Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,627

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#80719 Jan 4, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
After an impossibly long night, I am headed to work. I am not in a good mood, so God help whoever gets on my nerves today.
It's rough when you can't get a good night's sleep. It happens to me often. Take care, and drive carefully to work. Glad that you checked in for a moment.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#80720 Jan 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. Winter is no doubt here. Hope everyone got a good night's sleep.
Good morning Uglylala, glad you are up and well. I turned in early last night and think I got to much sleep. Lol. Winter, Ugh, blah.
W KY Girl

Crystal Lake, IL

#80721 Jan 4, 2013
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I too am a believer and know. I stumbled across this the other day and thought it to be interesting. I pray everyone on here takes the time to view it. It confirms a lot of things I've been hearing. Note the date of this and think what is going on right now. This is a wake up call for America!
The Obama Deception HQ Full length version - YouTube
TAMMS prison in southern Illinios is closing, prisoners being transferred out. It is a 700 bed super-max prison. I suppose that could be used as another FEMA Camp when the time comes. Oh boy!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80723 Jan 4, 2013
Dog and I listened to cold coyotes all night.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#80724 Jan 4, 2013
Fellow Bird Threaders, are you getting behind posting? Are you irritated because you have to stop posting long enough to answer natures calls to the bathroom/outhouse? Are you losing your spot in line for brownie points and toosh kissing?

Well suffer no more. I have for sale one gently used chamber pot/thunder mug. This is a white enamel coated potty, with a few minor chigger bite chips in the enamel. No lid, but it's only two dollars. Act quickly and I will include a template to cut a hole in your favorite chair for a sure fit installation of your new used thunder mug.

Never miss another key stroke.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#80725 Jan 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I bet that's scary AW. Lol. Maybe you and dog need to buy my pee pot. Dang if I would go outside with those things howling. Lol.
W KY Girl

Crystal Lake, IL

#80726 Jan 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Don't let them make a snack out of dog on one of his trips to the tree! Me and my neighbor both have had small dogs go missing and blame it on coyotes. I know they have to eat too but dang!
W KY Girl

Crystal Lake, IL

#80727 Jan 4, 2013
flipping out here wrote:
use it to house dope heads it wont be big enough though sorry.
I had rather house government crooks there. lol
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#80728 Jan 4, 2013
Ok, so like today is stacking split wood day and getting it in the dry. Seasoned maple burns about as good as the oaks but that twisted wood is a bugger to split. I seen some great birds eye maple in there and saved a few select peices for small projects. If the man who cut this one down had called me, I'd had some absolutly fine curly maple planks and birds eye boards for my wood projects but he'd already wacked it up into random lengths.

When I cleard my land I took the bigger oaks and split them to make benchs around the fire pit and landscapes. I hate wasting natural resources when options are there.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80729 Jan 4, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Fellow Bird Threaders, are you getting behind posting? Are you irritated because you have to stop posting long enough to answer natures calls to the bathroom/outhouse? Are you losing your spot in line for brownie points and toosh kissing?
Well suffer no more. I have for sale one gently used chamber pot/thunder mug. This is a white enamel coated potty, with a few minor chigger bite chips in the enamel. No lid, but it's only two dollars. Act quickly and I will include a template to cut a hole in your favorite chair for a sure fit installation of your new used thunder mug.
Never miss another key stroke.
So the ex left you with the thunder mug? Too bad she did not leave you some iron skillets so you could join that discussion. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80730 Jan 4, 2013
But if you sell that thing, you won't have a "pot to pee in" LOL I guess it don't matter though since you said you did not have "a window to throw it out".
W KY Girl

Crystal Lake, IL

#80731 Jan 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
So the ex left you with the thunder mug? Too bad she did not leave you some iron skillets so you could join that discussion. LOL
LOL I was lazy this morning. The skillets got a rest and I broke out the cereal.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#80732 Jan 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
It's rough when you can't get a good night's sleep. It happens to me often. Take care, and drive carefully to work. Glad that you checked in for a moment.
Very true, Roaming is a really good person that a lot of people try to give her a rough way to go. The lady works two jobs, takes care of her own household and sees that her elderly parents needs are met. That say's it all.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80733 Jan 4, 2013
For those that may not know, the old antique beds set so high off the floor so that the chamber pot would fit under. My granny's slats holding the springs up broke once and she fell into the pot. hehehehe

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#80734 Jan 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep AW, but I don't need the thunder mug since I found the 5 gallon plastic bucket. LOL. You know AW, I could kick my own butt. I moved out of that house and left behind 3 or 4 cast iron skillets behind. I did remember to get the small cast iron one. That's the one I use to bake cornbread in. I intentionally left all of that slick Tupperware junk behind. That junk is great to beat you to death everytime you open a cabinet door. I think it jumps off of the shelf. LOL.

Location hidden

#80735 Jan 4, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Oglala. I sure did, slept so hard my back is killing me. Hate it when that happens! lol Have a good day.
Have a good day to you, too. I know the feeling when you get a bad back. Sometimes I just move the wrong way and it goes out. I don't know about you, but with me, it's a sign that I'm getting older but still trying to do the things I did when I was younger.
W KY Girl

Crystal Lake, IL

#80736 Jan 4, 2013
Two military helicopters just went over, east to west. They were probably half a mile away but still really loud. I heard them coming way before they got here.

Location hidden

#80737 Jan 4, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet that's scary AW. Lol. Maybe you and dog need to buy my pee pot. Dang if I would go outside with those things howling. Lol.
There are two packs nearby where I live, and they get to howling every night. One of my outdoor dogs likes to join in. Thank goodness he never tries to find the pack. Even though he is a huge dog, he wouldn't stand a chance with a pack. The coyotes are getting very large. One was brave enough to come within 200 feet of the house. She just stared at me for awhile, then loped off. They certainly are not afraid of humans.
W KY Girl

Crystal Lake, IL

#80738 Jan 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a good day to you, too. I know the feeling when you get a bad back. Sometimes I just move the wrong way and it goes out. I don't know about you, but with me, it's a sign that I'm getting older but still trying to do the things I did when I was younger.
Mine is probably from acting a fool when I was young. I can sleep in some bad position then wake up and can't hardly move. Then I walk around with a catch in my get along for the whole day! lol

Location hidden

#80739 Jan 4, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
Ok, so like today is stacking split wood day and getting it in the dry. Seasoned maple burns about as good as the oaks but that twisted wood is a bugger to split. I seen some great birds eye maple in there and saved a few select peices for small projects. If the man who cut this one down had called me, I'd had some absolutly fine curly maple planks and birds eye boards for my wood projects but he'd already wacked it up into random lengths.
When I cleard my land I took the bigger oaks and split them to make benchs around the fire pit and landscapes. I hate wasting natural resources when options are there.
We did the same when we built our barn up North. We had the stall walls and all the barn interior done in oak, from trees where we cleared some land for a small paddock. Boy, do I miss that barn. It was a beautiful log barn and matched our gambrel log house. I wish that I could have taken the barn to Kentucky. We had a decent barn constructed here, with an attached apartment on the other side of the barn.(That's where I went when I didn't want to deal with people. But even so, our barn here does not hold a candle to the one I had In Ma. Oh well, got to make some trade-offs sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 152,801
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Quantummist 130,963
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 hr haaaaaaa 4,133
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 4 hr Bigdaddy 50
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr Reporter 26,251
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 5 hr ms_Sweeter 3,528
Henson Hollow 6 hr your mom 4
What happened at Stinking Creek? Fri Brenda 87
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••