Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,405)

Showing posts 68,081 - 68,100 of81,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
_-_Open_-_

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't in here when those came up.....
Apparently then, it's apparent that the TopMods aren't focused on just ONE or TWO users in this thread like the complainers suggest they are.... That's obvious beings as someone else who came in here to cause a riot had their comment(s) zapped too.
Imagine that.
In case anyone is interested, Topix DOES have a job listed for a part time "Community Manager". I'd assume that's a TopMod position?
Alas, I have no interest in moving to California. Furthermore, I couldn't even travel out there for any impromptu employee meetings.. If I wanted to live in California, I'd already be there, believe it... I've got sweet and loving animals to tend to right here in the Bluegrass state. I'm kind of partial to my slice of this Kentucky heaven, and thank you God for my blessings...
What is the job description for a 'Community Manager'? How do they determine which posts to delete? Why do they often allow trash talking to continue while at the same time deleting benign posts or opinions on controversial subjects? What subject matters are considered taboo and why?
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Girl w KY wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a pretty accurate assessment of others, now how do you assess yourself?
I'm glad you approve. lol

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Girl w KY wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a pretty accurate assessment of others, now how do you assess yourself?
Get ready for a million word essay, Sybil. Yes Sybil you are a bully too, you can redeem yourself by kissing certian tooshes, if you like.
A FART NUT HERE

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not coming from California and you know it. Topix Moderators do not delete posts for the fun of it or to be vindictive to the poster or at least I don't see why they would. To put it nicely, if you want to continue in your fabrications, at least change your profile to match them. It's obvious, your posts and profile do not match. Even a five year old can see that.
I always wondered why they allowed you to continue your crass remarks about your colonic emissions and yet they delete benign posts by Imposter. That's a glaring inconsistency there. Seems to me that they do target certain individuals for whatever arbitrary reason.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Psychologically, that's a tactic used by even terrorists. Bait your prey with kindness and then attack when their defenses are down.

People like this have no rhyme nor reason for their back and forth "one minute I'll be nice and the next I'll bite your head off" moods.

There are also medical terminologies for these personalities, if it's found that simple immaturity isn't the root cause..

Actually there are a couple which could fit:
BiPolar Disorder is one.. And of course there are people who could be suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

_-_Open_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the job description for a 'Community Manager'? How do they determine which posts to delete? Why do they often allow trash talking to continue while at the same time deleting benign posts or opinions on controversial subjects? What subject matters are considered taboo and why?
Sybil, just a suggestion; I would contact Topix for those answers. You aren't going to get an honest answer here. You as well as I know the score on this topic.
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't in here when those came up.....
Apparently then, it's apparent that the TopMods aren't focused on just ONE or TWO users in this thread like the complainers suggest they are.... That's obvious beings as someone else who came in here to cause a riot had their comment(s) zapped too.
Imagine that....
Oh Nope I wish you had seen it. LOL He was all big and bad and running that mouth one minute then when "wtf" threatened him he shut up mid-sentence and disappeared! HAAAAA! I guess "wtf" didn't appear to be a woman so he was skeerd. LOL Oh well, bless his heart. haha

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

A FART NUT HERE wrote:
<quoted text>
I always wondered why they allowed you to continue your crass remarks about your colonic emissions and yet they delete benign posts by Imposter. That's a glaring inconsistency there. Seems to me that they do target certain individuals for whatever arbitrary reason.
Of course they do Sybil, but the fact is, everybody farts. Wasn't that simple?
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Psychologically, that's a tactic used by even terrorists. Bait your prey with kindness and then attack when their defenses are down.
People like this have no rhyme nor reason for their back and forth "one minute I'll be nice and the next I'll bite your head off" moods.
There are also medical terminologies for these personalities, if it's found that simple immaturity isn't the root cause..
Actually there are a couple which could fit:
BiPolar Disorder is one.. And of course there are people who could be
suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder.
And don't forget psychopath.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

It's listed below every single page, in the dark blue section.

This is the job description listed for a "Part-time Community Manager", which I'm assuming is a TopMod position, although I very well may be wrong..

Responsibilities
Foster community's audience & site usage
Tackle busy customer feedback queue
Stay up-to-date on trends with social media/online communities

Experience Required

Passion for, and deep understanding of, the inner workings of successful online communities
Interest in political discussion
Experience as a moderator or power user of an online community
You know Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act by heart
Sense of humor
Excellent listening & people skills
Excellent organizational & communication skills
Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership
BA preferred

Notes
Please include links to online presence with submitted materials

If this sounds like your kind of gig, send your resume and cover letter to jobs@topix.com
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

The SERIAL BULLY... exhibits unusual and inappropriate attitudes to sexual matters, sexual behaviour and BODILY FUNCTIONS; underneath the charming exterior there are often suspicions or hints of sex discrimination and sexual harassment, perhaps also sexual dysfunction, sexual inadequacy, sexual perversion, sexual violence or sexual abuse

BINGO!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Nope I wish you had seen it. LOL He was all big and bad and running that mouth one minute then when "wtf" threatened him he shut up mid-sentence and disappeared! HAAAAA! I guess "wtf" didn't appear to be a woman so he was skeerd. LOL Oh well, bless his heart. haha
Well, I'm not sorry I missed it in all honesty. That kind of idiocy bores me half to death. It's a waste of eyesight and energy as far as I'm concerned.

But not taking any "sides" here, I've left discussion mid stream for many various reasons before. The phone might ring, the critters might need potty time, etc. I might get the urge to take a long hot bath, or even run the vacuum sweeper at midnight. With me, you never can tell what I do when the mood hits me to get up and do something productive... I'm retired, so I can do whatever I want to, whenever I want to do it. It's a good thing, hehe!! Anyway, my point is that life goes on as do the thread counts, hehe!

My laptop is also set on "Power Saver" mode. So if I walk away and it shuts down due to inactivity, many times I've lost the zeal for posting on whatever the particular subject might have been by the time I get back around to the laptop... So I simply close the lid and go about real life until the mood strikes again..

:)
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Well I have to go for now. Take care Nope and all other sane, decent posters.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
The SERIAL BULLY... exhibits unusual and inappropriate attitudes to sexual matters, sexual behaviour and BODILY FUNCTIONS; underneath the charming exterior there are often suspicions or hints of sex discrimination and sexual harassment, perhaps also sexual dysfunction, sexual inadequacy, sexual perversion, sexual violence or sexual abuse
BINGO!
You sure do. You should have bought my thunder mug and you wouldn't have to take the time to stop posting your nonsense.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>And don't forget psychopath.
Mentally ill individuals can be quite intelligent. Many can be borderline geniuses, while oddly enough on the inside their psyche is in complete turmoil. Particularly if they are on medications and forget to take those meds regularly. Mental illness must be a very lonely disease. Unless of course someone is afflicted with a Multiple Personality Disorder. I'd assume in that case they have plenty of company, although it must get confusing at times..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0...

Antisocial personality disorder:
Antisocial personality disorder is a mental health condition in which a person has a long-term pattern of manipulating, exploiting, or violating the rights of others. This behavior is often criminal.

A person with antisocial personality disorder may:
Be able to act witty and charming
Be good at flattery and manipulating other people's emotions
Break the law repeatedly
Disregard the safety of self and others
Have problems with substance abuse
Lie, steal, and fight often
Not show guilt or remorse
Often be angry or arrogant

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
Well I have to go for now. Take care Nope and all other sane, decent posters.
You too. I'm off of here for a while myself. I have an ill critter and it's time for his meds. Nothing major going on, just a pesky recurring infection. Thank God for an understanding vet who's not greedy... I'd be sunk lately with all of these vet bills and my own health insurance co-pays.

Ooops, it's also time for everyone elses snacks.
(As the cat just reminded me, hehe. I SO love all of my critter kids)..

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
questions

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Sybil, just a suggestion; I would contact Topix for those answers. You aren't going to get an honest answer here. You as well as I know the score on this topic.
those were rhetorical questions, I know the real deal about topix.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

questions wrote:
<quoted text>
those were rhetorical questions, I know the real deal about topix.
I'm sure you do. The real deal is quite evident. It's there for all to see.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

well the old folks now have an ample supply of firewood and I have an ample supply of exercise and no energy left LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,081 - 68,100 of81,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Jay 138,603
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min ChristWarrior 122,683
dell sff desktop 1 hr travis 3
burgerking and walmart 1 hr fred 2
Corey vs. Collins 1 hr Student 50
Knox Central softball 1 hr Gotta Know 5
Anti-NRA Protesters 1 hr Frank Jackson 8
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 10 hr holland 18
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters