Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
68,801 - 68,820 of 81,562 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
58!!! You mean that woman was 58??? WOW!! I don't feel so bad about how I look now. Geesh, that woman looke about 75 years old plus!!
Yeah, 58 years old. I read one where they said she was elderly.lol
She did look like she was in her 70's. Crazy stories about the National Guard and out of state law enforcement. Federal Judge made them halt the gun confiscation and return the ones they took.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I can recall taking a leisurely walk along a beach with hubby. I was about a mile from the beach restroom when the first cramps hit. Hubby and I turned back and I hobbled to the restroom without an accident. While relieving myself in the restroom, a little girl and her mom walked in. The little girl kept saying, "It stinks here. I don't like it here,"etc. Well, I waited until both mother and daughter were in a stall so they could not see the perpetrator of the noxious odor. I came out and sat beside hubby on a brick wall in case I had to use the restroom again. Out comes the little girl with her mom, and she was still complaining about the horrible odor. Hubby looked up, pointed at me, and said, "She did it." I could have killed him. I was bent over laughing and hitting hubby at the same time. Oh, the memories... I've been on this thread too long, and I'm starting to think like Una.
I just can't help it lala, peoples reactions to cutting one is hilarious. That was funny what your husband pulled on you. Lol.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would get a kick out of that true workplace reprimand. Crazy huh? Like you. haha If I had been your wife, I probably would have left you there. lol
That Ryan's is still there. Never been there. I have to the one in Elizabethtown off the interstate. It use to be good and worth the money, but a few years ago we did a family meet up after my nephew's graduation and it was nasty. The only thing that was really good was the soft ice cream and there was enough of everything on our 3 tables pushed together. Don't know if they changed management or what. What a waste. Never went back. Don't do buffets much.
Hope you enjoyed the nice day. I did. Slept in with the window up, cool air this morning, fresh smell from the rain, and I swear I heard a flock of geese.
I loved that story AB. I'm with you on Ryans. They built one in Bowling Green, it was ok for a while, but as you say it got nasty. Lol. I had a very fat short boss that loved that place and wanted to go there anytime we were within 20 miles of it. One day he ate 5 whole fried catfish, 2 plates rounded up with vegetables and other meats, several different deserts and left with a pocket full of cookies wrapped in a napkin. I'm not kidding. LOL. His wife was as big as he was. He would have me stop at Papa John's Pizza he would buy 2 large pizzas for himself, wife and son. I walked into the office one day, his wife brought their lunch and they ate together. They had already eaten the main course and were working on their own bags(one bag for each)of the largest bags of Cheeto's made. Ol' Chester Cheeto looked 3ft tall on the bag. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

I got a wild hair and cooked up some supper tonight(dinner is the noon day meal in Allen County)LOL. My two little dogs and I pigged out. Salmon patties, baked potato, cream style corn, macaroni & cheeze and fried cornbread. Fartin' like a Jack. Whoo wee.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

@UNA That last post reminded me of a huge woman from my former work. Her husband came to pick her up in a tiny little car one day and he was so huge he could barely fit in the driver's seat. She got into the rear on the passenger side to balance out the car since she was even bigger than her husband. LOL I felt sorry for the tires. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
I got a wild hair and cooked up some supper tonight(dinner is the noon day meal in Allen County)LOL. My two little dogs and I pigged out. Salmon patties, baked potato, cream style corn, macaroni & cheeze and fried cornbread. Fartin' like a Jack. Whoo wee.
I fixed macaroni and cheese also. But had it with lemon-pepper tilapia and steamed brocoli and 5-cheese Texas toast. I am not gassing yet but expect the brocoli will kick in any minute now.
I am legend

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
you Allen county aristocrats eat like kings!
Man Oh man I'm hungry now.
The little feller, his strumpet mother and I had save-a-lot corned beef and veggie soup with diced tomatoes, and saltines on the side MMM MMMM.
Seriously it was good and we were thankful to have it.
Little do dad smacked those lips and ate like a little hog.
I think I'll make him some salmon cakes tomorrow and see how he takes to them. I bet he shovels them down like everything else. I have not found vittles he wont eat so far. I have never seen a youngin gulp down buttermilk before, he loves it.
With the price of buttermilk being what it is, I guess I'll have to take the cans off soon.
I am legend

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
UNA you would like my little grand nephew, he can cut some poots that'll clear the room of all life forms in a hurry. He walked by my cat and cut one, the cat got a whiff, shook his head and ran at the door so fast he bounced off of it. The little monster laughed and laughed.
I think I'll just keep em, put the girl back in school and watch the little pooter while she's gone. Man I hope she dont get go out and get bigged with another one though. I better think that idea over some more.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

I am legend wrote:
<quoted text>UNA you would like my little grand nephew, he can cut some poots that'll clear the room of all life forms in a hurry. He walked by my cat and cut one, the cat got a whiff, shook his head and ran at the door so fast he bounced off of it. The little monster laughed and laughed.
I think I'll just keep em, put the girl back in school and watch the little pooter while she's gone. Man I hope she dont get go out and get bigged with another one though. I better think that idea over some more.
LOL, that's some funny stuff. I can see you are already so attached that you will be begging them to stay, if they decide to go. LOL. Maybe you could fashion your neice a chastity belt. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

