Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,681

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Richard

London, KY

#80322 Dec 31, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Hmm, it's raining. Is it warm enough to rain?
It is snowing here, starting to cover the hood and top of my truck.
Richard

London, KY

#80323 Dec 31, 2012
Oglala wrote:
Good night,everyone, and Happy and Prosperous New Year. Una and Impostor: I hope that you continue to contribute to the conversation without reverting to negative comments. You have much to offer. When you let your guard down a little bit, you show a lot of insight and reasoning power. Anyway, good-night to all, and I'll be back tomorrow, God Willing.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Richard

London, KY

#80324 Dec 31, 2012
LOL
Richard

London, KY

#80325 Dec 31, 2012
so true wrote:
Happy New Year to all of ya.. I may have to put on my long john's before I fire off the old shotgun tonight.. bur it is cold. I hope the next year brings all of you peace, joy and love.. I have had it tom , I am eating the whole bowl of cabbage, I am so tired of everybody else finding the dime, and getting all the good luck thru the year... Blessing to you all...
Same to you.
Richard

London, KY

#80326 Dec 31, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
I always liked that old idiomatic expression. Happy new year.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#80327 Dec 31, 2012
Don't think we're gonna make it till midnight at our house tonight.... Tried so hard to stay awake, haha. Made a small tray of cheese, deli meat, fresh veggies, dip, crackers and some fruit pastries for tonight, etc. Then we sat down and started watching the Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel, but it's about knocked us out over here. Got my belly full and now have caught myself nodding out twice in the last hour, so I'm headed to bed.
:)

Walked over to shut the PC down and thought I'd stop to wish everyone out there a very happy New Year. Hope you are having fun out there, wherever you may be tonight.

Stay safe and drive with caution, any of you who are out on the town. If you're drinking, please make sure you have a designated driver if you need to get home tonight. And watch for other impaired drivers on the roads too. I don't want to read any bad news tomorrow..

God bless you all!!
Okay, chat with you all next year!!

_-_The Nopes_-_

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#80329 Dec 31, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>It is snowing here, starting to cover the hood and top of my truck.
Oh well I don't want none of that!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80330 Dec 31, 2012
rain on my metal roof woke me with 30 minutes to go in this year. I was dreaming of going to the beach LOL POOH it is only rain and not the ocean
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80331 Dec 31, 2012
counting down. 8 more minutes to put 2012 calendar in my stove LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80332 Dec 31, 2012
HAPPY 2013 EVERYONE
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#80333 Dec 31, 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

#80334 Dec 31, 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

#80335 Dec 31, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
rain on my metal roof woke me with 30 minutes to go in this year. I was dreaming of going to the beach LOL POOH it is only rain and not the ocean
Bummer, huh AW?:) I hope you have a severely blessed 2013!
BAD NEWS

Garland, TX

#80336 Jan 1, 2013
Massive bird die off happening now.
strange

Pikeville, KY

#80337 Jan 1, 2013
weird stuff
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#80338 Jan 1, 2013
May the new year unfold for you joy and peace and a coffee cup never empty.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#80339 Jan 1, 2013
Happy 2013

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#80340 Jan 1, 2013
The last of 2012 must have tired everyone out, including me. The rain woke me up as well, but I missed the New Year's ball dropping in Times Square. Has anybody ever been up there? Times Square looks so beautiful on New Year's Eve, with everybody partying in cool clothes, and being friendly toward each other. The city lights make a beautiful backdrop while welcoming in the new year.

Now for the REAL Times Square: People move along quickly, and carefully avoid eye-contact with anyone. Homeless people in tattered clothes sit on sidewalks,
begging for change. Some of them are just "acting" and get quite a loot by the end of the day.
They are back at it the very next day, until policemen ask them to move on. The truly needy refuse offers to go to the shelters. The odor is rank from unwashed bodies and human waste. There is an occasional "lady of the night" advertising her services. Right down the street is Radio City Music Hall and the Waldorf, where well-dressed people go for entertainment. The "slum" and upscale New York exist side by side.
I am grateful for living in Kentucky, the absolute antithesis of city life. I haven't been back to the city since I moved here, and I certainly don't miss it. Happy New Year, folks. Be thankful for the beauty and solitude of country life.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80342 Jan 1, 2013
Oglala wrote:
The last of 2012 must have tired everyone out, including me. The rain woke me up as well, but I missed the New Year's ball dropping in Times Square. Has anybody ever been up there? Times Square looks so beautiful on New Year's Eve, with everybody partying in cool clothes, and being friendly toward each other. The city lights make a beautiful backdrop while welcoming in the new year.
Now for the REAL Times Square: People move along quickly, and carefully avoid eye-contact with anyone. Homeless people in tattered clothes sit on sidewalks,
begging for change. Some of them are just "acting" and get quite a loot by the end of the day.
They are back at it the very next day, until policemen ask them to move on. The truly needy refuse offers to go to the shelters. The odor is rank from unwashed bodies and human waste. There is an occasional "lady of the night" advertising her services. Right down the street is Radio City Music Hall and the Waldorf, where well-dressed people go for entertainment. The "slum" and upscale New York exist side by side.
I am grateful for living in Kentucky, the absolute antithesis of city life. I haven't been back to the city since I moved here, and I certainly don't miss it. Happy New Year, folks. Be thankful for the beauty and solitude of country life.
You failed to mention the numerous rats that scurry along at night coming up out of the subways, the storefront hookers, the open display of sexual material, the inability of a male to walk along (even with his wife) without being propositioned, or the hell holes of the world called "Grand Central Station" or 42nd street, and runaway children laying in the doorways. You bet I am Thankful to not have to go there to work anymore, including Philadelphia and Chicago which are not quite as degenerate, but close.
Big apple

Richmond, KY

#80343 Jan 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to mention the numerous rats that scurry along at night coming up out of the subways, the storefront hookers, the open display of sexual material, the inability of a male to walk along (even with his wife) without being propositioned, or the hell holes of the world called "Grand Central Station" or 42nd street, and runaway children laying in the doorways. You bet I am Thankful to not have to go there to work anymore, including Philadelphia and Chicago which are not quite as degenerate, but close.
it's those danged bad apples again...what do you think we should do with them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will win for Knox County Jailer 2014 4 min Important 39
Mike Warren embezzled money? 18 min Genius left behind 17
If McGhee is this dirty in Campaign, Imagine on... 19 min voter 20
big buck in carter hollow 45 min gator 5
Teresa Gray 53 min Lisa 2
Indictments 1 hr simple fact 72
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 131,396
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 8 hr Door knob 72
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate Tue Stupid as Hell 26
Barbourville Dating