Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,369)

Showing posts 67,361 - 67,380 of81,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I have heard that Cayenne is even good for lowering high blood pressure and helping to regulate blood sugar due to diabetes too.
Of course, I'd not trust holistic medicines without a doctors advise if you're already being treated for an ailment.. Nor would I drop any prescription meds and go the natural route without a doctors guidance....
But a healthy person would be wise to take note that natural remedies NOW surely are a nice way to prevent the need for prescription medications somewhere down the road.
So would natural foods, like the ones you all were talking about earlier in here. Fresh and hormone free foods like we had when most of us were much younger..
I don't know about you all, but I don't recall having any classmates who were diabetic or were on ADD, ADHD, or any other mood altering medications back then either. Just something to think about....
Yep, in 12 years I only remember one kid who was a litttle slow in school. I believe that was from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. There wasn't any of the other stuff.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hempbun wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember drinking fresh cow's milk while visiting my grandparents and seems it was ok. I never heard of anyone dying from drinking fresh milk, unless the cow fell on them.
Probably will be illegal to eat fresh eggs at the rate things are going. Buggers.
An alternative is the "barter" system. Trade milk and eggs for something you need. That is not "selling". I have always followed the rule of "Don't ask and be denied". I always taught my boys "Don't ask me for the car keys and put me in the position of having to say "no". JUst take my ire when you get back".
Jibberjabber

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hi....

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Well Nope, I am headed to bed too. You take care.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember drinking fresh cow's milk when I was a kid. The farmer would bring over a few bottles. The cream on the top was the best part. Oh, those were the days. The farmer would make me a special bottle of chocolate milk.(At that age, I thought it came from a brown cow, LOL)
We never even had electricity, so no refridgeration. We put fresh milk in gallon jars and stored it in the natural spring here at the Homestead. Dad had even made a small shed to put over the spring to shade it and keep out leaves and such. I still have the old white metal dipper that hung out by the spring. On summer days, there was nothing like a cool dipper full of fresh spring water.
OhioJeepGirl

Auxier, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of goats do you have?
Nubian and Nubian Boer cross. I had some pure Boers and decided to get out of them. They get very big and hard to maintain. Boers are better for meat. A Nubian Boer cross makes them more disease resistant and so I crossed them. I started with two boers and fell in love with spotted nubians! Nubians are good for milk and high in butter fat.

All goats are really good for getting into your neighbors (and your sweetie's mother's flowers) gardens, bushes, and flowers! Ha ha ha! I had a lot of lovely flowers and herbs planted until I started getting into goats about 4+ years ago. We did not even plant a garden last season.

Baby time is the best! Baby goats will make you laugh on your worst day! Once they start to bounce there is no stopping them! Goats have been my favorite farm animal so far.
Mumma

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

NOTHING about the birds here !!!
OhioJeepGirl

Auxier, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
you are one up on me, I did not know you could not sell milk, bummer. I make butter and it would be nice to be able find someone who did, even goat.
We will have to talk about butter making this spring! I always wanted to try and just have not started yet. If we lived closer I could legally "give" you goats milk.=)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

In the winter, they tied a garlic on a string and you wore the thing around your neck. I guess the idea was that you stunk so bad that snotty nose kids stayed away from you. LOL
Mumma

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Mumma wrote:
NOTHING about the birds here !!!
still nothing about the birds here !
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Mumma wrote:
<quoted text>
still nothing about the birds here !
It is dark out right now and we can't see them. Come back at daylight.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

dog is back, so I am out of here too. Good Night John Boy.
OhioJeepGirl

Auxier, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

LOL By the time I have caught up everyone went to bed!

Great to see "Nope" posting!

I picked a good night to come home for a visit. Lots of good posts to read. I may stop in again tomorrow.

I am off to bed myself.

John Boy: Good night Elizabeth.
Mumma

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
dog is back, so I am out of here too. Good Night John Boy.
thanks for the laugh :)
Mumma

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It is dark out right now and we can't see them. Come back at daylight.
oops this one! lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Good Morning Mumma. I have a few birds outside my window trying to find some old grass seeds I threw out. I hope you have a pleasant day.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

I can't afford the expensive birdseed, but I have about 25 pounds of old grass seed that a local farmer claimed would not grow, plus I bought a 50 pound bag of Layena chicken crumbles that I scatter about. That 75 pounds will last the birds most all winter.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Good morning AW and Mumma. How are things in your neck of the woods?:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

West KY Girl wrote:
Good morning AW and Mumma. How are things in your neck of the woods?:)
Everything is fine here, just cold. But that makes us more appreciative when it is better. Dog, chickens, birds, and I all had plenty to eat and I am looking out the window to see if I can see my deer. The best part of this day is that the CREATOR let me wake up one more time. I hope your day is nice.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Still cold. Wish it was warmer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,361 - 67,380 of81,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
jon h 5 min zzzzzz 12
Anyone have any free kittens? 9 min Well 10
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min DITCH MITCH 145,973
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 1 hr Holly 24
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 128,478
legalize marijuana 2 hr WEED EATER 3
Ronald Stevenson 3 hr stephanie 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••