I am legend wrote:
<quoted text>you Allen county aristocrats eat like kings!
Man Oh man I'm hungry now.
The little feller, his strumpet mother and I had save-a-lot corned beef and veggie soup with diced tomatoes, and saltines on the side MMM MMMM.
Seriously it was good and we were thankful to have it.
Little do dad smacked those lips and ate like a little hog.
I think I'll make him some salmon cakes tomorrow and see how he takes to them. I bet he shovels them down like everything else. I have not found vittles he wont eat so far. I have never seen a youngin gulp down buttermilk before, he loves it.
With the price of buttermilk being what it is, I guess I'll have to take the cans off soon.
LOL, that sounds pretty good to me. It's rare for me to cook anything but breakfast. I usually eat whatever is convenient. I went to Save-A-Lot and got this stuff this afternoon. Breakfast really isn't any big deal, two eggs scrambled, Save-A-Lot frozen pancakes nuked with Morning Delight sugar free syrup 1/4 cup only 25 calories, best syrup I ever tryed. In the morning I'll nuke a couple of the left over Salmons for breakfast. The good Lord willing that is.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that sounds pretty good to me. It's rare for me to cook anything but breakfast. I usually eat whatever is convenient. I went to Save-A-Lot and got this stuff this afternoon. Breakfast really isn't any big deal, two eggs scrambled, Save-A-Lot frozen pancakes nuked with Morning Delight sugar free syrup 1/4 cup only 25 calories, best syrup I ever tryed. In the morning I'll nuke a couple of the left over Salmons for breakfast. The good Lord willing that is.
Una, some left over salmon patties with scrambled eggs also goes well with some fried apples using nothing but some cinnamon and the Sav-A-Lot sugar-free syrup, some butter and water. The patties substitutes for bread or pancakes. Drat, I wish I had fixed the salmon patties now instead of trying to impress my friend with the lemon-pepper grilled tilapia on the George Foreman grill. LOL oh well, can't win em all. I snack a lot and generally only cook about twice a week and make enough to last 2 or 3 days.

I foresee a definite increase in Legend's cooking. It is good to see someone smack their lips and gulp down something one has prepared, even if it is a little tiger. I would not mind having a part-time tiger. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that's some funny stuff. I can see you are already so attached that you will be begging them to stay, if they decide to go. LOL. Maybe you could fashion your neice a chastity belt. LOL.
Maybe fashion one like a guillotine. LOL
KENTUCKY _GUY

Muskogee, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

new evidence of extinct volcano in Arkansas,venting off sulphur like fumes and smoke,source of information usgs

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

I am legend wrote:
<quoted text>UNA you would like my little grand nephew, he can cut some poots that'll clear the room of all life forms in a hurry. He walked by my cat and cut one, the cat got a whiff, shook his head and ran at the door so fast he bounced off of it. The little monster laughed and laughed.
She might, and you could end up like me, LOL. Full Time, 24/7. But I like it. Hubby just took the little guy to karate this morning, so I have the house to myself. I'll get real busy when he's due back home, so that he will think I've been slaving in this house.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Una, some left over salmon patties with scrambled eggs also goes well with some fried apples using nothing but some cinnamon and the Sav-A-Lot sugar-free syrup, some butter and water. The patties substitutes for bread or pancakes. Drat, I wish I had fixed the salmon patties now instead of trying to impress my friend with the lemon-pepper grilled tilapia on the George Foreman grill. LOL oh well, can't win em all. I snack a lot and generally only cook about twice a week and make enough to last 2 or 3 days.
I foresee a definite increase in Legend's cooking. It is good to see someone smack their lips and gulp down something one has prepared, even if it is a little tiger. I would not mind having a part-time tiger. LOL
You can always borrow my tiger for a little while, only a little while though. Bet you could teach him some good values. You really have captured the essence of life, that few people do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

KENTUCKY _GUY wrote:
new evidence of extinct volcano in Arkansas,venting off sulphur like fumes and smoke,source of information usgs
Oh, oh, that's all we need now. I must have missed that one. I usually keep track of that stuff...not that we can do anything about it, except get out of the way, and hope the wind stays south of us.
W KY Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I would not mind having a part-time tiger. LOL
Good morning AW (and everybody). AW, I bet you could find a boy at your church who doesn't even have a man in his life-actually plenty of boys (and girls)! There are so many dead-beat dads, so many that were nothing but sperm doners. I have a couple nephews who have grown up without their dads in their lives and it is really heartbreaking. It would have meant the world to those boys if some man had of stepped up to the plate and just been a friend to them. They will worship the ground you walk on. You ought to think about it. I have wished a million times that men in the church would do that. No it's not your problem. Like a lot of men, you have already raised your own. But I know you would get more out of it than you could ever put into it.

Have a great day!:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Going to be another wet and rainy day here. But, gosh it's warm. Having hot flashes in this weather is like standing in an oven that's on 350 with the door closed!
W KY Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Boy this weather! I was hot last night so I slept like a wild woman and tore my bed apart, well the covers that is. It was way up in the 60's here yesterday. I hope the flowers/trees don't bloom out only to be froze.
W KY Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
She might, and you could end up like me, LOL. Full Time, 24/7. But I like it. Hubby just took the little guy to karate this morning, so I have the house to myself. I'll get real busy when he's due back home, so that he will think I've been slaving in this house.
LOL Go ahead and get the vacuum out and string it across the middle of the floor. Pour a little Pinesol in the toilet or a sink. He'll think you have been working so hard. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Objective Onlooker 128,950
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Cornelius Scudmister 146,968
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 2 hr Hand Unloads 3
Dentist AJ Smith 2 hr Been there 3
Is James Brown single? (Apr '13) 2 hr Wildcat99 10
New club in Barbourville? 2 hr boozer 4
creekie 2 hr Nancy 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000