Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
66,321 - 66,340 of 81,602 Comments Last updated 20 hrs ago

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#78207 Dec 14, 2012
**Yawn** can't sleep. This isn't any fun.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#78208 Dec 14, 2012
Guess everyone else CAN sleep

Since: Dec 12

United States

#78210 Dec 14, 2012
Y'all remember that little group of kooks several years ago that were going to leave earth and go to some other planet or some bullcrap? They found them all dead in a little room. I'm not even sure how to Google that! lol

United States

#78211 Dec 14, 2012
Found it!...
This next entry is a real life story of horror meets UFO sci-fi, for the 1970s Heaven’s Gate cult based their belief system on a combination of Christian ideas of the apocalypse and elements of science fiction. If their ideas were to be believed, planet Earth was due to be wiped clean by supernatural forces, and the only path to salvation was to escape to the “Next Level”. According to founder Marshall Applewhite, this escape could be achieved through an ascetic existence, which meant detachment from family, friends, jobs, possessions and other trappings of modern existence. In 1997, however, Applewhite announced a fast-track route to the Next Level: boarding a spacecraft that was trailing the comet Hale-Bopp. On March 26th, when the comet was at its brightest, Applewhite and 38 of his followers committed suicide in order to abandon their terrestrial forms and gain access to the UFO.

United States

#78212 Dec 14, 2012
Here's the link to the article: http://brainz.org/10-most-notorious-suicide-c...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78213 Dec 15, 2012
West KY Girl wrote:
Found it!...
This next entry is a real life story of horror meets UFO sci-fi, for the 1970s Heaven’s Gate cult based their belief system on a combination of Christian ideas of the apocalypse and elements of science fiction. If their ideas were to be believed, planet Earth was due to be wiped clean by supernatural forces, and the only path to salvation was to escape to the “Next Level”. According to founder Marshall Applewhite, this escape could be achieved through an ascetic existence, which meant detachment from family, friends, jobs, possessions and other trappings of modern existence. In 1997, however, Applewhite announced a fast-track route to the Next Level: boarding a spacecraft that was trailing the comet Hale-Bopp. On March 26th, when the comet was at its brightest, Applewhite and 38 of his followers committed suicide in order to abandon their terrestrial forms and gain access to the UFO.
Yes, and the world is just full of fruitcakes that have watched way to much Sci-Fi and Youtube and see men in black lurking around the corner of every traumatic event. They really need to watch for the men in white smocks.

I for one will NOT be waiting for the enlightenment and PEACE of a new day, I have it already in spite of all the evil.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78214 Dec 15, 2012
DontCare wrote:
2012 has been a truly bad year: the ugliness of politicians towards each other during an election year got worse, a high number of big name celebrities passed away, innocent lives being lost in a bloody civil war in Syria, Hurricane Sandy, Iran closer to nuclear weapons, North Korea closer in being able to launch long range nuclear weapons, more senseless mass shootings at malls and schools and we're 2 weeks away from the federal fiscal cliff.
I'm going to strive to make one of my new year's resolutions for 2013 to do all in my power to make 2013 a more positive, happy year and a step in the right direction.
I may still spar with people here from time to time but I don't have a hateful bone in my body.
With the beginning of each day is a new start, with that being said, I'll say this with less than 2 weeks to go that I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
This country has lots of work to do and I'm willing to do all I can in my role with this world to help get our precious country back on track to better days ahead.
I agree with you with one exception. Why wait for the NEW YEAR? Why not start now? I never was one to wait for "Pie in the Sky" or "Mud in the Eye". Live each day to the fullest since we may not even make it to Christmas or New Years, but if we do then may your's be BLESSED.

United States

#78215 Dec 15, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and the world is just full of fruitcakes that have watched way to much Sci-Fi and Youtube and see men in black lurking around the corner of every traumatic event. They really need to watch for the men in white smocks.
I for one will NOT be waiting for the enlightenment and PEACE of a new day, I have it already in spite of all the evil.
I agree AW. Too many people these days watch too much Hollywood and play too many video games. If they are not careful they will end up like those members of the People’s Temple at Jonestown who drank the Koolaid. And there are a lot of Jim Jones' and Davis Koresh's that will gladly lead them down that path. They need to take a good look at the pictures in that link.

United States

#78216 Dec 15, 2012
I've been thinking about those poor parents in CT. Can you imagine waking up today (if any of them did sleep)? I bet some of them will think it was all just a bad dream. When they realize it wasn't the pain will start all over. I feel so sorry for them. It's bad enough when adults die but when a small child that had no chance of defending their self is murdered, I can't even imagine.:( There is really only one person to blame this on and that is satan himself.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#78217 Dec 15, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you with one exception. Why wait for the NEW YEAR? Why not start now? I never was one to wait for "Pie in the Sky" or "Mud in the Eye". Live each day to the fullest since we may not even make it to Christmas or New Years, but if we do then may your's be BLESSED.
AW, you are correct. I'm going to work on that beginning now. There's still plenty of time to start the rest of this year and finish it on a positive note as 2013 approaches.

United States

#78218 Dec 15, 2012
dont be fooled wrote:
<quoted text>
you live in darkness and can't bear to hear the truth especially if it doesn't fit in your neat little world. You don't need to read anything I post if I come across as arrogant to you (and I take that as a compliment anyway) but if what I'm post is annoying you, it is a good sign that maybe what I'm saying is registering in your neurons.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer
I have to ask, where does all of your information come from? You know without evidence nobody will bellieve you.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#78219 Dec 15, 2012
Another cloudy wet morning.
Another good day to be a duck.
grumpy old men

Richmond, KY

#78220 Dec 15, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
that doesn't sound very convincing...but if you say it often enough, it just might become true.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#78221 Dec 15, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to much friggin' Youtube nonsense driving some people bonkers.
Not only U-tube...just watch television for awhile. Good morning to you.

Location hidden

#78222 Dec 15, 2012
West KY Girl wrote:
Y'all remember that little group of kooks several years ago that were going to leave earth and go to some other planet or some bullcrap? They found them all dead in a little room. I'm not even sure how to Google that! lol
They were waiting for a space ship to take them to nirvana. The sign that made them think this was the appearance of the comet called Hale Bop. Not kidding. Hubby and I actually caught sight of that magnificent comet. At the time, we didn't know what it was. Later we learned that it was the comet. Really neat. But those poor suckers were found in their bunks, all dressed in black wearing their Nike sneakers. Strange folks.
Happy Old Man

Lexington, KY

#78223 Dec 15, 2012
grumpy old men wrote:
<quoted text>
that doesn't sound very convincing...but if you say it often enough, it just might become true.
Could not care any less whether you are convinced or not.
reading constantly

Richmond, KY

#78224 Dec 15, 2012
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to ask, where does all of your information come from? You know without evidence nobody will bellieve you.
comes from years and years of reading, researching, personal experience through talking with other knowledgeable people from many different international and multicultural viewpoints (social, political, religious, scientific, military, financial, educational, etc) and then you start connecting the dots and the big picture becomes very clear to you. The evidence comes from examining each of the dots in detail from many different and broad perspectives and then being able to put it all together. Any 'evidence' that I can present to you would only give you a myopic view of the whole. I can present the big picture of the forest to you but you cannot understand it (nor will you accept it) until you are familiar with the soil, the roots, the trunks, the branches, the leaves, and the various trees.

Location hidden

#78225 Dec 15, 2012
dont be fooled wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of MKULTRA?
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread863...
In the 1950's, the CIA began a covert human research program involving 'behavioral modification', called MKULTRA. This program was used on POW's, soldiers of the US Miltary, and eventually Canadian and average U.S. citizens. This 'project' was done with the use of LSD and other hallucinogens, and resulted in the successful creation of 'assassins on demand'. Once a test subject completed a trial mission, they were usually killed or 'committed a bizarre suicide', as told by the CIA. After many investigations were requested and found to be unsolved in the deaths of these test subjects,the CIA director announced the end of the program in 1973.
The gunman suicide scenario happened with the Oregon mall shooter three days ago and now today in Connecticut. They both had semi automatic assault rifles and the CT shooter had a military vest on.
Does any of this sound suspicious to anyone?
According to reports, the shooter had problems dating back to childhood. The guns were registered to the mother. Why on earth would she let this boy have access to the guns. The guns should have been locked up in a gun safe, with the combination known to only to the mother. So sad. People do hunt in this area, but there is not a "gun culture" as is in many parts of the country. It is not unusual to carry guns in Ky, Texas, etc.,but it is not the norm to have weapons available in suburban CT., and even more unusual to be owned by a single mother. Weird.
mass hypnosis

Richmond, KY

#78226 Dec 15, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only U-tube...just watch television for awhile. Good morning to you.
television is mass hypnosis and propaganda, I suggest you turn it off and don't look to it as a source of unbiased and untainted truth. Youtube is not much different, but at least you can get different perspectives. You need to develop your own mental filters to decide what to accept and what to reject.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78227 Dec 15, 2012
Two days ago I celebrated the anniversary of my birth. A number which very few people will ever achieve. Yesterday, I celebrated the anniversary of the day my long time wife went to be with Jesus.

Yes, I celebrated both those events and no evils or reporting of evils (either real or imagined) will distract me from continuing on toward the end of my own trail when I too can go and in the meanwhile, I am quite happy and at PEACE and hope to enjoy a few more days until that Blessed event occurs. I am blessed; not frightened, depressed, or wary.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min GOTP 151,492
City councilman raising property Tax Next 8 min Mom 12
It must suck to be you 13 min KDawg 2
Baby sitter avaliable! 21 min boom 6
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 27 min mitchy 2,136
fish for sale 32 min tropical 8
Affair at Union College! 45 min Boring 1
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating