Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
W KY Girl

Edgerton, WI

#79353 Dec 28, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Name-calling(sheeple) causes people to turn a deaf ear to your theories. If you truly want people to listen, present your ideas and supporting details with respect to your "audience." You make some valid points, but you lose your listeners by not following rules of debate. I consider a lot of things that you say, but I can't support a condescending attitude. I know how AW feels, because I have "fought the fight" and wish to have peace in declining years. I try to be a model for young folks to follow. Respect is high on my priority list. In order to further your cause, you need to connect with other like-minded folks. Sheeple is an over used word that can raise the hackles on even the most gentle souls.
I agree. No respect = no listen!
W KY Girl

Edgerton, WI

#79355 Dec 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were the two that I tried. My "hills" are steep limestone palisades.
Ahh limestone! Our hills are mostly dirt. lol

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#79356 Dec 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
It is about time for my nap anyways. LOL
Mine too. Stein is already waiting in the bed. He says hi to Dog. Pleasant dreams, AW.
W KY Girl

Edgerton, WI

#79358 Dec 28, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I fear that America is already lost, and the Antichrist is here. He just has not revealed himself yet. All great empires fall when society becomes corrupt. All one can do now is to police one's self and acknowledge the gifts from our Creator, so that we may be saved when the time comes.
I agree and that's what I was saying earlier. I bet he is out there somewhere and that is creepy. Some poor family is raising a son who will turn out to be the anti-christ. Not only creepy, sad.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#79359 Dec 28, 2012
I live near two significantly important Kentucky Civil War sites. Camp Dick Robinson was the first Union recruiting and training center south of the Mason-Dixon and is what propelled Kentucky into the war even though neutrality was planned. Many "orphaned" recruits came from East Tennessee to join the Union when their home state seceded. Many souls were lost there due to an outbreak of measels.

Not far north of there near the Kentucky River is Camp Nelson National Cemetery and heritage center which was once the recruiting and training center for African-Americans that wished to gain their freedom by joing the Union. Over 10,000 black recruits were mustered in there bringing with them their families. The Emancipation Proclamation was only for the men. Women and children were not freed but still considered "run-aways". Several of those died outside the camp due to cold and starvation. That Poclamation also had no effect in Kentucky and Delaware which A. Lincoln did not want to further antagonize those 2 border states.
W KY Girl

Edgerton, WI

#79360 Dec 28, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
How right you are! We try to screen what our little guy watches on t.v. As far as I'm concerned, most shows, even for kids are essentially social engineering tools. The other day, I was flipping through the channels to find something "Christmassy" for him to watch. I inadvertently paused on a channel, and low and behold, there was a woman in a see-through skirt, no underwear, wiggling her behind. I couldn't believe what I was seeing on daytime t.v. The little guy laughed hysterically at the expression on my face, and for a moment, I was frozen like a deer in the headlights. My gosh, I grew up with Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, and the Donna Reed show. You can't tell me that the nudity, violence, and the demeaning of women is O.K. Children who get a steady diet of this stuff are probably psychologically affected for life.
I agree. People who think that young people can watch that mess daily and not be affected by it are out of their mind! You have EXTREMELY VIOLENT (and immoral) video games, movies, tv shows (and yes even cartoons), music, games etc etc etc AND the majority of the kids in this country do not have anybody with any common sense "filtering" what goes into their head. I have seen kids laugh when somebody get hurts because they have been so desensitized to how serious somebody getting hurt is. Everything is a game to them! And just like Adam Lanza (the recent school shooter), it has been reported that he was really into violent video games. The poor boy was already a trained killer, he just took it to real life. What the heck can you expect! This society has lost its mind! America is headed down hill on a greased slide!
W KY Girl

Edgerton, WI

#79361 Dec 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I live near two significantly important Kentucky Civil War sites. Camp Dick Robinson was the first Union recruiting and training center south of the Mason-Dixon and is what propelled Kentucky into the war even though neutrality was planned. Many "orphaned" recruits came from East Tennessee to join the Union when their home state seceded. Many souls were lost there due to an outbreak of measels.
Not far north of there near the Kentucky River is Camp Nelson National Cemetery and heritage center which was once the recruiting and training center for African-Americans that wished to gain their freedom by joing the Union. Over 10,000 black recruits were mustered in there bringing with them their families. The Emancipation Proclamation was only for the men. Women and children were not freed but still considered "run-aways". Several of those died outside the camp due to cold and starvation. That Poclamation also had no effect in Kentucky and Delaware which A. Lincoln did not want to further antagonize those 2 border states.
It is not only wrong but very, very sad what black people had to go through and actually not that long ago. It is also very sad that the majority of the black people living today don't know or care what their ancestors had to endure to get them the opportunities they have today. The oldest black folks proably do know a lot of it and they do care but the younger generations could care less.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#79370 Dec 28, 2012
Hello bird threaders, hope you all are staying warm. Sun shining, birds are out. Snow suppose to come in tonight. Take care and enjoy your day!!!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#79405 Dec 28, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Hello bird threaders, hope you all are staying warm. Sun shining, birds are out. Snow suppose to come in tonight. Take care and enjoy your day!!!
Hello AB. You just keep that snow in the Northern part of the state with you. I gladly give you my share. LOL.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#79406 Dec 28, 2012
and now back to your regular scheduled programming and/or nap. LOL
What a Dork

United States

#79407 Dec 28, 2012
That guy who thinks he can shut this site down, is a trip.
How did that work out for ya?
Your post was on here for ever bit of 4 minutes. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#79408 Dec 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
and now back to your regular scheduled programming and/or nap. LOL
I think I'm going to take a nap. You just talked me into it. Lol..
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#79409 Dec 28, 2012
Little toker is doing fine, he had a visit with the vet yesterday for shots and general check up. His house breaking is coming along well but he attempts to chew everything he get his teeth around. He is healthy and happy and chased his first bird this morning.
W KY Girl

Edgerton, WI

#79410 Dec 28, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I'm going to take a nap. You just talked me into it. Lol..
I second that.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#79464 Dec 28, 2012
Nice nap, glad I missed all that.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#79468 Dec 28, 2012
Most anyone with a little savvy can, but it is very juvenile no matter what the reasons are. Feel good now?
W KY Girl

Edgerton, WI

#79469 Dec 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Most anyone with a little savvy can, but it is very juvenile no matter what the reasons are. Feel good now?
Reckon somebody has gone off their meds? lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#79470 Dec 28, 2012
It gave me time to catch up on my nap and my solitaire game. LOL
What a Dork

Niles, IL

#79471 Dec 28, 2012
What a Dork wrote:
That guy who thinks he can shut this site down, is a trip.
How did that work out for ya?
Your post was on here for ever bit of 4 minutes. LOL.
Still waiting for the site to be shut down, or did I miss it? Hopefully if it happened, it lasted more than 4 minutes, like the last time. What a Dork!
W KY Girl

Edgerton, WI

#79472 Dec 28, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Man, ya'll getting heavy here lately, lighten up team, here I'll help a little,, I had a pet chicken once, but she seen a KFC commercial and kicked the bucket. I fed her some cement by accident and she laid a side walk. My chicken was so graceful, pultry in motion really. It was a smart chiken so I sent her to school, but she got eggspelled. I married the chicken but the relationship spoiled, I would of filed for divorce, but I needed the eggs.
Geez, the things I do for this group.
Hemp, I had to read that again. Definitely corny but yes funny too. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emily Collins 1 hr john 3
teena Marie mills 2 hr Darren 8
where the heck is brandon brayson? (Apr '11) 3 hr truth 7
jason hughes 3 hr whoa 12
Linda Darlene Doolin (Jan '09) 3 hr barberette5657 3
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 4 hr Darren 226
food stamp office 4 hr Darren 16
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 5 hr Just a fact 22
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52