Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
68,721 - 68,740 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>Yes lala, big lips for my boney butt. Lol.
Lol. No comment for fear of getting kicked off Topix.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's the weather, Roaming. Not much going on in beautiful downtown Scottsville right now. The most exciting thing I saw in town today was one of local Topix's most elite subjects, knocked up again.
LOL.
That's so sad. What is the world coming to. Innocent babies coming into the world without stable parents.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
No I'm not nuts. Man when those dead worms came out, it smelled like I had pooped a pine tree.
I do hope that you are kidding!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Hope you had a two seater at school.
It was quite traumatic when they put all the kids doubled up on the other side of the room and I sat all alone. I had the stinking lonesome squirts. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I am legend wrote:
I am actually starting to like that little feller.
He calls me do da. I walked by him with a bologna sandwich today and he spit his pacifier in the coal bucket and said bite do da. The little chomper ate most of my sandwich and said; tank do da. Then he got his pacifier back out of the coal bucket and started running, hahahaha he got it back in his mouth before I could catch the little critter.
Yep, he's a coal burner I guess. Never lets up for a second, leaves no stone un-turned.
They will most likely be the death of me, but I'll just as likely die smiling.
Yes, you will survive, parents usually do. How would you like to be raising one when you are an old hag like me. Thought my job was done when the nest got empty, until my youngest daughter said, "Surprise," then blithely went about her life without the little guy.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so sad. What is the world coming to. Innocent babies coming into the world without stable parents.
I know, this one is unmarried, goes with multiple men(so they say)and is pregnant most of the time. She would probably have to go on the Maury Show to know who the father is. Lol.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hope that you are kidding!!!
About the pine tree, yes. About taking the turpentine and sugar, no. LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Hey lala and Nope, everyone. It is a warm, but gloomy day. A drizzle here and there during the day, but no downpours.
I am off for a 6:30 dinner at O'Charley's then off to watch the UK game @ 9:00 so I will catch up with all of you later. I am off to get ready. You folks have a great evening. Check in later.
lala, seen this and thought you would like the laugh. I did:
These two cats really don't want to share one bowl of tasty kibble
If you're a cat and you see a fellow feline chowing down on some delicious kibble, it's only natural you're going to slide the bowl over and grab a bite yourself. And if some other cat steals the delicious kibble you're chowing down on, it's only natural to reclaim it. But if a fellow feline steals back its kibble and you're still hungry, it's only natural to passive-aggressively slide the bowl back under your own mouth ... and so on. Can't the owners of these cats just get separate bowls and avoid this perpetual (and weirdly hypnotizing) back-and-forth?
http://now.msn.com/cats-share-bowl-of-kibble-...
Have a good evening.:) Go CATS!!!
Hope you had a good time this evening. How did the game turn out? Remember that I am not a basketball fan??? I'd better be careful who I tell that to around these parts! LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Well I think while everyone is in a Jovial mood, I will go on to bed and dream about little tiger running off with "I am Poster's" bologna sandwich.

Good Night Do Da, Una, and Lala and any I might have missed.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I'll be dogged if I'm not getting a soft spot for the old Imposter....

Didn't know he had it in him. Go figure. The most ornery one on here and it turns out he has a soft spot after all.

Can we all offer up a collective "Awwwwwwwww"........
:)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It was quite traumatic when they put all the kids doubled up on the other side of the room and I sat all alone. I had the stinking lonesome squirts. LOL
Yep AW, I pooped my pants one day at the old one room schoolhouse, no laxatives involved. The teacher had our class at the blackboard, I really had to go bad. At least I made it back to my seat and I held up my hand with two fingers up. The teacher said, someone is out already and you will have to wait until they get back. Well to her Surprize, there was no waiting. I had a blow out right there. Ahahaha. Dang, the teachers eyes bugged out as the lovely aroma filled the schoolhouse. Yep it was the squirts.

I cleaned out my drawers the best I could with writing paper. I lived within a mile of the school and could have walked home. Just for pure meaness to get back at the teacher I stayed the rest of the day, about 4 hours. When I got home my mom was so mad, not because I had pooped my pants or at the teacher, but because I had stayed at school stinking. Ahahahah. She told me she should whip my butt. I wonder why mama decided not to whip my butt? Hehehehe.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Well I think while everyone is in a Jovial mood, I will go on to bed and dream about little tiger running off with "I am Poster's" bologna sandwich.
Good Night Do Da, Una, and Lala and any I might have missed.
Good night AW.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Fartman out of here. PHHHHARRRTTTTTTT!!!!
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Hello Everyone! I just took ten minutes to read yall, now I'm goin to sleep. I'm glad I tuned in...Thanks!

I have so much I would like to post, but not from this darn phone.

Maybe just this one. I also used to get those dreaded treatments. Mom alwas made me open my mouth to make sure I had swallowed the medicine. I remember how bad it would make my stomach hurt. I recall the castor oil and castoria. Seems like the castoria had a good taste.

I think maybe if every day when I had made a #2 if I had said "Hey mom look I made a doodoo and look no worms" she would have thought I was sassing her and gave me a double dose next time.

Good night to All!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

W KY Girl wrote:
I agree with you Oglala. Just yesterday there was a couple on Dr. Phil with there 15 yo son. That boy was terrorizing his parents! He had caught the house on fire, threatened to kill them, hit his mother, injured himself, swung a bat at his grandmother and store employees, attacked other kids, cussed out judges, been admitted 14 times for treatment/observation, etc. Nobody could pinpoint the problem! Meanwhile the parents were having to live with the kid, terrified. It had started when he was six years old. Dr Phil and his associates thought the boy was autistic and offered help. He told them if the treatment didn't help they were way in over their head! What the heck are parents supposed to do in a situation like that!?! They had done ALL they could! And I am sure there are many more cases like that. No doubt that kid could grow up to commit a mass killing.
I think the main problem is all the vaccines that they are giving kids! In the past we didn't have this problem. Sure there were kids born with problems but nowhere near this many kids had mental problems. I'm not sure of all the facts on it but I know they have added many new vaccines and they are processing the vaccines differently. I know of one baby who stopped breathing immediately when given a vaccine. Thank God the baby was revived but if a "simple" vaccine can cause a kid to STOP breathing/die, what does it do to their tiny undeveloped brain!
Every kid that I can think of who has committed a mass killing had some of these mental problems and I'm sure on medication for it. GUNS are not the root of the problem. They need to quit poisoning kids.
Many parents have tried all they can do. In my case, I weathered physical and verbal assaults, property damage, my own war on drugs, waged against a family member's addiction, and numerous bad situations best left unsaid. I tried to help with couselling, securing psychiatric intervention, with minimal insurance coverage and with private funds. I progressed from an "enabler" to trying "tough love," but to no avail. Doctors, inpatient and outpatient interventionists, police, courts were approached without helping to solve the problem. When the individual reached adulthood, there was even less help available, but then there was an innocent baby who was put at risk. Then came the battle with social service who would not allow the baby to remain with his mother, and rightly so, but the agency stated that the child would go to foster care, rather than allowing us to keep the baby. The rationale? A foster home was supposedly more objective and there was always the hope of reunification with the mother. Really??? After all the years of parents trying to help. At that point, I put the problem in the hands of the Lord. Finally, the baby's parents signed their rights away, and we got to adopt our little guy.

The reason I am saying all this is because there are many, many parents in crisis similar to mine, but there is still a stigma to mental illness and people are embarrassed to bring it out in the open. But there is hope only if we are able to talk about these unpleasant things. I could have written the article I spoke about before, entitled, "I am Adam Lanza's mother." The only thing that I did that she did not, and that is to lock up weapons in a safe way, never allowing access to them by ANYONE. But we need to start a national conversation about giving more support to folks with serious mental problems, exacerbated by the prevalence of street drugs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Good-night, everyone, and sleep soundly and peacefully. I'll be back tomorrow, Lord willing. Love and prayers to all.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep AW, I pooped my pants one day at the old one room schoolhouse, no laxatives involved. The teacher had our class at the blackboard, I really had to go bad. At least I made it back to my seat and I held up my hand with two fingers up. The teacher said, someone is out already and you will have to wait until they get back. Well to her Surprize, there was no waiting. I had a blow out right there. Ahahaha. Dang, the teachers eyes bugged out as the lovely aroma filled the schoolhouse. Yep it was the squirts.
I cleaned out my drawers the best I could with writing paper. I lived within a mile of the school and could have walked home. Just for pure meaness to get back at the teacher I stayed the rest of the day, about 4 hours. When I got home my mom was so mad, not because I had pooped my pants or at the teacher, but because I had stayed at school stinking. Ahahahah. She told me she should whip my butt. I wonder why mama decided not to whip my butt? Hehehehe.
Well UNA, we do have much in common. I have a similar story about 2nd grade and green apples with a slight variance. It was not a one room school, but a country school with all 12 grades that got their water from cisterns. They had inside plumbing that was only used during special events and basketball games,the kids had to use two 8 holer outhouses to save on the water. 1st and 2nd grades were in army surplus quanset huts with hardwood floors. The teacher was waxing the hardwood and just would not let me go and track up her floor, which I did anyways but not with my feet. LOL
I had to stay at school since we lived 7 miles away and rode the bus. The results were the same as your story. I suppose many young kids have pooped their pants at school.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
Hello Everyone! I just took ten minutes to read yall, now I'm goin to sleep. I'm glad I tuned in...Thanks!
I have so much I would like to post, but not from this darn phone.
Maybe just this one. I also used to get those dreaded treatments. Mom alwas made me open my mouth to make sure I had swallowed the medicine. I remember how bad it would make my stomach hurt. I recall the castor oil and castoria. Seems like the castoria had a good taste.
I think maybe if every day when I had made a #2 if I had said "Hey mom look I made a doodoo and look no worms" she would have thought I was sassing her and gave me a double dose next time.
Good night to All!
Hi Blueminer, 3:30 am here and dog is out to the tree. We never got Castor Oil very often, but Cod Liver oil was quite regular. As for worms, we had an outhouse and Mom usually took a hoe and looked for herself. LOL Once I swallowed a dime and she retreived it and washed it off and I recycled it at the country store for a RC Cola and a Moon Pie. LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Glad I'm not the only one awake... Got up and figured I'd just make a cup of coffee.

I wasn't a 'loose pooper' in grade school, but I was pretty sick as a child. Sick more often than healthy. So I contributed my fair share of puke piles to the desk tops, etc. Man. I bet I can recall every single time I puked right in the classroom because I couldn't get away quick enough..

I swear, those teachers back then were masochists.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

We used to get doses of Paregoric when we were little.. That crap was a real mind bender.

Castor oil was also really common in our house.

And those nasty poultice/plasters for a chest cold? OMG. I can still smell it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min DITCH MITCH 150,082
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min justice_- 130,288
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 31 min Dental Assistant 41
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 50 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,475
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 1 hr Big fan 3
Lesb or Bi 1 hr Good time Sally 2
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 1 hr Just saying 7

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000