Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Oak Park, IL

#80364 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
My theory is that if they truly want to make America a weapon restricted country, then perhaps out of safety concerns for our President, maybe the White House ought to be "gun free" for starters.... Ya think? Could be a day where some government official might go wacko in there too one day.... Just something to ponder on....
That sounds like a mighty fine idea to me! LOL

Oak Park, IL

#80365 Jan 1, 2013
I disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
when good people are armed, the bad people will think twice before going on a rampage. When good people are unarmed, the bad people have free reign to do as they please. Bad people don't obey gun laws. Do you believe in our second amendment rights or do you favor gun control/confiscation?
I agree totally.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#80366 Jan 1, 2013
I disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
when good people are armed, the bad people will think twice before going on a rampage. When good people are unarmed, the bad people have free reign to do as they please. Bad people don't obey gun laws. Do you believe in our second amendment rights or do you favor gun control/confiscation?
Disagree all you want to, I SAID it was JMO. So the new standard for teachers would be they be gunslingers? Please, what about all those who just want to teach. Our teachers shouldn't have to be the security of the school. The school should provide that. Whether it be hired security and/or metal detectors. I just think it would be a sad day in America when every child has a gun carrying teacher. I just believe there should be an alternative to arming teachers in the classroom.

YES, I do believe in the 2nd ammendment and don't think there will ever be a time that guns are taken from Americans. It just won't happen. I DO believe that there is no reason anyone should have assault weapons except for soldiers and law enforcement. I don't have a problem with that type of gun control. Or the 3 day waiting period to obtain a gun. People don't need assault weapons to hunt deer etc...AGAIN JMO. I will not be debating political gun scare tactics with you, so that is all I am saying on that subject.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80367 Jan 1, 2013
I agree with the concept, but the continuing problem will be the definition of who is good versus who is bad or who will remain good.

I have loaded guns that have only been fired in 3 years to see if they still operate properly, cleaned, then readied.
followers

Richmond, KY

#80368 Jan 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
but read onward to verse 23 when Christ says : "And they shall say unto you, See here; or see there; Go not after them or follow them.
He is referring to not following their evil ways. But when you are among 'degenerates' you should maintain the light of your Christ-like power within you to be an example to them rather than shun them. Shine your light upon them, don't run and hide from them. You don't have to follow them, they will follow you, then you will know what it means to create followers of Christ.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80369 Jan 1, 2013
I saw something on tv today that said "HAPPY NEW FEAR". I don't know if that was a mistake, someone just trying to be cute, or reality.
I agree

Richmond, KY

#80370 Jan 1, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree all you want to, I SAID it was JMO. So the new standard for teachers would be they be gunslingers? Please, what about all those who just want to teach. Our teachers shouldn't have to be the security of the school. The school should provide that. Whether it be hired security and/or metal detectors. I just think it would be a sad day in America when every child has a gun carrying teacher. I just believe there should be an alternative to arming teachers in the classroom.
YES, I do believe in the 2nd ammendment and don't think there will ever be a time that guns are taken from Americans. It just won't happen. I DO believe that there is no reason anyone should have assault weapons except for soldiers and law enforcement. I don't have a problem with that type of gun control. Or the 3 day waiting period to obtain a gun. People don't need assault weapons to hunt deer etc...AGAIN JMO. I will not be debating political gun scare tactics with you, so that is all I am saying on that subject.
teachers should not have to be security guards but until we can take guns away from the bad guys, the good guys need to be able to protect themselves. As for assault weapons, I think we should take them away from soldiers and law enforcement too, especially if the general population will be disarmed. In the utopian world or the Kingdom of God, no one should have weapons and maybe one day there won't be a need for them. But as long as some people have them (military and law enforcement) then everyone should be allowed to have them because how else are we supposed to protect ourselves from a government that goes rogue that seeks to impose a military police state?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80371 Jan 1, 2013
followers wrote:
<quoted text>
He is referring to not following their evil ways. But when you are among 'degenerates' you should maintain the light of your Christ-like power within you to be an example to them rather than shun them. Shine your light upon them, don't run and hide from them. You don't have to follow them, they will follow you, then you will know what it means to create followers of Christ.
You read, interpret, and believe whatever you wish; and I will do the same. I still fall back to the Scriptures that I have previously posted that says "Take Heed that no man deceive you".

Good Day to you, I have no intentions of continuing to argue with you every time I come to this thread. But I will NOT be avoiding the thread just because you are here.
I agree

Richmond, KY

#80372 Jan 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I agree with the concept, but the continuing problem will be the definition of who is good versus who is bad or who will remain good.
that the $64,000 question

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#80373 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
*Twilight ZONE marathon.
(I'm not a "Twilight" movie series junkie. Vampire teenagers ain't my thang)...
Not about vampires. It's a series (short stories) with weird endings. The Rod Serling Twilight Zone of the '60' and '70's were good. This is a "remake" of that old series, updated with stories to reflect more present time.

Lahore, Pakistan

#80374 Jan 1, 2013
What is Government doing ?
balance

Richmond, KY

#80375 Jan 1, 2013
our discussion of the second amendment applies to the world stage of nuclear armaments as well. The best example is what is happening in the Middle East right now. Israel has 200-400 nuclear warheads and is not a signatory to the NPT (non-proliferation treaty) and is not subject to IAEA
(International Atomic Energy Agency) inspections yet they clamor about Iran getting nuclear weapons even though Iran is in compliance with the IAEA and is asignatory to the NPT.
Israel wants to be the sole nuclear superpower of the Middle East so they can control the entire region. This is basically no different than a military police state but on an international level. So if Israel wants Iran to not have nuclear weapons then they too must disarm, otherwise it is only fair that Iran should have them also just to balance the power in the region. This is just like what happened between the US and Russia during the Cold War years. Since neither side wanted to disarm, then both sides became heavily armed and the possibility of mutually assured destruction (MAD) was the only deterrent to nuclear holocaust. Therefore the choice is simple, either everyone disarms to everyone gets equally armed, and either way the balance has to remain.

Location hidden

#80377 Jan 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have loaded guns that have only been fired in 3 years to see if they still operate properly, cleaned, then readied.
Same here

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#80378 Jan 1, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Not about vampires. It's a series (short stories) with weird endings. The Rod Serling Twilight Zone of the '60' and '70's were good. This is a "remake" of that old series, updated with stories to reflect more present time.
LOL! Must be a major misunderstanding here for some reason. Or maybe it's me? LOL!!

We watched the "Twilight ZONE" marathon last might on the SyFY Channel. I meant to also convey that I'm NOT into those Twilight movies about teenage werewolves and vampires that everyone has gone nuts over for the past few years....

I've seen probably every single one of the Twilight Zone shorts. I grew up during that time period. Rod Serling rocked back then. I think my favorite episode is the one where the Kanimid aliens visited planet Earth to "Serve Man" and the book that the Kanimid left behind, which is what made mankind realize what they were really here for, was to "Serve Man", literally. It was an alien cookbook on how to serve a human for a meal..
ROFLMBO!! I love those old black and whites....

Oak Park, IL

#80379 Jan 1, 2013
dubaieducation2013 wrote:
What is Government doing ?
Hi. Are you from Dubai?
arguing

Richmond, KY

#80380 Jan 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You read, interpret, and believe whatever you wish; and I will do the same. I still fall back to the Scriptures that I have previously posted that says "Take Heed that no man deceive you".
Good Day to you, I have no intentions of continuing to argue with you every time I come to this thread.
why did you feel I was arguing with you? You are being over-sensitive for no good reason, refer back to my previous post and point out how I was being argumentative. When a preacher is preaching to you, do you sometimes interpret that as being argumentative?

Oak Park, IL

#80381 Jan 1, 2013
balance wrote:
our discussion of the second amendment applies to the world stage of nuclear armaments as well. The best example is what is happening in the Middle East right now. Israel has 200-400 nuclear warheads and is not a signatory to the NPT (non-proliferation treaty) and is not subject to IAEA
(International Atomic Energy Agency) inspections yet they clamor about Iran getting nuclear weapons even though Iran is in compliance with the IAEA and is asignatory to the NPT.
Israel wants to be the sole nuclear superpower of the Middle East so they can control the entire region. This is basically no different than a military police state but on an international level. So if Israel wants Iran to not have nuclear weapons then they too must disarm, otherwise it is only fair that Iran should have them also just to balance the power in the region. This is just like what happened between the US and Russia during the Cold War years. Since neither side wanted to disarm, then both sides became heavily armed and the possibility of mutually assured destruction (MAD) was the only deterrent to nuclear holocaust. Therefore the choice is simple, either everyone disarms to everyone gets equally armed, and either way the balance has to remain.
So in other words, you would be perfectly fine with it if mass murderers were allowed to have guns as long as everyone else had guns also?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80382 Jan 1, 2013
Perhaps the word "arguing" was incorrect and should have said "debate". I ignore most preachers and read the Scriptures and make my own interpretations.

Location hidden

#80383 Jan 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to mention the numerous rats that scurry along at night coming up out of the subways, the storefront hookers, the open display of sexual material, the inability of a male to walk along (even with his wife) without being propositioned, or the hell holes of the world called "Grand Central Station" or 42nd street, and runaway children laying in the doorways. You bet I am Thankful to not have to go there to work anymore, including Philadelphia and Chicago which are not quite as degenerate, but close.
I didn't forget to mention those other things because, other than you, I did't expect anybody to believe that there are places like this that are that degenerate. Grand Central Station is the scariest place that I have been, and I only went with my now deceased aunt who was a typical New Yorker from the Bronx. You cannot look anyone in the eye in New York. To do so would be interpreted as a threat. If you looked directly at someone and smiled, it would be interpreted as an invitation for something very different than you intended. Boston, Ma. is a close second. People there sleep on benches in the park, covered with newspaper or cardboard. Never been to Chicago, but I'll take it from you that it is rough. Kentucky is the best kept secret there is. Shh.. we had better not tell anyone or our peaceful countryside hideaway will lost to invading city folk. LOL
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#80384 Jan 1, 2013
I seen the post on NY and recall my trip to Manhatton, went down 52nd st via the subway,,that was an experience. Came out to the 7 lanes of one way traffic in front of a Mcydee just in time unfortunatly to see some box bum crawl off his box and jump between two cars stopped at the light. He latched hold of the bumper of the lead car, squatted and blew about a quart of butt soup straight under the car behind him. Pulled up his nasty pants and limped back to his box. NY city is good for about a day and I'm done with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jason hughes 51 min Cuzzo 9
jessica napier 2 hr hmm 1
brandon bryson 2 hr old friend 4
food stamp office 3 hr Jdp889 15
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr _Zoey_ 3,608
teena Marie mills 5 hr Flatlick 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr dollarsbill 132,148
praying it's all a lie 12 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"