Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,681

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
W KY Girl

Dixon, IL

#80937 Jan 5, 2013
@Nope When you need a real good laugh when dealing with a bully, just watch this and laugh your hiney off! LOL
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#80938 Jan 5, 2013
Was there life before Youtube?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#80939 Jan 5, 2013
I'm just extremely tired of the accusations.

I also don't understand why they want to see a thread derailed with all of these ignorant and unfounded accusations.
I was assuming that we were all adults on here, yet a few make me question that assumption as a whole.. If they want to act like teenage prepubescent bullies, that's nothing new to us on here anyway.

What I find ironic is that they complain about whoever is monitoring this thread, but they don't seem to understand that by their very actions, they are insuring job security of someone out in California by acting like five year old children. Pure stupidity in my opinion. Sadly, we've come to expect it from them at this point.

#80941 Jan 5, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Well this dude names "wtf" threatened to drive down from Pikeville and whip his ass and ol' Una DISAPPEARED until late late last night! LOOL I wish the mod hadn't deleted that one but it was pretty colorful. LOL
I wasn't in here when those came up.....

Apparently then, it's apparent that the TopMods aren't focused on just ONE or TWO users in this thread like the complainers suggest they are.... That's obvious beings as someone else who came in here to cause a riot had their comment(s) zapped too.

Imagine that.

In case anyone is interested, Topix DOES have a job listed for a part time "Community Manager". I'd assume that's a TopMod position?

Alas, I have no interest in moving to California. Furthermore, I couldn't even travel out there for any impromptu employee meetings.. If I wanted to live in California, I'd already be there, believe it... I've got sweet and loving animals to tend to right here in the Bluegrass state. I'm kind of partial to my slice of this Kentucky heaven, and thank you God for my blessings...
W KY Girl

Dixon, IL

#80942 Jan 5, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I also don't understand why they want to see a thread derailed with all of these ignorant and unfounded accusations.
I was assuming that we were all adults on here, yet a few make me question that assumption as a whole.. If they want to act like teenage prepubescent bullies, that's nothing new to us on here anyway.
What I find ironic is that they complain about whoever is monitoring this thread, but they don't seem to understand that by their very actions, they are insuring job security of someone out in California by acting like five year old children. Pure stupidity in my opinion. Sadly, we've come to expect it from them at this point.
Well a bully has the deep need to be in control and be the very center of attention. They want to decide the topic of conversation and control everybody in the conversation. If anybody gets out of line, they are a threat to their ego so they get attacked. Anything that is discussed without their approval will be ridiculed. And if you will notice they get soooo sweet to some people (the same people they were bashing not long ago). That is just in hopes of getting that person on their side. It really is just a childish game that some people never outgrow. I believe it must go back to some kind of abuse or neglect in their childhood. No doubt they are some extremely miserable people.
Go All A

Richmond, KY

#80943 Jan 5, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, the way that you communicate with others invites an unfriendly response;i.e., calling people uneducated, sheeple, uninformed, unquestioning, etc. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion without harsh criticism from you or anyone else. You have no idea of the level of education each poster may have. You might be surprised, but that is none of your business anyway. No one should have to defend themselves by divulging personal information. Reread many of the posts. The level of debate that goes on here disproves your notion that posters are unquestioning and uninformed. Some refer to research that they have done, and some bring a wealth of knowledge from life experience. Finally, if you want to persuade your readers, stop calling them sheeple. If you use the word in a derogatory context to demean an individual, you will elicit a negative reaction and people stop listening to you. No one on this thread has ever criticized me for introducing a dissenting opinion, but then again, I do not disparage their remarks either. In a nutshell, it's not what you say, but how you say it.
I have a pretty good idea about a person's level of education after one sentence. The level of debate that happens here really doesn't get far beyond childish insults, other than that it is mostly meaningless banter about the weather, chopping wood, or cast iron skillets and things of that nature. Yes I do demean uneducated and uninformed sheeple, but those that get offended by it only show that what I'm saying about them is true, otherwise why would they be offended? However, I do find that eliciting their anger usually makes them listen more and engage in debate with me which often leads to educating them in the process, and I can tell that from the silence that follows and the unwillingness of most to debate with me any further. So I will continue to say what I say and how I say it, and perhaps get even meaner and more derogatory so thanks for your input ; )
Girl w KY

Richmond, KY

#80944 Jan 5, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well a bully has the deep need to be in control and be the very center of attention. They want to decide the topic of conversation and control everybody in the conversation. If anybody gets out of line, they are a threat to their ego so they get attacked. Anything that is discussed without their approval will be ridiculed. And if you will notice they get soooo sweet to some people (the same people they were bashing not long ago). That is just in hopes of getting that person on their side. It really is just a childish game that some people never outgrow. I believe it must go back to some kind of abuse or neglect in their childhood. No doubt they are some extremely miserable people.
that's a pretty accurate assessment of others, now how do you assess yourself?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#80945 Jan 5, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
This is not coming from California and you know it. Topix Moderators do not delete posts for the fun of it or to be vindictive to the poster or at least I don't see why they would. To put it nicely, if you want to continue in your fabrications, at least change your profile to match them. It's obvious, your posts and profile do not match. Even a five year old can see that.
_-_Open_-_

Richmond, KY

#80946 Jan 5, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently then, it's apparent that the TopMods aren't focused on just ONE or TWO users in this thread like the complainers suggest they are.... That's obvious beings as someone else who came in here to cause a riot had their comment(s) zapped too.
Imagine that.
In case anyone is interested, Topix DOES have a job listed for a part time "Community Manager". I'd assume that's a TopMod position?
Alas, I have no interest in moving to California. Furthermore, I couldn't even travel out there for any impromptu employee meetings.. If I wanted to live in California, I'd already be there, believe it... I've got sweet and loving animals to tend to right here in the Bluegrass state. I'm kind of partial to my slice of this Kentucky heaven, and thank you God for my blessings...
What is the job description for a 'Community Manager'? How do they determine which posts to delete? Why do they often allow trash talking to continue while at the same time deleting benign posts or opinions on controversial subjects? What subject matters are considered taboo and why?
W KY Girl

Dixon, IL

#80948 Jan 5, 2013
Girl w KY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you approve. lol

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#80949 Jan 5, 2013
Girl w KY wrote:
<quoted text>
Get ready for a million word essay, Sybil. Yes Sybil you are a bully too, you can redeem yourself by kissing certian tooshes, if you like.
A FART NUT HERE

Richmond, KY

#80950 Jan 5, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not coming from California and you know it. Topix Moderators do not delete posts for the fun of it or to be vindictive to the poster or at least I don't see why they would. To put it nicely, if you want to continue in your fabrications, at least change your profile to match them. It's obvious, your posts and profile do not match. Even a five year old can see that.
I always wondered why they allowed you to continue your crass remarks about your colonic emissions and yet they delete benign posts by Imposter. That's a glaring inconsistency there. Seems to me that they do target certain individuals for whatever arbitrary reason.

#80951 Jan 5, 2013
Psychologically, that's a tactic used by even terrorists. Bait your prey with kindness and then attack when their defenses are down.

People like this have no rhyme nor reason for their back and forth "one minute I'll be nice and the next I'll bite your head off" moods.

There are also medical terminologies for these personalities, if it's found that simple immaturity isn't the root cause..

