Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,382)

Showing posts 67,621 - 67,640 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Hempburn wrote:
May the new year unfold for you joy and peace and a coffee cup never empty.
Thanks Hemp. You too! I'm particularly fond of the coffee cup portion of your comment.
(I'm loving this new coffee pot of mine, hehe)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi AB. I'm glad your friends thought of you.:)
I think that if a teacher goes through the training to be qualified to carry a concealed weapon they should be able to carry in schools also. I do think that maybe they would need some EXTRA training and EXTRA screening considering they would be carrying around kids. I believe that in a lot of the cases fewer lives would have been lost had somebody been prepared to take the shooters out. Another thing, if a school (or other place) is a "gun free zone" that is just an open invitation for some nut to come in and murder helpless people. They don't need to know who else is carrying a gun or where they might run into them. That is just my opinion.
Those teachers in San Antonio were learning hand to hand combat, not how to shoot.
My theory is that if they truly want to make America a weapon restricted country, then perhaps out of safety concerns for our President, maybe the White House ought to be "gun free" for starters.... Ya think? Could be a day where some government official might go wacko in there too one day.... Just something to ponder on....
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi AB. I'm glad your friends thought of you.:)
I think that if a teacher goes through the training to be qualified to carry a concealed weapon they should be able to carry in schools also. I do think that maybe they would need some EXTRA training and EXTRA screening considering they would be carrying around kids. I believe that in a lot of the cases fewer lives would have been lost had somebody been prepared to take the shooters out. Another thing, if a school (or other place) is a "gun free zone" that is just an open invitation for some nut to come in and murder helpless people. They don't need to know who else is carrying a gun or where they might run into them. That is just my opinion.
Those teachers in San Antonio were learning hand to hand combat, not how to shoot.
I was too since they would not take NO for an answer. They were slightly toasted but had a DD. Bundled up and even took my blanket and really enjoyed it. Had my one glass of bubbly to toast the year in. Quite tasty. If I hadn't been on meds I might of had 2 or 3 glasses. lol

All that training would be good for them, but where would they keep them locked up, in their desk? The students shouldn't be subjected to armed teachers. I think there is a better way to confront the problem when you think of how many schools are out there. The threat could come from inside the school with the weapons available to them from their teachers. I don't think it would work. School security shouldn't lay on the teachers. Hire some, put in detectors, and let the teachers TEACH. JMO
Power

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very true but we do not have his POWER, so we are advised to "shun the very appearance of Evil".
Christ tried to be an example to show us we have the POWER in us to be like Him.
"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
Luke 17:21
I disagree

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Or created more!!!
when good people are armed, the bad people will think twice before going on a rampage. When good people are unarmed, the bad people have free reign to do as they please. Bad people don't obey gun laws. Do you believe in our second amendment rights or do you favor gun control/confiscation?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Power wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ tried to be an example to show us we have the POWER in us to be like Him.
"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
Luke 17:21
but read onward to verse 23 when Christ says : "And they shall say unto you, See here; or see there; Go not after them or follow them.

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Nope, I was in bed way before midnight. After we snacked on treats I'd made, it was hard to stay awake. The Twilight marathon was great though.
And it was apparently very quiet around the woods here too. Didn't even hear nary a peep out of those foolish yokels way down in the holler either, hehe!
If I HAD gone out and shot my new baby off, by the time the PoPo found their way out here, they'd have no clue where the noise might have come from, plus it's no illegal to shoot out where i am anyway. We're too far out in the boonies for them to even care, really. I love living way out here in the woods...
You all did well to go indoors. Some people don't have sense enough to evem OWN a gun, let alone know that shooting straight up into the sky causes ammo to fall somewhere. Be it someones head or their roof.
A few years back there was a woman who had her eye put out because a stray falling bullet hit her as she was watching fireworks. A man was also killed that same night in another city when a stray shot came down and got him in the head... I think ballistics showed where that shot came from but I don't recall if they were ever able to prosecute anyone for it or not. Proving WHO shot the weapon might have been an issue. I just don't remember right off hand.
When I go outside to shoot, I know where I can safely have fun without hurting anyone else. Got a few acres of nothing but woods and also know better than to ever shoot upward. What goes up, eventually has to come back down...
I doubt it but I hope those people were shooting into the ground instead of up. That is really dumb to shoot a high powered gun in the air. I remember seeing Sadam Housein and those nuts firing rifles in the air and wondering how many people were killed or injured! They seem to like to do that A LOT in the Middle East area. I've been hit by buckshot from a shot gun. It was pretty far away but it still stung a little bit - enough for me to get the heck out of the area pretty quick! lol It's legal for us to shoot here where I live too and plenty of it goes on!

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
My theory is that if they truly want to make America a weapon restricted country, then perhaps out of safety concerns for our President, maybe the White House ought to be "gun free" for starters.... Ya think? Could be a day where some government official might go wacko in there too one day.... Just something to ponder on....
That sounds like a mighty fine idea to me! LOL

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

I disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
when good people are armed, the bad people will think twice before going on a rampage. When good people are unarmed, the bad people have free reign to do as they please. Bad people don't obey gun laws. Do you believe in our second amendment rights or do you favor gun control/confiscation?
I agree totally.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

I disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree all you want to, I SAID it was JMO. So the new standard for teachers would be they be gunslingers? Please, what about all those who just want to teach. Our teachers shouldn't have to be the security of the school. The school should provide that. Whether it be hired security and/or metal detectors. I just think it would be a sad day in America when every child has a gun carrying teacher. I just believe there should be an alternative to arming teachers in the classroom.

YES, I do believe in the 2nd ammendment and don't think there will ever be a time that guns are taken from Americans. It just won't happen. I DO believe that there is no reason anyone should have assault weapons except for soldiers and law enforcement. I don't have a problem with that type of gun control. Or the 3 day waiting period to obtain a gun. People don't need assault weapons to hunt deer etc...AGAIN JMO. I will not be debating political gun scare tactics with you, so that is all I am saying on that subject.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

I agree with the concept, but the continuing problem will be the definition of who is good versus who is bad or who will remain good.

I have loaded guns that have only been fired in 3 years to see if they still operate properly, cleaned, then readied.
followers

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
but read onward to verse 23 when Christ says : "And they shall say unto you, See here; or see there; Go not after them or follow them.
He is referring to not following their evil ways. But when you are among 'degenerates' you should maintain the light of your Christ-like power within you to be an example to them rather than shun them. Shine your light upon them, don't run and hide from them. You don't have to follow them, they will follow you, then you will know what it means to create followers of Christ.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

I saw something on tv today that said "HAPPY NEW FEAR". I don't know if that was a mistake, someone just trying to be cute, or reality.
I agree

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree all you want to, I SAID it was JMO. So the new standard for teachers would be they be gunslingers? Please, what about all those who just want to teach. Our teachers shouldn't have to be the security of the school. The school should provide that. Whether it be hired security and/or metal detectors. I just think it would be a sad day in America when every child has a gun carrying teacher. I just believe there should be an alternative to arming teachers in the classroom.
YES, I do believe in the 2nd ammendment and don't think there will ever be a time that guns are taken from Americans. It just won't happen. I DO believe that there is no reason anyone should have assault weapons except for soldiers and law enforcement. I don't have a problem with that type of gun control. Or the 3 day waiting period to obtain a gun. People don't need assault weapons to hunt deer etc...AGAIN JMO. I will not be debating political gun scare tactics with you, so that is all I am saying on that subject.
teachers should not have to be security guards but until we can take guns away from the bad guys, the good guys need to be able to protect themselves. As for assault weapons, I think we should take them away from soldiers and law enforcement too, especially if the general population will be disarmed. In the utopian world or the Kingdom of God, no one should have weapons and maybe one day there won't be a need for them. But as long as some people have them (military and law enforcement) then everyone should be allowed to have them because how else are we supposed to protect ourselves from a government that goes rogue that seeks to impose a military police state?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

followers wrote:
<quoted text>
He is referring to not following their evil ways. But when you are among 'degenerates' you should maintain the light of your Christ-like power within you to be an example to them rather than shun them. Shine your light upon them, don't run and hide from them. You don't have to follow them, they will follow you, then you will know what it means to create followers of Christ.
You read, interpret, and believe whatever you wish; and I will do the same. I still fall back to the Scriptures that I have previously posted that says "Take Heed that no man deceive you".

Good Day to you, I have no intentions of continuing to argue with you every time I come to this thread. But I will NOT be avoiding the thread just because you are here.
I agree

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I agree with the concept, but the continuing problem will be the definition of who is good versus who is bad or who will remain good.
that the $64,000 question

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
*Twilight ZONE marathon.
(I'm not a "Twilight" movie series junkie. Vampire teenagers ain't my thang)...
Not about vampires. It's a series (short stories) with weird endings. The Rod Serling Twilight Zone of the '60' and '70's were good. This is a "remake" of that old series, updated with stories to reflect more present time.

Lahore, Pakistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

What is Government doing ?
balance

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

our discussion of the second amendment applies to the world stage of nuclear armaments as well. The best example is what is happening in the Middle East right now. Israel has 200-400 nuclear warheads and is not a signatory to the NPT (non-proliferation treaty) and is not subject to IAEA
(International Atomic Energy Agency) inspections yet they clamor about Iran getting nuclear weapons even though Iran is in compliance with the IAEA and is asignatory to the NPT.
Israel wants to be the sole nuclear superpower of the Middle East so they can control the entire region. This is basically no different than a military police state but on an international level. So if Israel wants Iran to not have nuclear weapons then they too must disarm, otherwise it is only fair that Iran should have them also just to balance the power in the region. This is just like what happened between the US and Russia during the Cold War years. Since neither side wanted to disarm, then both sides became heavily armed and the possibility of mutually assured destruction (MAD) was the only deterrent to nuclear holocaust. Therefore the choice is simple, either everyone disarms to everyone gets equally armed, and either way the balance has to remain.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have loaded guns that have only been fired in 3 years to see if they still operate properly, cleaned, then readied.
Same here

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,621 - 67,640 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Becky Abner and Richard Hicks 6 min funny 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min Mike Duquette 128,026
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 44 min DITCH MITCH 144,957
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 46 min BIG_STEVIE 16,110
verna warren 2 hr would like to know 3
KC Basketball Coach 3 hr KC Fan 66
verna warren 3 hr would like to know 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 17 hr Butt head 383
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs