Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,662

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
W KY Girl

United States

#80789 Jan 4, 2013
Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
I meditate actually. Anyhow I am as open to you religion as any other supernatural claim. I'm willing to except imperial evidence. There just isn't any that I've seen. If you have any then get it published, peer reviewed, and collect your Nobel Prize.
Alien, no man on earth can prove to you that God exists. Only God can do that. But IF you really want to know I suggest you read the bible and ask God to show Himself to you. There are a lot of people like you. Many of them do find God and many write about it. That would definitely be good reading too. But the bible has the answers.
W KY Girl

United States

#80790 Jan 4, 2013
Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
People have died in many religions and cults.
True
Girl w KY

Richmond, KY

#80791 Jan 4, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it not only says your neighbor's wife, but everything that belongs to your neighbor. Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever took anything that belonged to someone else? Have you always honored your parents? The thing is, if you break one rule you are as guilty as if you had broken them all.
James 2: 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point,he has become guilty of all. 11 For He who said,“DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY,” also said,“DO NOT COMMIT MURDER.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
no, I have not broken any of the commandments except maybe for the wife rule...but it was with divorced women, does that count?
Alien

Duluth, GA

#80792 Jan 4, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Alien, no man on earth can prove to you that God exists. Only God can do that. But IF you really want to know I suggest you read the bible and ask God to show Himself to you. There are a lot of people like you. Many of them do find God and many write about it. That would definitely be good reading too. But the bible has the answers.
Why not read The Koran? Why not follow Buddhism's eightfold path? Why not look into Hinduism or Judaism?
Girl w KY

Richmond, KY

#80793 Jan 4, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it not only says your neighbor's wife, but everything that belongs to your neighbor. Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever took anything that belonged to someone else? Have you always honored your parents? The thing is, if you break one rule you are as guilty as if you had broken them all.
James 2: 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point,he has become guilty of all. 11 For He who said,“DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY,” also said,“DO NOT COMMIT MURDER.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
you mean telling a white lie even in jest is the same as committing murder?...well it's a good thing Jesus revised it then.
W KY Girl

United States

#80796 Jan 4, 2013
Girl w KY wrote:
<quoted text>
no, I have not broken any of the commandments except maybe for the wife rule...but it was with divorced women, does that count?
Jesus did not do away with the commandments when He came, He amped them up!
Matthew5:17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Matthew 5:27 “You have heard that it was said,‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY’; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
W KY Girl

United States

#80797 Jan 4, 2013
Girl w KY wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible give only two acceptable reasons for divorce. One is if the spouse cheats on you, you can divorce them. The other is if you are a Christian and your spouse is not a Christian, YOUR SPOUSE can divorce you. Sex with any divorced person who got a divorce for any other reason is considered adultry.

You can't make me believe that you have NEVER told a lie or stole anything lol
W KY Girl

United States

#80798 Jan 4, 2013
Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not read The Koran? Why not follow Buddhism's eightfold path? Why not look into Hinduism or Judaism?
You can read them all and even follow them all BUT none of them have a solution for our sin problem except Christianity.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#80800 Jan 4, 2013
Well, another interesting day.
How about you all??
Girl w KY

Richmond, KY

#80801 Jan 4, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible give only two acceptable reasons for divorce. One is if the spouse cheats on you, you can divorce them. The other is if you are a Christian and your spouse is not a Christian, YOUR SPOUSE can divorce you. Sex with any divorced person who got a divorce for any other reason is considered adultry.
never stole anything and only lied in jest and told the truth later. So sex with a divorced woman with an acceptable reason for divorce is ok? What about lust for an anonymous internet married woman, is that considered adultery?
W KY Girl

United States

#80802 Jan 4, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
And sex outside of marriage is fornication, also against the rules.

There is no way anyone can keep all of the Commandments/rules! That is why Jesus Christ died on the cross. He took your punishment so you don't have to. It sounds so simple, dying on the cross. Watch Passion of the Christ and you will see what Jesus really went through for YOU.
Alien

Mayfield, KY

#80803 Jan 4, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
You can read them all and even follow them all BUT none of them have a solution for our sin problem except Christianity.
It's a Christian solution for a Christian problem.
W KY Girl

United States

#80805 Jan 4, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Well, another interesting day.
How about you all??
Hi RI. I hope your day got better.:)
W KY Girl

United States

#80807 Jan 4, 2013
Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
haha Never heard that one! It sounds good. lol It won't work though. In the end we will all face the same God, whether you believe He exists or not. What I BELIEVE does not change reality.
Alien

Mayfield, KY

#80808 Jan 4, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
haha Never heard that one! It sounds good. lol It won't work though. In the end we will all face the same God, whether you believe He exists or not. What I BELIEVE does not change reality.
Saying your particular religion is reality doesn't make it so.
W KY Girl

United States

#80809 Jan 4, 2013
Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kind of like not paying your taxes because you don't believe in taxes. Sounded like a great idea at the time but sooner or later the IRS catches up with you, then you really pay!:)
W KY Girl

United States

#80810 Jan 4, 2013
Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying your particular religion is reality doesn't make it so.
I agree.
Alien

Mayfield, KY

#80811 Jan 4, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>That's kind of like not paying your taxes because you don't believe in taxes. Sounded like a great idea at the time but sooner or later the IRS catches up with you, then you really pay!:)
The difference is I can actually meet IRS agents, see the IRS building, and experience real works programs my taxes pay for.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#80812 Jan 4, 2013
No one is going to convince Alien to change his/her mind. But we have done well in witnessing for the Lord. Spent time this evening watching the video that W KY Girl suggested.
Sounds like you folks have had an interesting debate, and I missed quite a bit of it.
W KY Girl

United States

#80813 Jan 4, 2013
Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is I can actually meet IRS agents, see the IRS building, and experience real works programs my taxes pay for.
That's true too. IF God was real, would you want to know and accept Him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing from child's grave 5 min Coke And A Smile 23
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 38 min ole Joe 7,392
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr John316 155,559
ItsBarbourville on ustream 1 hr neo cons cant 2
Girls at Flatlick Dolar General? 2 hr friend 19
McDonald's 2 hr j j j 8
Mindless Democrats 2 hr neo cons cant 3
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance