Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
68,001 - 68,020 of 81,594 Comments Last updated Wednesday

Since: Dec 12

United States

#80834 Jan 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched "To Hell and Back." If you want a real eye-opener, read the book that I suggested. There is also another book I've read that is interesting. Can't recall the name right now. I gave it to a friend to read. The book is written by a cardiologist, and he tries to prove that there is no afterlife, based on scientific explanation. The upshot is that he cannot do it. Each of the theories of NDE
based on anoxia, medication, hallucination, etc. does not prove our scientifically. In the end he concludes that consciousness survives the death of the physical body.
Sounds like a couple of good books! Heaven is for Real is good too. That little boy died and went to heaven and came back. He says he met Jesus. In that book is a picture of Jesus drew by a little girl who died and also met Jesus then came back.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80835 Jan 4, 2013
@OGlala.. when you first mentioned "To Hell and Back", I thought you were referencing the old Audie Murphy movie. LOL

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#80836 Jan 4, 2013
Time to quit for the night. May the Lord be with you. I keep all of you in my prayers. Talk with you tomorrow. Lala, or as Una calls me, Uglylala.

United States

#80837 Jan 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched "To Hell and Back." If you want a real eye-opener, read the book that I suggested. There is also another book I've read that is interesting. Can't recall the name right now. I gave it to a friend to read. The book is written by a cardiologist, and he tries to prove that there is no afterlife, based on scientific explanation. The upshot is that he cannot do it. Each of the theories of NDE
based on anoxia, medication, hallucination, etc. does not prove our scientifically. In the end he concludes that consciousness survives the death of the physical body.
"To Hell and Back" is good. I haven't watched it in years. I think I will watch it again. I've got it on video somewhere but don't even have a working video player anymore. lol I'm glad it's online.

United States

#80838 Jan 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Extra Pepperoni, ham, sausage, mozzarella, onions, and black olives added to a cheap store-bought Tombstone pizza.
Sounds good. I bought some pizza crusts in the can (like biscuits) the last time I went to the grocery but I haven't used them yet. I need some sauce.

United States

#80839 Jan 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Time to quit for the night. May the Lord be with you. I keep all of you in my prayers. Talk with you tomorrow. Lala, or as Una calls me, Uglylala.
You're not ugly!:) Good night.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80840 Jan 4, 2013
I live too far out in the boonies for delivery and it is also too far for pickup. So I just make my own by adding extra toppings to store bought.
Where there is a will, there is a way. LOL
Kelly Kid

United States

#80841 Jan 4, 2013
I thought this form was about dead birdies at murray. Were have all the dead birdies gone?

United States

#80842 Jan 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I live too far out in the boonies for delivery and it is also too far for pickup. So I just make my own by adding extra toppings to store bought.
Where there is a will, there is a way. LOL
That is true. lol I have to meet the pizza man up the road, which isn't too bad. I believe in a few days I'm going to make one from scratch again and see how it comes out. I like creating as long as it's not too much work. lol

United States

#80843 Jan 4, 2013
Kelly Kid wrote:
I thought this form was about dead birdies at murray. Were have all the dead birdies gone?
Maybe they went to bird heaven. lol
era

Salyersville, KY

#80844 Jan 4, 2013
Oh no

United States

#80845 Jan 4, 2013
Hey AW. I was asking you before, how does they Layena do in a bird feeder?
WOW

Elizabethtown, KY

#80846 Jan 4, 2013
Hasnt this been on here long enough!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#80847 Jan 4, 2013
I have never found any point in arguing or debating with an Atheist. King Solomon advised strongly against engaging such activities with a fool.

If one is to believe the Holy Scriptures, it is plainly stated therein; The fool has said in their there is no God, for even the devils believe and tremble.

Atheists just like to argue and get attention. It's always the fairy tale business they bring up. The only thing I haven't figured out is, are they trying to convince themselves or someone else, there isn't a Creator?

I see no sense in trying to force anything upon anyone. Take it or leave it. It's everybody's free will and choice.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80850 Jan 4, 2013
I am on fixed income and go to the store once a month and get enough items to have pizza once each week.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#80851 Jan 4, 2013
WOW wrote:
Hasnt this been on here long enough!
Yes it has and not a bird in sight. Now go to bed. OK, OK, your sippy cup first, then it's off to bed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80855 Jan 4, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
Hey AW. I was asking you before, how does they Layena do in a bird feeder?
The Layena pellets may be too big for a regular bird feeder (I don't know), but the Layena crumbles will work. I have a plastic one gallon feeder that I use for baby chicks and when it is not used for that purpose I fill it about 1/2 full and hang it up for the birds.

I start the baby chicks on crumbles and move them up to pellets at about 8 weeks, so I always have left over crumbles from my 50 pound bag to give to the birds. The crumbles are about like some really coarse corn meal. The pellets are about 1/2 the size of a grain of corn. Scratch grains which contain cracked corn and millet would probably be good too and much cheaper than straight bird feed. A 50 pound bag of scratch grains is about $15.
W KY Girl

United States

#80857 Jan 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The Layena pellets may be too big for a regular bird feeder (I don't know), but the Layena crumbles will work. I have a plastic one gallon feeder that I use for baby chicks and when it is not used for that purpose I fill it about 1/2 full and hang it up for the birds.
I start the baby chicks on crumbles and move them up to pellets at about 8 weeks, so I always have left over crumbles from my 50 pound bag to give to the birds. The crumbles are about like some really coarse corn meal. The pellets are about 1/2 the size of a grain of corn. Scratch grains which contain cracked corn and millet would probably be good too and much cheaper than straight bird feed. A 50 pound bag of scratch grains is about $15.
Thank you AW. I believe I will try one of them. Regular feed is too high. Birds had my feeders covered today!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#80858 Jan 4, 2013
Hello fellow bird threaders. Hope you had a great day.

My calendar just rolled over to 1/5/13 and that makes it our 2 year bird threading anniversary. lol

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger
Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.
Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer
MURRAY, Ky.- State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

May they rest in peace.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#80860 Jan 4, 2013
Early flu season accelerates; no peak yet, CDC says
The nation’s early flu season continued to grow in the U.S. this week, with no sign yet of a peak in the spread of coughing, achy, feverish illness, health officials said Friday.

As of the week ending Dec. 29, 2,257 people had been hospitalized with flu, and 18 children had died from complications of the illness, CDC reported.

“It’s about five weeks ahead of the average flu season,” said Lyn Finelli, lead of the surveillance and response team that monitors influenza for the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.“We haven’t seen such an early season since 2003 to 2004.”

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/04/16...

On the news today they said their was a man in Northern Kentucky listed as the first death from the flu in our state. Be careful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min Mitch 1,282
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Quantummist 130,469
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 37 min Nutz 151,117
Travis slushpup 56 min Brenda 6
betty mills 2 hr friend 3
hot girl a the funeral home 5 hr wow 7
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 10 hr Tell it 9
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••