Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,314)

Showing posts 66,261 - 66,280 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hide and seek

Campton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I like to make individual serving size of hot fried apple pies using apple butter and the canned yeast rolls and a dip of vanilla ice cream.
man a live that sounds good yummy
W KY Girl

Elkhart, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. We do have one in town. I will call them to day.
I think I have seen dried apples in a box, like the ones raisins come in.
Is it OK to use apple butter if can't find dried apples?
I'm not sure about the apple butter. You might end up creating something new but I bet it would be good.:) I bet the Amish or Mennonites can find you some. Good luck.:)
W KY Girl

Elkhart, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I like to make individual serving size of hot fried apple pies using apple butter and the canned yeast rolls and a dip of vanilla ice cream.
That does sound good. My mom use to make fried pies. She would make me one with a bunch of butter and cocoa in it. Oh gosh, you cut into that thing and all that hot butter and chocolate oozes out, so good - a chocolate high I'm telling you! LOL I never thought about ice cream. No doubt that would meet the daily quota in calories. lol I need to make her some fried apple pies.
W KY Girl

Elkhart, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

trusted wrote:
<quoted text> I saw something as I was driving last night. Only thought it was a falling star. Dummy me wished on it , oh well, guess I could have alot of wishes , had I been watching. lol It was neat though...
I went out from about 11:30 until 12:00 and saw a few. I didn't know you could see so many more stars with just binoculars! It was really pretty out last night. Hope you get your wish!:)
W KY Girl

Elkhart, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much, but some. It will be good if we have a power outtage. MY internet has been down for the last 24 hours.
I'm glad your internet is back! Oh yes, you would have it made in a power outage, warm and fed. Was the ice storm bad where you live?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad your internet is back! Oh yes, you would have it made in a power outage, warm and fed. Was the ice storm bad where you live?
Lots of people said it was. LOL But I don't remember it being nearly as bad as the winter of '77-'78. I am going out today to see if I can find my great-grandfather's grave. He served in the Civil War.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. Hope you are doing well on this fine day. It's ok to throw in magnapoots, if you like. Lol.
Good afternoon to you. I'm just fine and dandy today. Hope that your day is going as well. BTW, I guess that I was right about you. You have a kind heart beating underneath that rough,gruff, and irreverant exterior. There's no need to hide it. I'm glad that you joined the conversation. You're really quite clever and funny when you want to be.
W KY Girl

Elkhart, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of people said it was. LOL But I don't remember it being nearly as bad as the winter of '77-'78. I am going out today to see if I can find my great-grandfather's grave. He served in the Civil War.
It was bad at this end of the state. Some people were without electricity for 30 days. It was pretty dang cold at the time. Could have been colder but it was cold enough! Three years later, we still have big dead limbs falling out of the trees. I have Civil War soldier ancestors too, also Revolutionary War. Hope you find the gravesite. If it is an unmarked grave there might be some organization that would help you get a marker.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon to you. I'm just fine and dandy today. Hope that your day is going as well. BTW, I guess that I was right about you. You have a kind heart beating underneath that rough,gruff, and irreverant exterior. There's no need to hide it. I'm glad that you joined the conversation. You're really quite clever and funny when you want to be.
Thanks. I think the Soft Kitty song got to me. I just hope I haven't ruined my bad reputation. Lol.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Good afternoon everyone. Hope you are enjoying the sunny day. I hope to. My heart is heavy as I listen to the latest school shooting special report. How sad:

18 children among 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting

My prayers are with the families and people of Connecticut.

Got the 6.3-magnitude quake strikes off California coast and one small one close to us.

Irondale, Alabama
Magnitude: 1.6
and Utah, Montana, Hawaii, Alaska

Then:
US to send missiles, troops to Turkey in bid to deter Syria

Wow, big day in the news. I am glad so many seen the meteors last night. I seen a few before it was just too cold for me. If I had a sunroof, I would have ran the car for heat and reclined my seat, put some music on and watch for an hour or so. The sky certainly was beautiful.

I hope you all have a great day. I am off to get things done, then out with a special someone and won't be home until late tonight. Enjoy your Friday and weekend.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I think the Soft Kitty song got to me. I just hope I haven't ruined my bad reputation. Lol.
That soft kitty song got to all of us, I think. Or maybe it's the Christmas season. Who knows... We should be kind to each other for the rest of the year. No one could ever ruin your reputation as a scary troll, so don't worry about that. Now that we know that you are a force to contend with, you can come out from behind the wall that you built around yourself. I think that you will find that most folks are decent and are willing to accept you for who you are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Have a good time on your date, Abeliever. That's the first that I heard about the Connecticut shooting, I'll have to look up the news report to find out details, if there are any yet. The world is in a terrible state with many crazies roaming about. It seems that no one is safe these days,

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Abeliever wrote:
Good afternoon everyone. Hope you are enjoying the sunny day. I hope to. My heart is heavy as I listen to the latest school shooting special report. How sad:
18 children among 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting
My prayers are with the families and people of Connecticut.
Got the 6.3-magnitude quake strikes off California coast and one small one close to us.
Irondale, Alabama
Magnitude: 1.6
and Utah, Montana, Hawaii, Alaska
Then:
US to send missiles, troops to Turkey in bid to deter Syria
Wow, big day in the news. I am glad so many seen the meteors last night. I seen a few before it was just too cold for me. If I had a sunroof, I would have ran the car for heat and reclined my seat, put some music on and watch for an hour or so. The sky certainly was beautiful.
I hope you all have a great day. I am off to get things done, then out with a special someone and won't be home until late tonight. Enjoy your Friday and weekend.
Hello AB, I was talking on the phone with a friend from church when he told me about the school shooting, flashing across his TV screen. That is so horrible.

A beautiful day. I have been outside. I saw a few birds snd some ol' Crows squaking. I didn't know if they were telling me to get bent, get drunk or play Rook. Lol. Thank you for the magnapoots. Hehehe.

Don't forget to dab some vanilla flavoring behind each ear to really bring out the animal in that man, then let the cougar roll on. MEEEEOOOWWW!!! Hehehehe. From a man's prespective, if he seems like a good catch, I would go with the high class Watkins brand, if iffy I would just go with the store bargain brand. Have a good time.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
That soft kitty song got to all of us, I think. Or maybe it's the Christmas season. Who knows... We should be kind to each other for the rest of the year. No one could ever ruin your reputation as a scary troll, so don't worry about that. Now that we know that you are a force to contend with, you can come out from behind the wall that you built around yourself. I think that you will find that most folks are decent and are willing to accept you for who you are.
OK, as long as my reputation isn't at stake. LOL. I don't think it's Christmas. I don't get into Christmas like a lot of folks. I don't decorate, shop and things like that. Those crowds pushing, grabbing, being greedy, non stop worn out Christmas songs, uck. I just give the kids money. LOL. I would like to have a wooden Santa Claus bent over with the top of his crack showing to put at the end of my driveway. Lol. This big guy was checking out in the next aisle of the grocery store like that. I whispered to the cashier in my aisle to look over her right shoulder. She did and there it was, a closeup view. She said, gee thanks. I told her anytime, I knew she would do the same for me.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Last night's meteor shower was disappointing.

Final count... 16.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, as long as my reputation isn't at stake. LOL. I don't think it's Christmas. I don't get into Christmas like a lot of folks. I don't decorate, shop and things like that. Those crowds pushing, grabbing, being greedy, non stop worn out Christmas songs, uck. I just give the kids money. LOL. I would like to have a wooden Santa Claus bent over with the top of his crack showing to put at the end of my driveway. Lol. This big guy was checking out in the next aisle of the grocery store like that. I whispered to the cashier in my aisle to look over her right shoulder. She did and there it was, a closeup view. She said, gee thanks. I told her anytime, I knew she would do the same for me.
Why would you traumatize someone like that?... LOL
dont be fooled

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

JOE NOBODY wrote:
dont be fooled, Seems to me, that you are the fool. What has Iran done to us? You must be a Lib, ignorant and misinformed!
tell me exactly what Iran has done to us, or any aggressive action they have taken towards another country. The only war mongering nation in the Middle East is Israel and they have the most nuclear weapons in that region, yet they cry out that they are being threatened by the development of nukes by Iran. What a crock of shit that our media is telling us. You are misinformed and brainwashed my friend.
dont be fooled

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the Iranian PEOPLE are not our enemy, the Iranian GOVERNMENT is one of our main threats. The Iranian government is the Iranian people's worst enemy! I have known Iranians and about Iran for thirty years. I was engaged to a man that was imprisoned and tortured during the 70's revolution that put the present government in power. Mainstream media has nothing to do with it.
what has the Iranian government done to us? And I am not talking about the lies that you've been fed by our mainstream media that say they are behind terrorism. The Mossad and Israel are the terrorists in the Middle East, not the Iranians. Israel is responsible for what is happening in Syria right now, and they were also the aggressors in the recent bombing of Palestinians in Gaza. Hundereds of Palestinians dead and maybe only a handful of Israels...so who's the aggressor?
dont be fooled

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hafiz, whatever you are smoking, I'll pass. Israel is the only country in the Middle East that can be trusted with nuclear arms!
trusted with nuclear arms??? You're joking, right? Have you ever heard of the 'Samson option' whereby Israel has pledged to take down the whole world with its nuclear arsenal in the event they are threatened by the Muslims?
dont be fooled

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
For sure! Too many young people are being brainwashed by limp wristed terrorist hugging college professors! I have had them myself. Instead of teaching they use their position to push their screwed up political (and moral) agenda!
you are the one who is young, dumb, and brainwashed

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 66,261 - 66,280 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

113 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min brad 144,980
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min ChromiuMan 128,050
Where can I buy Pumpkins seeds to eat? (Oct '12) 33 min Just Looking 14
Becky Abner. N Richard hicks 34 min Lol 16
Beth Sanders 35 min David 1
michelle P waiver program 45 min Dannie 27
Barbourville topix 48 min Just Looking 10
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 50 min sheila 385
KC Basketball Coach 3 hr Panther 68
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs