Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
68,701 - 68,720 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Feeling drained tonight. Wonder if it's the weather?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Feeling drained tonight. Wonder if it's the weather?
It's got to be the weather. It's warm for winter, but so dreary. I slept nearly all day, which is very much out of the ordinary for me.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I wish I could have slept. Maybe I would have felt better. I'm hoping it's the weather.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
That is some set of lips they have for an icon! I'd beware of them.
Yes lala, big lips for my boney butt. Lol.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
I wish I could have slept. Maybe I would have felt better. I'm hoping it's the weather.
I feel your pain there!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
I guess it's the weather, Roaming. Not much going on in beautiful downtown Scottsville right now. The most exciting thing I saw in town today was one of local Topix's most elite subjects, knocked up again. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel your pain there!
Nanny remember when you used to give me a big ol' tablespoon of turpentine and sugar when I was wormie? Maybe that's it. Hehehehe.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

No I'm not nuts. Man when those dead worms came out, it smelled like I had pooped a pine tree.
I am legend

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Hey I am Poster.. How is the diaper bucket ? LOL YUK
It is always full and stankey. I take the trash out three times a day. Buying all of those dollar store diapers and garbage bags is killing my retirement fund...I am down to a few inches of change at the bottom of the jar, mostly pennies.
She is a fine looking girl, runs in the family...but the kid is as mean as a striped snake, that runs in the family too.
Someone help me find her a young man, quick.
I am legend

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Hey I am Poster.. How is the diaper bucket ? LOL YUK
I thought you would be the one to unravel my moniker. You old buzzard. You're still as sharp as a two edged sword.
I am legend

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
No I'm not nuts. Man when those dead worms came out, it smelled like I had pooped a pine tree.
My dad always gave us a big shot of turpentine mixed with shine. It worked.... We were always so glad when we got worms.
I am legend

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I am actually starting to like that little feller.
He calls me do da. I walked by him with a bologna sandwich today and he spit his pacifier in the coal bucket and said bite do da. The little chomper ate most of my sandwich and said; tank do da. Then he got his pacifier back out of the coal bucket and started running, hahahaha he got it back in his mouth before I could catch the little critter.
Yep, he's a coal burner I guess. Never lets up for a second, leaves no stone un-turned.
They will most likely be the death of me, but I'll just as likely die smiling.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I am legend wrote:
<quoted text>My dad always gave us a big shot of turpentine mixed with shine. It worked.... We were always so glad when we got worms.
LOL, you were the lucky one. My mom gave mine mixed with sugar. You are right, it worked.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

well "I am Poster", Thanks for the vote of confidence even though it did not last long. But don't look to me for help with the diapers. I am down to 71 cents myself with 6 more days to go before the eagle lands again. Can you hose them out and hang them on the clothes line? LOL

The little tiger might be just what you need to add a little "get up" to your go and put a little smile on your face and if it does you in, heck we all gotta go somehow so you about as well go counting your blessings and knowing that you helped someone.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

oops, I looked at that wrong with the old eyes. The vote of confidence is still there. We always got a tablespoon each of turpentine and shine, mixed with a double portion of sorghum molasses. Supposedly good for worms and a sore throat and enough of it would even help with a sore toe. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

The only thing my mom wouldn't give me and my sister was Castor Oil. She said her mama gave her so much of that awful tasting stuff, she wouldn't ever make us take it. I always wondered if mama thought the turpentine tasted good, but I didn't dare ask her. LOL. The best I remember she gave us some crap called Castoria when we got our pooters clogged up. Dang, that stuff worked too. I think we finally graduated to chocolate Exlax, those were rather tasty. LMAO.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
The only thing my mom wouldn't give me and my sister was Castor Oil. She said her mama gave her so much of that awful tasting stuff, she wouldn't ever make us take it. I always wondered if mama thought the turpentine tasted good, but I didn't dare ask her. LOL. The best I remember she gave us some crap called Castoria when we got our pooters clogged up. Dang, that stuff worked too. I think we finally graduated to chocolate Exlax, those were rather tasty. LMAO.
Some kid brought a box of Chocolate Exlax to grade school and we all thought it was candy (at first) LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Kids now days have got it made. My second cousin, the one that that used to hide in the weeds with me and laugh as our dads would casterate the pigs, had to be circumcised when he was a teen. An old country doctor, no medication and a scapel, you get the picture. LOL. It took eight grown ups to hold him down for the procedure. He said he thought he was going to die and wished he could. LOL. I bet those pigs would liked to have been watching.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Somewhere in the 50s, there was a product on the market called "Hadacol". It predated "Geritol". Well, old folks took that stuff and they felt "FINE" until it was discovered to contain 97% alcohol. LOL My granny loved it.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Some kid brought a box of Chocolate Exlax to grade school and we all thought it was candy (at first) LOL
LOL. Hope you had a two seater at school.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min Cornelius Scudmister 150,044
Missy Lake 1 hr Question 1
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 2 hr yea right 6
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Jealous Person 3,474
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Curious 130,287
Charmaine 4 hr Shameless 1
D Boone Days 5 hr Booneville Man 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••