Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,367)

Showing posts 67,321 - 67,340 of81,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
you are one up on me, I did not know you could not sell milk, bummer. I make butter and it would be nice to be able find someone who did, even goat.
Yeah, what all she said.:) They are afraid we are so stupid we will kill ourselves drinking bad milk. The government has really got nasty about it too. They demand that it be pasteurized and that kills all of the good bacteria in it so then you may as well buy the "processed to death" stuff out of the grocery. But if you check around you might be able to find some where you are. Check with some Mennonites. I use to buy it here but my supplier moved away. Sounds like buying drugs huh? lol The government feels about the same about it!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Even a fish would not get caught, if it kept it's mouth shut LOL
That's the reason so many Large Mouth Bass get caught. Some people should learn from the Shad. Fishers lie, fish don't.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
No, don't go yet AW, I found the cutest story scanning the headlines you will love....
After couple saves chicken, chicken clucks to the rescue in house fire
Karma came to Wisconsin in the guise of a lame-footed chicken named Cluck Cluck, whose excited clucking saved her owners and herself from being burned in a house fire. Dennis Murawska adopted Cluck Cluck from a neighbor who had decided to kill her when she stopped producing eggs. Treating Cluck Cluck like a pet, he built her a fine coop and moved her into his basement during cold weather. Little did he know Cluck Cluck would save him right back, by clucking at full blast from the basement at 6:15 a.m. when a fire broke out in the house. Her frantic calls woke Dennis and his wife, who were lying two stories above, while their two cats ran around doing absolutely nothing.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/chicken-clucking-saves-cou...
Even CHICKENS can be your best friends.:)
That was a nice story, AB. I assure everyone Buddha had nothing to do with it. LOL. That's the way it goes AB. Those soft little kitty's are sooooo nice, but sometimes they do nothing worthwhile. Hehehe.
Hempbun

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Sorry about the cut and paste, I know you all hate that. It is more factual than in my own words. Sybil probably has more on it.
Taking a hot bath with some Constant Comment Orange Spice tea, candles and some alone time. Might be back later.
Have a good evening.
I remember drinking fresh cow's milk while visiting my grandparents and seems it was ok. I never heard of anyone dying from drinking fresh milk, unless the cow fell on them.

Probably will be illegal to eat fresh eggs at the rate things are going. Buggers.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hi Una. Not so about the kitties. I have a cat that brings me cash. Hubby carelessly stuffs his extra money in his jeans pockets. Well, one of my cats retrieves cash and brings it to me...and always to me. We hit the jackpot when kitty brought me a 20 dollar bill. Too bad for hubby. That cash kitty sure knows what she is doing. Best pick-pocket I've ever seen.
bob

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Imposter is full of shit. Like his name Imposter---Probably gay.
Hempbun

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, what all she said.:) They are afraid we are so stupid we will kill ourselves drinking bad milk. The government has really got nasty about it too. They demand that it be pasteurized and that kills all of the good bacteria in it so then you may as well buy the "processed to death" stuff out of the grocery. But if you check around you might be able to find some where you are. Check with some Mennonites. I use to buy it here but my supplier moved away. Sounds like buying drugs huh? lol The government feels about the same about it!
Ol uncle sam has to have his fingers in everyone's pie. They want safe milk while killing us with our drinking water. I buy heavy cream to make butter, but I may make it a point to find a local old timer with an ugly cow or two for some fresh stuff. shhhhhh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hempbun wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember drinking fresh cow's milk while visiting my grandparents and seems it was ok. I never heard of anyone dying from drinking fresh milk, unless the cow fell on them.
Probably will be illegal to eat fresh eggs at the rate things are going. Buggers.
I remember drinking fresh cow's milk when I was a kid. The farmer would bring over a few bottles. The cream on the top was the best part. Oh, those were the days. The farmer would make me a special bottle of chocolate milk.(At that age, I thought it came from a brown cow, LOL)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

OMG it's COLD!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a nice story, AB. I assure everyone Buddha had nothing to do with it. LOL. That's the way it goes AB. Those soft little kitty's are sooooo nice, but sometimes they do nothing worthwhile. Hehehe.
haha, not Buddha. Karma. I believe in Karma. lol Now, my kitty's would be all over me until I got up. They jump up and run to the door before anyone even knocks. They are hilarious. One actually fetches. No lie. They are a hoot.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome. Actually it wasn't a chat site, but still a true story. I'll have to say, people can't potty anymore without posting it on Facebook. LOL. I can't imagine anyone posting pictures especially of their children on the web. I sure don't have it. LOL.
One of my daughters thought I should have a facebook account, so she set it up. I rarely use it. You're right. It's boring. They post lots of Unadoo on it.LOL, only kidding. I really got angry when she got a hold of pictures of our little guy and posted them. She is very smart, but has no common sense. Those pictures were removed pronto, or I would have gotten my switch out...no matter how old she is.
Hempbun

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember drinking fresh cow's milk when I was a kid. The farmer would bring over a few bottles. The cream on the top was the best part. Oh, those were the days. The farmer would make me a special bottle of chocolate milk.(At that age, I thought it came from a brown cow, LOL)
I think we all did. It was better than learning where eggs came from.
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hempbun wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh they have regulations on fresh eggs too. I think the last I heard you can sell a certain amount from the farm before the government getting in on it. For some reason I am thinking 50 dozen but might be way off. "Nanny state!"
Paul

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Jesus loves you! Turn your life over to Him.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hempbun wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. We use to go to my Uncle's farm in Ohio once a year, it was the biggest treat for us. We were Army brats and really enjoyed that country life. Animals, fresh milk, eggs, honey, beef, pork, etc. When we were at dinner one time my little brother ask about the milk and my Dad said it came from ole' Bessy out there in the barn. He turned 3 shades of green with the thought of it not coming from a carton or jug. I understand the need for regulation to protect our water, air, and food source, but they tend to go overboard sometimes.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Hi Una. Not so about the kitties. I have a cat that brings me cash. Hubby carelessly stuffs his extra money in his jeans pockets. Well, one of my cats retrieves cash and brings it to me...and always to me. We hit the jackpot when kitty brought me a 20 dollar bill. Too bad for hubby. That cash kitty sure knows what she is doing. Best pick-pocket I've ever seen.
LOL. You have a well trained cat. Poor hubby. You sure need to buy kitty some treats for that. They can do some hilarious stuff.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Hempbun wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we all did. It was better than learning where eggs came from.
I learned at an early age, where eggs came from. My job when I was a kid, was to collect the eggs, and wash off the doo before they went into the refrigerator.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Paul wrote:
Jesus loves you! Turn your life over to Him.
Already did, long, long ago.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Hi lala. Did you see our beloved OJG was here earlier? Hope you got her email. I wish my Cats would fetch money. haha They are smart creatures. People underestimate cats I think.

So sorry about your horse. I know how much your horses mean to you. That trek out into the peaceful outline of your property sounded like a real special moment for you both. Glad you had it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Well, good-night folks. Hubby wants to sleep and my tap, tapping on the keyboard is keeping him awake. Talk to everyone tomorrow. Pleasant dreams.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,321 - 67,340 of81,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Morgan Grant is in the slammer for 2 months 26 min lol 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Limbertwig 138,845
Guss need a hug 1 hr Curious 20
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr curious 123,000
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr TOASTup 3,442
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 2 hr TOASTup 3,689
Have a Wonderful Easter! 2 hr gator catcher 3
Corey vs. Collins 2 hr Truth 67
Citys easter Egg hunt what a Joke !!!!!! 5 hr Funny 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs