Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,704

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81558 Jan 9, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD reveals himself to people in many ways, but HE has not revealed HIMSELF for me to personally believe in the moving over and coming back to tell of near death experiences. I have to agree with "I am poster" that a person's brain waves can and does visualize things based on oxygen depletion.
If GOD'S message was that important, He would reveal it to all mankind and not just "Earthquake" Kelly and a select few. Matthew 24:4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them: Take heed that no man deceive you".
The oxygen depletion theory has been refuted by several neurologists. There is still much to learn about consciousness surviving after the neocortex (gray matter in the brain)stops functioning. The last book that I read involving this topic was written by a neurosurgeon who had a near-death experience. It is very interesting. I don't know what heaven is like but I am absolutely certain (faith) that Our Creator has more in store for us after we leave this planet physically.
From a medical standpoint, an individual who becomes acutely deprived of oxygen usually becomes agitated and combative (internal agitation, not related to an observable cause) and does not experience the serenity or recall vivid details most often associated with a near death experience. Science and the belief in God need not be mutually exclusive.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81559 Jan 9, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
AB, I think it looks like a mountian oyster that Humpaburn cooked up on the ol' Weber smoker. At 225 degrees of course. It's hard to find nice round ones at the supermarket anymore, most are kind of lop sided, per chef Humpaburn. Hehehehe.
haha, too funny. Good morning Una. Whatever it is, it is gross.

Location hidden

#81560 Jan 9, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I promise it wasn't me Uglylala. Thank the Lord, I'm not underground yet. LOL. And good morning dear one.
Good morning to you. No, I knew that it wasn't you. You would have to eat a ton of beans to produce that loud of an explosion LOL.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81561 Jan 9, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
My philosophy is to live my life as my own conscience allows, practice kindness toward my fellow man, respect nature and all of God's creatures, and believe with all of my heart that there IS a Creator, aka God. Hopefully, anything above and beyond that is icing on the cake in His eyes.
Your last paragraph fairly much summarizes my own beliefs. Having lived numerous years, I have seen many "preachers" (either ordained by their sect, televised, or self-appointed) fall from the way. I surely don't want to hang my eternal life based on hanging onto someone else's coat tail.

Location hidden

#81562 Jan 9, 2013
Bye for now. Hubby needs to use the computer and I need to do chores. Be back later.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#81563 Jan 9, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last paragraph fairly much summarizes my own beliefs. Having lived numerous years, I have seen many "preachers" (either ordained by their sect, televised, or self-appointed) fall from the way. I surely don't want to hang my eternal life based on hanging onto someone else's coat tail.
Agreed. I'm old enough to have seen, and reasoned, for myself by this point. Many who claim to be "men of God", ARE truly men of God I think.. Some, not so much "men of God", as "men of greed and control"..

I'll take the chance on my personal conscience. I know what's right and wrong by now. And as I continue to find inner peace, I've realized that this is more fruitful for ME than "following" the masses.. I can't take a chance on believing as someone else would try to convince me to. Red flags pop up for a reason.

I'll follow my heart. If the Lord lives in your heart, he'll guide your heart.

We're all free to follow our own convictions. And that's what I'll continue to do.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81564 Jan 9, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
The oxygen depletion theory has been refuted by several neurologists. There is still much to learn about consciousness surviving after the neocortex (gray matter in the brain)stops functioning. The last book that I read involving this topic was written by a neurosurgeon who had a near-death experience. It is very interesting. I don't know what heaven is like but I am absolutely certain (faith) that Our Creator has more in store for us after we leave this planet physically.
From a medical standpoint, an individual who becomes acutely deprived of oxygen usually becomes agitated and combative (internal agitation, not related to an observable cause) and does not experience the serenity or recall vivid details most often associated with a near death experience. Science and the belief in God need not be mutually exclusive.
whether that theory is true or false is really irrelevant to me, but I can see where the depletion of oxygen might cause one to be more agitated than peaceful. I have stood by the bedside of many loved ones as they passed over, and whether they saw a "light at the end of the tunnel" or not is also irrelevant. They knew and I knew that there was something better in store and the pain and suffering was over and many smiled. If a near death exerience has caused someone to repent and follow GOD, that is great and they can relay their stories to others that might need it, but I don't.

It is raining here now. Is the rain Science or God watering the earth? or both? Does it really matter?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81565 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, too funny. Good morning Una. Whatever it is, it is gross.
Good morning AB.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81566 Jan 9, 2013
Out to run errands, before it rains. Be back later. Have a great day!

Tried to post once and got an "Internal error" and back to the page, so if it posts twice...sorry! lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#81567 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Out to run errands, before it rains. Be back later. Have a great day!
Tried to post once and got an "Internal error" and back to the page, so if it posts twice...sorry! lol
Yeah, looks like their servers are messing up again.
I'm with you. Got things to do myself and it appears that I'm gonna get wet today no matter how long I put it off.

Later folks..

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81568 Jan 9, 2013
Everybody's incendiary, nuts and disagreed with, Cool Whee!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81569 Jan 9, 2013
some anonymous person has gone wild with the flames, peanuts, and big red X's.. that too is irrelevant and means nothing. LOL
Forever Yours

United States

#81570 Jan 9, 2013
Enough is enough already !!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81571 Jan 9, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Everybody's incendiary, nuts and disagreed with, Cool Whee!!!
I surely do, it makes my screen colorful. Hip HIp Hurrah LOL
W KY Girl

Aurora, IL

#81572 Jan 9, 2013
Chicken kidneys are located in the cavity alongside the backbone of a chicken. They can usually be found if you get breasts with the backbone still attached. They are about the size of a thumb nail and do look kind of like a brain IF you can get one out without crushing it. We eat a lot of them and don't even know it. I think that thing is way too big to be a kidney. It may be a gizzard.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81573 Jan 9, 2013
Surely appreciate the flames, I have been having a bit of trouble keeping my fire lit. LOL
W KY Girl

Aurora, IL

#81574 Jan 9, 2013
I don't believe everything that some self-professed man or woman of God says either. There are a lot of misguided folks out there as well as many who satan is using to lead people astray and cause confusion. A lot of the time we can tell the frauds because the bible tells us how to know just by looking at the person - how they act, how they live their life, how they treat other people, etc. A good tree produces good fruit, a bad tree produces bad fruit - same for people.
Matthew 7:15 “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, you will know them by their fruits.
21 “Not everyone who says to Me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them,‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’
W KY Girl

Aurora, IL

#81575 Jan 9, 2013
The bible goes on to describe "fruit" in:
Galatians 5:19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
W KY Girl

Aurora, IL

#81576 Jan 9, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Even the Apostle Paul said-- whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know. But if a near death experience causes one to repent and seek GOD, that is good for them but my faith is stronger than that.
AW, Jesus says that you are blessed...

John 20: 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81577 Jan 9, 2013
Appears the rain is over. Now I can get back outside. Good Day to all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quantummist real name is Paul Mays 14 min Dee 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 40 min havent forgotten 131,569
Darren k west please pick up political signs 1 hr Catron ave 7
Darren k west come to catron ave get your signs 1 hr Catron ave 3
Darren west pick up your Election signs PLEASE... 1 hr No respect 18
Mayor Darren west come get political signs 2 hr Please Darren west 3
Barbourville High School 3 hr Kickingwolf 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Mon beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville