Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
68,281 - 68,300 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 20

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, the soft kitty. My clothes were Gain fresh this morning. I think it's wearing kind of thin now. I sleep in a t-shirt and Sponge Bob Square panties. You know that's a sight to behold. I'm not gay, they just feel soft and don't chafe my tootie. LOL.
LOL, it must be a sight to behold. It's a good thing we can't see each other; we would probably scare each other away. That would end the bird thread lol. Before long, the technology will enable us to do just that, in 3D. There are phones in the experimental stage that will project a 3 dimensional holograph. Apple was working on that just before the CEO passed away. I'm not sure that I would like a three dimensional "me" pop up on somebody's desk when I spoke to them. Gosh, I'd have to be "put together" all the time. That's a horrible thought.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
I figured it was the reason for the big gaps between the posts. Have you been bad? lol
I am wearing my soft kitty night shirt and pink fluffy socks and yes they are Downy fresh. I sang the song for you a couple nights ago, didn't you hear it? haha
That's hot.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, it must be a sight to behold. It's a good thing we can't see each other; we would probably scare each other away. That would end the bird thread lol. Before long, the technology will enable us to do just that, in 3D. There are phones in the experimental stage that will project a 3 dimensional holograph. Apple was working on that just before the CEO passed away. I'm not sure that I would like a three dimensional "me" pop up on somebody's desk when I spoke to them. Gosh, I'd have to be "put together" all the time. That's a horrible thought.
I seen one new design that is flexible, bends almost into a 'C',, helpful I guess to the booty blessed. Should be on the market this year.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
For lala, I love this story and many others like it. It sure pays to chip your pet at the Vets:
Vanilla the Cat Reunited With Owners After 9 Long, Lost Years
They say cats have nine lives, and for one Siamese cat yesterday in San Francisco, after nine long, lost years, he was finally reunited with the people he shared his first life with.
To see the cat and read the story:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/01...
That's a wonderful story. I would love to microchip my animals, but I have too many, and it would be costly.(9 cats, 4 dogs, a horse, and a pony.) Good thing I have the farm. People drop off animals here, or they find their way here. I have spayed and neutered everybody so they won't reproduce. But vet care, feed, etc. is expensive. My pet population is gradually declining because of old age, and I'm hoping there will be no more uninvited guests here.LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, everyone. Been up since 6 o'clock this morning, and I'm finally awake after 3 cups of coffee. I'll pop in from time to time. I've been researching the giant, expanding sink hole in Louisiana, with possible encroachment into a butane well. It's bubbling, and growing, eating 100 foot trees,devouring a road into the area, and exposing gas lines. If it blows, there goes the New Madrid. Look it up. It is interesting and I've been reading about it for several months now. If you want to see what could happen, on a much smaller scale than if this one blow up, look up Louisiana sinkhole disaster, 1980. There is a video showing what happened over a period of several hours. Scary.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

BTW, that sinkhole that I was talking about is spewing methane and other flammable gasses that could ignite. I wonder if the birds "dropping from the sky" could be emissions from other sinkholes and fractures in the ground in the Gulf of Mexico area. That whole area has a lot of shale, natural gas, etc. and all the drilling and fracking going on is probably making the situation worse. The subsidence in the general area is making for some very unstable ground, and there have been swarms of small earthquakes, with seismic activity increasing.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Good morning everyone. I hope you are as warm and toasty as I am. Brrrrr it is cold out. Opened the door to feed our stray cat and was thankful I don't have to go anywhere today if I don't want to. I think I will stay in and stay warm. Frost everywhere, but the sun is shining. Looking forward to the warm temps we are suppose to get. I am so done with winter. I wish it was done with us. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, the soft kitty. My clothes were Gain fresh this morning. I think it's wearing kind of thin now. I sleep in a t-shirt and Sponge Bob Square panties. You know that's a sight to behold. I'm not gay, they just feel soft and don't chafe my tootie. LOL.
haha, that is a sight to behold I am sure. haha Sponge Bob? haha Too funny. I love the smell of Gain too. I have my sexy lacy stuff when needed (stuff is for looks only), but I prefer my big T Shirt night shirts for comfort.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, AB. Missed you. I figured that you had some social engagements, and I'm glad that you had some well-deserved fun. I'm not a sports enthusiast, but I usually keep that quiet. I found that anyone not interested in sports, particularly basketball, is looked upon with horror in KY. LOL
Hi lala, glad you liked the kitty story. I know what you mean about the Vet being too expensive for all that chipping. I haven't been out much with all this hacking and coughing and overall yuk feeling. I wanted to just do girl talk while the guys were all engrossed in those football games. You are right, if you aren't for UK or UL basketball people wonder what you are doing in Kentucky. We are a big basketball state, always have been. I remember going to some Kentucky Colonels (pro team) when I was young. Don't know why we don't have a pro team after all these years and two high profile coaches. I like most sports, some for a nano second (soccer, etc), football I can take it or leave it, baseball too. Just love our UK basketball and NASCAR. haha
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. Been up since 6 o'clock this morning, and I'm finally awake after 3 cups of coffee. I'll pop in from time to time. I've been researching the giant, expanding sink hole in Louisiana, with possible encroachment into a butane well. It's bubbling, and growing, eating 100 foot trees,devouring a road into the area, and exposing gas lines. If it blows, there goes the New Madrid. Look it up. It is interesting and I've been reading about it for several months now. If you want to see what could happen, on a much smaller scale than if this one blow up, look up Louisiana sinkhole disaster, 1980. There is a video showing what happened over a period of several hours. Scary.
I lived in Orlando when the winter park sink hole opened up and swallowed a house and had a taste for fine automobiles, consuming half a dozen new porsches. I drove down fairbanks dr alot and was there the morning the house fell in. Within a few days you could buy tee shirts off the streets with stupid sink hole sayings on them and a hotdog vender set upand made a killing selling hotdogs and lemonade.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hot.
:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Oglala wrote:
BTW, that sinkhole that I was talking about is spewing methane and other flammable gasses that could ignite. I wonder if the birds "dropping from the sky" could be emissions from other sinkholes and fractures in the ground in the Gulf of Mexico area. That whole area has a lot of shale, natural gas, etc. and all the drilling and fracking going on is probably making the situation worse. The subsidence in the general area is making for some very unstable ground, and there have been swarms of small earthquakes, with seismic activity increasing.
There was a big one in Florida recently too. That is some scary looking stuff. There have seem to be quite a few extraordinary large holes in the southern regions and drilling/fracking areas. I just hope and pray it don't wake up the Sleeping Giant we have to worry about in our part of the country.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
Good morning everyone. I hope you are as warm and toasty as I am. Brrrrr it is cold out. Opened the door to feed our stray cat and was thankful I don't have to go anywhere today if I don't want to. I think I will stay in and stay warm. Frost everywhere, but the sun is shining. Looking forward to the warm temps we are suppose to get. I am so done with winter. I wish it was done with us. lol
Good Morning AB. It isn't that cold when you are dressed in other than a big tee shirt and lacy drawers LOL I took advantage of the frozen ground and have my truck way up the hill loading it with firewood to bring it DOWNY to the house. Just came in to finish off some of my coffee and get back out to GaIN (lol) some more exercise.
W KY Girl

