Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,386)

Showing posts 67,701 - 67,720 of81,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80441
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped using anything except cast iron cookware when the Teflon warnings started to come out many years ago. Plus the fact that I always seem to have an exotic pet bird of some kind within my menagerie of critter kids. Any hazardous fumes can kill them very quickly.
I also noticed that eventually the non-stick "coatings" on that type of cookware will eventually end up IN your food when scratches get bad on the surface. I won't even microwave anything in plastic any more. Carcinogens are in about everything we own these days. Our homes are full of formaldehyde and other cancer causing elements. More than we may even be made privy to.
I agree about the plastic too! It wouldn't hurt my feelings if my microwave kicked the bucket. About all I use it for is warming a few things. All this stuff we cook in, what food is stored in and the food itself is what's wrong with a lot of us!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80442
Jan 1, 2013
 
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you're feeling so crappy Richard. My boyfriend had what I think was the flu and is just now coming out of it. What symptoms are you having?
Is he feeling better now? Didn't you say that he'd had his flu shot also?

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80443
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he feeling better now? Didn't you say that he'd had his flu shot also?
Oh yeah, he is about well now. Yes he did have a flu shot. He was so sick for a few days, not eating anything and just stayed in bed. I think it was Christmas Eve when he started feeling real bad. By the next day he was in bed and that is unheard of in him.

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80444
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I hope I get a dang raise this year for my mis/dis-information work! Oh the life of a government operative - no respect I tell ya, no respect!!! lol

Wow, all in one week I have been a Topix moderator, a government agent and a lady I've never met. I am busy!:)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80445
Jan 1, 2013
 
My brother in law had it really bad too. Although I can't say if he got his flu shot or not, but I'd say he did because the rest of the family did. A day later, my sister came down with it as well. She spent 18 hours in bed, unable to function. Very strange for her too.

But my brother inlaw NEVER gets sick like this one that hit him. My sister says that in the 23 years they've been together, she's known of him to vomit only three times. This one being the third. He was extremely ill and is still trying to get his strength back. It hit him the day after Christmas, and then it got her about a day later.

Odd too is the fact that so many people are talking about having these same symptoms, both on Topix AND FaceBook, yet I've seen nothing on the news about an outbreak of the size that this appears to be... I'm also getting emails from friends from out of state who've been really ill with it.

So where did this bug come from? Every one I know who's gone to the doctor has been told that NO, it's not the regular seasonal flu that these vaccines were manufactured for, but "another bug" that's going around... Made me wonder how these doctors could tell one from the other via a simple in-office exam with no blood work or other tests being run..

Was something really in those flu shots? And IF there was something in them, will we ever know??
I doubt we will..

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80446
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

West KY Girl wrote:
I hope I get a dang raise this year for my mis/dis-information work! Oh the life of a government operative - no respect I tell ya, no respect!!! lol
Wow, all in one week I have been a Topix moderator, a government agent and a lady I've never met. I am busy!:)
Lord, welcome to the club. I've been a Mod, a Nazi, a rat, a con, some lady in town who's an administrator at a local health care facility, and a professionally compensated liar, hehe. Wonder where all of these employers have been sending these payroll checks I seem to be missing.. I surely could use the spare change. Christmas put a bite in the old bank account, LOL!
Odd that no one accused me of being Santa Claus.
Maybe just an elf... Hmmmmm.

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80447
Jan 1, 2013
 
Vitamin D and the Flu: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...
Vitamin D is really good for the immune system but, the government recommended dose (avg. 400 IU's/day) isn't nearly enough. I take 4,000 IU's per day and I have seen prescription Vitamin D at 5,000 IU's/day. It is VERY IMPORTANT for the elderly to keep their bones strong. That is very important if they are unsteady and have frequent falls. Also, during the winter months most of us are not outside long enough to get enough Vitamin D from the sun. That can lead to winter-time depression, especially in older people. Also, black people need a Vitamin D supplement because their dark skin does not synthesize Vitamin D from the sun as well as lighter skin does.
(Of course we should always talk to our doctor about these things and get regular blood work done.)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80448
Jan 1, 2013
 
