Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,704

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81307 Jan 7, 2013
Good morning everyone. I hope you are as warm and toasty as I am. Brrrrr it is cold out. Opened the door to feed our stray cat and was thankful I don't have to go anywhere today if I don't want to. I think I will stay in and stay warm. Frost everywhere, but the sun is shining. Looking forward to the warm temps we are suppose to get. I am so done with winter. I wish it was done with us. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81308 Jan 7, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, the soft kitty. My clothes were Gain fresh this morning. I think it's wearing kind of thin now. I sleep in a t-shirt and Sponge Bob Square panties. You know that's a sight to behold. I'm not gay, they just feel soft and don't chafe my tootie. LOL.
haha, that is a sight to behold I am sure. haha Sponge Bob? haha Too funny. I love the smell of Gain too. I have my sexy lacy stuff when needed (stuff is for looks only), but I prefer my big T Shirt night shirts for comfort.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81309 Jan 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, AB. Missed you. I figured that you had some social engagements, and I'm glad that you had some well-deserved fun. I'm not a sports enthusiast, but I usually keep that quiet. I found that anyone not interested in sports, particularly basketball, is looked upon with horror in KY. LOL
Hi lala, glad you liked the kitty story. I know what you mean about the Vet being too expensive for all that chipping. I haven't been out much with all this hacking and coughing and overall yuk feeling. I wanted to just do girl talk while the guys were all engrossed in those football games. You are right, if you aren't for UK or UL basketball people wonder what you are doing in Kentucky. We are a big basketball state, always have been. I remember going to some Kentucky Colonels (pro team) when I was young. Don't know why we don't have a pro team after all these years and two high profile coaches. I like most sports, some for a nano second (soccer, etc), football I can take it or leave it, baseball too. Just love our UK basketball and NASCAR. haha
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#81310 Jan 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. Been up since 6 o'clock this morning, and I'm finally awake after 3 cups of coffee. I'll pop in from time to time. I've been researching the giant, expanding sink hole in Louisiana, with possible encroachment into a butane well. It's bubbling, and growing, eating 100 foot trees,devouring a road into the area, and exposing gas lines. If it blows, there goes the New Madrid. Look it up. It is interesting and I've been reading about it for several months now. If you want to see what could happen, on a much smaller scale than if this one blow up, look up Louisiana sinkhole disaster, 1980. There is a video showing what happened over a period of several hours. Scary.
I lived in Orlando when the winter park sink hole opened up and swallowed a house and had a taste for fine automobiles, consuming half a dozen new porsches. I drove down fairbanks dr alot and was there the morning the house fell in. Within a few days you could buy tee shirts off the streets with stupid sink hole sayings on them and a hotdog vender set upand made a killing selling hotdogs and lemonade.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81311 Jan 7, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hot.
:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81312 Jan 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
BTW, that sinkhole that I was talking about is spewing methane and other flammable gasses that could ignite. I wonder if the birds "dropping from the sky" could be emissions from other sinkholes and fractures in the ground in the Gulf of Mexico area. That whole area has a lot of shale, natural gas, etc. and all the drilling and fracking going on is probably making the situation worse. The subsidence in the general area is making for some very unstable ground, and there have been swarms of small earthquakes, with seismic activity increasing.
There was a big one in Florida recently too. That is some scary looking stuff. There have seem to be quite a few extraordinary large holes in the southern regions and drilling/fracking areas. I just hope and pray it don't wake up the Sleeping Giant we have to worry about in our part of the country.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81313 Jan 7, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Good morning everyone. I hope you are as warm and toasty as I am. Brrrrr it is cold out. Opened the door to feed our stray cat and was thankful I don't have to go anywhere today if I don't want to. I think I will stay in and stay warm. Frost everywhere, but the sun is shining. Looking forward to the warm temps we are suppose to get. I am so done with winter. I wish it was done with us. lol
Good Morning AB. It isn't that cold when you are dressed in other than a big tee shirt and lacy drawers LOL I took advantage of the frozen ground and have my truck way up the hill loading it with firewood to bring it DOWNY to the house. Just came in to finish off some of my coffee and get back out to GaIN (lol) some more exercise.
W KY Girl

Clinton, IL

#81314 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The "CHURCH" is within one's heart and mind and one's ability to discern what is right or what is wrong. One can just as easily Worship GOD out in nature as in a building, But one has to hear the message and that is done more easily when gathered among those of kindred spirits and they don't have to do it on any particular schedule or date. I now go to my dad's old church (twice yesterday) more so to honor my dad.
I don't believe in giving Satan 6 days and GOD only one day. I read my Scriptures and worship daily at home. There are those that for whatever reason cannot even get to a Church. My grandparents had only an old mule and it was 8 miles to Church but they were some of the most faithful that I have ever encountered. They had an old traveling preacher come twice a year and hold services in Pap's barn. So yes, even a barn can be a "CHURCH" and twice a year was enough to keep their faith in GOD sustained.
Good morning AW...and everybody else.:)
Yeah sometimes we get hung up on the idea that "the church" is an actual building when it is nothing more than the members (each and every believer in Jesus Christ is actually the church). There are still many restricted countries around the world where it is illegal for people to gather together to pray, study, or worship God and illegal to print or own a bible or any Christian literature. Those countries' governments even go to the trouble of scrambling any tv or radio signal (and internet) that might have a message about Christianity. In many countries it is also illegal to even tell someone about Jesus. Sending missionaries is out of the question. It is so easy to assume that it is the same everywhere as it is in our small part of the world. I have met people on the internet who had never even met a Christian before until they met me. It truely amazes me what the Lord is doing among the Muslims right now. Really, it makes me a little bit jealous. The truth can not get to so many people via human means so Jesus is appearing to them Himself in spirit form. There are many of these people's stories coming out on the internet.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81316 Jan 7, 2013
Good morning Uglylala, AB, AW, Humpaburn and little toker. LOL. Please give us an update on little man, Humpaburn. Hope all of you have a really good day. Saw one of my Cardinals early this morning. He looked fat and frisky. So far so good for January. As AB say's Brrrrr.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81317 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning AB. It isn't that cold when you are dressed in other than a big tee shirt and lacy drawers LOL I took advantage of the frozen ground and have my truck way up the hill loading it with firewood to bring it DOWNY to the house. Just came in to finish off some of my coffee and get back out to GaIN (lol) some more exercise.
21 degrees is too cold for me. Even in jogging pants and a sweatshirt. I just opened the door, didn't go out. You better not over do it. Nice play on words though. lol

