Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
66,321 - 66,340 of 81,560 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78198
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

2012 has been a truly bad year: the ugliness of politicians towards each other during an election year got worse, a high number of big name celebrities passed away, innocent lives being lost in a bloody civil war in Syria, Hurricane Sandy, Iran closer to nuclear weapons, North Korea closer in being able to launch long range nuclear weapons, more senseless mass shootings at malls and schools and we're 2 weeks away from the federal fiscal cliff.

I'm going to strive to make one of my new year's resolutions for 2013 to do all in my power to make 2013 a more positive, happy year and a step in the right direction.

I may still spar with people here from time to time but I don't have a hateful bone in my body.

With the beginning of each day is a new start, with that being said, I'll say this with less than 2 weeks to go that I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

This country has lots of work to do and I'm willing to do all I can in my role with this world to help get our precious country back on track to better days ahead.
trace nod

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78199
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DontCare wrote:
2012 has been a truly bad year: the ugliness of politicians towards each other during an election year got worse, a high number of big name celebrities passed away, innocent lives being lost in a bloody civil war in Syria, Hurricane Sandy, Iran closer to nuclear weapons, North Korea closer in being able to launch long range nuclear weapons, more senseless mass shootings at malls and schools and we're 2 weeks away from the federal fiscal cliff.
I'm going to strive to make one of my new year's resolutions for 2013 to do all in my power to make 2013 a more positive, happy year and a step in the right direction.
I may still spar with people here from time to time but I don't have a hateful bone in my body.
With the beginning of each day is a new start, with that being said, I'll say this with less than 2 weeks to go that I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
This country has lots of work to do and I'm willing to do all I can in my role with this world to help get our precious country back on track to better days ahead.
yes, I think better days are ahead as long as there are more like you who are awakening to the awareness of truth, love, and unity consciousness. We are heading into the dawn of a new era in human evolution and it will become obvious to more people on 12/21/12. Unfortunately, the forces of darkness will still try to prevent this and we may have to go through more of this darkness until we reach the light. But be patient, the light is near.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78204
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

W KY Girl wrote:
Must be a full moon.
Way to much friggin' Youtube nonsense driving some people bonkers.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78207
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

**Yawn** can't sleep. This isn't any fun.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78208
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Guess everyone else CAN sleep

Since: Dec 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78210
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Y'all remember that little group of kooks several years ago that were going to leave earth and go to some other planet or some bullcrap? They found them all dead in a little room. I'm not even sure how to Google that! lol

Since: Dec 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78211
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Found it!...
This next entry is a real life story of horror meets UFO sci-fi, for the 1970s Heaven’s Gate cult based their belief system on a combination of Christian ideas of the apocalypse and elements of science fiction. If their ideas were to be believed, planet Earth was due to be wiped clean by supernatural forces, and the only path to salvation was to escape to the “Next Level”. According to founder Marshall Applewhite, this escape could be achieved through an ascetic existence, which meant detachment from family, friends, jobs, possessions and other trappings of modern existence. In 1997, however, Applewhite announced a fast-track route to the Next Level: boarding a spacecraft that was trailing the comet Hale-Bopp. On March 26th, when the comet was at its brightest, Applewhite and 38 of his followers committed suicide in order to abandon their terrestrial forms and gain access to the UFO.

Since: Dec 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78212
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Here's the link to the article: http://brainz.org/10-most-notorious-suicide-c...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78213
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

West KY Girl wrote:
Found it!...
This next entry is a real life story of horror meets UFO sci-fi, for the 1970s Heaven’s Gate cult based their belief system on a combination of Christian ideas of the apocalypse and elements of science fiction. If their ideas were to be believed, planet Earth was due to be wiped clean by supernatural forces, and the only path to salvation was to escape to the “Next Level”. According to founder Marshall Applewhite, this escape could be achieved through an ascetic existence, which meant detachment from family, friends, jobs, possessions and other trappings of modern existence. In 1997, however, Applewhite announced a fast-track route to the Next Level: boarding a spacecraft that was trailing the comet Hale-Bopp. On March 26th, when the comet was at its brightest, Applewhite and 38 of his followers committed suicide in order to abandon their terrestrial forms and gain access to the UFO.
Yes, and the world is just full of fruitcakes that have watched way to much Sci-Fi and Youtube and see men in black lurking around the corner of every traumatic event. They really need to watch for the men in white smocks.

I for one will NOT be waiting for the enlightenment and PEACE of a new day, I have it already in spite of all the evil.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78214
Dec 15, 2012
 
DontCare wrote:
2012 has been a truly bad year: the ugliness of politicians towards each other during an election year got worse, a high number of big name celebrities passed away, innocent lives being lost in a bloody civil war in Syria, Hurricane Sandy, Iran closer to nuclear weapons, North Korea closer in being able to launch long range nuclear weapons, more senseless mass shootings at malls and schools and we're 2 weeks away from the federal fiscal cliff.
I'm going to strive to make one of my new year's resolutions for 2013 to do all in my power to make 2013 a more positive, happy year and a step in the right direction.
I may still spar with people here from time to time but I don't have a hateful bone in my body.
With the beginning of each day is a new start, with that being said, I'll say this with less than 2 weeks to go that I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
This country has lots of work to do and I'm willing to do all I can in my role with this world to help get our precious country back on track to better days ahead.
I agree with you with one exception. Why wait for the NEW YEAR? Why not start now? I never was one to wait for "Pie in the Sky" or "Mud in the Eye". Live each day to the fullest since we may not even make it to Christmas or New Years, but if we do then may your's be BLESSED.

Since: Dec 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78215
Dec 15, 2012
 
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and the world is just full of fruitcakes that have watched way to much Sci-Fi and Youtube and see men in black lurking around the corner of every traumatic event. They really need to watch for the men in white smocks.
I for one will NOT be waiting for the enlightenment and PEACE of a new day, I have it already in spite of all the evil.
I agree AW. Too many people these days watch too much Hollywood and play too many video games. If they are not careful they will end up like those members of the People’s Temple at Jonestown who drank the Koolaid. And there are a lot of Jim Jones' and Davis Koresh's that will gladly lead them down that path. They need to take a good look at the pictures in that link.

Since: Dec 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78216
Dec 15, 2012
 
I've been thinking about those poor parents in CT. Can you imagine waking up today (if any of them did sleep)? I bet some of them will think it was all just a bad dream. When they realize it wasn't the pain will start all over. I feel so sorry for them. It's bad enough when adults die but when a small child that had no chance of defending their self is murdered, I can't even imagine.:( There is really only one person to blame this on and that is satan himself.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78217
Dec 15, 2012
 
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you with one exception. Why wait for the NEW YEAR? Why not start now? I never was one to wait for "Pie in the Sky" or "Mud in the Eye". Live each day to the fullest since we may not even make it to Christmas or New Years, but if we do then may your's be BLESSED.
AW, you are correct. I'm going to work on that beginning now. There's still plenty of time to start the rest of this year and finish it on a positive note as 2013 approaches.

Since: Dec 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78218
Dec 15, 2012
 
dont be fooled wrote:
<quoted text>
you live in darkness and can't bear to hear the truth especially if it doesn't fit in your neat little world. You don't need to read anything I post if I come across as arrogant to you (and I take that as a compliment anyway) but if what I'm post is annoying you, it is a good sign that maybe what I'm saying is registering in your neurons.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer
I have to ask, where does all of your information come from? You know without evidence nobody will bellieve you.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78219
Dec 15, 2012
 
Another cloudy wet morning.
Another good day to be a duck.
grumpy old men

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78220
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one will NOT be waiting for the enlightenment and PEACE of a new day, I have it already in spite of all the evil.
that doesn't sound very convincing...but if you say it often enough, it just might become true.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78221
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to much friggin' Youtube nonsense driving some people bonkers.
Not only U-tube...just watch television for awhile. Good morning to you.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78222
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

West KY Girl wrote:
Y'all remember that little group of kooks several years ago that were going to leave earth and go to some other planet or some bullcrap? They found them all dead in a little room. I'm not even sure how to Google that! lol
They were waiting for a space ship to take them to nirvana. The sign that made them think this was the appearance of the comet called Hale Bop. Not kidding. Hubby and I actually caught sight of that magnificent comet. At the time, we didn't know what it was. Later we learned that it was the comet. Really neat. But those poor suckers were found in their bunks, all dressed in black wearing their Nike sneakers. Strange folks.
Happy Old Man

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78223
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

grumpy old men wrote:
<quoted text>
that doesn't sound very convincing...but if you say it often enough, it just might become true.
Could not care any less whether you are convinced or not.
reading constantly

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78224
Dec 15, 2012
 
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to ask, where does all of your information come from? You know without evidence nobody will bellieve you.
comes from years and years of reading, researching, personal experience through talking with other knowledgeable people from many different international and multicultural viewpoints (social, political, religious, scientific, military, financial, educational, etc) and then you start connecting the dots and the big picture becomes very clear to you. The evidence comes from examining each of the dots in detail from many different and broad perspectives and then being able to put it all together. Any 'evidence' that I can present to you would only give you a myopic view of the whole. I can present the big picture of the forest to you but you cannot understand it (nor will you accept it) until you are familiar with the soil, the roots, the trunks, the branches, the leaves, and the various trees.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bipolar Women are better at Sex (Jan '11) 31 min bipolar chick 24
parkway svc center (Jan '13) 33 min Tutle Wax 6
Stivers Center fixes 36 min goofy 60
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 51 min spaceship 128,947
wendy abner and rick hubbs (Jul '10) 1 hr bbgirll 10
Dentist AJ Smith 1 hr Fred 2
Looking for place to rent! 3 hr Girl 1
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••