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree about the plastic too! It wouldn't hurt my feelings if my microwave kicked the bucket. About all I use it for is warming a few things. All this stuff we cook in, what food is stored in and the food itself is what's wrong with a lot of us!
Speaking of plastics, have you ever given any thought to all of our foods that the grocery stores put out on these green or yellow Styrofoam trays? We already know how bad the fumes from burning Styrofoam can be. Yet we allow our food to be packaged in, and sometimes sit on it, for days at a time. Meat can sit for sometimes four to five days on that Styrofoam tray and then it's wrapped in cellophane on top of that. These very same products that are so toxic if the fumes are inhaled if you burn them.... So is it the actual BURNING fumes that are deadly, or the invisible fumes given off from these products that we can't see or smell on top of it all that are causing us to die from these cancers??

I think sometimes that we've nudged our own bodies into nourishing and feeding many of these cancerous cells that are killing us off simply through the products that we naively bring into our homes..

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80449
Jan 1, 2013
 
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord, welcome to the club. I've been a Mod, a Nazi, a rat, a con, some lady in town who's an administrator at a local health care facility, and a professionally compensated liar, hehe. Wonder where all of these employers have been sending these payroll checks I seem to be missing.. I surely could use the spare change. Christmas put a bite in the old bank account, LOL!
Odd that no one accused me of being Santa Claus.
Maybe just an elf... Hmmmmm.
...and I thought I was busy! LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80450
Jan 1, 2013
 
Oh yeah, and don't forget what AB posted about margarine the other day. How it's only one element away from being plastic.... And she's right, nothing will grow on it. No molds=, no insects, nadda.

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80451
Jan 1, 2013
 
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
My brother in law had it really bad too. Although I can't say if he got his flu shot or not, but I'd say he did because the rest of the family did. A day later, my sister came down with it as well. She spent 18 hours in bed, unable to function. Very strange for her too.
But my brother inlaw NEVER gets sick like this one that hit him. My sister says that in the 23 years they've been together, she's known of him to vomit only three times. This one being the third. He was extremely ill and is still trying to get his strength back. It hit him the day after Christmas, and then it got her about a day later.
Odd too is the fact that so many people are talking about having these same symptoms, both on Topix AND FaceBook, yet I've seen nothing on the news about an outbreak of the size that this appears to be... I'm also getting emails from friends from out of state who've been really ill with it.
So where did this bug come from? Every one I know who's gone to the doctor has been told that NO, it's not the regular seasonal flu that these vaccines were manufactured for, but "another bug" that's going around... Made me wonder how these doctors could tell one from the other via a simple in-office exam with no blood work or other tests being run..
Was something really in those flu shots? And IF there was something in them, will we ever know??
I doubt we will..
I have had one flu shot in my life and I don't know what I was thinking. I don't plan on getting another one. It didn't make me sick or anything. I just do not trust vaccines! Shoot, look what they are doing to kids with all the vaccines - ADD-ADHD, Autism, etc. No thanks!
I was with him for about three days but I thank God I didn't get it!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80452
Jan 1, 2013
 
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
...and I thought I was busy! LOL
Right? We obviously need to send out a posse to search for our lost/missing incomes. But then again with the vast numbers of personal contacts we should already have available due to our top secret positions, it should be a no brainer..
:)

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80453
Jan 1, 2013
 
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of plastics, have you ever given any thought to all of our foods that the grocery stores put out on these green or yellow Styrofoam trays? We already know how bad the fumes from burning Styrofoam can be. Yet we allow our food to be packaged in, and sometimes sit on it, for days at a time. Meat can sit for sometimes four to five days on that Styrofoam tray and then it's wrapped in cellophane on top of that. These very same products that are so toxic if the fumes are inhaled if you burn them.... So is it the actual BURNING fumes that are deadly, or the invisible fumes given off from these products that we can't see or smell on top of it all that are causing us to die from these cancers??
I think sometimes that we've nudged our own bodies into nourishing and feeding many of these cancerous cells that are killing us off simply through the products that we naively bring into our homes..
I think you are right. Also look at all the fast food restaurants that use styrofoam, putting the food in it then setting it under heat lamps! And now the bags of veggies in the freezer section, the ones where the veggies are microwaved in the plastic. No way! And water in plastic bottles. If they sit in the sun and then you drink the water you get all kinds of good toxins! You are right, we are killing ourselves.

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80454
Jan 1, 2013
 
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Oh yeah, and don't forget what AB posted about margarine the other day. How it's only one element away from being plastic.... And she's right, nothing will grow on it. No molds=, no insects, nadda.
Oh yeah! I have been preaching to my family about margarine and those spreads for years and they won't listen to me!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80455
Jan 1, 2013
 
Well, I'm yawning so badly now that my eyes are watering, LOL! I'm really hitting the hay this time. You have a great evening, WKG. I'll talk to you tomorrow!

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80456
Jan 1, 2013
 
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? We obviously need to send out a posse to search for our lost/missing incomes. But then again with the vast numbers of personal contacts we should already have available due to our top secret positions, it should be a no brainer..
:)
hehehe
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80457
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi AW.:) Your kraut sounds good too, as well as the fried cornbread. Is it "hot water cornbread?" I love that stuff. My boyfriend was in the grocery today and he said at least half the buggies in the store had a head of cabbage in them. lol
I don't know if it was hot or cold LOL I just made what my ancestors called "hoe cakes".... mainly corn meal, with a little flour, egg, butter milk, and lard. My understanding is that "hoe cakes" name came from when the pioneers could not take much stuff along or when the slaves did not have much to start with and made the corn bread and cooked it on the end of a hoe held over an open flame either outdoors or in the fireplace. I did not use a hoe though LOL but an iron skillet.

I even thought about "boiling" some coffee but used the Mr. Coffee instead. Coffee was just boiled over the open flames and then add a little cold water to make the grounds sink to the bottom of the pot.

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80458
Jan 1, 2013
 
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Well, I'm yawning so badly now that my eyes are watering, LOL! I'm really hitting the hay this time. You have a great evening, WKG. I'll talk to you tomorrow!
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
Me too. Later!:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80459
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I have a big collection of cast iron skillets. So my cornbread especially is always made in one of them with the oil heated enough to sizzle when the batter hits it. I've even got my Grandma's huge cast iron chicken frying skillet with the cast iron lid too!! I'd not take ten thousand dollars for it.... Seriously, it's that special to me.
I have an entire collection of iron skillets of all sizes. After washing, I wipe them out with a mixture of salt and grease to keep them from rusting and from sticking when they are used next. Old folks used sand instead of salt. The huge one with a lid, I call it a "Dutch Oven". Why? Because that is what Granny called it. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80460
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had one flu shot in my life and I don't know what I was thinking. I don't plan on getting another one. It didn't make me sick or anything. I just do not trust vaccines! Shoot, look what they are doing to kids with all the vaccines - ADD-ADHD, Autism, etc. No thanks!
I was with him for about three days but I thank God I didn't get it!
I have gotten a flu shot every year for the past 20 years and a pneumonia shot every 5 years. I have never had either of those illnesses in my life. I don't know if those shots are doing me harm or any good, but they don't seem to be hurting.(knock on wood). I think much illness is attributed more so to life-style. All those conveniences like central heat and air blowing particles around does not seem good to me. I sleep with a window cracked for fresh air regardless of the temperatures.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,701 - 67,720 of81,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Le Jimbo 145,946
jon h 12 min unknown user 11
Barbourville online and Windstream 1 hr enternet thief 12
camel toes at work (Dec '10) 1 hr pussiefoot 64
Apple Head Chihuahua (Jun '13) 2 hr shelley hull 9
Ron Brock Busted 4 hr Wondering 16
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 5 hr someone 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••