Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#80745 Jan 4, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do y'all remember back when they allowed airplanes to break the sound barrier? That was so cool but it sure would scare the heck out of you if you weren't expecting it. LOL I remember being outside with my grandfather one day (about 1968) and heard the big BOOM when a plane went over. I said something about it thundering then he told me it wasn't thunder and told me that the plane did it.
Yep, I remember the noise those jets made. It would startle you because you didn't expect it.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#80746 Jan 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I can sympathize with her. I took care of my mother up until 6 weeks before she passed away. At the same time, I had to take care of my young grandson, who we finally got to adopt. Life is not easy sometimes, but you still can't let it get to you. I found that if I keep my spirits up, no matter what is going on, I can get through any difficulties that life throws at me. I am sure that you would agree that the Lord will not give us any life challenge that we cannot overcome. When I'm getting overwhelmed, I just put it in God's hands. Works for me, anyway.
That is the only way it will work. I was very fortunate and blessed to have been allowed to hold my Dads hand as his spirit passed into eternity. Also my Mother took her last breath in my arms with my daughter trying to give her CPR. Some might not count these things as a blessing, but I knew of the testamony of being saved by the grace of Jesus, they left behind. That is the most important move anyone can make in this life. It's not, I hope I make it. Salvation is a, I know so thing.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80747 Jan 4, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep AW, but I don't need the thunder mug since I found the 5 gallon plastic bucket. LOL. You know AW, I could kick my own butt. I moved out of that house and left behind 3 or 4 cast iron skillets behind. I did remember to get the small cast iron one. That's the one I use to bake cornbread in. I intentionally left all of that slick Tupperware junk behind. That junk is great to beat you to death everytime you open a cabinet door. I think it jumps off of the shelf. LOL.
You got that right. I think that Tupperware was spring loaded. After the wife passed over, I got rid of all that stuff. I refused to use one of those Tupperware tea glasses. No matter how well one washed it, your milk or tea always tasted like dish detergent.

When I moved to and remodeled the homestead, I lined the kitchen wall above the counter vertically with tongue and groove (used) oak planking and then made horizontal shelving that I can just reach up and get what I want that is stacked neatly. My iron skillets hang on hooks on the oak planking adjacent to the range. I covered that part of the planking in plexiglass such that the planking still shows through. I have no over head cabinets at all and don't want any. My poor wife was so short that she left the cabinet doors open and I beaned the top of my head more times than I want to remember. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#80748 Jan 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right. I think that Tupperware was spring loaded. After the wife passed over, I got rid of all that stuff. I refused to use one of those Tupperware tea glasses. No matter how well one washed it, your milk or tea always tasted like dish detergent.
When I moved to and remodeled the homestead, I lined the kitchen wall above the counter vertically with tongue and groove (used) oak planking and then made horizontal shelving that I can just reach up and get what I want that is stacked neatly. My iron skillets hang on hooks on the oak planking adjacent to the range. I covered that part of the planking in plexiglass such that the planking still shows through. I have no over head cabinets at all and don't want any. My poor wife was so short that she left the cabinet doors open and I beaned the top of my head more times than I want to remember. LOL
Isn't it amazing how the old head catches all of those scrapes and knots. Whoo wee, those hanging flower pots. Lol. Those things are a no no around here. You're right about those Tupperware tumblers, no matter how well they were washed that still had a funky taste and odor, plus a greasy feeling. Those things were trashed long before the relationship was. Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80749 Jan 4, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the only way it will work. I was very fortunate and blessed to have been allowed to hold my Dads hand as his spirit passed into eternity. Also my Mother took her last breath in my arms with my daughter trying to give her CPR. Some might not count these things as a blessing, but I knew of the testamony of being saved by the grace of Jesus, they left behind. That is the most important move anyone can make in this life. It's not, I hope I make it. Salvation is a, I know so thing.
The day before my dad passed over, I loaded him into his car with his oxygen and took him to Baskin-Robbins then drove him down here to the Homestead and let him see his daddy's old farm (that somebody else still owns) and then came on down the road to this house and 2 acres that he built in 1946 but had to sell due to my mama's health. I promised him that I would buy this little place back some day. That was in 1997 and it took me until 2010, but I kept my promise. When he passed on, he smiled at me and said "I am ready". My dad went to church every time the doors were open and just this past summer, I felt like some of my obligation included going back to his church also. I am much into nostalgia and tradition.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80750 Jan 4, 2013
I don't accept or abide by all of the man made rules of social conformity established by some faiths, including those of my Dad's Church. I have been in good stead with the CREATOR for a long time and I can read the Scriptures and worship GOD just as well here on the Homestead (usually out in Nature) as I can at Church, but my going is two fold:

. 1 to honor Dad's memory and his tradtions.

. 2 to set an example.

You folks have a good day, I need to do some chores.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#80751 Jan 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The day before my dad passed over, I loaded him into his car with his oxygen and took him to Baskin-Robbins then drove him down here to the Homestead and let him see his daddy's old farm (that somebody else still owns) and then came on down the road to this house and 2 acres that he built in 1946 but had to sell due to my mama's health. I promised him that I would buy this little place back some day. That was in 1997 and it took me until 2010, but I kept my promise. When he passed on, he smiled at me and said "I am ready". My dad went to church every time the doors were open and just this past summer, I felt like some of my obligation included going back to his church also. I am much into nostalgia and tradition.
What a nice way to part company for a season. You are blessed to have fulfilled your obligation. Some things are just meant to be. I don't fret over misfortunes like when I was younger. I just usually roll with them and get up and try again. Lol.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#80752 Jan 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't accept or abide by all of the man made rules of social conformity established by some faiths, including those of my Dad's Church. I have been in good stead with the CREATOR for a long time and I can read the Scriptures and worship GOD just as well here on the Homestead (usually out in Nature) as I can at Church, but my going is two fold:
. 1 to honor Dad's memory and his tradtions.
. 2 to set an example.
You folks have a good day, I need to do some chores.
I have been doing a few chores off and on. Good day, AW.

Yes that is my main concern, the church and it's future. After all it was handed down to us.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#80753 Jan 4, 2013
The back said to stop stacking fire wood, so I listened before the spine got into the conversation. I was surprised to see a good number of birds this morning including a regular visitor, a pileated woodpecker.
Alien

Mayfield, KY

#80754 Jan 4, 2013
“Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.” &#8213; Epicurus
concerned

Shepherdsville, KY

#80755 Jan 4, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
This years flu shot liked to killed me. I took it over a month ago, ended up in the hospital days after taking it with abdominal pain. I never got a reasonable explanation as to what had caused the pain. Had a swollen liver, got tested for hep a,b and c- all came back neg. After 48 hours of IV fluids I felt better and was released.
Now guess what? I have the worse damn flu I've have had in years and years. Feel like I am dying.
Goodnight.
Oh gosh! I just watch something about the flu shots. I was checking out something and found this (normally I don't watch this guy)but you may want to check this out, it's toward the end about the shots.
BilderBerg Group: The Exclusive Documentary - this is Jesse Ventura.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80756 Jan 4, 2013
Alien wrote:
“Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.” &#8213; Epicurus
That is only for those that do not have an abiding faith that God and Good will overcome satan and evil and that the spirit of man lives on. If I did not have faith that my ancestors and wife live on in a better Hereafter, then there would no longer be any necessity for me to be and death should just come on and free me from all the adversity.
W KY Girl

Crystal Lake, IL

#80757 Jan 4, 2013
Alien wrote:
Hi Alien. Check out the film "To Hell and Back."
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80758 Jan 4, 2013
Without death, there is no life. And without life, there is no death. If either does not exist, then the other cannot and there is no reason for being or having ever even existed except maybe as some inanimate object.

Back to more chores.
W KY Girl

Crystal Lake, IL

#80759 Jan 4, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Alien. Check out the film "To Hell and Back."
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
W KY Girl

Crystal Lake, IL

#80760 Jan 4, 2013
If you don't believe adults listen to this little boy's story.
http://heavenisforreal.net/
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80762 Jan 4, 2013
Alien wrote:
I should have known you all believe a bunch of superstitious nonsense.
I am not superstitious at all. But that belief only propigates immorality and hedonism.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80765 Jan 4, 2013
I worry about those that don't think that reward and punishment keeps people moral. If death means nothing then there would be more incidences such as Sandy Hook.

Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#80766 Jan 4, 2013
I had an uncle whom died way before I was a little ugly towheaded hellyun. On one of his trips back from the front lines of German action he brought back a hatchet some old German blacksmith forged. My uncle died in that war when he went back to serve. Farm people in thoese times appreciated the smaller things and like me, he had a love for blades and this hatchet just called to him. The small axe was used for many years by my grandparents and somehow the handle was broken and since they had another it was hung up on the shed wall and forgotten. I got the hatchet head last year from I guess it would be a third cousin?? Uncles, son's son if that makes sence. Anyway over the summer I made a new handle for it from African Iron wood center with Buginga slabs. Curved with a raised palm pad for a right handed user. Today after stacking wood I got the hatchet out to split small peices for kindling. This little thing hits like it's lazer guided and splits shaves like a razor. Yea I know shut up already, but sometimes these old things seem to have their own life and do what they do so well. I think my uncle would be pleased.
W KY Girl

Pontiac, IL

#80767 Jan 4, 2013
Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
If reward and punishment are what keep you moral then I worry about you.
I don't believe reward and punishment could keep me moral. It would be too much work. When a person accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior they are changed. I'm not saying they become perfect, but definitely different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 25 min gator 21
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr dollarsbill 132,161
jason hughes 1 hr sky 10
teena Marie mills 3 hr john 5
jessica napier 10 hr hmm 1
food stamp office 10 hr Jdp889 15
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 12 hr _Zoey_ 3,608
praying it's all a lie 20 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE