Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,777

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Mumma

Crestwood, KY

#79901 Dec 30, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
dog is back, so I am out of here too. Good Night John Boy.
thanks for the laugh :)
Mumma

Crestwood, KY

#79902 Dec 30, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It is dark out right now and we can't see them. Come back at daylight.
oops this one! lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#79903 Dec 30, 2012
Good Morning Mumma. I have a few birds outside my window trying to find some old grass seeds I threw out. I hope you have a pleasant day.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#79904 Dec 30, 2012
I can't afford the expensive birdseed, but I have about 25 pounds of old grass seed that a local farmer claimed would not grow, plus I bought a 50 pound bag of Layena chicken crumbles that I scatter about. That 75 pounds will last the birds most all winter.

Since: Dec 12

Mchenry, IL

#79905 Dec 30, 2012
Good morning AW and Mumma. How are things in your neck of the woods?:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#79906 Dec 30, 2012
West KY Girl wrote:
Good morning AW and Mumma. How are things in your neck of the woods?:)
Everything is fine here, just cold. But that makes us more appreciative when it is better. Dog, chickens, birds, and I all had plenty to eat and I am looking out the window to see if I can see my deer. The best part of this day is that the CREATOR let me wake up one more time. I hope your day is nice.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#79907 Dec 30, 2012
Still cold. Wish it was warmer.

Since: Dec 12

Esmond, IL

#79909 Dec 30, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything is fine here, just cold. But that makes us more appreciative when it is better. Dog, chickens, birds, and I all had plenty to eat and I am looking out the window to see if I can see my deer. The best part of this day is that the CREATOR let me wake up one more time. I hope your day is nice.
Sounds like you are on the ball this morning.:) I agree about the cold, I'm still wrapped up! Yeah these cold days make spring that much better. I love it when everything greens up and the birds get busy building their nests. I guess that's my favorite time of year. Thank you and I hope you have a nice day too.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#79912 Dec 30, 2012
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
We will have to talk about butter making this spring! I always wanted to try and just have not started yet. If we lived closer I could legally "give" you goats milk.=)
Here is a very easy way to make about two pounds of butter in less than five minutes., buy half and half, pour it in a food processor. Add one table spoon salt if you want it salted. Blend.

After about two minutes it will begin to clump so watch it like a hawk. The liquid will about be gone, then it will begin to spin off a whitish liquid,, that is butter milk,, yes you can make biscuits with it. When the butter milk production seems to end you are done.

Scoop out the butter. If you wish you can squeeze out a bit more liquid between paper towels. Slap it in a bowl and serve.
When it is butter you can add other tasty additions like garlic or honey for honey butter... it will keep in the frige as long as any other butter. Rewind. half & half, blender about three minutes, plate.
qwerty

Carrollton, OH

#79913 Dec 30, 2012
Cold aint it?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#79914 Dec 30, 2012
Good morning bird threaders. Hope everyone is staying warm and cozy on this cold, 24 degree crisp morning. At least the sun is all bright.

The half onion did no good. I still feel the same as I did yesterday. About out of medicine and will probably have to go back tomorrow for stronger meds. I think this time I will tell HIM what to prescribe for me that works so I don't have to go back again and keep spending money.

Sure are some deep post digging holes on the last few pages and I guess I know why. He just don't want to be nice anymore, does he? I really liked the new improved for the short time we seen it. Sad.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#79916 Dec 30, 2012
Mumma wrote:
NOTHING about the birds here !!!
Here you go....something about BIRDS!

92 shorebirds killed by vehicle on Washington state beach, authorities say

Seabirds and shorebirds are protected by law. Wildlife officers have shown that a vehicle must be traveling much faster than the posted 25-mph speed limit on the beach in order to hit these types of birds, KING said.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/29/16...

I hope they find that cruel driver and throw the book at him. That is just wrong.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#79918 Dec 30, 2012
Mumma wrote:
<quoted text>
still nothing about the birds here !
Here's another one that is funny after the sad one I posted on the idiot driver. This is priceless. Enjoy

Brave squirrel challenges eagle

A crazy squirrel taunts a bald eagle at the top of a cottonwood tree in Decorah, Iowa.

Looks like that Bald Eagle wasn't going to waste any of his time on that little squirrel!
http://www.jokeroo.com/videos/animal/brave-sq...

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#79937 Dec 30, 2012
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
LOL By the time I have caught up everyone went to bed!
Great to see "Nope" posting!
I picked a good night to come home for a visit. Lots of good posts to read. I may stop in again tomorrow.
I am off to bed myself.
John Boy: Good night Elizabeth.
Thank you OJG. Nice to see you back too! I've been taking short sabbaticals from Topix due to health reasons. I'm feeling pretty good now thanks to the shear brilliance of my doctors, even though I still get tuckered out kind of fast some days. I am anxiously waiting for Spring to get here so I can be more active and get my stamina back up to par. It's going to be a great new year now that I realize WHY I was feeling so terrible every day... Little adjustments made here and there should make it possible to be 'normal' again. Well, as 'normal' as my age and other assorted ailments will allow me to be anyway, LOL!

You all have me severely craving some home churned butter on a couple of big fat homemade biscuits now. When I was small, my Grandparents used to get theirs from a local farmer down in Monticello. Of course, I've still never been able to find anything to compare to that butter. Suppose it depends on what the cow grazed on and all. Wouldn't a cows butterfat depend on it's feed for the rich flavor of the butter? And I have no idea where that cow was kept or if it ate field clover, grass or was purely fed hay and grain. But that was some GOOD butter, let me tell ya. Wish to heavens I could find something even remotely close to that taste again. I'd stock up the freezer with it.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#79953 Dec 30, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Sure are some deep post digging holes on the last few pages and I guess I know why. He just don't want to be nice anymore, does he? I really liked the new improved for the short time we seen it. Sad.
What I find ironic is that for someone who despises what they consider "censorship", keeping the need for it to be needed. Personally, I see it as job security for the California crew. I'm sure they feel the same way.

Best bet it to totally ignore the spam and keep the thread flowing, AB. The TopMods are obviously on this thread hot and heavy. There are unexplained holes and gaps in numbers, if you'll take a peek backward and observe the comment counts. Odd that whatever is or was placed, gets zapped before it's even viewable most times. I've taken screen shots just out of bored curiosity and those missing areas just appear like black holes. Not seen with the naked eye, so to speak.

Let's just keep our polite chatter going and allow those bad seeds that someone is so fervently trying to germinate, to simply blow forever into the winds of www dot spam dot zapped.

Another oddity is that for a person to so insanely despise what they're calling censorship, to keep causing the very reason for that censorship to be used. In essence, it's job security for the Cali Crew.. Oh well. Guess it's all in how you look at it.

Let's just keep our chatter flowing and ignore the spam. I adore reading from you all. Every day is a trip back down memory lane lately. It's heartwarming.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#79958 Dec 30, 2012
I've got to go into town for a while. I'm trying to put it off, but as with anything you dread, it's best to get it DONE and be DONE with it. I'll catch up with you all later.

_-_Nope_-_
Who knows

Mount Sterling, KY

#79970 Dec 30, 2012
If the end of time is coming know one will know.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#79975 Dec 30, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find ironic is that for someone who despises what they consider "censorship", keeping the need for it to be needed. Personally, I see it as job security for the California crew. I'm sure they feel the same way.
Best bet it to totally ignore the spam and keep the thread flowing, AB. The TopMods are obviously on this thread hot and heavy. There are unexplained holes and gaps in numbers, if you'll take a peek backward and observe the comment counts. Odd that whatever is or was placed, gets zapped before it's even viewable most times. I've taken screen shots just out of bored curiosity and those missing areas just appear like black holes. Not seen with the naked eye, so to speak.
Let's just keep our polite chatter going and allow those bad seeds that someone is so fervently trying to germinate, to simply blow forever into the winds of www dot spam dot zapped.
Another oddity is that for a person to so insanely despise what they're calling censorship, to keep causing the very reason for that censorship to be used. In essence, it's job security for the Cali Crew.. Oh well. Guess it's all in how you look at it.
Let's just keep our chatter flowing and ignore the spam. I adore reading from you all. Every day is a trip back down memory lane lately. It's heartwarming.
Just wish it could go back to the way it was. Just common folks sharing stories and looking out for each other. I hope they don't remove the thread due to the efforts on a daily basis to remove so much. Wouldn't doubt it for a minute and could hardly blame them if they did. This bird thread hasn't run it's course anymore than the 3 randpaul 2010 threads. I really like the memory lane posts too. I ignore the attempts to spam the site with nonsense. It is usually gone by the time I post a comment. Mods doing a great job.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#79985 Dec 30, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wish it could go back to the way it was. Just common folks sharing stories and looking out for each other. I hope they don't remove the thread due to the efforts on a daily basis to remove so much. Wouldn't doubt it for a minute and could hardly blame them if they did. This bird thread hasn't run it's course anymore than the 3 randpaul 2010 threads. I really like the memory lane posts too. I ignore the attempts to spam the site with nonsense. It is usually gone by the time I post a comment. Mods doing a great job.
Hey, AB! I was headed into town, but made a phone call first to see if my order was ready. GLAD I DID. It'll be a few more hours, hehe! YAY ME, I can put it off for a little while longer and enjoy some more coffee!!

On the subject of this thread, I would venture to say that Topix isn't going to take this thread off for any reason. It's too popular and they have already removed it from city forums that requested it to be removed. So we're good to go. Not to worry. The members of the "Dead Bird Society" will be here for years to come, LOL!

How are you feeling today, by the way? You said you were under the weather last night. I said a prayer for you and a few of the others who mentioned being a bit down. You really do need to try to eat something with some hot peppers in it today. It doesn't take a lot of the spice to do the job. Not even enough to "burn" your taste buds. A little bit goes a long way.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#79991 Dec 30, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, AB! I was headed into town, but made a phone call first to see if my order was ready. GLAD I DID. It'll be a few more hours, hehe! YAY ME, I can put it off for a little while longer and enjoy some more coffee!!
On the subject of this thread, I would venture to say that Topix isn't going to take this thread off for any reason. It's too popular and they have already removed it from city forums that requested it to be removed. So we're good to go. Not to worry. The members of the "Dead Bird Society" will be here for years to come, LOL!
How are you feeling today, by the way? You said you were under the weather last night. I said a prayer for you and a few of the others who mentioned being a bit down. You really do need to try to eat something with some hot peppers in it today. It doesn't take a lot of the spice to do the job. Not even enough to "burn" your taste buds. A little bit goes a long way.
You are right in calling first. It saves us a lot of time when we are smart enough to think of it.

I wouldn't think they would remove a thread that continues to stay up on the top like the randpaul sites do. Advertising and all.

I am feeling better than yesterday, not feverish today anyway. Still have the cough, achy feeling and all around blahs. haha I think I will try some spicy, hot chili for my Sunday dinner. Maybe it will help. I am tired of being a shut in...since Thursday. Ugh. Thanks for the prayer. I appreciate it. They do work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep our town DRY 7 min Tax dollars here 12
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 48 min 40ish 3,660
Romeo's Italian Resturant 51 min Soccer mom 2
Bills mom (dead beat granny) 1 hr Baker 1
To the Garland family 1 hr shaned 19
Terry Smith 1 hr hhhhhjjjjj 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr HistoricallySpeaking 133,371
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Thu marsh 55
dinky phipps Wed literally 29
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST

NBC Sports 8:54AM
Andy Dalton replaces Aaron Rodgers on Pro Bowl roster
Yahoo! Sports 9:39 AM
Dalton to replace Rodgers for Pro Bowl
NFL10:12 AM
Andy Dalton added to Pro Bowl roster
NBC Sports12:57 PM
Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton headed to his 2nd Pro Bowl
NBC Sports 3:15 AM
Marvin Lewis on Andy Dalton: We don't have time to waste on QB competition