Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,430)

Showing posts 68,581 - 68,600 of81,544
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

**Yawnnnn**

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
**Yawnnnn**
You got that right. Coming to the bird topic lately might just cure your insomnia. Lol.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I feel the need to bring up something very important. I shy away from political topics, but this very important because it directly affects our rights as free Americans. I happened to catch a couple of news stories. The first was about gun control. Our Vice President has said, "We are going after guns, and the courts and the Constitution be damned." I am a nonviolent person, but I believe a person has the right to protect himself. If I have committed no crimes and have no mental illness, and acquired a gun for personal protection, I do not believe that I should surrender my gun. Folks, this has been coming for some time,and the unfortunate incident in Connecticut is giving politicians an excuse for gun seizure. We should be alert and not let our Constitutional rights be trampled.

The second news story involved a couple who had a family garden for 20 years, owned their own home, and paid taxes. The town in which they live threatened to fine them $500.00/day unless they destroyed their garden. They are fighting this, and when it made national news, the authorities in control are starting to back down.

There are more and more incidents like this, and these kinds of interference directly affects a large number of citizens.

This is just a little info., but I find it disturbing that we are being encumbered by more and more rules and regulations. As you folks know, I shy away from discussion of politics and religion because it often results in arguments that go around and around. I feel it is important enough to make you aware of the trend of things to come.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
I feel the need to bring up something very important. I shy away from political topics, but this very important because it directly affects our rights as free Americans. I happened to catch a couple of news stories. The first was about gun control. Our Vice President has said, "We are going after guns, and the courts and the Constitution be damned." I am a nonviolent person, but I believe a person has the right to protect himself. If I have committed no crimes and have no mental illness, and acquired a gun for personal protection, I do not believe that I should surrender my gun. Folks, this has been coming for some time,and the unfortunate incident in Connecticut is giving politicians an excuse for gun seizure. We should be alert and not let our Constitutional rights be trampled.
The second news story involved a couple who had a family garden for 20 years, owned their own home, and paid taxes. The town in which they live threatened to fine them $500.00/day unless they destroyed their garden. They are fighting this, and when it made national news, the authorities in control are starting to back down.
There are more and more incidents like this, and these kinds of interference directly affects a large number of citizens.
This is just a little info., but I find it disturbing that we are being encumbered by more and more rules and regulations. As you folks know, I shy away from discussion of politics and religion because it often results in arguments that go around and around. I feel it is important enough to make you aware of the trend of things to come.
Lala, I recommend keeping 2 or 3 junker of el cheapo guns around and the others well hidden. If and when they come for them give them the junkers. Even if they are on record as you buying them there is no law saying you can't resell or trade them. There is no proof that you still have the guns.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Speaking of chicken earlier, dog lovers check your treats...

Firms withdraw chicken jerky pet treats over antibiotics

Two of the nation’s top retailers of chicken jerky dog treats are voluntarily withdrawing several popular brands after New York state agriculture officials said they may be contaminated with unapproved antibiotics.

Nestle Purina PetCare Co. officials announced Wednesday that they’re withdrawing Waggin’ Train and Canyon Creek Ranch brand dog treats until further notice. Officials at Milo’s Kitchen, which is owned by the Del Monte Corp., announced they are voluntarily recalling the firm's Chicken Jerky and Chicken Grillers home-style dog treats from shelves nationwide.

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/09/16...
any name

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
I have been trying to talk about this for the past 2 years here and no one ever wants to discuss it and I get called a conspiracy kook for trying to expose the truth about what's really going on in this country. The military police state of the New World Order is coming and everyone is asleep or don't give a damn. Yes my language and communication style is often abrasive and even hateful, but I do it for a reason to hopefully stir up some meaningful conversation on this critical subject and to wake people up from their slumber.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

lala, I seen that story about the couple in Florida and their garden. Apparently, they have a city ordinance against growing vegetable gardens in the Front yard. Wonder why they didn't put it in the back like most people do. They were warned in November. There are lots of ordinances like that in many cities. Some won't let you have a fence all the way around your house, only back yards.
Rave

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
lala, I seen that story about the couple in Florida and their garden. Apparently, they have a city ordinance against growing vegetable gardens in the Front yard. Wonder why they didn't put it in the back like most people do. They were warned in November. There are lots of ordinances like that in many cities. Some won't let you have a fence all the way around your house, only back yards.
do you agree with this ordinance?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

1. Unarmed citizens, are unprotected citizens. Meaning they are even unprotected from their respective governments. Governments have been well known to turn on their own people.
(History proven fact).

