Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
67,401 - 67,420 of 81,570 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Dec 12

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

I agree about ignoring the verbal attacks - as hard as that is to do sometimes. It is plain to see that some people have SERIOUS PROBLEMS. Just like a bully on a playground, as long as they have somebody to giggle and cheer them on they feel so big and bad. But for real, they must feel really bad about their self. Can you imagine how they were raised-drama, drama, drama!?! I'd say they have had a pretty sorry life. I feel sorry for them but not so sorry that I am willing to be their victim. I never expected the nice-ness to last.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Good morning bird threaders. Hope everyone is staying warm and cozy on this cold, 24 degree crisp morning. At least the sun is all bright.
The half onion did no good. I still feel the same as I did yesterday. About out of medicine and will probably have to go back tomorrow for stronger meds. I think this time I will tell HIM what to prescribe for me that works so I don't have to go back again and keep spending money.
Sure are some deep post digging holes on the last few pages and I guess I know why. He just don't want to be nice anymore, does he? I really liked the new improved for the short time we seen it. Sad.
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Hi,Abeliever. I know what you mean about spending money on doctors and medicine. Thank goodness that I had insurance for meds. When I was sick, the antibiotics were not working, so I had to get some kind of exotic antibiotic combination. It cost $1600.00 per week and I needed 2 weeks I.V. I had to pay $827.OO and the insurance paid the rest.

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I'm not concerned about the "end days". I'm right with God. Took me a while to 'get there', sad to admit. I was raised to know better. But I guess it's fine as long as you've made sure that you've 'gotten right' with Him before it's personally too late, huh?
What does concern me though is the period of time leading up to those 'end days'. Hence, the prepping I do to put food and those other needed supplies back should my family need them.. God will come as promised. But we don't know how bad things are going to get until He decides to make his return... And that's what most 'preppers' are getting ready for so we make the best of it. If we don't need those items and He comes sooner than later, well, nothing lost in that case. Surely a few 'left behind sinners' will find a way to steal it once we are taken up to be with Him. We surely won't need it in Heaven..
<3
I agree and I also think about any loved ones that I have that might not be ready the first time around. HOPEFULLY they will accept Christ during the tribulation and they will have what I leave behind. They will need it!

Something I also plan to leave behind in various places is INFORMATION about what has happened and what they should do (accept Jesus Christ asap). It is sort of a "left behind information kit" with teachings and plenty of bibles.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Just skip over it and go on... The 'sniffer bot' obviously stays on top of it. Nothing seems to be finding it's way past their zappers anyway, so it's a waste of time to reply even when one of the spam comments gets hung for a few extra seconds before it's vaporized..
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

West KY Girl wrote:
Good morning everybody!
Yep QWERTY, it is cold!
I'm looking forward to spring already!
Hello WKG, the sun is very deceiving out there, but I love it from my window. I too, am ready for spring. Can't come soon enough for me. We are lucky we didn't get what everyone else did. We'd still be digging out. hahaha Well, some people would, I'd be watching them on TV.

Stay warm.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>It cost $1600.00 per week and I needed 2 weeks I.V. I had to pay $827.OO and the insurance paid the rest.
Oh my gosh. I'll never complain about any of my co-pays again. Whew. That would put a deep dent in our savings account here, seriously.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

I don't believe that one should comletely ignore an on-coming train but should just move over and wave as it goes on to derail itself.
Long donkey DONG

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Just skip over it and go on... The 'sniffer bot' obviously stays on top of it. Nothing seems to be finding it's way past their zappers anyway, so it's a waste of time to reply even when one of the spam comments gets hung for a few extra seconds before it's vaporized..
Obey her orders...she is in complete control. To defy her is to have ALL of your comments removed.
She would have made right a fine and proper Nazi.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and I also think about any loved ones that I have that might not be ready the first time around. HOPEFULLY they will accept Christ during the tribulation and they will have what I leave behind. They will need it!
Something I also plan to leave behind in various places is INFORMATION about what has happened and what they should do (accept Jesus Christ asap). It is sort of a "left behind information kit" with teachings and plenty of bibles.
Whoa. That's something I never considered doing. Thanks! I'll work on that one too! Wonderful idea!!

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
lol true
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

IS WAVING

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello WKG, the sun is very deceiving out there, but I love it from my window. I too, am ready for spring. Can't come soon enough for me. We are lucky we didn't get what everyone else did. We'd still be digging out. hahaha Well, some people would, I'd be watching them on TV.
Stay warm.
Not having much sun here.:( But you are so right, glad we didn't get what a lot of people got! I'm ready for some grass and leaves!:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't believe that one should comletely ignore an on-coming train but should just move over and wave as it goes on to derail itself.
Words of wisdom from our dear AW again. And great advice!

Actually that on-coming train apparently made a wrong turn and it's highly likely that it'll be completely derailed very soon at some point.. During a particularly bad spam storm, it's just been brought to my attention that this very train to nowhere hit a rusty railing on the IP tracks and the conductor inserted some very telling information as to his "log books and arrival" details...

This goes to show you that when you've been working at an insanely feverish pace for too long of a time, you need to be doubly careful about the quality of work you put forth.....

Funny that....

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa. That's something I never considered doing. Thanks! I'll work on that one too! Wonderful idea!!
I don't have it but Jogn Hagee has a complete series on Revelation that is good. The only thing is, it is possible that during that time that electricity will be a thing of the past. That could be especially true for new believers who will be hiding out and running for their very lives. So I guess books would be best.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Abeliever wrote:
@ Hempburn...
"Pass The Butter ... Please.
This is interesting ....
Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back.
It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow colouring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavourings....
DO YOU KNOW.. The difference between margarine and butter?
Read on to the end...gets very interesting!
Both have the same amount of calories.
Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams; compared to 5 grams for margarine.
Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.
Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.
Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few and only because they are added!
Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavours of other foods.
Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years .
And now, for Margarine..
Very High in Trans fatty acids.
Triples risk of coronary heart disease ...
Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol,(the good cholesterol)
Increases the risk of cancers up to five times..
Lowers quality of breast milk
Decreases immune response.
Decreases insulin response.
And here's the most disturbing fact... HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!
Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC... and shares 27 ingredients with PAINT.
These facts alone were enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).
Open a tub of margarine and leave it open in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will notice a couple of things:
* no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)
* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value ; nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow.
Why? Because it is nearly plastic . Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?
Share This With Your Friends.....(If you want to butter them up')!
Chinese Proverb:
When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.
Pass the BUTTER PLEASE"
I won't even cook with margarine. Pass me the Land of Lakes and keep the plastic. hahaha
AB, that's WHY I make butter! lol.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi,Abeliever. I know what you mean about spending money on doctors and medicine. Thank goodness that I had insurance for meds. When I was sick, the antibiotics were not working, so I had to get some kind of exotic antibiotic combination. It cost $1600.00 per week and I needed 2 weeks I.V. I had to pay $827.OO and the insurance paid the rest.
I am so blessed to have always had excellent medical care as an Army brat and under my federal insurance which I still enjoy as a retiree. I wish everyone was. Something needs to be done about the high cost of health care. It is more about the $$$$$$$$$$ than anything. Really sad.

My Z Pac retailed at $71.46, I paid $4.03, Fluticasone nose spray was $122.88, I paid $0.00, small bottle of codiene syrup not covered cost me $9.99 and none it has done zilch. Medical health care is a business, not a service. Pretty sad. You have to have money to stay well, with or without insurance.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

My dear Uncle used to have a saying about speeders that got upset over his old slow moving 1952 Chevy : "Go on Buddy, Hell ain't half full yet" LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing is, it is possible that during that time that electricity will be a thing of the past.
That's why we also have an array of solar powered and/or wind up radios, lanterns, etc, here. They've come in hand a few times already during times of power outages. I prefer the solar powered, they tend to hold a charge longer. But some of the windups we have are dual powered, solar and hand cranked.

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
hehehe
One time when I was in about 4th grade there was this big ol' boy at school who was giving me a hard time. It came across as bullying even though he probably had a crush on me. One day he was chasing me and I ran as long and as hard as I could then I just stopped, prepared to kick butt or probably get my butt kicked. Well he came barreling along and accidentally tripped over my foot and he went rolling! He got up and looked at me like "holy crap!!!" I suppose I had a "huh?" look on my face. He ran off and never bothered me again. He didn't know that his tumble was an accident. God is good! LOL
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@UNA... I just saw where Hitler suffered from extreme flatulence which was an embarrassment to him in trying to be the leader and project Health and Youth of the Master Race.
He took so many medications and injections for it that he eventually came down with Parkinson's Disease and many other ailments including mental incapacity. He was so drugged that he even slept through D-DAY.
So you are doing the right thing to just "LET'ER RIP" hahahaha
Hitler was a hypochondriac, some of his daily meds included; cocaine, injected amphetamines, glucose, testosterone, estradiol, and corticosteroids. In addition, he was given a preparation made from a gun cleaner, a compound of strychnine and atropine, an extract of seminal vesicles, and numerous vitamins and 'tonics'. It seems possible that some of Hitler's behaviour, illnesses and suffering can be attributed to his medical care. The strychnine was to help his extreme flatulence. His breath was reported to be absolutly aweful,,, master race member, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

87 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min scirocco 146,212
Stivers Center fixes 8 min BIG BUG PODGE 34
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min ChromiuMan 128,628
Any couples into SCAT??? 59 min Jason lake 9
Ky Biscuit Company 1 hr neighbor 23
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 3,788
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 1 hr Observer 38
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••