Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,724

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81385 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree UNA. There is not a whole lot we can do about earthquakes, sinkholes, escaping methane gases, or many other natural disasters; so why worry about them but just do whatever we can to be ready or evade them if and when they do happen and leave the rest up to the CREATOR.
If we focus too much on this sort of thing, we tend to get depressed and paranoid.
Not me, AW. I don't research to worry about stuff. I just want to know "when to get outta Dodge" if the need be, and to find higher ground LOL. Where I'm sitting, I could get caught up in liquefaction if the New Madrid goes. If I have fair warning, I can take my crew (family and animals) and head for the hills. LOL. It's kind of pretty where my last relative lives in the Pocano Mtns., and I have a friend in Maine. I'd probably stay away from my friend in Indiana. But on the other hand, if the New Madrid goes, I may just squeak by and get oceanfront property LOL. Only kidding about the above, of course.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81386 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
my late afternoon nap went on into the night. woke up and thought it was time to make coffee LOL
You worked too hard. haha I have done that and it really messes my next day up because I can't sleep when I am suppose to. It was a great day to be out. Now that you did all that work you should be able to enjoy the warm days ahead.

Location hidden

#81387 Jan 7, 2013
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
they say that the poles are shifting. this creates changes in the magnetic field in the earth, messing with the animals and how they navigate around the world. also, changes in the galaxy is causing changes in the planets magnetosphere. the combination of these are creating changes in the planets and animals and how they act and react to things around them. if the birds cant navigate well enough to leave out of the cold weather then they stay and some may be starving to death as well as starving with there being little to no food of what they would normally have during the warmer months.
Or they get disoriented and crash to the ground. Birds' "GPS" can get messed up when the earth's magnetic field is not right.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#81388 Jan 7, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
You worked too hard. haha I have done that and it really messes my next day up because I can't sleep when I am suppose to. It was a great day to be out. Now that you did all that work you should be able to enjoy the warm days ahead.
That is another thing I don't worry about.. sleeping when I am supposed to. As long as I am awake enough to fee my critters, time don't mean much.

@Oglala.. I have about headed for the hills as far as I can or will go anyways and if I wind up with ocean front property, I will just take some of this wood and build a boat if I am not already liquid.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81389 Jan 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me, AW. I don't research to worry about stuff. I just want to know "when to get outta Dodge" if the need be, and to find higher ground LOL. Where I'm sitting, I could get caught up in liquefaction if the New Madrid goes. If I have fair warning, I can take my crew (family and animals) and head for the hills. LOL. It's kind of pretty where my last relative lives in the Pocano Mtns., and I have a friend in Maine. I'd probably stay away from my friend in Indiana. But on the other hand, if the New Madrid goes, I may just squeak by and get oceanfront property LOL. Only kidding about the above, of course.
I don't either. I like to know. There are certainly things we can prepare for and if you don't know you can't prepare. I am far enough up on the Indiana/Kentucky border I could run, but where. It seems the there are potential disasters everywhere with faults, nuclear plants etc..You are right about the oceanfront property though. lol

I did somemore reading and video watching about the sinkholes. Found some interesting stuff.

Wide Awake: Sinkhole is only a symptom...

radiation levels in Kentucky are discussed in the Madrid Fault area, they talk about the increase in train derailments. We just had the big on that shut down parts of 31W south of Louisville outside the gates of Fort Knox in Valley Station. Interesting. There have been a lot of trainwrecks it seems.

There's some BP conspiracy theories and deaths for our sybil, talks of the North Dakota earthquakes (thinks fracking is responsible), underground gas storage facilities (map show a bunch in Kentucky), lots of sulfur smells reported in the South, something present prior to large earthquakes, talks about having a "bug out" bag ready.

Earthquake Warning Late 2012 Early 2013 - New Madrid Fault - Overdue
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Published on Jan 3, 2013
New Close-ups of giant sinkhole: Tree trunks coated in oil; Crude and sheen floating on surface - More land falls in (photos)...

Are Massive Sinkholes affecting New Madrid?
Published on Jan 3, 2013
It may be a question of when...

A lot of them are company clean up reports out of Texas. Those trees covered in oil are just a sad reality of that massive spill. If you get some time, check them out. They are very interesting with maps etc...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81390 Jan 7, 2013
For AW, another funny video...my sister and brother-in-law always talk about how sneaky the squirrels are trying to get their bird seed.

Squirrel jumps and hangs for treats

http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#81391 Jan 7, 2013
The way I see it is that I have survived 2 hurricanes, a tornado, 2 bad car wrecks, a heart attack, and carotid artery surgery. So if it is my time, it is just my time.

gates of hell

Richmond, KY

#81392 Jan 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem with that idea is that sink holes often don't stop sinking--only the smaller ones do. Instead of getting a storm cellar, you might find yourself dropped down as far as the gates of Hell. Not a good thing. LOL
he has already foreseen where he is headed.
(BTW, why did you use a capital H?)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81393 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree UNA. There is not a whole lot we can do about earthquakes, sinkholes, escaping methane gases, or many other natural disasters; so why worry about them but just do whatever we can to be ready or evade them if and when they do happen and leave the rest up to the CREATOR.
If we focus too much on this sort of thing, we tend to get depressed and paranoid.
For sure AW, there is nothing we can do about them. I don't worry about such things. To me it would be the same thing to sit around and worry about dying, we know that is for sure. As you said, it's all in the hands of the Creator. He created everything and knows just how to manage it.

Location hidden

#81394 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I see Topix sent United Van Lines to move me out of Lexington. LOL
LOL. That's why I don't even to bother to post my location. I am in Lebanon, but every time I posted, it was from a different place, and never from Lebanon.

Location hidden

#81395 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That is another thing I don't worry about.. sleeping when I am supposed to. As long as I am awake enough to fee my critters, time don't mean much.
@Oglala.. I have about headed for the hills as far as I can or will go anyways and if I wind up with ocean front property, I will just take some of this wood and build a boat if I am not already liquid.
Instead of Noah's Arc, we would have AW's Arc. LOL If you let me come onboard, I'll bring the rest of the animals, you can take the chickens. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81397 Jan 7, 2013
FOR THE BIRDS:

The Eagle projects:

Non-Profit Organization

Established in 1988, the non-profit Raptor Resource Project specializes in the preservation of birds of prey.

Jan. 7th - Nestorations at the Original Nest ~
(Click on the photo to enlarge it, and click on "see more" in this post to see the videos).

Much to the delight of viewers today, both parents were on the "Y" branch again and 989razzle caught the first video listed below of Mom bringing in a branch to the nest. Also listed are some videos by 70chico1 from Jan. 5th of both parents on the "Y". We are all really pleased to see there was some action in the nest on camera today, and the past few days :)

Many thanks to all those who take the time to upload videos for us!

01-07-13 (This video is from today)
Video by 989razzle:
Mom brings branch to the old nest...
&fe ature=share

01-05-13
Video by 70chico1:
Mom and Dad both visit...

01-05-13
Video by 70chico1:
Dad enjoys a late afternoon fish on the "Y"...

This will be my 3rd year watching these magnificient creatures.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#81398 Jan 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. That's why I don't even to bother to post my location. I am in Lebanon, but every time I posted, it was from a different place, and never from Lebanon.
It's the location of the tower your satellite internet signal is coming from. It will change from time to time.