2. The government can't take what they don't know you have.
(Firearms).

3. The underlying "powers" don't WANT us to be self sufficient. Growing a personal garden is being self sufficient. They want us to rely on them completely. Rely on them, depend on no one but them. Even Mj, an herb, is still illegal and we all know it's healing properties.
(Food and medical)

I'll die fighting before I'll be told what I can and can't grow for my own consumption, on my own property. Property that I've paid taxes on and will continue to pay taxes on for the rest of my life..

The day they make a tomato plant illegal, is the day I pack up what I can carry in one trip and move to another country.....

Central Canada is looking better all the time..

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Two of the nation’s top retailers of chicken jerky dog treats are voluntarily withdrawing several popular brands after New York state agriculture officials said they may be contaminated with unapproved antibiotics.
Nestle Purina PetCare Co. officials announced Wednesday that they’re withdrawing Waggin’ Train and Canyon Creek Ranch brand dog treats until further notice. Officials at Milo’s Kitchen, which is owned by the Del Monte Corp., announced they are voluntarily recalling the firm's Chicken Jerky and Chicken Grillers home-style dog treats from shelves nationwide.
AB, my two girls are getting chicken treats called Canine carry outs. They are trade marked under Del Monte. Not sure, but they have been eating them for a long time with no health problems. It should be law that all products from China be labeled so. I do not buy health, beauty aids, toothpaste, soap, etc. if they are mfg. in China. Anti-freeze ingrendients in toothpaste, melamine in products, total crap.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
I once lived in another very rural area. An unincorporated area of this 'other' city, mind you.... There, I was told I couldn't have my poultry, aka chickens, because I was a mere 100 feet from the agricultural line. BUT: For a "nominal yearly fee", they would grandfather my flock in and I could keep them.

I kept them anyway.
(Because I moved).
chicken

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
I think they are planning on using the chicken for human consumption instead
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Rave wrote:
<quoted text>
do you agree with this ordinance?
Yes, I do. If you move into an area or neighborhood within city limits you should make sure you can live with their ordinances on the books. The people vote for these and if they move there in a neighborhood that has those ordinances on the books you either live within them or move. If I had a nice house next door or across the street and my yard was manicured and landscaped I wouldn't be too happy to see a big garden taking away from that. It just wouldn't look right no matter how nice that garden looked, whether you shared it with the neighbors even. To some it would be a real eyesore. Our society has always had laws, rules, and regulations. If they can't put it in the back yard then they should move where they can grow in all around their house if they want to. That is just the way it is. Just like the fence not being in the front anymore (meter readers etc..hazard), leash laws etc. It is a real nice garden though.

Couple fined for having garden: Take that, urban vegetable gardening trend (+video)

A couple fined for having a garden in Orlando, Fla. has been ordered to dig up their vegetables or pay a $500 a day fine until they do.

Although there have been changes in municipal laws in recent years to adjust for the swell of urban gardens and yuppies-turned-horticulturalis ts,(we ran a story about this a couple of years back), a slew of zoning ordinances limit the reach of suburban green thumbs. Turns out that the well manicured lawn still has a lot of sway – and that a lot of neighbors are less pleased with squash and cabbage than with pansies and daffodils.

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Family/M...
second amendment

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
1. Unarmed citizens, are unprotected citizens. Meaning they are even unprotected from their respective governments. Governments have been well known to turn on their own people.
(History proven fact).
2. The government can't take what they don't know you have.
(Firearms).
3. The underlying "powers" don't WANT us to be self sufficient. Growing a personal garden is being self sufficient. They want us to rely on them completely. Rely on them, depend on no one but them. Even Mj, an herb, is still illegal and we all know it's healing properties.
(Food and medical)
I'll die fighting before I'll be told what I can and can't grow for my own consumption, on my own property. Property that I've paid taxes on and will continue to pay taxes on for the rest of my life..
The day they make a tomato plant illegal, is the day I pack up what I can carry in one trip and move to another country.....
Central Canada is looking better all the time..
the second amendment was put in there by the founding fathers because they knew that we needed to be able to protect ourselves if our government ever went rogue with leaders that ignore the Constitution. I think this country is now perilously close to this point. With those words of Joe Biden, we should demand that he be removed from office.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Yes, and where I came from, there were rules about what color your house can be painted. The point that I was trying to make is that ordinances and laws are eating away our individual liberties, and we don't blink an eye. We gradually accept more and more rules until we wake up one day and find that we are no longer living in the America we knew. It's like the old adage: If you put a frog in hot water, he will jump out. But if you put him in room temperature water and gradually turn up the heat, he will be boiled to death without trying to save himself. If I were in that situation, I would start a petition to appeal the ordinance, in other words, work within the system. But that is because I'm a coward, and too old to be an activist. In all practicality, it would be a long process and not likely be successful because of general apathy and people not wanting to get involved.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Good night, everyone, and pleasant dreams. Will be back tomorrow, Lord willing.
run

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I once lived in another very rural area. An unincorporated area of this 'other' city, mind you.... There, I was told I couldn't have my poultry, aka chickens, because I was a mere 100 feet from the agricultural line. BUT: For a "nominal yearly fee", they would grandfather my flock in and I could keep them.
I kept them anyway.
(Because I moved).
running away may not always be a good choice, because there will come a day when there will be nowhere else to run. Sometimes you just have to stand your ground.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Good night, everyone, and pleasant dreams. Will be back tomorrow, Lord willing.
Good night Lala.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

run wrote:
<quoted text>
running away may not always be a good choice, because there will come a day when there will be nowhere else to run. Sometimes you just have to stand your ground.
I choose my battles wisely. Some are just not worth the fight when you consider the variables and the outcome. Expectations and outcome, equated with reasoning and common sense...

I might be old now but I've learned from both my mistakes AND my accomplishments in this life. I know when to take a stand for what's right for me, just as I know when to politely and quietly bail...
Even in a case of 'bailing', you could be the real victor..
heat

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do. If you move into an area or neighborhood within city limits you should make sure you can live with their ordinances on the books. The people vote for these and if they move there in a neighborhood that has those ordinances on the books you either live within them or move. If I had a nice house next door or across the street and my yard was manicured and landscaped I wouldn't be too happy to see a big garden taking away from that. It just wouldn't look right no matter how nice that garden looked, whether you shared it with the neighbors even. To some it would be a real eyesore. Our society has always had laws, rules, and regulations. If they can't put it in the back yard then they should move where they can grow in all around their house if they want to. That is just the way it is. Just like the fence not being in the front anymore (meter readers etc..hazard), leash laws etc. It is a real nice garden though.
Couple fined for having garden: Take that, urban vegetable gardening trend (+video)
A couple fined for having a garden in Orlando, Fla. has been ordered to dig up their vegetables or pay a $500 a day fine until they do.
Although there have been changes in municipal laws in recent years to adjust for the swell of urban gardens and yuppies-turned-horticulturalis ts,(we ran a story about this a couple of years back), a slew of zoning ordinances limit the reach of suburban green thumbs. Turns out that the well manicured lawn still has a lot of sway – and that a lot of neighbors are less pleased with squash and cabbage than with pansies and daffodils.
http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Family/M...
ok that's a good point, but let's take Lala's analogy with the frog and let's say they "turn up the heat" and now tell you that you can't have a garden in your backyard either because your neighbors think it's an eyesore to them. According to your logic, it seems that your neighbor's preferences take precedence over yours, so would you agree if an ordinance like this was passed? I am not saying this simply to be argumentative, the point is where do you draw the line between your rights and the law, or are you one who will abide by the laws no matter if you disagree with it or no matter how ridiculous the law may be, because there are certainly a lot of ridiculous laws out there which are still in the books that no one even challenges.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,581 - 68,600 of81,544
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min Cities 144,681
Richard and Sarah hicks 1 hr LOL 9
free phones for anybody that gets food stamps o... 1 hr dat girl 1
trail camera 2 hr Get Real 13
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr only me 16,114
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 2 hr 75 Scorpio 3,736
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr ques 1,008
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 9 hr billy 370
KC Basketball Coach 13 hr breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs