Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80139 Dec 30, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
So, who got snow??
What little I had is gone and I am about to be LOL
Fat

Richmond, KY

#80140 Dec 30, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't go for none of that crap. I work it off. I love my sugar, Cokes, Sweet Tea etc...I would drink water before I would drink a diet soda or unsweet tea. Same with the butter. If I get fat, oh well. hahaha More to love. lol Luckily, we are a slim bunch in my family. My Mom was tall and thin like the day she married my Dad at 16 when she passed and she was a full time Army wife and mother. The perfect Mrs. Cleaver. We had Southern Home Cooked meals most our lives. Lucky us.:)
Fat (even animal fat) is your friend, sugar and carbs is your enemy. We need fat in our diet (the essential fatty acids, omega 3, 6, and 9) for optimal health. We need protein in our diet to supply all the essential amino acids. Notice there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate because our body can actually manufacture glucose from fat and protein if need be. It is excess sugar and carbohydrates that get converted to fat by our liver and gets deposited in our tissues, and dietary fat is mostly used as a metabolic fuel and becomes incorporated into cell membranes and does not really make us fat unless eaten in tremendous excess and even then the effect is minimal as compared to eating sugar and carbs. My diet consist of eating lots of fat (bacon, eggs, pork, steak, butter, nuts, avocadoes, coconuts, etc) yet I am not overweight and my cholesterol and triglyderide levels are normal.
Here is a good article that talks about this:
http://lewrockwell.com/mercola/mercola177.htm...
bad apples

Richmond, KY

#80141 Dec 30, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I simply do not believe in attaching negative labels to any particular groups including Jews, Arabs, Orientals, Germans, Russians, Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Cowboys, or Native Americans. We are all GOD"S children including any that I might have missed. We may even know GOD by some different name.
then how do you justify your previous comment on 'bad apples'?
Just who exactly were those bad apples you were referring to? Is it possible that there are particular groups of people who are a 'bad bunch of apples'?
Maniac Moon Rising

Richmond, KY

#80142 Dec 30, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
So, who got snow??
why does that matter so much to you?
Fat

Richmond, KY

#80144 Dec 30, 2012
one more caveat is that you must eat the good fats (butter, fish oil) and not the bad fats (margarine, trans and hydrogenated oils, fake man made fats) and you need to know the difference.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#80147 Dec 30, 2012
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be many people saved during the tribulation period (after the believers have already been raptured). That is what I meant by "second time around".
There will be no rapture. All living at that time will face the tribulation. Jesus will not take his church out of this world until the last and final day. Without the Church the Gospel cannot go out. Without the gospel there is no salvation to be had. Accepting Christ is an unacceptable term. An unsaved person has to be accepted by Christ, through the Holy Spirit convicting their heart, through hearing and heeding to the Gospel. That conviction leads to a broken heart and a contrite spirit. That broken spirit can only be redeemed by prayer with all one's heart and repentance to God. Salvation is peace, through his grace and each individuals faith in him.

Repeating a prayer after some preacher, don't get the job done or saying I change my ways and accept Christ. No one can tell another person when they are saved. There is no use in making a goody box. It will be of no use.

Jesus is not coming back to set up a literal kingdom here. He set up his church when he was here and all the redeemed will be with him in his Glory. Jesus himself plainly told Pontius Pilate, my kingdom is not of this world, if it were my servants would have fought for me.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#80148 Dec 30, 2012
Maniac Moon Rising wrote:
<quoted text>
why does that matter so much to you?
Ignore my question then, duh.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#80149 Dec 30, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
What little I had is gone and I am about to be LOL
We didn't get any. I did have to drive in the sleet last night, but it didn't stick, thank goodness.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#80150 Dec 30, 2012
Fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Fat (even animal fat) is your friend, sugar and carbs is your enemy. We need fat in our diet (the essential fatty acids, omega 3, 6, and 9) for optimal health. We need protein in our diet to supply all the essential amino acids. Notice there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate because our body can actually manufacture glucose from fat and protein if need be. It is excess sugar and carbohydrates that get converted to fat by our liver and gets deposited in our tissues, and dietary fat is mostly used as a metabolic fuel and becomes incorporated into cell membranes and does not really make us fat unless eaten in tremendous excess and even then the effect is minimal as compared to eating sugar and carbs. My diet consist of eating lots of fat (bacon, eggs, pork, steak, butter, nuts, avocadoes, coconuts, etc) yet I am not overweight and my cholesterol and triglyderide levels are normal.
Here is a good article that talks about this:
http://lewrockwell.com/mercola/mercola177.htm...
Your diet sounds similiar to mine. lol I don't think I could give any of it up. So far mine is normal too and I am not overweight. I am hoping to keep it that way. I eat all the sweets in moderation. I love my dark chocolate and it is good for you. haha Thanks. It is a good article and I am saving it to share with some family and friends. I remember you and OJG talking about most of it, especially the Omega 3.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80152 Dec 30, 2012
bad apples wrote:
<quoted text>
then how do you justify your previous comment on 'bad apples'?
Just who exactly were those bad apples you were referring to? Is it possible that there are particular groups of people who are a 'bad bunch of apples'?
I did not reference "bad apples", only a singular apple. Each individual should be held accountable for their own action(s) and we should not negatively label an entire group. You don't toss out the entire barrel because of one bad apple or even 2 or more.

In respect to your search for truth, if truth propigates hatred for a particular sect or group and not focused on seeking individual justice, you bet I will ignore it.

I don't even label ALL lawyers and politicians and with that, Good Night.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80153 Dec 30, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>We didn't get any. I did have to drive in the sleet last night, but it didn't stick, thank goodness.
It was about the same here in Central Kentucky, but my son that is just over the river in Indiana was not able to visit today, maybe tomorrow. Have a good night.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80156 Dec 30, 2012
labeling the censor as "NAZI" is mean, in itself. I had not gone yet, was just closing down things LOL

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#80157 Dec 30, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It was about the same here in Central Kentucky, but my son that is just over the river in Indiana was not able to visit today, maybe tomorrow. Have a good night.
Hope he gets to visit you soon. Have a good night.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#80158 Dec 30, 2012
AW, Hope your son gets to see you tomorrow. What little we had is gone. Just frigid out. But across the river....hadn't heard.

I am off to go soak in a hot tub of bubbles and relax. Might come back later and see what's going on if I am not cimbing right into my Downy fresh cool sheets to fall off in laalaa land. lol

Have a good night everyone.
apples

Richmond, KY

#80160 Dec 30, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not reference "bad apples", only a singular apple. Each individual should be held accountable for their own action(s) and we should not negatively label an entire group. You don't toss out the entire barrel because of one bad apple or even 2 or more.
In respect to your search for truth, if truth propigates hatred for a particular sect or group and not focused on seeking individual justice, you bet I will ignore it.
I don't even label ALL lawyers and politicians and with that, Good Night.
particular groups call attention to the bad apples among them and it won't be hard to single them out. You think the KKK have any 'good apples' among them? It would probably be more difficult to identify the good apples than the bad apples in this case.
IZAN

Richmond, KY

#80164 Dec 30, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
labeling the censor as "NAZI" is mean, in itself. I had not gone yet, was just closing down things LOL
censoring dissent is worse, especially when the dissent is an honest and truthful comment. This is what the first amendment is supposed to protect.
Imposter

Richmond, KY

#80165 Dec 30, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
AW, Hope your son gets to see you tomorrow. What little we had is gone. Just frigid out. But across the river....hadn't heard.
I am off to go soak in a hot tub of bubbles and relax. Might come back later and see what's going on if I am not cimbing right into my Downy fresh cool sheets to fall off in laalaa land. lol
Have a good night everyone.
enjoy 8 ]

Since: Dec 12

Esmond, IL

#80166 Dec 30, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
So, who got snow??
Hi RI. We had a fine snow that came down pretty hard yesterday but didn't stick. Today no snow but COLD!(I was outside a couple hours today and yep, COLD!) I heard our weathman just say that it's possible that our weather pattern will stay close to this for the winter. Oh yaaa!:(

Esmond, IL

#80167 Dec 30, 2012
Well we definitely have a different understanding of the bible. No doubt there are those who see a pre-tribulation rapture, a mid-tribulation rapture, no rapture and all inbetween. I understand a pre-tribulation rapture from reading the bible.
As far as "accepting Christ," the Holy Spirit is the one who does the convicting of the heart showing the person their need for the Savior Jesus Christ. Once the Holy Spirit shows the person this need by conviction within the heart, it is up to the individual person to ACCEPT what Jesus did in paying their sin debt or not. The bible states that it is God's will that all be saved but it is up to the individual to ACCEPT Christ or REFUSE Christ.
The only thing necessary for a person to be saved is the working of the Holy Spirit within the heart or Jesus Christ Himself to show up and tell the person the truth. I personally know of cases of people being saved where there is no church present and no Gospel going out. It is happening every single day in hard-line closed countries. Jesus is appearing to people in spirit form and spreading the Gospel Himself. That is also how people will be saved after all believers are raptured; by the Holy Spirit and by Jesus Christ Himself. People are not needed but of course once some are born again they will also spread the Gospel - such as the 144,000.
The bible also tells of the 1,000 year reign of Christ on the earth, beginning after the 7 year tribulation period.
As far as my "goodie box(es)," IF not a one of them is found and used - I did not lose one single thing in leaving it behind. IF one "goodie box" is found - one person and possibly many more will have the chance to know what is going on and what to do about it. That's good enough for me.

Esmond, IL

#80169 Dec 30, 2012
That was to Una. :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 45 min ChromiuMan 131,884
Need food badly 1 hr Need food badly 51
poachers on davis bend (Nov '10) 1 hr Yes 18
Court Dockets 2 hr Jackie 3
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 2 hr Get a life 8
Barbourville Independent 2 hr Awful 3
county line 229 burglar 2 hr thief buster 2
Porsche mills 16 hr Well.... 24
To the Garland family Thu Well.... 3
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search