Have a good day!
W KY Girl

Clinton, IL

#81318 Jan 7, 2013
Here's a map with the "restricted nations" marked:
http://www.persecution.com/public/restrictedn...
(Also, it is called "The 10/40 Window.")
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81319 Jan 7, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Good morning Uglylala, AB, AW, Humpaburn and little toker. LOL. Please give us an update on little man, Humpaburn. Hope all of you have a really good day. Saw one of my Cardinals early this morning. He looked fat and frisky. So far so good for January. As AB say's Brrrrr.
Good morning to you too. Hope you enjoy your day. I am...from inside today. I love to see the Cardinals. They are so beautiful. They are the only CARDINALS I love. hahaha

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#81320 Jan 7, 2013
I wouldn't mind to bad having one sink hole. Maybe I could winch this old shack over it and have a basement. Free storm cellar.
W KY Girl

Clinton, IL

#81321 Jan 7, 2013
I've got to go to the grocery today, oh yaa! Not! lol I think I'll just be thankful I can go and not whine.:) We don't even have two pieces of bread in the house or a piece of bologna to put between the two pieces of bread we don't have! LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81322 Jan 7, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
21 degrees is too cold for me. Even in jogging pants and a sweatshirt. I just opened the door, didn't go out. You better not over do it. Nice play on words though. lol
Have a good day!
Well I have on lounging pants and sweat shirt, blue jeans, flannel shirt, carhart jacket, lined leather gloves, socks and boots. I am too hot unless i hurry to get back out to the 21 degrees and chase the chickens out of my truck LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#81323 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have on lounging pants and sweat shirt, blue jeans, flannel shirt, carhart jacket, lined leather gloves, socks and boots. I am too hot unless i hurry to get back out to the 21 degrees and chase the chickens out of my truck LOL
Hope you didn't leave the keys in that thing AW. A big rooster driving it down the hill hauling his hens. What a show and you've got on to many clothes to chase it down. Lol.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81324 Jan 7, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi lala, glad you liked the kitty story. I know what you mean about the Vet being too expensive for all that chipping. I haven't been out much with all this hacking and coughing and overall yuk feeling. I wanted to just do girl talk while the guys were all engrossed in those football games. You are right, if you aren't for UK or UL basketball people wonder what you are doing in Kentucky. We are a big basketball state, always have been. I remember going to some Kentucky Colonels (pro team) when I was young. Don't know why we don't have a pro team after all these years and two high profile coaches. I like most sports, some for a nano second (soccer, etc), football I can take it or leave it, baseball too. Just love our UK basketball and NASCAR. haha
We have only one redeeming quality: hubby likes to watch NASCAR races. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81325 Jan 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
We have only one redeeming quality: hubby likes to watch NASCAR races. LOL
haha, I use to watch it with my Dad when racing was really racing, skill and fast cars were more exciting. The more they "restrict" drivers and their cars the less exciting it is. I still miss the "3" sneaking up on them out of the back of the pack. I hope to go to the Kentucky Speedway for a race. It is on my bucket list. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81326 Jan 7, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you didn't leave the keys in that thing AW. A big rooster driving it down the hill hauling his hens. What a show and you've got on to many clothes to chase it down. Lol.
Break time. My truck load of wood is now back down to the house to be unloaded and without the rooster driving it. I did do almost what you described a couple years ago but it was not the rooster, but the dog.

I went into the bait shop in August and left the truck running for a/c for the dog and left the brake off. When I came out the dog was driving around backwards in big circles. Chasing it down was a bit embarrassing but luckily no one saw it and the dog did not run into any other vehicles. I revoked his driver's license after that. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81327 Jan 7, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, I use to watch it with my Dad when racing was really racing, skill and fast cars were more exciting. The more they "restrict" drivers and their cars the less exciting it is. I still miss the "3" sneaking up on them out of the back of the pack. I hope to go to the Kentucky Speedway for a race. It is on my bucket list. lol
Last year was such a traffic mess that my son was hung out on the road for 7 hours and never made it to the track. They sent him free tickets for this past years' truck, Nationwide, and Sprint cup races. They have since reworked the access coming off the interstates and when he went this year, he said the access was much easier. I have been there and to Talledega twice. But I won't ever go back to Bristol, it is uphill walking both ways. LOL I never cared much for Earnhardt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Darren k west please pick up political signs 31 min Knox 6
Darren k west come to catron ave get your signs 51 min Today please 2
Jenny Mills 1 hr Really 3
John w bays 1 hr lol 4
Amanda Jordan 2 hr guy in a truck 17
threesomes (May '11) 6 hr Anonymous 34
Quantummist real name is Paul Mays 6 hr Lmao 2
Devin Eubanks in Jail 7 hr Well 8
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Fri Anonymous 48
Barbourville Dating