Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,369)

Showing posts 67,361 - 67,380 of81,259
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Well folks, I am going to fix a hot toddy, cut that onion in half, hope it absorbs all this mess in my lungs and sinuses or any evil bugs and hit my pillow. I hope you all have a peaceful night.
Where did our nice Imposter go? I liked him. Bring him back. lol
Goodnight all!!!
You need to gargle with some cayenne pepper, girl. It will clear the mucus, sooth your throat and help your lungs too. Trust me. You should gargle with some before you go to bed.

About a half teaspoon in a medium size glass of tepid to warm, not hot, water. You can add honey if you want to, but you're NOT going to swallow it. Just gargle and then spit it out.

The cayenne will sooth your throat, believe it or not. It won't irritate it like you'd imagine it to. Trust me, this works. It's the Capsaicin in the cayenne pepper that does the trick.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, all of that plus that "tagging" crap. I don't get it. It's too dangerous. And those people who let their YOUNG kids have accounts? Kids 8, 9 and 10 years old are on there putting pics up, chatting with "friends"?
Do people have NO COMMON SENSE these days, even after everything that's on the news and these real life crime shows?? Or are they still in denial that it could actually happen to 'them'??
I agree. No they have NO COMMON SENSE anymore. Some of the most intelligent people I have known have left themselves open for TMI. It amazes me. Facebook sucks you in and then takes liberty with your info and all your friends info. They don't believe me about the apps, yet it clearly states that you agree to give it all up. How stupid is that? I don't play any of those games, I don't do apps, don't post personal info, have a bare minimum page and few friends. The way I want it. Then my family and friends tell me that FB has a message on their page to help "me" find friends. lol Just more suckers that they can spam with advertisements etc...Pretty sneaky and now "suggested sites". I am sick of scrolling through crap to see what few posts I AM interested in. Much like topix. hahaha

I am off to bed. Have a good night.

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to gargle with some cayenne pepper, girl. It will clear the mucus, sooth your throat and help your lungs too. Trust me. You should gargle with some before you go to bed.
About a half teaspoon in a medium size glass of tepid to warm, not hot, water. You can add honey if you want to, but you're NOT going to swallow it. Just gargle and then spit it out.
The cayenne will sooth your throat, believe it or not. It won't irritate it like you'd imagine it to. Trust me, this works. It's the Capsaicin in the cayenne pepper that does the trick.
Cayenne is good stuff. I had a health food person tell me that cayenne will even stop a heart attack. It is great for your heart and immune system. I eat it every day. It is good for so many things and I just like it!:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

I have heard that Cayenne is even good for lowering high blood pressure and helping to regulate blood sugar due to diabetes too.

Of course, I'd not trust holistic medicines without a doctors advise if you're already being treated for an ailment.. Nor would I drop any prescription meds and go the natural route without a doctors guidance....

But a healthy person would be wise to take note that natural remedies NOW surely are a nice way to prevent the need for prescription medications somewhere down the road.

So would natural foods, like the ones you all were talking about earlier in here. Fresh and hormone free foods like we had when most of us were much younger..

I don't know about you all, but I don't recall having any classmates who were diabetic or were on ADD, ADHD, or any other mood altering medications back then either. Just something to think about....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Well, I'm going to try to go to bed too. You all have a good night and stay warm and snuggled up.

It's a blessing to have a nice comfortable home in these days and times. Never take it for granted. Somehwere out there are people in this world who are cold and hungry tonight. Don't forget to thank God for everything you have, even if you feel like it might not be "enough"....

Unless I have trouble falling asleep, goodnight to all of you good folks! Hopefully we'll chat tomorrow..

_-_Nope_-_

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I have heard that Cayenne is even good for lowering high blood pressure and helping to regulate blood sugar due to diabetes too.
Of course, I'd not trust holistic medicines without a doctors advise if you're already being treated for an ailment.. Nor would I drop any prescription meds and go the natural route without a doctors guidance....
But a healthy person would be wise to take note that natural remedies NOW surely are a nice way to prevent the need for prescription medications somewhere down the road.
So would natural foods, like the ones you all were talking about earlier in here. Fresh and hormone free foods like we had when most of us were much younger..
I don't know about you all, but I don't recall having any classmates who were diabetic or were on ADD, ADHD, or any other mood altering medications back then either. Just something to think about....
Yep, in 12 years I only remember one kid who was a litttle slow in school. I believe that was from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. There wasn't any of the other stuff.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hempbun wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember drinking fresh cow's milk while visiting my grandparents and seems it was ok. I never heard of anyone dying from drinking fresh milk, unless the cow fell on them.
Probably will be illegal to eat fresh eggs at the rate things are going. Buggers.
An alternative is the "barter" system. Trade milk and eggs for something you need. That is not "selling". I have always followed the rule of "Don't ask and be denied". I always taught my boys "Don't ask me for the car keys and put me in the position of having to say "no". JUst take my ire when you get back".
Jibberjabber

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hi....

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Well Nope, I am headed to bed too. You take care.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember drinking fresh cow's milk when I was a kid. The farmer would bring over a few bottles. The cream on the top was the best part. Oh, those were the days. The farmer would make me a special bottle of chocolate milk.(At that age, I thought it came from a brown cow, LOL)
We never even had electricity, so no refridgeration. We put fresh milk in gallon jars and stored it in the natural spring here at the Homestead. Dad had even made a small shed to put over the spring to shade it and keep out leaves and such. I still have the old white metal dipper that hung out by the spring. On summer days, there was nothing like a cool dipper full of fresh spring water.
OhioJeepGirl

Auxier, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of goats do you have?
Nubian and Nubian Boer cross. I had some pure Boers and decided to get out of them. They get very big and hard to maintain. Boers are better for meat. A Nubian Boer cross makes them more disease resistant and so I crossed them. I started with two boers and fell in love with spotted nubians! Nubians are good for milk and high in butter fat.

All goats are really good for getting into your neighbors (and your sweetie's mother's flowers) gardens, bushes, and flowers! Ha ha ha! I had a lot of lovely flowers and herbs planted until I started getting into goats about 4+ years ago. We did not even plant a garden last season.

Baby time is the best! Baby goats will make you laugh on your worst day! Once they start to bounce there is no stopping them! Goats have been my favorite farm animal so far.
Mumma

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

NOTHING about the birds here !!!
OhioJeepGirl

Auxier, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
you are one up on me, I did not know you could not sell milk, bummer. I make butter and it would be nice to be able find someone who did, even goat.
We will have to talk about butter making this spring! I always wanted to try and just have not started yet. If we lived closer I could legally "give" you goats milk.=)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

In the winter, they tied a garlic on a string and you wore the thing around your neck. I guess the idea was that you stunk so bad that snotty nose kids stayed away from you. LOL
Mumma

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Mumma wrote:
NOTHING about the birds here !!!
still nothing about the birds here !
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Mumma wrote:
<quoted text>
still nothing about the birds here !
It is dark out right now and we can't see them. Come back at daylight.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

dog is back, so I am out of here too. Good Night John Boy.
OhioJeepGirl

Auxier, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

LOL By the time I have caught up everyone went to bed!

Great to see "Nope" posting!

I picked a good night to come home for a visit. Lots of good posts to read. I may stop in again tomorrow.

I am off to bed myself.

John Boy: Good night Elizabeth.
Mumma

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
dog is back, so I am out of here too. Good Night John Boy.
thanks for the laugh :)
Mumma

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It is dark out right now and we can't see them. Come back at daylight.
oops this one! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,361 - 67,380 of81,259
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

130 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
knox county social services 5 min Hurt Granny 10
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 12 min HillbillyStrong 44
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 14 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,695
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 14 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,451
subway for mike corey 14 min Voter Too 40
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min republiCONS 139,073
Mayor West Stops Picking up recycling 24 min Citizen 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••