Clinton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The "CHURCH" is within one's heart and mind and one's ability to discern what is right or what is wrong. One can just as easily Worship GOD out in nature as in a building, But one has to hear the message and that is done more easily when gathered among those of kindred spirits and they don't have to do it on any particular schedule or date. I now go to my dad's old church (twice yesterday) more so to honor my dad.
I don't believe in giving Satan 6 days and GOD only one day. I read my Scriptures and worship daily at home. There are those that for whatever reason cannot even get to a Church. My grandparents had only an old mule and it was 8 miles to Church but they were some of the most faithful that I have ever encountered. They had an old traveling preacher come twice a year and hold services in Pap's barn. So yes, even a barn can be a "CHURCH" and twice a year was enough to keep their faith in GOD sustained.
Good morning AW...and everybody else.:)
Yeah sometimes we get hung up on the idea that "the church" is an actual building when it is nothing more than the members (each and every believer in Jesus Christ is actually the church). There are still many restricted countries around the world where it is illegal for people to gather together to pray, study, or worship God and illegal to print or own a bible or any Christian literature. Those countries' governments even go to the trouble of scrambling any tv or radio signal (and internet) that might have a message about Christianity. In many countries it is also illegal to even tell someone about Jesus. Sending missionaries is out of the question. It is so easy to assume that it is the same everywhere as it is in our small part of the world. I have met people on the internet who had never even met a Christian before until they met me. It truely amazes me what the Lord is doing among the Muslims right now. Really, it makes me a little bit jealous. The truth can not get to so many people via human means so Jesus is appearing to them Himself in spirit form. There are many of these people's stories coming out on the internet.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Good morning Uglylala, AB, AW, Humpaburn and little toker. LOL. Please give us an update on little man, Humpaburn. Hope all of you have a really good day. Saw one of my Cardinals early this morning. He looked fat and frisky. So far so good for January. As AB say's Brrrrr.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning AB. It isn't that cold when you are dressed in other than a big tee shirt and lacy drawers LOL I took advantage of the frozen ground and have my truck way up the hill loading it with firewood to bring it DOWNY to the house. Just came in to finish off some of my coffee and get back out to GaIN (lol) some more exercise.
21 degrees is too cold for me. Even in jogging pants and a sweatshirt. I just opened the door, didn't go out. You better not over do it. Nice play on words though. lol

Have a good day!
W KY Girl

Clinton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Here's a map with the "restricted nations" marked:
http://www.persecution.com/public/restrictedn...
(Also, it is called "The 10/40 Window.")
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Good morning Uglylala, AB, AW, Humpaburn and little toker. LOL. Please give us an update on little man, Humpaburn. Hope all of you have a really good day. Saw one of my Cardinals early this morning. He looked fat and frisky. So far so good for January. As AB say's Brrrrr.
Good morning to you too. Hope you enjoy your day. I am...from inside today. I love to see the Cardinals. They are so beautiful. They are the only CARDINALS I love. hahaha

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

I wouldn't mind to bad having one sink hole. Maybe I could winch this old shack over it and have a basement. Free storm cellar.
W KY Girl

Clinton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

I've got to go to the grocery today, oh yaa! Not! lol I think I'll just be thankful I can go and not whine.:) We don't even have two pieces of bread in the house or a piece of bologna to put between the two pieces of bread we don't have! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Limbertwig 150,260
Charmaine 4 min wow 4
Churches 18 min Neighbor 6
Need Prayer 33 min Neighbor 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr well 16,127
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr justice_- 130,313
D Boone Days 4 hr hey 4

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search