Actually there are a couple which could fit:
BiPolar Disorder is one.. And of course there are people who could be suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#80952 Jan 5, 2013
_-_Open_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the job description for a 'Community Manager'? How do they determine which posts to delete? Why do they often allow trash talking to continue while at the same time deleting benign posts or opinions on controversial subjects? What subject matters are considered taboo and why?
Sybil, just a suggestion; I would contact Topix for those answers. You aren't going to get an honest answer here. You as well as I know the score on this topic.
W KY Girl

Dixon, IL

#80953 Jan 5, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that....
Oh Nope I wish you had seen it. LOL He was all big and bad and running that mouth one minute then when "wtf" threatened him he shut up mid-sentence and disappeared! HAAAAA! I guess "wtf" didn't appear to be a woman so he was skeerd. LOL Oh well, bless his heart. haha

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#80954 Jan 5, 2013
A FART NUT HERE wrote:
<quoted text>
I always wondered why they allowed you to continue your crass remarks about your colonic emissions and yet they delete benign posts by Imposter. That's a glaring inconsistency there. Seems to me that they do target certain individuals for whatever arbitrary reason.
Of course they do Sybil, but the fact is, everybody farts. Wasn't that simple?
W KY Girl

Dixon, IL

#80955 Jan 5, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Psychologically, that's a tactic used by even terrorists. Bait your prey with kindness and then attack when their defenses are down.
People like this have no rhyme nor reason for their back and forth "one minute I'll be nice and the next I'll bite your head off" moods.
There are also medical terminologies for these personalities, if it's found that simple immaturity isn't the root cause..
Actually there are a couple which could fit:
BiPolar Disorder is one.. And of course there are people who could be
suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder.
And don't forget psychopath.

#80956 Jan 5, 2013
It's listed below every single page, in the dark blue section.

This is the job description listed for a "Part-time Community Manager", which I'm assuming is a TopMod position, although I very well may be wrong..

Responsibilities
Foster community's audience & site usage
Tackle busy customer feedback queue
Stay up-to-date on trends with social media/online communities

Experience Required

Passion for, and deep understanding of, the inner workings of successful online communities
Interest in political discussion
Experience as a moderator or power user of an online community
You know Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act by heart
Sense of humor
Excellent listening & people skills
Excellent organizational & communication skills
Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership
BA preferred

Notes
Please include links to online presence with submitted materials

If this sounds like your kind of gig, send your resume and cover letter to jobs@topix.com
W KY Girl

Dixon, IL

#80957 Jan 5, 2013
The SERIAL BULLY... exhibits unusual and inappropriate attitudes to sexual matters, sexual behaviour and BODILY FUNCTIONS; underneath the charming exterior there are often suspicions or hints of sex discrimination and sexual harassment, perhaps also sexual dysfunction, sexual inadequacy, sexual perversion, sexual violence or sexual abuse

BINGO!

#80959 Jan 5, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Nope I wish you had seen it. LOL He was all big and bad and running that mouth one minute then when "wtf" threatened him he shut up mid-sentence and disappeared! HAAAAA! I guess "wtf" didn't appear to be a woman so he was skeerd. LOL Oh well, bless his heart. haha
Well, I'm not sorry I missed it in all honesty. That kind of idiocy bores me half to death. It's a waste of eyesight and energy as far as I'm concerned.

But not taking any "sides" here, I've left discussion mid stream for many various reasons before. The phone might ring, the critters might need potty time, etc. I might get the urge to take a long hot bath, or even run the vacuum sweeper at midnight. With me, you never can tell what I do when the mood hits me to get up and do something productive... I'm retired, so I can do whatever I want to, whenever I want to do it. It's a good thing, hehe!! Anyway, my point is that life goes on as do the thread counts, hehe!

My laptop is also set on "Power Saver" mode. So if I walk away and it shuts down due to inactivity, many times I've lost the zeal for posting on whatever the particular subject might have been by the time I get back around to the laptop... So I simply close the lid and go about real life until the mood strikes again..

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peace/Brown-A 29 min bugs 4
S tilhaus Kitchens Warrington 32 min tongsampah106 1
election drawing near 34 min Business owners 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 43 min ChromiuMan 131,387
City council approves mowing illegal private pr... 1 hr Mayors lies 26
starting pay for RN at Knox Hospital? 1 hr woohoo 1
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 2 hr Door knob 72
Indictments 3 hr True words 61
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 14 hr observing 28
Mike Warren embezzled money? 16 hr nocrooks 13
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville