at Grand Central, I saw the hookers, run away kids laying in doorways, street bums, trash, and rats. In the evening, I mixed with the "High Brows" and went to a Broadway play with George C. Scott playing the role of Willie Loman in Arthur Miller's "Death of a Salesman".
I was glad to get back home and eat pinto beans and cornbread and onions. LOL
Leo and I dined at a world-famous steak house in NY called Smith and Wollensky's. The meal was very good. Bunch of pictures of celebs. on the wall. I just dug into the meal. Afterward, I asked for a cup of coffee. It was really good and I wanted another. But we were running late, so we asked for the check (Ticket down here).
I almost had a fit when I found out that the lousy cup of coffee was $5.00. It was good, but not THAT good. And that had to be about 20 years ago. I wonder what that coffee costs now. Hempburn had better not visit that place, with the coffee habit he has. It could make a person flat broke.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81949 Jan 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Leo and I dined at a world-famous steak house in NY called Smith and Wollensky's. The meal was very good. Bunch of pictures of celebs. on the wall. I just dug into the meal. Afterward, I asked for a cup of coffee. It was really good and I wanted another. But we were running late, so we asked for the check (Ticket down here).
I almost had a fit when I found out that the lousy cup of coffee was $5.00. It was good, but not THAT good. And that had to be about 20 years ago. I wonder what that coffee costs now. Hempburn had better not visit that place, with the coffee habit he has. It could make a person flat broke.
My story was about 30 years ago. I traveled some then setting up computer software and hardware (pre-iternet days) that data traveled over phone lines to protocol convertors and back to a large remote computer. On another trip to Houston, I was being entertained by some big shot that drove a Rolls-Royce. The meal cost $600 for 8 people and was not that good. The Rolls was a worse ride that my old Ford pickup LOL (Una would like this) I figured I would never ride in another Rolls, so I left my mark, A loud noise with a green cloud. LOL I bet UNA can't top that story hehehe

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81950 Jan 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
My story was about 30 years ago. I traveled some then setting up computer software and hardware (pre-iternet days) that data traveled over phone lines to protocol convertors and back to a large remote computer. On another trip to Houston, I was being entertained by some big shot that drove a Rolls-Royce. The meal cost $600 for 8 people and was not that good. The Rolls was a worse ride that my old Ford pickup LOL (Una would like this) I figured I would never ride in another Rolls, so I left my mark, A loud noise with a green cloud. LOL I bet UNA can't top that story hehehe
I can't top that AW. That is every farters dream, to fart in a Rolls Royce and a Bentely. Oh AW you are so fortunate. LOL.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81951 Jan 12, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't top that AW. That is every farters dream, to fart in a Rolls Royce and a Bentely. Oh AW you are so fortunate. LOL.
Yep, I figured I had reached the pinnacle of success with the Rolls. LOL I have never figured if "putting on airs" was holding it in or just letting it fly, but in my case I took the let it fly option since it was most likely the last ride in a Rolls LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81952 Jan 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I figured I had reached the pinnacle of success with the Rolls. LOL I have never figured if "putting on airs" was holding it in or just letting it fly, but in my case I took the let it fly option since it was most likely the last ride in a Rolls LOL
I don't blame you AW that was the chance of a lifetime. That would be a great temptation to even a closet pooter. LOL.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81953 Jan 12, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
...the history lesson today is on Paul Revere.
Wish we had a real life Paul Revere today...if only to warn us against Piers Morgan.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81954 Jan 12, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame you AW that was the chance of a lifetime. That would be a great temptation to even a closet pooter. LOL.
I think those cars are very ugly and only meant to impress. I could think of a lot of better ways to spend my money (if I had it).
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81955 Jan 12, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame you AW that was the chance of a lifetime. That would be a great temptation to even a closet pooter. LOL.
It is said that "actions speak louder than words", and what better action can one take to let someone know that you are not impressed, even with their Rolls-Royce LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81956 Jan 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish we had a real life Paul Revere today...if only to warn us against Piers Morgan.
The History Channel says that while Paul Revere gets the credit, there were several of those riders going from village to village.
W KY Girl

Urbana, IL

#81957 Jan 12, 2013
Hal Lindsey, "Cracking the Faith Barrier"
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

Great message!
I am legend

London, KY

#81958 Jan 12, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that's some funny stuff. I can see you are already so attached that you will be begging them to stay, if they decide to go. LOL. Maybe you could fashion your neice a chastity belt. LOL.
Yeah, I have become attached to the little pooter and he's right in my footsteps every step I take, so I guess he's attached to me too. He's a fine boy, I dont understand how his pap can stand it without him.

He'll make a right good hand someday, big burly looking feller, never stops or even slows down till he's sleeping. I guess I'll keep them both.

I think I'll make his mammy a razor-blade belt like AW suggested, that'll put some serious discouragement on any future deadbeats. LoL
But now I know it took two of them. She'll be getting back in school next fall and working in the meantime, I wont abide by no sorriness at-all.
W KY Girl

Urbana, IL

#81959 Jan 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish we had a real life Paul Revere today...if only to warn us against Piers Morgan.
Ain't that the truth! That man irritates the heck out of me. Alex Jones acted pretty crazy in that video I posted the other day but he got my vote of approval because he dozed right over ol' arrogant Piers. lol Jones actually had his facts straight though. Who in the heck would name a kid "Piers?" His parents just wanted him to get his butt kicked. LOL
W KY Girl

Urbana, IL

#81960 Jan 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The History Channel says that while Paul Revere gets the credit, there were several of those riders going from village to village.
That is what "A Taste of History" said too.
I am legend

London, KY

#81961 Jan 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
She might, and you could end up like me, LOL. Full Time, 24/7. But I like it. Hubby just took the little guy to karate this morning, so I have the house to myself. I'll get real busy when he's due back home, so that he will think I've been slaving in this house.
I'll take him if it comes down to it. He deserves way better than he's been getting.
I think I can discourage some of the girls problems in my own sweet little way... discourage some of her...."enablers"- I guess is the word.
A car load of "enablers" pulled into the yard last night and she said; will you watch him for an hour or two? I said why sure, just wait right there just a minuet first. I went and got my old 12 gauge, walked out on the porch and put three loads of 00 buckshot into the gravels behind that car load of dope-heads.
They decided to move along on out of my driveway right quick like.
I dont think they'll come back no time soon.

Everyone down in town knows I'll help anyone right down to the shirt off my back BUT I am the last one to cross. I think she'll recover, or leave.
What a mess these kids get themselves into. But like I said that baby deserves better then he's been getting and by crackies he's going to get better than he's been getting if i can help it.
I'd take him in a heartbeat and make it legal if it came down to that.
Hey at least he keeps me off of here causing trouble. Am I right? LMAO
I am legend

London, KY

#81962 Jan 12, 2013
you all have a nice evening, especially you AB sweet chops. You sexy cougar you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Le Jimbo 153,369
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min Yiago 131,024
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 48 min Lwyphan 4,757
Kfc 57 min You are dumb 13
A Rat In Knox County 1 hr You are dumb 7
opening in November 6 hr hunter 8
Who read Dennis Gibson's post on Facebook? What... 6 hr jack 12
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 6 hr Syd Redlitch 18
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••