Location hidden

#81399 Jan 7, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't either. I like to know. There are certainly things we can prepare for and if you don't know you can't prepare. I am far enough up on the Indiana/Kentucky border I could run, but where. It seems the there are potential disasters everywhere with faults, nuclear plants etc..You are right about the oceanfront property though. lol
I did somemore reading and video watching about the sinkholes. Found some interesting stuff.
Wide Awake: Sinkhole is only a symptom...
radiation levels in Kentucky are discussed in the Madrid Fault area, they talk about the increase in train derailments. We just had the big on that shut down parts of 31W south of Louisville outside the gates of Fort Knox in Valley Station. Interesting. There have been a lot of trainwrecks it seems.
There's some BP conspiracy theories and deaths for our sybil, talks of the North Dakota earthquakes (thinks fracking is responsible), underground gas storage facilities (map show a bunch in Kentucky), lots of sulfur smells reported in the South, something present prior to large earthquakes, talks about having a "bug out" bag ready.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AB303VT9WZgXX
Earthquake Warning Late 2012 Early 2013 - New Madrid Fault - Overdue
Published on Jan 3, 2013
New Close-ups of giant sinkhole: Tree trunks coated in oil; Crude and sheen floating on surface - More land falls in (photos)...
Are Massive Sinkholes affecting New Madrid?
Published on Jan 3, 2013
It may be a question of when...
A lot of them are company clean up reports out of Texas. Those trees covered in oil are just a sad reality of that massive spill. If you get some time, check them out. They are very interesting with maps etc...
Thanks a lot, I will. I'm just thinking about where I might want to live out the rest of my years. I love this place, but 60 acres is hard to keep up at our ages. I probably will stay here as long as I possibly can, but if I had to give up the farm, I am just looking at the possible hazards in the country to pick out the safest location. I would never move to the city. But a small house on a couple of acres would be easier to deal with.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#81401 Jan 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks a lot, I will. I'm just thinking about where I might want to live out the rest of my years. I love this place, but 60 acres is hard to keep up at our ages. I probably will stay here as long as I possibly can, but if I had to give up the farm, I am just looking at the possible hazards in the country to pick out the safest location. I would never move to the city. But a small house on a couple of acres would be easier to deal with.
Maybe AW will rent you a couple of acres. You would have plenty of time to flee any disaster. Even Sunshine is a day late getting to AW's place. LOL.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#81402 Jan 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Luck. That is exactly what I did in 2010 and why I won't move for any reason until they pack me off to the boneyard. If this place gets destroyed, I will live in a tent or the barn until I can do something different.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81403 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
The way I see it is that I have survived 2 hurricanes, a tornado, 2 bad car wrecks, a heart attack, and carotid artery surgery. So if it is my time, it is just my time.
Haven't had all that but after this last year of death and tragedies I feel like I have. You are right. If it's our time, it's our time. I always said when we permanently located back to Kentucky and the Army wasn't deciding where we lived, I said I would never leave again and would die here. So be it. I am not afraid. It is all interesting to me about the potential Earth payback to man. What will be will be. Right.

The sinkholes happening around the country are just reported on the areas they are happening and not on a national level news report. The booms, radiation etc from beneath the earth could explain that methane theory killing the birds Jan 2011. The Edgar Cayce theories are interesting as well.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81405 Jan 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of Noah's Arc, we would have AW's Arc. LOL If you let me come onboard, I'll bring the rest of the animals, you can take the chickens. LOL
I am with you lala. lol If anyone could do it, it would be AW. He already has his little piece of Heaven on Earth, he would anchor it right there so he didn't go anywhere. That's why we love him. huh? No better wisdom on a thread than we have seen from him for 2 years now.:)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#81408 Jan 7, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am with you lala. lol If anyone could do it, it would be AW. He already has his little piece of Heaven on Earth, he would anchor it right there so he didn't go anywhere. That's why we love him. huh? No better wisdom on a thread than we have seen from him for 2 years now.:)
Thanks for the kind words.

Location hidden

#81411 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Luck. That is exactly what I did in 2010 and why I won't move for any reason until they pack me off to the boneyard. If this place gets destroyed, I will live in a tent or the barn until I can do something different.
Oh, moving is a pain, so I'll probably stay here anyway. When I relocated to Ky in 1998, I never had so much work, anxiety, and aggravation. Had to sell the house, pack up everything, get a moving company to take everything out of the house. Hubby was down here with the animals we brought with us, and I stayed behind to tie up hundreds of loose ends. Spent 2 days in the house with no furniture, no food, no car, waiting for my flight date to come to KY. Now that I'm remembering back to that time, I don't think I'll move.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cody Carnes 1 hr molly 4
terry smith from the creek 1 hr molly 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr stray-cat 132,112
jason hughes 4 hr stranger 2
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 6 hr kim 186
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 11 hr friend 16
dinky phipps 12 hr Comment 14
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web