Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81554 Jan 9, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. I am usually up very early in the morning, but I often don't post until later, after the little guy is dressed and off to school. But I love the early morning and can look forward to an afternoon nap. Zzzzzzz z(That's supposed to mean me snoring).LOL
I think the Z's are an international language, Lala. Lol.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#81555 Jan 9, 2013
Goodmorning bird thread "Peeps".
(Pun intended, hehe)

I really wasn't expecting this rain today, only the warmer temps. I'm a little bit let down. Wanted to spend the day outside, maybe do some fishing... Oh well.

Interesting takes on the religious beliefs coming out in this thread. Personally, I find it time consuming to try to force my own "God and Me" agenda on anyone else, and that's also why you won't find me on those religious based threads. I think that you can make a statement, give your views, then anything much beyond that it seems to be nothing but pushing your beliefs on other people.

I'm not the one to say that any other religion is wrong, but there are stipulations. Those being, as long as that religion doesn't promote harming another human being, I have no problem with them or how they choose to worship. They're going to believe what they want to anyway.. The same as I'm free to.

MY religious views might be wrong. Yours night be wrong. Theirs might be wrong. We might ALL be wrong. Who knows? And unfortunately none of us will know who's been RIGHT until the end comes.

My philosophy is to live my life as my own conscience allows, practice kindness toward my fellow man, respect nature and all of God's creatures, and believe with all of my heart that there IS a Creator, aka God. Hopefully, anything above and beyond that is icing on the cake in His eyes.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81556 Jan 9, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Gas explosions far underground????
Methane buildup, underground gas storage, plates moving, and the elite are building underground bunkers...hahaha, let them. I would take my chances above ground anyday. lol

With all the sinkholes showing up and increased earthquakes, I really wonder about our Madrid Fault.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#81557 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
They are now claiming it was the chicken's kidney? lol
AB, I think it looks like a mountian oyster that Humpaburn cooked up on the ol' Weber smoker. At 225 degrees of course. It's hard to find nice round ones at the supermarket anymore, most are kind of lop sided, per chef Humpaburn. Hehehehe.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81558 Jan 9, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD reveals himself to people in many ways, but HE has not revealed HIMSELF for me to personally believe in the moving over and coming back to tell of near death experiences. I have to agree with "I am poster" that a person's brain waves can and does visualize things based on oxygen depletion.
If GOD'S message was that important, He would reveal it to all mankind and not just "Earthquake" Kelly and a select few. Matthew 24:4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them: Take heed that no man deceive you".
The oxygen depletion theory has been refuted by several neurologists. There is still much to learn about consciousness surviving after the neocortex (gray matter in the brain)stops functioning. The last book that I read involving this topic was written by a neurosurgeon who had a near-death experience. It is very interesting. I don't know what heaven is like but I am absolutely certain (faith) that Our Creator has more in store for us after we leave this planet physically.
From a medical standpoint, an individual who becomes acutely deprived of oxygen usually becomes agitated and combative (internal agitation, not related to an observable cause) and does not experience the serenity or recall vivid details most often associated with a near death experience. Science and the belief in God need not be mutually exclusive.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81559 Jan 9, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
AB, I think it looks like a mountian oyster that Humpaburn cooked up on the ol' Weber smoker. At 225 degrees of course. It's hard to find nice round ones at the supermarket anymore, most are kind of lop sided, per chef Humpaburn. Hehehehe.
haha, too funny. Good morning Una. Whatever it is, it is gross.

Location hidden

#81560 Jan 9, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I promise it wasn't me Uglylala. Thank the Lord, I'm not underground yet. LOL. And good morning dear one.
Good morning to you. No, I knew that it wasn't you. You would have to eat a ton of beans to produce that loud of an explosion LOL.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81561 Jan 9, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
My philosophy is to live my life as my own conscience allows, practice kindness toward my fellow man, respect nature and all of God's creatures, and believe with all of my heart that there IS a Creator, aka God. Hopefully, anything above and beyond that is icing on the cake in His eyes.
Your last paragraph fairly much summarizes my own beliefs. Having lived numerous years, I have seen many "preachers" (either ordained by their sect, televised, or self-appointed) fall from the way. I surely don't want to hang my eternal life based on hanging onto someone else's coat tail.

Location hidden

#81562 Jan 9, 2013
Bye for now. Hubby needs to use the computer and I need to do chores. Be back later.

#81563 Jan 9, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last paragraph fairly much summarizes my own beliefs. Having lived numerous years, I have seen many "preachers" (either ordained by their sect, televised, or self-appointed) fall from the way. I surely don't want to hang my eternal life based on hanging onto someone else's coat tail.
Agreed. I'm old enough to have seen, and reasoned, for myself by this point. Many who claim to be "men of God", ARE truly men of God I think.. Some, not so much "men of God", as "men of greed and control"..

I'll take the chance on my personal conscience. I know what's right and wrong by now. And as I continue to find inner peace, I've realized that this is more fruitful for ME than "following" the masses.. I can't take a chance on believing as someone else would try to convince me to. Red flags pop up for a reason.

I'll follow my heart. If the Lord lives in your heart, he'll guide your heart.

We're all free to follow our own convictions. And that's what I'll continue to do.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81564 Jan 9, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
The oxygen depletion theory has been refuted by several neurologists. There is still much to learn about consciousness surviving after the neocortex (gray matter in the brain)stops functioning. The last book that I read involving this topic was written by a neurosurgeon who had a near-death experience. It is very interesting. I don't know what heaven is like but I am absolutely certain (faith) that Our Creator has more in store for us after we leave this planet physically.
From a medical standpoint, an individual who becomes acutely deprived of oxygen usually becomes agitated and combative (internal agitation, not related to an observable cause) and does not experience the serenity or recall vivid details most often associated with a near death experience. Science and the belief in God need not be mutually exclusive.
whether that theory is true or false is really irrelevant to me, but I can see where the depletion of oxygen might cause one to be more agitated than peaceful. I have stood by the bedside of many loved ones as they passed over, and whether they saw a "light at the end of the tunnel" or not is also irrelevant. They knew and I knew that there was something better in store and the pain and suffering was over and many smiled. If a near death exerience has caused someone to repent and follow GOD, that is great and they can relay their stories to others that might need it, but I don't.

It is raining here now. Is the rain Science or God watering the earth? or both? Does it really matter?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#81565 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, too funny. Good morning Una. Whatever it is, it is gross.
Good morning AB.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81566 Jan 9, 2013
Out to run errands, before it rains. Be back later. Have a great day!

Tried to post once and got an "Internal error" and back to the page, so if it posts twice...sorry! lol

#81567 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Out to run errands, before it rains. Be back later. Have a great day!
Tried to post once and got an "Internal error" and back to the page, so if it posts twice...sorry! lol
Yeah, looks like their servers are messing up again.
I'm with you. Got things to do myself and it appears that I'm gonna get wet today no matter how long I put it off.

Later folks..

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#81568 Jan 9, 2013
Everybody's incendiary, nuts and disagreed with, Cool Whee!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81569 Jan 9, 2013
some anonymous person has gone wild with the flames, peanuts, and big red X's.. that too is irrelevant and means nothing. LOL
Forever Yours

United States

#81570 Jan 9, 2013
Enough is enough already !!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81571 Jan 9, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Everybody's incendiary, nuts and disagreed with, Cool Whee!!!
I surely do, it makes my screen colorful. Hip HIp Hurrah LOL
W KY Girl

Aurora, IL

#81572 Jan 9, 2013
Chicken kidneys are located in the cavity alongside the backbone of a chicken. They can usually be found if you get breasts with the backbone still attached. They are about the size of a thumb nail and do look kind of like a brain IF you can get one out without crushing it. We eat a lot of them and don't even know it. I think that thing is way too big to be a kidney. It may be a gizzard.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81573 Jan 9, 2013
Surely appreciate the flames, I have been having a bit of trouble keeping my fire lit. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal coon hunting going Davis bend road 4 min mitchs wife 7
Kynect public service announcement 11 min fixthis 2
Mayor west names bridge for VOTES 17 min ha ha 8
Mike Baker needs to run the Jail 20 min we need a man jailer 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min ChromiuMan 131,392
who will you vote for as jailer 29 min Huh 26
Knox Co jail threads GONE again!!!! 1 hr Abuse 11
Family Court Judge 9 hr decided voter 49
Who works at both the Advocate and the jail? 10 hr Patty 11
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance